Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP Pico
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
BigMistake
Hey guys, just wanted to share this with ya. A few hours ago one of our two cats passed away from a heart attack. She was 16 years old, and was around for most of my life. We buried her in a nice spot in the center of the garden, going to put a birdbath there (she would've liked that, she liked to spend time looking at the birds). I'm gonna miss her :'(.

(Pico's the black one. Her sister Coco isn't that healthy as well, unfortunately)
Pikasyuu
that's horrible :/
RIP kitty cat. hopefully her little feline spirit will watch over you all. missing cats is hard - their personalities bring such a presence into a home.
gothictheysay
Aw. Sorry for your loss. sad.gif *hugs*
Mata
Sorry to hear that sad.gif
Phantom
Hug!
just me
Thought I'd start a new thread, but when I saw this, and in particular Coco (who looks just like my cat smile.gif ), I figured I'd keep it here.

My cat, Misa, recently got run over, I did it (accidentally) but I won't go into the details, feel bad enough about it as it is...

Well she had to have one of her front legs amputated, shes adapted quite well to it, I suppose it helps shes quite young.

Just looking for some advice on how to improve her life, games she can play, or just general information from someone whos been through the same.
BigMistake
QUOTE (just me @ Oct 19 2011, 04:02 PM) *
Thought I'd start a new thread, but when I saw this, and in particular Coco (who looks just like my cat smile.gif ), I figured I'd keep it here.

My cat, Misa, recently got run over, I did it (accidentally) but I won't go into the details, feel bad enough about it as it is...

Well she had to have one of her front legs amputated, shes adapted quite well to it, I suppose it helps shes quite young.

Just looking for some advice on how to improve her life, games she can play, or just general information from someone whos been through the same.

Well, all cats I know are very different, but here's what I did when Pico got sick:

She liked to crawl under duvets/blankets/quilts (when she and her siblings were just born we had to keep them under a blanket) and just lie against you. So whenever I was lying on the couch she'd crawl under and I'd pet her, and she'd reward me with purring and headbutts. And when I was watching something on my laptop I'd wrap a quilt around her and hold her kind of like you'd hold a newborn, which she liked as well. In the end, I think she liked the attention. And now Coco is receiving (and demanding) twice the attention.

I don't really play games with Coco anymore mainly because she's over 16 and harder to get to play, but I basically do the same with her. The keyword is attention. You can spoil a cat rotten with food and comfort, but that's not all they need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.