Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP Ashley
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
BigMistake
Today the girl that'd been my moral support for over 10 years had to be put down because of a dozen health problems, including a heart disease and failing kidneys. It sucks even more that I wasn't able to be there in the end because of school, because I wanted her to know I was there, which sounds a bit silly but was really important to me. Anyway, a picture of her in better days:

Yannick
Aww, I'm sorry for your loss. sad.gif She was a really pretty doggie.
Hobbes
Beautiful dog! Sorry to hear your news *hugs*
Pikasyuu
RIP pumpkin sad.gif
voices_in_my_head
That's a pretty puppy, man. Was she a golden retriever? <3 I know how hard losing pets can be, and a lot of people out there don't understand the emotional attachment to them, which is silly. They're our best friends, they never complain and always listen, are always happy to see you and never turn away - but just remember that you provided her with the absolute best care you could, and that is more than any animal could ask for, and more than so many of them get.
BigMistake
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jun 15 2012, 12:17 AM) *
That's a pretty puppy, man. Was she a golden retriever? <3 I know how hard losing pets can be, and a lot of people out there don't understand the emotional attachment to them, which is silly. They're our best friends, they never complain and always listen, are always happy to see you and never turn away - but just remember that you provided her with the absolute best care you could, and that is more than any animal could ask for, and more than so many of them get.

Yes, she was a Golden Retriever. They usually get 15-17, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. And yeah, people who haven't had a pet (or a cat or dog especially) don't get the fuss. Where you can get in fights and arguments with humans, Ashley never disagreed with me, was always there to wag her tail and jump up in excitement when I came home, etc. And she was a big cuddlebunny <3
voices_in_my_head
Ah, I asked because my best friend and her grandparents both had golden retrievers - one was about eight, and the other was only about six years old, and they both passed due to cancer-related complications within a week of each other. I don't know if it's of any consolation to you, but according to the vets they both talked to, ten years is actually a very respectable age for a purebred golden to live to.

That breed in particular are such loyal, lovey-dovey companions - Impossible not to love, regardless of if they're your dog or not. I think that even if they could talk, they still wouldn't even argue with you...makes me think of UP.

Anyway, I hope you're doing okay - regardless of what anyone says, it really can be just as devastating to lose a furry friend as it is to lose a human one. *hugs*
Mata
Sorry to hear that, she looks lovely. Still, she has had a good life with a loving family, and that's the best that a pet can get.
TigerLily013
QUOTE (BigMistake @ Jun 14 2012, 10:48 PM) *
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jun 15 2012, 12:17 AM) *

Yes, she was a Golden Retriever. They usually get 15-17, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. And yeah, people who haven't had a pet (or a cat or dog especially) don't get the fuss. Where you can get in fights and arguments with humans, Ashley never disagreed with me, was always there to wag her tail and jump up in excitement when I came home, etc. And she was a big cuddlebunny <3

Wow 15 or 17? I honestly thought Goldens had the same expectancy as Yellow/Black/Chocolate labs. My Marty passed away before his 13th birthday and he was a yellow lab and usually labs live to be between 12-15 at best scenario from what I learned over the years. 10 years is awesome though and least your puppy is on rainbow bridge <3 She's a very lovely puppy smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.