Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merry Pie!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Mata
Merry Pie everybody! Did anyone get any cool presents? I've mostly had money, which I am pointing towards games, my first purchase being Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath biggrin.gif
Ashbless
Merry Pie Day everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful day with friends and/or family.

My favourite gift is from my little brother. It's a photo album scrapbooked with little sibling rivalry jokes. It's wonderful.
My funniest gift is from the other mother, my father's wife. It's, I kid you not, a pink, paisley muumuu with turquoise accents and gold piping. It's so ugly it's simply epic. I put it on, checked the mirror and laughed until my sides hurt. I've promised a couple people that a photo will appear of said epic piece of clothing. Just give me time to bury my dignity deep and it'll probably happen.

So it's been an awesome day so far. I'm off to meet friends to feast on bites of yummy food and watch marathon amounts of Dr. Who and anime. I'm feeling very loved and spoiled rotten.
BigMistake
I haven't actually gotten anything since us Dutch usually don't do gifts for Christmas. However, I've got 6 copies of Puzzle Quest 2 on Steam if someone wants one!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
I suspect my family are secretly dutch then, though I did get some socks. Can never have enough socks.

I wouldn't mind a free game if there's one left, but I borked my windows partition so I can't actually use steam right now...
BigMistake
QUOTE (CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane @ Dec 26 2011, 11:13 PM) *
I suspect my family are secretly dutch then, though I did get some socks. Can never have enough socks.

I wouldn't mind a free game if there's one left, but I borked my windows partition so I can't actually use steam right now...

WINE! laugh.gif
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
will it work in wine? I guess it's worth a try smile.gif
BigMistake
QUOTE (CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane @ Dec 27 2011, 12:24 PM) *
will it work in wine? I guess it's worth a try smile.gif

It's totally offtopic, but Steam will work pretty okay on WINE. If you go here you can get help getting it up and running. During my Ubuntu/Backtrack only days I used WINE to play Counterstrike and the like.
morney
Yes.. usually dutches do not get gifts on christmas.. i would like to have that game..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.