exactly what it says - what's been the greatest moment of your life so far?

mine was a few years ago. my best friend alexis' grandmother had just passed away, so she and her family were all in town. i hadn't seen all of them in a very long time since she moved to california and her mother and stepfather moved to sweden with her brother and sister. our families have been incredibly close since we were five years old - and we have the same birthday, so we're always joking that we're the gemini twins, ofc.

a very blurry picture of the day we met.

anyway, it was an incredibly sad occasion. her grandmother was a beloved woman who impacted a lot of people during the course of her life. mourning her loss was very, very difficult because she was simply one of those people whose absence was so enormous. that night, alexis decided that she and her fiance wanted to get married. she told me first and it quickly spread to her mother and stepfather and we all got really excited - well, and nervous, considering her mother was pretty overwhelmed at the time. so, over the next two days, they planned this tiny wedding that included her brother, sister, mother, stepfather, aunt, husband, two cousins, another aunt, an uncle, two sisters in law and myself. i was the only non-blood relative that attended.

i can't explain why this night was so amazing. maybe because she took a horrible time and made something beautiful out of it, or because she and her husband love each other so much, or because everybody was all together and full of happiness and excitement? the simplicity of everything was what really stuck with me - we went to the infamous Little White Chapel here in Vegas and followed it up with a very elegant dinner at Benni Hana, followed by drinks and dancing on their dance floor. there was nothing about it that wasn't literally perfect, and so far, it's my favorite memory.

next?