Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Year of the Metal Rabbit~
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pikasyuu
I love my astrology, moreso when Witless is involved, and even moreso when we're entering a Chinese year that corresponds with my sign! But alas, I'm just a fire bunny, 2011 is the year of metal bunnies. My mental image is/was a little cooler than this, but..

A little info -

THE METAL RABBIT 1951 AND 2011

Metal gives Rabbits a more resilient demeanor than the other more quiet Rabbit. These Rabbits are very ambitious and can be quite crafty in their dealings with others. They throw themselves and their emotions into everything they do, making them intense lovers, but not outwardly affectionate lovers. Their determination can affect their work as well, whether through personal relationships with colleagues or with the work itself, a Rabbit can be known to immerse himself in his projects…business and personal.

So, young (or old, if you're Hobbes or MrBrick) Matazoner, what animal hath China bestowed on your year? Use google if you don't know, any 'horoscopes sux!!11' posts are to be made by Witless and Witless alone.

Happy New Yearrrr. I wonder why Setsubun doesn't get as much attention..Happy Setsubun as well! Throw your beans!
Hobbes
QUOTE (Pikasyuu @ Feb 3 2011, 04:33 PM) *
So, young (or old, if you're Hobbes or MrBrick)

HE'S OLDER THAN ME!!!!!

(just)

No comments please but I am a Pig (Boar).

Sadly, syuu has prevented everyone except Witless from making any critical comments in this thread, so I shall just share the incredibly non-specific blurb about Pigs:

People of this sign are honest and tolerant and make good friends. Pigs (or Boars) however tend to expect the same from everyone else, they often end up disappointed when they learn otherwise of people. Viewed often as na´ve, a pig is very trusting.

Someone born in the year of the Pig is usually honest, straightforward and a patient person. They are a modest, shy character who prefers to work quietly behind the scenes. When others despair, they are often there to offer support. This type of person is reserved with those they do not know too well, but as time passes and they gain confidence, those around them may discover a lively and warm-hearted person behind that mask of aloofness. Despite those born in the year of the Pig having a wide circle of friends and acquaintances, they have few close friends who understand them and share their inner thoughts and feelings. It is easy to put trust in Pigs; they won't let you down and will never even attempt to do so. Such people simply want to do everything right according to social norms.

It is important to remember that these people are not vengeful creatures. If someone tries to take advantage of them, the Pigs tend to withdraw to reflect on the problem and protect themselves. All they need in such situations is a little time to find a constructive way to respond.

There is a tolerant and peaceful side to their character. Such people are never afraid to allow others their freedom of expression; they do not want to cause arguments and if there is any way to avoid arguing, they will probably take this option. However, they are not weak and if the situation forces them to fight, these people will rise to the occasion, whether it is to defend themselves or those close to them.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'm a wood ox but I am pretty sure that I share none of the attributes that go with it, at least as far as I remember.
Mata
I'm a fire dragon - I just about skimmed into 1976 by a couple of days due to the weirdness of the Chinese calendar. Basically being a fire dragon means I'm the most dragony of dragons - wise, powerful, and generally kick-arse. Woohoo!
Tarantio
I'm not generally a big follower of horoscopes, as I'm sure many folk aren't, though I do occasionally check it in the papers for a laugh or two.

That said, I am aware that I was born in the year of the rat, and, after a quick check, now realise it was the wood rat, which just sounds pretty weasly, to be honest. Metal Bunny sounds like a four foot, busty headbanger, which I think I'd much rather be...
Ashbless
Hey! Wood rats rule!

Um, well maybe not but that's also my sign. biggrin.gif
SPEAKERfortheLOST
SSsssss.... I am an Earthly and Wisssse Ssssnake...

Or maybe not... but I am an Earth Snake.
voices_in_my_head
Hmm. Apparently, I am a water monkey.

Monkey people, on their merry way to becoming famous, like to strew memorable bits of impishness and practical jokes along the way. Lots of fun, they also possess a serious side and influence a good many people throughout their lifetime. They know how to accomplish the most difficult of tasks with the greatest of enthusiasm, concentration, and ease. Even so, they can easily get discouraged and confused and MUST do things their way! They often become great mathematicians, super chess players, researchers, entrepreneurs or scientists.

That last bit made me laugh - I'm taking intermediate algebra (a course I already have to take before "real" algebra due to me being horrible at math) for the second time.
Cath Sparrow
I'm a wood bunny.
Pikasyuu
lol Chels, yeah - nearly NONE of the original rabbit traits fit me at all. most of it points to someone very introverted, fragile, and so on, and while I do have some of those qualities waywayway deep down, they're certainly not at the forefront. once you get to the 'fire' bit, that's a little more accurate, (sort of similar to my western zodiac description-wise) but still not totally.

i still think being called a fire bunny is pretty hardcore, though. ;) fwwwwwwoooooooom.
vicrawr
Wood rat, represent!
Pikasyuu
more like hood rat <3
Lurker in the Park
Water dog *shakes*

These Dogs have great foresight and are well-educated on many different things. This quality helps them appreciate other points of view, making them quite flexible and liberal. They are easygoing, but this can cause them to be too spendthrift with money and less loyal with friends. Still, because of their flexible natures and their ability to appreciate difference, these Dogs always have friends and are usually popular people.

I'm a renaissance puppy biggrin.gif
Tarantio
QUOTE (Lurker in the Park @ Feb 5 2011, 07:35 AM) *
I'm a renaissance puppy biggrin.gif

Like Dog-Tanian and the Muskethounds? ohmy.gif
elphaba2
Hoss, I am a hoss. made of METAL.

clip clop clangity clang.

Actually, the batty French farmwife I spent a good chunk of the summer with told me I'm a SUPER METAL HORSE, which I thought was like super powers but actually is that I'm just very metal horse-y.

...and having just read a description, can't say I disagree so much. I also now understand why she referred to my then-boyfriend as "le pauvre copain" as the description for Metal Horse focuses almost entirely on how sh*t we are at relationships. Clangity...clang?
gothictheysay
Elph, we are born in the same year so I'm a metal horse too smile.gif The blurb about relationships for horses in general makes more sense for me: "Horses, being spontaneous, have a tendency to fall fast and hard for others. They tend to give themselves fully in each new relationship a quality that ends up chipping away at their inner being. Fortunately, this exhausting trait mellows with age and relationships are stronger and more stable later in life."

Metal horse, though, it does sound cool.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 3 2011, 11:39 PM) *
I'm a fire dragon - I just about skimmed into 1976 by a couple of days due to the weirdness of the Chinese calendar. Basically being a fire dragon means I'm the most dragony of dragons - wise, powerful, and generally kick-arse. Woohoo!

Ditto, also Fire Dragon but I think I'm older that you dammit dry.gif

That also meant you were qualified to assist in the drawing of the fire dragon tattoo that I have biggrin.gif
Witless
I am a water pig apparently. That sounds fairly undignified, but I did find a pic that makes it look fun:

Water Pigs go with the flow and usually trust people before they truly know them. This, of course, can get them into trouble because they are often to trusting for their own good. Water Pigs are quite easily influenced; yet, can be very persuasive when it comes to getting what they want. These people love parties and social situations and enjoy giving of themselves to help others.

I am allowed to mock? Sweet.

Lets play a game called "yay correct, or BOO WRONG!."

Water Pigs go with the flow:- Yay correct
and usually trust people before they truly know them. This, of course, can get them into trouble because they are often to trusting for their own good:- BOO WRONG!
Water Pigs are quite easily influenced:- BOO WRONG!
can be very persuasive when it comes to getting what they want:- BOO WRONG!
These people love parties and social situations:- Hmm... yes and no. Lets say 'BOO correct!'
and enjoy giving of themselves to help others:- Yay correct

That's 2.5/6 . Below average. Even my horoscope normally does better than this (except this one, this has to be one of the most inaccurate descriptions of myself I have ever read (and I have read my horoscope in the daily mail.))

Also horoscopes sux!!11. My personality is shaped by the *does wiggly fingers* mYsTeRiOuS pOwErS oF sPaCe!? more than small things like the overwhelming powers of life experience and brain structure? If anyone says something like, "maybe the gravity of the planets and stars has an effect on how the brain forms like how the moon can sometimes effect natural cycles and periods?" I will slap you with science.

Mildly off topic though. Did you know that most football stars (soccer stars for the cousins across the pond) have their birthdays at the start of the year? It's because of how the really young football classes pick their teams in December. So kids born in January and February are the oldest kids in the class. At that age, the extra year of growth makes a lot of difference. That extra boost gets continually gets re-enforced throughout their lives by them being picked first for teams. In the end birthdays end up being largely shifted towards the start of the year at professional level football. That is the only interesting thing I know about football. It also relates to birthdays so is a mildly constructive addition to this post.

Being an exception to the rules of a post is fun, I want to be an exception more often, it makes me feel powerful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.