Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Definition
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Pikasyuu
I think you know what it means, Cheez. You're truly in love with everything that person represents or has revealed to you at this point in time.
cheese is funny
online GF... no.... not really... i mean... i love her.. more then most people ive met in RL... well.. its hard to explain really... i mean... well.... i really dont know what the hell i mean or waht im trying to say... all i know is that i love her... and... umm... yeah.... <confused as hell>
elf
love, as in love love, or just silly forum love?

T_T
Pikasyuu
Watch out, his brain may implode.
elf
*shields*

gah, all i'm asking is, would you date anyone in IRL, or would you consider that cheating?
cheese is funny
ok... i love nummy, i love her for being her, but as an online GF? no, we both have our own lives that we live... and i doubt she ever sees me becoming that big in hers... and i dont ever see myself getting the chance to see her... i do love her though...

<thinks that will work>
elf
ok... now i think i get what you mean... dry.gif so i have another question, do you talk (IM) much? i know i've chatted with tara at least 6 hours... T_T
Pikasyuu
Usually that's why people e-marry. They talk a lot. They end up alone somehow and they just.. talk. a lot. o.o about stuff. Look at Debs and PW.
elf
somehow... lol... dry.gif do you (cheese) and nummy email each other?

gahhhhh................................................... i think i have the most serious of e-marriages here, and that may be a bad thing.
cheese is funny
we talk occasionally... never for all that long...
elf
ok, i guess that proves it. i think.
Pikasyuu
I like your avatar, Cheez. But I think you're way reading into this too much, elf. Everyone just does their own thing.
elf
lol... ok... *backs away from the thread and promises not to touch it until someone other than cheese replies*
cheese is funny
i dont mind answering your questions elf... i just have a problem with putting my thoughts to words sometimes...
MistressAlti
Elf, to make it really simple, I guess it's as involved as you make it. Kinda depends on who you e-marry and why you do it. Some of us are just being silly and melodramatic in this forum setting and the marriages are mostly superficial, but then again, some of us have some damn strong friendships behind the marriages, in which case it takes on a slight level of seriousness. But I don't think anyone on here thinks e-marriage is a bonding that prevents them from having any real life relationships.

Hope this helped...
elf
now i have an excuse to post in here!

yeah, i kinda figured that... ok... i think it's clear now... i think.
LoLo
I'm still not going to be e-married! wooooot!

although i have gotten a shocking number of proposals. its weird
Pikasyuu
Yes you are. Just you wait.
LoLo
QUOTE (syuu @ Jun 1 2003, 09:05 PM)
Yes you are. Just you wait.

no im not just you wait
Pikasyuu
Don't you challenge me!
LoLo
QUOTE (syuu @ Jun 1 2003, 09:07 PM)
Don't you challenge me!

I can and I will.......I am not getting married EVER
leopold
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 2 2003, 05:01 AM)
But I don't think anyone on here thinks e-marriage is a bonding that prevents them from having any real life relationships.

Absolutely! As I said before, I'm married in RL, so I guess it's never stopped me... wink.gif

Funny thing though, I'm not e-married to the person here who I've talked to most... We've spent many hours in IM an sent each other loads of emails, but we never e-wed - largely cos she didn't want to (and to be fair to her, it's cos I'd already e-married Saucy Tara by that point). It doesn't devalue the friendship I have with her in any way, an I never really saw e-marriage as anythin other than a bit of fun... but if some people get summat real out of it, then I guess that's fine smile.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 2 2003, 05:01 AM)
Elf, to make it really simple, I guess it's as involved as you make it. Kinda depends on who you e-marry and why you do it. Some of us are just being silly and melodramatic in this forum setting and the marriages are mostly superficial, but then again, some of us have some damn strong friendships behind the marriages, in which case it takes on a slight level of seriousness. But I don't think anyone on here thinks e-marriage is a bonding that prevents them from having any real life relationships.

Hope this helped...

Nail. Head. Bang.
Pikasyuu
No. Bad InKy. That = bad combo. You're not doing any nail head banging any time soon. Of course, you may not be being morbid. I take my chances. :P
LoLo
I think he was saying she hit the nail on the head syuu. Basically she got it correct.
Pikasyuu
Right, right. I figured. I tend to be a tad retarded occasionally. :P Or.. always.
Industrial Kybosh
No, no... syuu was right... I was having a quick mosh with some 9-inchers glued to my noggin...

Which thread is this again?

secretly - tongue.gif syuu, you silly little lamb... wink.gif
Pikasyuu
I knew it! I'm not crazy! Harharharhar. Boooooooow you! Or don't. To each his own.
elf
o_O Eh???!?!?!?...
elf
bump, just in case anyone else married wants to add anything.
Tarantio
yes i want to add something.
in my opinion (the one i think you've been after, elf) an e-marriage can be anything. it all depends on the people involved. asking that question is too vague. a more specific answer can be gained by asking what a particular e-marriage means to someone. i can see some people taking it very seriously and involving real strong feelings in it, but others maybe just because they are really good friends and its a nice statement to make with someone.
elf
some people? like who?

aish, don't call me elf... it seems like you don't know my name T_T... anyway, my definition is near yours or cheese's... basically... dry.gif and you're gone again... gah.
elf
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Jun 4 2003, 01:36 AM)
yes i want to add something.
in my opinion (the one i think you've been after, elf) an e-marriage can be anything. it all depends on the people involved. asking that question is too vague. a more specific answer can be gained by asking what a particular e-marriage means to someone. i can see some people taking it very seriously and involving real strong feelings in it, but others maybe just because they are really good friends and its a nice statement to make with someone.

this is the UNIVERSAL answer. but what's YOUR definition of it?
TigerLily013
An e-marriage s great and all but the real thing is best smile.gif ok no Jonathan and I arent married, but eventually when both of us are the right age and the right time we will wub.gif A lot of people doubt that there significant other is their soulmate and usually that is the case, but I know in my heart i've found my soulmate for life. We do call each other husband and wife to be sute wink.gif which is perfectly fine. As for friendship, it is a key factor in the more serious ones on here whether they are actual bf/gf or not. Of course I do agree in some of these marriages they are just for fun. Mine...is for life real and online smile.gif

Ya, i thoughts were scattered all over lol
reaper
I agree with my angel. I am kinda new to this e-marriege concept. However i know why I e-married Rebecca. I e-married her because I love her with all my heart and soul. Our relationship started off as a online friendship four years ago and gradually developed into the love we share. On March me and her met in real life and I knew at that point for sure that she was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and since we are kinda young for marriage I thought that an e-marriage was the next best thing wub.gif
TigerLily013
Through richer or poorer
Through sickness and in health
For better or for worse

wub.gif *Kisses Jon*
elf
When was the ceremony? o_O
Pikasyuu
Via Yahoo. It's the new, trendy way to be e-married.
Mr Fuzzy
Yay for (randomly chucks people out) Yahoo! Yay!
WeeJ
I married Spuglet as I liked her and was on the same wave length. I take the e-marriage thing as a big joke to be honest. Its just a fun and its a way of showing someone on the forum you like them...
As to E-divorce, I hope no one would actually be offended if this was to happen as it really shouldn't be taken that seriously. (I've only seen a divorce once and that was waaay back when I was a n00b)
Well, thats my idea anywho. it may be complete clap trap.
elf
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 14 2003, 08:36 AM)
I married Spuglet as I liked her and was on the same wave length. I take the e-marriage thing as a big joke to be honest. Its just a fun and its a way of showing someone on the forum you like them...
As to E-divorce, I hope no one would actually be offended if this was to happen as it really shouldn't be taken that seriously. (I've only seen a divorce once and that was waaay back when I was a n00b)
Well, thats my idea anywho. it may be complete clap trap.

Even if the e-marriage thing is a joke, an e-divorce is pretty sad... It's like, no friendship between the exes.
Pikasyuu
e-divorce is sooo sad. x_x;;; Bah. Poor Tara!
elf
Meh... Sorry for doing that to your bro.. ._.;
drarok
WeeJ: waaaay back when you were a n00b?! You're STILL a n00b tongue.gif
WeeJ
Oh bite me Drarok...just because you have sand in your bits tongue.gif

NOTE: I'm allowed to be horrid to him. He's my boyfriend...he deserves it. He wears socks in bed ohmy.gif
elf
BUMP!

Yes! I found it. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.