Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secret Santa 2012
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Phyllis
It's that time again, my darlings! If you sign up before the 25th of November, you will receive your very own Matazonian to shower with gifts costing around 5 (as of right now, that's about $8 US).

To sign up, simply fill out the form at the bottom of this post with your own information, post it in this thread, and then PM me your address.

Important note: You need to send me your address even if you think I already have it.

The only person who can ignore the above message is moop, since he lives with me. tongue.gif I can remember my own address, but the odds of me actually finding an address sent to me a year ago are slim to none. Every year, someone forgets, and I have to track them down and tell them to go cut me a switch. Don't be that guy. Don't make me whoop you.

Victims will be assigned soon after the sign-up deadline passes. The deadline for sending gifts will be the 10th of December, given that some will have to be sent internationally. There's some wiggle room on the deadline, but be sure to let your victim know if his/her gift will be late (you'll receive the sign-in info for the Secret Santa account when one of Santa's helpers PMs you with your victim's name and address, and you can post in this thread under that username to ask questions, etc.).

Please don't participate if you think you might not be able to follow through. Sometimes things beyond your control can come up, which is perfectly understandable, but if you're going to flake, for the love of Pete, let us know as far in advance as you can, okay? Okay.

In the past, we've always listed all of our previous victims, to make sure no one was paired a second time. Since this is the sixth year we're doing this, I think just the past two victims will suffice. If you don't remember who they were, you can find the threads here: 2011 and 2010.

I think that's everything! PM me if you have any questions/concerns/chocolate/praise that can't go in the thread.

And I'm serious about that switch, people. Don't test me and my evil elves.

So... innocent.gif

Name: Candice
Previous Victim(s): gothictheysay and Cath
Likes/Dislikes: Ever since this started, I've just asked for something to amuse me, and it has yet to fail me. I hate anything banana or cherry flavoured, should Santa feel like sending me food. Oh, and I'm a vegetarian, though I don't know why you'd send me meat. Never hurts to be sure, though. I harbour fantasies about moving to some remote location to become a beekeeper/hermit.
Cath Sparrow
Name: Cath
Previous victims: Oni and Cand
Likes/Dislikes: I like pirates, goth stuff, generally alternative stuff steam punk etc. Odd = good. I've a seriously bad sweet tooth, jewellery and shiney stuff is good to and generally anything silly, amusing or quirky. JUST GET ME SOMETHING FUN!
I hate banana anything, they are the spawn of satan!! I think that reasonably covers it.

(Still copy and paste from last year here. Honest!)
mooooooooooopo
Name: moop
Previous Victim(s): gothictheysay, Cath
Likes: Aircraft, programming, cute animals, owls, unconventionally cute animals like spiny lizards, sour things, parma violets, turkish delight, root beer, weird noises and unconventional musical instruments, mysterious objects.
Dislikes: Bananas, mushrooms, meat, things you (or someone else) killed something to make.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Name: snoo
Previous Victim(s): CrazyMat, Fuzzy
Likes: I like socks, penguins and fraggle rock. I like spots and stripes, cheese, chocolate, Sour Patch Kids (but not the stupid UK ones that they've ruined with gelatine). Green. The Northern Lights. Crafty things. Marmite. Labyrinth. Small fuzzy creatures with squify noses.
Dislikes: Anything with meat products, such as gelatine. Tomatoes, useless things, books full of useless "facts". Red. Scary stuff, cephalopods, overly girly things, things in bad taste.
Oni Usagi
Name: Oni
Previous victims: Funked Out Love Frog, Evil Spoon
Likes: Bunnies, foxes and kitsune, birds (esp raptors, parrots, swallows) space, JRPGs, Eastern and European mythology, coding, upgrading, making myself seem as geeky as possible.
Dislikes: Pastels, uno, sweets, losing, fruit, arachnids, horror, Nickelback, military, Applejack, 'chill' as an adjective.
Pikasyuu
Name: syuu
Previous Victim(s): smiler, eli
Likes/Dislikes: i like: undergarments, interesting candies, nailpolish, british things, hello kitty, hair accessories that i can wear to work (aka no dick bobby pins or clitoris clippies), movies and books that are happy, body glitter, fake eyelashes, awesome beverages such as irn bru or jones sodas, nickel-free funky oversized jewelry, cigarettes from foreign lands, nose rings, foxes, ferrets, and temporary tattoos.
i dislike things that are boring. biggrin.gif
Ashbless
Name: Ashbless
Previous Victims: Speaker and Moop.
Likes: Just about any strange little gizmo if I can get it back from the cat, hot and cold beverages and words.
Dislikes: Pink things.

I live in the far away land of Canada so keep that in mind if you chose something perishable. I've been delighted with the things that Santa has brought so far. He has fantastic (if apparently evil) elves if you ask me.
Mata
Name: Mata
Previous Victim(s): Lolo, Hobbes, CheeseMoose, Ryn, and EvilSpoon
Likes/Dislikes: Well designed objects or 'urban toys', books of pictures, illustration thing generally, savoury foods, spicy foods, arty stuff, steampunk, cyberpunk, punk, gothy things, quirky things... Books with vampires. Books of quirky language stuff. Umm... Stuff. That should do. I don't really have many dislikes in the world. I'm a happy chap.

I *still* haven't painted these: http://www.colorblanks.com/toys/ that I got in 2010! I keep on thinking of different things to do with them and can't make my mind up! I really like them though smile.gif Companions in a similar ilk would be nice.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
I'm in.

Name: Mat

Previous victims: Maybe Mata, Lolo, CheeseMoose? I think.

awesomely designed useful things. like this:

ponies
star trek

Dislikes:
Things that take up space
Things that will anger my dentist

gothictheysay
Name: Sarah
Previous Victims: Candice and snoo
Likes: books and words, animals, wallets and bags, writing utensils, arts and crafts especially pretty cardstock or anything papery, card games, cute things, chocolate, music, toys, things that will make me laugh.
Dislike: Ask me if it's food-related! I LOVE sweets and chocolate and such but I can be quite picky with food. Nickelback. Anything gory. If it's pink it better be for a good reason.
Phyllis
Hmm. HMM.

Nine replies. Six PMs with addresses sitting in my inbox.

Some of you want to be spanked for "forgetting," don't you? I should've known better, given this crowd. Should've threatened to vote Republican or something. tongue.gif
Yannick
QUOTE (Phyllis @ Nov 5 2012, 08:06 AM) *
Should've threatened to vote Republican or something. tongue.gif

Wooah, let's not get carried away now.
Cath Sparrow
Lalalalalalalala! innocent.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (Yannick @ Nov 5 2012, 02:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Phyllis @ Nov 5 2012, 08:06 AM) *
Should've threatened to vote Republican or something. tongue.gif

Wooah, let's not get carried away now.

Shhh. It's an empty threat, but don't tell them that!
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Phyllis @ Nov 5 2012, 03:06 AM) *
Hmm. HMM.

Nine replies. Six PMs with addresses sitting in my inbox.

Some of you want to be spanked for "forgetting," don't you? I should've known better, given this crowd. Should've threatened to vote Republican or something. tongue.gif

NOOO I GAVE IT TO YOU, I GAVE IT TO YOU! (tenderly and lovingly)

TELL ME THEIR NAMES AND I'LL GET THEM JUST TAKE YOUR FINGER AWAY FROM THE REPUBLICAN BOX. FOR THE LOVE OF MY UTERUS, DRAW YOUR ARM BACK SLOWLY!

(stylr is coming for me.)
froggle-rock
Previously: Oni (didn't do SS in 2010)
Likes: Frogs. Knickers (UK 12/14). Socks (4-8UK). Practical things for use after the apocalypse (so far, a torch and travel towel). Old things, second hand things. My mug got broke a little while back, so a replacement would be welcomed. Nail polish (I've got quite a few colours but not many glitters with shapes) or nail stickers or stuff for decorating nails. Shoe laces for 14 holed DMs? Stuffs? Erm, feel free to ask in the thread later if you're still stuck. I've tried to be a bit more specific than usual as I know Oni had a hard time figuring something out. Even though the pressie he got me in the end is pretty awesome.
Dislikes: Peas.
*including wasabi peas. -froggy
Witless
Name: Witless
Previous Victims: No one! Never signed up before
Likes: Geeky things, sugary things, and caffeinated things.
Dislikes: Certain musicians, Transformers 2 and the Twilight saga.
Mata
Sometimes it's so tempting to edit people's posts. I really want to change Wittles' post to say that he loves Twilight. Be glad that I'm a benevolent dictator.
Cath Sparrow
Damn it Mata now your just tempting me.

Love the not so benevolent minion/evil secret santa pixie.
Witless
Instantly I see a flaw in secret santa on a forum where too many of the admins feel comfortably close enough to people to be evil.
Pikasyuu
my froggy edit was both kind and helpful :3c hdu accuse us of corruption. we always do what we can to better matazone.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Pikasyuu @ Nov 12 2012, 06:52 PM) *
my froggy edit was both kind and helpful :3c hdu accuse us of corruption. we always do what we can to better matazone.

Except she doesn't actually like wasabi peas... tongue.gif
Pikasyuu
she doesn't!? but she gave me some and said they were lovely..
MrBrick
Name : MrBrick
Previous Victims : The Human race
Likes : Geeky stuff, retro games, outdoorsy things like knives and useful pouches and stuff. Sci-fi books.
Dislikes : Most of the things that Syuu likes. Twilight, Fifty Shades of anything. You.

Figured I should break my Santa virginity.

eta: syuu does not like twilight or fifty shades. she does, however, like reality television and uses this to torment her grandpa routinely. further slander shall not be tolerated.

Since when was I your grandfather?

it's sort of a generic term for 'older gentleman'
MrBrick
QUOTE (MrBrick (Ssshhdon'ttellsyuu) @ Nov 22 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Likes : Geeky stuff, retro games, outdoorsy things like knives and useful pouches and stuff. Sci-fi books.
Dislikes : Most of the things that Syuu likes. Twilight, Fifty Shades of anything. You.

eta: syuu does not like twilight or fifty shades. she does, however, like reality television and uses this to torment her grandpa routinely. further slander shall not be tolerated.

No it isn't.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (MrGlitteryBum @ Nov 22 2012, 12:41 PM) *

No it isn't.

It is now, girlfriend.
MrBrick
QUOTE (Pikasyuu @ Nov 22 2012, 08:43 PM) *
QUOTE (MrGlitteryBum @ Nov 22 2012, 12:41 PM) *

No it isn't.

It is now, girlfriend.

mad.gif
Phyllis
Time's up!

You should all receive your victims soon. smile.gif
LoLo
Alrighty...my list was written on birth control pill instructions and drawn from Fuzzy's hat, and now everyone should have gotten their victims from me. Have fun!
Phyllis
I've sent out my half of the list as well. If you don't have a victim now, PM me!
Secret Santa
Dear Mistress Sarah
The Delivery Jungle Fairies are being complete arses and demanding a phone number for if there is any problems. Could you possibly pass one on to Evil Elf Lo so she can forward it and I can kick their asses into submission.

Your ever loving evil overlo.... erm I mean.... Santa. yup yup that's it, definitely Santa.
Secret Santa
Pikasyuu,
My elves should be with you shortly. Possibly Thursday.
Secret Santa
Dear Sarah

After some research by the Elves we were able to acquire your phone number and the jungle fairies will now be winging its way to you in the next 3-5 days.

Your ever loving evil overlo.... damn I really need to break the habbit, Santa.
Pikasyuu
I see someone jiggled the admin panel so that the rest of us couldn't usefully use the IP lookup tool.
well played.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I had a package arrive today... not quite sure what to make of it huh.gif

EDIT: I just noticed that I have a PM - the forum didn't make me aware of it arriving so I didn't read it until now! I'm really sorry Santa, I promise to follow the instructions from now on blush.gif
Secret Santa
Dear Madame syuuu

The delivery gnomes have knicked off with your gift and promise that they will deliver it soon. I have to say though I'm not sure I quite trust them (nastey little buggers) but it should hopefully be with you shortly.

Yours sincerely

Secret Santa

Secret Santa
Moop,
Your gifts should be arriving in a few small packages on or near next Thursday, December 6th.
Pikasyuu
Dearest Santa,
I received my gift today. Thank you for the GIANT laugh and smile! I am excite and shall watch tonight..this should be something excellent to munch on before sleep. ^___^ i reallyreallyreally appreciate it! pics to come. everyone else will probably have a good laugh as well. i feels special <3

now, onto who you might be.. (which, i decided to preserve the surprise in lieu of what someone said in IRC yesterday. otherwise, i have the patience of a gnat.)
well.
you did change your typing style from your initial post, which means you must have been present in IRC when i was commenting on the various typing styles of forumites - and the ones i'm extra familiar with frequent IRC. based on your first post, i had you narrowed down to three people.
the DVD says 'for all regions' and is Big Brother related, (also discussed in IRC) which narrows you down to two people.
your gift note included a certain vernacular and speech-style, which cuts you down to one.

MrBrick, where are my feces? tongue.gif

(am i right? dnw to comment until someone confirms/denies. if i'm wrong and you-other-person are my secret santa, i apologize, but you might want to see someone, because you're acting like MrBrick.)
MrBrick
QUOTE (Pikasyuu @ Nov 28 2012, 10:44 PM) *
Dearest Santa,
I received my gift today. Thank you for the GIANT laugh and smile! I am excite and shall watch tonight..this should be something excellent to munch on before sleep. ^___^ i reallyreallyreally appreciate it! pics to come. everyone else will probably have a good laugh as well. i feels special <3

now, onto who you might be.. (which, i decided to preserve the surprise in lieu of what someone said in IRC yesterday. otherwise, i have the patience of a gnat.)
well.
you did change your typing style from your initial post, which means you must have been present in IRC when i was commenting on the various typing styles of forumites - and the ones i'm extra familiar with frequent IRC. based on your first post, i had you narrowed down to three people.
the DVD says 'for all regions' and is Big Brother related, (also discussed in IRC) which narrows you down to two people.
your gift note included a certain vernacular and speech-style, which cuts you down to one.

MrBrick, where are my feces? tongue.gif

(am i right? dnw to comment until someone confirms/denies. if i'm wrong and you-other-person are my secret santa, i apologize, but you might want to see someone, because you're acting like MrBrick.)

Figured it was easy to work out. I think it should be a rule to take unboxing pictures of SS gifts, btw. I'm intrigued to actually see what people get.
Secret Santa
Dearest Mister Oni,
Ho Ho Ho! You've been so good this year, Santa just couldn't help himself and spoiled you a bit. He hopes you like what he picked out! It should be there within a week or so.
Merry Christmas!
Santa
Secret Santa
Dear Snoo,

I am writing to let you know that 'the letter what has further instructions' is on its way to you.

Also after an intense debate over cookies and winter brew tea, the Secret Santa Collective had voted in favour of you being allowed to open all four parts of your gift (three eBay packages and one letter) once you have all four. Instead of having to wait for Chrimbo. Which is what Santa put forward before we plied him with hot toddys because you already opened one.

Regards,

SS
Secret Santa
Cand,
Your gift should be arriving on or near next week.
Secret Santa
Dear Miss Frog,

I will be arriving down your chimney sometime next week. Please wear that thing you wore last year. You know, with the tassels.

Yours sincerely,
S. Claus
mooooooooooopo
A few delightful items sailed their way down the chimney today. Thanks syuu!! >_>

biggrin.gif
gothictheysay
Yay! I'm pretty sure my secret santa is Cath... but either way... Santa sent this lovely octopus ice tray which I will be using nefariously this eve!

Thanks so much smile.gif
Pikasyuu
behold,

the greatest combination of my beloved big brother mixed with the zombie apocolypse. i'm just at the bit where she enters the house after escaping so far, and it's AMAZINGLY well done. my brain is enjoying nomming this. biggrin.gif i can't believe i haven't seen it.

ilu grandpa ^_____^ you're suh sweet. ;;fluffles;;
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
So the final part of my gift arrived and I'm pretty sure I recognise my Santa's writing!

I'll post photos but it might take me a while to assemble it!
Oni Usagi
QUOTE (snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle @ Dec 1 2012, 08:25 AM) *
So the final part of my gift arrived and I'm pretty sure I recognise my Santa's writing!

I'll post photos but it might take me a while to assemble it!

Do before and after!
Phyllis
!!!

I got a Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog book! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Addressed to Calandra Frimblewitz, too.

Thank you, Oni! I never would've guessed it was you if I hadn't cheated. innocent.gif
gothictheysay
What's better than octopi ice? Additional stickers the next day!! Yay!! Thanks Cath! I'm excited to use 'em!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.