Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meet in May
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Phantom
Hello all,

I am going to the UK in the end of April.
On that note I wanted to take the opportunity to arrange a meet with the people interested.
The most convenient for me would be London, and to be more specific the 1st of May (Sunday).
If nobody has time at the same time (yes I need to improve my English),
I would like to ask the people who are interested for less populated meet XD

I would love to meet you dear matazonians!

-the Dutch
Mata
Your English is a lot better than our Dutch! Ik kan een beetj spreken nu, maar ik hep het nodig voor meer praktijk.
LoLo
So awesome! Wish I could be there and I hope you guys have fun. Sara in the UK for the win!
Phantom
QUOTE (LoLo @ Mar 26 2011, 02:51 AM) *
So awesome! Wish I could be there and I hope you guys have fun. Sara in the UK for the win!

<3 youuu
Pikasyuu
here to say i hope you have tons of fun!! i hope to see you when i get to the UK around wintertime. much love to the sara. <3 dutch invasion.
Mata
The best method of organising tends to be to pick a date and say you'll be in London. It's a bit of a 'make it and they shall come' kind of arrangment.
Phantom
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 26 2011, 09:12 PM) *
The best method of organising tends to be to pick a date and say you'll be in London. It's a bit of a 'make it and they shall come' kind of arrangment.

good tip smile.gif
but I dont know where because I know nothing in england tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
Tis ok they'll surgest where it just tends to be the when that needs pinning down.
Mata
The usual location for London meets is The Champion:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...ingdom&z=16

It's close to the Oxford Circus tube station and the beer is exceptionally well-priced for central London. It's also reasonably easily accessible from most sides of the capital so that makes it good for most people to get to.

Now you just need to provide a date!
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 5 2011, 05:25 AM) *
Now you just need to provide a date!

QUOTE (Sharazad @ Mar 24 2011, 10:16 AM) *
The most convenient for me would be London, and to be more specific the 1st of May (Sunday).

There you go, sorted!
Cath Sparrow
The weekend of the 1st May could be rather insane as it's the Royal Wedding on the 29th should probably be calming down but there will likely still be tons of tourist mooching round.
Daria
Also, the first of May is mayday.

Not saying that it'll be as eventful as mayday 2001, but if that kind of thing makes you uncomfortable (large numbers of people in the streets, lots of police, lots of police in riot gear, roads closed, and those terrifying anarchists we keep getting warned of on the news) then it's probably not the best day to be in central London.

However if you do have the meet on the 1st, I'll be in London!
Mata
Watch out for policemen in boilersuits and with their bras on show, is all I'll say.
Daria
Haha, I think you'll find that was April 1st, not May wink.gif
Phantom
QUOTE (Daria @ Apr 8 2011, 12:22 AM) *
Haha, I think you'll find that was April 1st, not May wink.gif

lol I believed it XD
Well May 1st it is
Daria
(To put Mata's comment into context)
Pixelgoth
I'll be meeting Sara at St Pancras on Friday 29th at 9pm and Guy and I will be showing her to delights of Laaaardaaarn town on Saturday smile.gif
Phantom
To note everything down:

Sunday May 1st
5 pm
The Champion

See you there biggrin.gif (hopefully)
Phantom
QUOTE (Pixelgoth @ Apr 25 2011, 09:47 PM) *
I'll be meeting Sara at St Pancras on Friday 29th at 9pm and Guy and I will be showing her to delights of Laaaardaaarn town on Saturday smile.gif

biggrin.gif just a few days away now
Phantom
spaammm tongue.gif

tomorrrrooowww biggrin.gif
Taking one class and taking the train off to England city muahah

Beware England!
Phyllis
Aw, wish we could make it, but we're visiting moop's parents this weekend. Hope you have lots of fun! biggrin.gif
Mata
Come on English peeps, who's going to be there tomorrow?

EDIT: Sunday! I mean Sunday! Oops smile.gif
Hobbes
I'll be there smile.gif Otherwise I'm in big trouble biggrin.gif
Hobbes
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 29 2011, 01:01 PM) *
Come on English peeps, who's going to be there tomorrow?

*Sunday
Phantom
Thanks everyone!
Mata
So, no riots this year then?
Daria
Everyone was elsewhere (I was in the Suffolk countryside, getting a tan happy.gif )
Phantom
no, no riots. at least not that I know of smile.gif
Mata
Why didn't you start one then? Tsk, you missed a great opportunity there.
Phantom
QUOTE (Mata @ May 13 2011, 01:10 PM) *
Why didn't you start one then? Tsk, you missed a great opportunity there.

I will don't worry, you've taught me well smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.