Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Definition
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
elf
Ok, instead of PMing all the married peeps I know, and wasting a whole bunch of time, I ask you...

What is your definition of an e-marriage?

By definition I mean, describe it, is it stupid or serious, would you date IRL and not consider it cheating on an e-spouse, etc.?

I've asked a few people already and everyone seems to have their own definition. *shrugs* I'm curious.
Pikasyuu
Lol, yes, I think they do. :P I wouldn't know how to describe mine, you know, without getting the wrong idea. I e-married the forum goer I was most fond of. Date irl? Well, seeing as we have eight years, a continent, and his laydee in between, I'd say the chances of that are slim to none. Harhar. Other than that, I dunno. I guess I'd have to hear his definition to really make my own. Sorry for the little help!
craziness
ok i actually dont know exactly how to explain it
you see i think its kind of a joke
i mean, MAtt is obviously an awesome guy and very very cute! but in all seriousness....if he doesnt have a g/f irl i dont know what the hell is going on, lol. i dont consiter him like an online b/f, its kinda like a game.

p.s. if i actually knew him, hell ya i would date him lol
LoLo
my defenition not that its binding in anyway.....the e-forum marriages are only on the forums.....cheating irl is ok cause its not binding there, and more power to ya, and if you cheat on here well everyones watching so its hard to do, but most people don't seem to mind if some people **cough** cheese **cough** have more than one spouse.
elf
Aah... >_< Any more takers on the question? ... ... ... Oi, I think I'm taking things way too seriously. *shrug* I've always been too literal.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 31 2003, 09:09 PM)
my defenition not that its binding in anyway.....the e-forum marriages are only on the forums.....cheating irl is ok cause its not binding there, and more power to ya, and if you cheat on here well everyones watching so its hard to do, but most people don't seem to mind if some people **cough** cheese **cough** have more than one spouse.

ROFL @ *cough*cheese*cough*
cheese is funny
shhh lolo... anyways...

the way i see it... its just a way to show people you care for them... like... a bf/gf... just without the love making and sex and all... like... someone you should be able to trust and love... but not to be taken too seriously... i mean... well... i really dont know what the hell im talking about... so... ill leave to go be confused....
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 31 2003, 09:11 PM)
shhh lolo... anyways...

the way i see it... its just a way to show people you care for them... like... a bf/gf... just without the love making and sex and all... like... someone you should be able to trust and love... but not to be taken too seriously... i mean... well... i really dont know what the hell im talking about... so... ill leave to go be confused....

Wife hoarder.

Good definition, though. =) Very good. Stay and explain more, yes? And, for the banworthy part, there's always dots ..
elf
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 31 2003, 09:11 PM)
shhh lolo... anyways...

Actually, brother, yours seems most like my definition... Stay and explain to me a bit more. (would you consider them online bf/gf's, though?)
cheese is funny
well... its like... having a good friend... someone you are more likely to come to for help/advice... and always there to pick you up when your not feeling good... someone that you shouldnt be scared to come to for whatever reason.. someone you should be comfortable around...
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 31 2003, 09:14 PM)
well... its like... having a good friend... someone you are more likely to come to for help/advice... and always there to pick you up when your not feeling good... someone that you shouldnt be scared to come to for whatever reason.. someone you should be comfortable around...

so you should marry d-man then right?

btw I was just teasing bout the wife stuff.......you know you're great.
Pikasyuu
Gosh Cheez! That's s'durn cute. ;_;
cheese is funny
for the LAST time... i am not marrying d-man... and that is THAT... end of discussion....

anyways.. for me being great and s'durn cute... your both wrong...
Pikasyuu
But you ARE marrying Debbie! What, are you too good for the lad?
craziness
nobody is too good for d-man! pft! if i werent married....................
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 31 2003, 09:17 PM)
for the LAST time... i am not marrying d-man... and that is THAT... end of discussion....

anyways.. for me being great and s'durn cute... your both wrong...

first off.......You're not your.......secondly yes you are im surprised you don't have more wives.
Pikasyuu
He really needs to even out the husband/wife ratio. It's 0/2
craziness
yeah really cheese, i mean both of em need to be entertained!
LoLo
cheese needs more wives! lol and d-man!
cheese is funny
im not getting married any more... after i got married to free and sarah left me... i vowed i wouldnt get married agian... and im trying my hardest...
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 31 2003, 09:32 PM)
im not getting married any more... after i got married to free and sarah left me... i vowed i wouldnt get married agian... and im trying my hardest...

so thats why we keep having those talks on yahoo? lol.....I'm kidding

**hugs cheese**
cheese is funny
i mean that in RL babe wink.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 31 2003, 09:34 PM)
i mean that in RL babe wink.gif

lol......btw why arent you on yahoo im still slightly buzzed and dont feel like typing. lol
cheese is funny
well.. because my parents are making me go to bed... erm... right now... goddamn f***ing parents.... well.... good night everyone...
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 31 2003, 09:36 PM)
well.. because my parents are making me go to bed... erm... right now... goddamn f***ing parents.... well.... good night everyone...

night cheese.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 31 2003, 09:32 PM)

YOU PROPOSED AFTER SHE DIVORCED YOU. x_X
TigerLily013
Wow, messed up.
Pikasyuu
Lol, funny toooo.
leopold
My two penn'orth...

E-marriage is not cheatin in RL... I mean, I'm married in RL too, an I take that very seriously! But on here it's a bit different. I think I agree wi cheese on the friends thing, but it's kinda hard to describe... I mean, I have a few friends on here, but I wouldn't necessarily e-marry 'em... I e-wed Tara cos we kinda connected... I dunno, ya'd think as the pioneer of e-weddins on this forum I'd have more input!
elf
bump... i need more answers T_T
spuglet
well im not e-married, but if it ever were to happen, i would see it as a joke, jsut a coupla friends joking around. nothing to do with RL and doesnt affect RL
NummyNums
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jun 1 2003, 12:09 AM)
but most people don't seem to mind if some people **cough** cheese **cough** have more than one spouse.

i do mind.... I really do .. sad.gif .. but i have no bcakbone and would never say ne thing if having to laydez makes him happy then let him as long as he is happy
cheese is funny
awww... im sorry nummy... you know i love you... its not like i favor free over you.... or you over free.... but... i dont know...

please... dont be sad nummy... i would never do anything to make you sad on purpose sad.gif
NummyNums
yeah i know.........but i dunno.. just thinking about all the thing syou say to he ryou say to me kinda makes me questions the truthfulness of it all i mean because if you say i love you free.. and then say i love you nummy.. its like welll umm yeah do you really?
cheese is funny
of course i love you... i.... <is hurt>
NummyNums
oooo no i hurt you......................................... i am no longer fit to walk this earth................................. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
cheese is funny
dont say that sad.gif

i love you
NummyNums
but you love free
leopold
*sigh*

I feel another e-divorce comin on...

I wouldn't mind but free is never here any more nummy... at least ya still have cheese here too, my e-missus is hardly ever here any more *cries*
cheese is funny
thats like comparing apples and oranges.... your right nummy.. i do love free... but i love you too... and your very special to me.. and you have a special place in my heart...
Pikasyuu
I'm guessing another lesson in this thread is that polygamy doesn't pay.
LoLo
hmmmmmmm **puts this on her list of other reasons to not get married** for me at least
elf
>_< But do you truly love her? I don't wanna sound psychologist-ish but... dry.gif I don't think anyone can love two people at the same time, and I mean, truly love. *shrugs*
elf
QUOTE (syuu @ Jun 1 2003, 04:00 PM)
I'm guessing another lesson in this thread is that polygamy doesn't pay.

what other lesson was there? sad.gif
Pikasyuu
Um.. .. That.. cheese is good.
cheese is funny
QUOTE (elf @ Jun 2 2003, 01:50 AM)
>_< But do you truly love her? I don't wanna sound psychologist-ish but... dry.gif I don't think anyone can love two people at the same time, and I mean, truly love. *shrugs*

you see... in my eyes... the love i feel for someone, is always COMPLETLY different from the love i feel for someone else... love to me, is something uncomparable to itself, i know that sounds weird... but thats just how i feel... i do love nummy, i really do... and i love free... both in a different way... its weird to explain... i dont know how to put my words correctly... but... thats how i think it goes best....
elf
... do you think it's true love IRL, too?
Pikasyuu
I do believe it is possible. One can love many people, it just depends on the magnitude of the love and the way the person is loved on an individual basis. And, as a second note, one doesn't have to be in love with the person irl to e-marry them, it's just a person you fancy higher than the other forum goers, get along with, and all that stuffs cheez said.
cheese is funny
define true love IRL for me
elf
i mean... blah... >_< well, like, do you consider nummy an online gf or not? yes or no.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.