Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teehee
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
the lil' pie fairy
just got bored and went to play on the new gamey thingy with the weapons....LMAO!! laugh.gif best thing iv seen about the whole war in ages
Mata
Thanks, it's looking increasingly like there will be an investigation into the 'evidence' presented to go to war in the first place.

I know of at least one organisation that is taking the British government to court to prosecute for illegally going to war... I have of course donated towards their legal costs biggrin.gif
gary
hmmm
I hope you have wasted your money cos I like Tony and think hes the best leader we have had for years.
its the darn back benchers who screw things up. with there sleaze and scams and lets not forget there little trips to have gay sex in public places.
Mata
Perhaps he is but he's got no competition. That's like saying being shot in the leg is better than being shot in the face, it doesn't change the fact that it's awful and things are happening without you wanting them to...
gary
indeed I belive you are right
but when you look at the bigger picture
wepons are not Iraq Is now free.
no longer will people be killed cos they say something bad about there leader
no longer will sportsmen be tourtured by there leaders son when they fail to win.
now they are free and thats all that matters.

what is worse a person who has a stone and uses it to hurt another person
or
a person who who holds a rock and hides it?
oobunnie
someone is acctually going to try and sue the states laugh.gif i find this funny because every world bank that has tried to go after the states hasent gotten a cent back from them, the states says because of the protection and millitary money it costs them to "police the world" ermm i meen keep order (although in comparison to canada and the Uk they dont do near as many peace keeping missions) they shouldnt have to. although i think the liberation of people is important i believe that it was the UN's duty to do so. its seems like this iraq thing can my more or less compared to the war on communism they had a while back. but hey at least i can say every things comming up canada. (we'll see who was insulting us for our stance now laugh.gif )
Debaser
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 4 2003, 10:25 AM)
I know of at least one organisation that is taking the British government to court to prosecute for illegally going to war... I have of course donated towards their legal costs biggrin.gif

oooh, i heard all about that when i went to see mark thomas recently...i donated to it as well...
leopold
QUOTE (gary @ Jun 4 2003, 07:32 PM)
I hope you have wasted your money cos I like Tony and think hes the best leader we have had for years.
its the darn back benchers who screw things up. with there sleaze and scams and lets not forget there little trips to have gay sex in public places.

huh.gif

I have two words. Peter Foster.

Now tell me that yer man Tony is free of sleaze... Just cos his missus was the one who was *cough* misled *cough* shouldn't render him immune...

As Billy Connolly once said, "Having the desire to be a politician should automatically bar you from ever becoming one."
hinsley
QUOTE (gary @ Jun 4 2003, 07:32 PM)
...sex in public places.

just to say, for no reason other than im weird, it is legal to have sex in a public toilet,
ONLY if the door is closed, but it doesnt have to be locked.

i scare myself, blink.gif
Mata
I'm not saying that Saddam Hussein shouldn't have been taken out of power but I agree entirely with oobunnie in that it was not the place of the US and UK to take the law into their own hands, it was up to the UN.

There is evidence that the US had been putting pressure on Hans Blix to produce more damning reports about Iraq and when he didn't bow to their pressure they launched a smear campaign against him.

Personally I don't care in the slightest bit about the sex lives of cabinet ministers, gay or straight, I care about the way they conduct themselves in regards to running the country and representing me and other voters on the global stage and I don't feel that Tony Blair is doing a good job at it.

When you add to this that Tony Blair outright lied when he said that France would block a second resolution by the UN (the French said no such thing) to make his war seem more justifiable... Well, I just don't trust people who lie to me about important issues. If the second resolution had been passed the war with Iraq would probably still have gone ahead but with the backing of the UN and would not have been solely motivated by oil.

If you believe that oil had nothing at all to do with this war then I think you are being far too trusting. Look at Donald Rumsfield, while he was chairman of an oil company he repeatedly requested war with Iraq to ge their oil, he gets given a position where he can do this and then a war happens. Coincidence? Yeah right.

The civil rights abuses have been happening in Iraq for many many years, why did it suddenly become essential to invade... sorry, liberate, them now? There is no evidence of any weapons of mass destruction, there are no proven links with Al-Quaida but still it happened.

We've been lied to by our leaders, there have been deals made behind closed doors by publicly elected officials and corporations and now the US has said that they want to run the country (and its resources) for at least one year. That's not liberation, that's an invasion and occupation, and Tony Blair not only did not prevent this but he has encouraged and actively sought it.

The sad fact is that I'm not sure that there is any other political party that would be ready at the moment to take control of the country but that still doesn't mean I have to like the guy. Democracy means fair representation and open, honest government but that's not what we've got. I'm very happy that the people of Iraq are not being ruled by Hussein anymore, but I'm not happy that they are now being ruled by the US. They are a deeply religious country being ruled from another continent by an occupying force that seems barely capable of maintaining order.

It wasn't the job of the US and the UK to be there doing what they did but now it has happened I can't help but think 'who's next?' It is not the job of these countries to be the judge of the world but Blair and Bush seem to believe otherwise and that worries me greatly.
oobunnie
although i dont so much think of the reason for the iraq war anymore (really its over and done with theres nothing anybody can do to change that) my question is when the US will learn i meen come on, there government control of Afganistan lead to almost an entire country full of hate towards them, there previous invasion of North Korea still has a fued between them, i suppose i could bring up Vietnam but that one's pretty self explanitory (I feel the true crime of that war is the way that the soldiers in the war are now being treated..to be forced to go to war and then abandoned by your goverment and counrty i feel should be a crime) but realistically what country is going to stand up to them after the trouble they caused with france and germany..The other day i saw a show where they went up to americans and asked how the felt about france germany and canada, and except for the few that said i dont care or it was there own right the rest of them replied they should be careful or we could bomb them next. the way i figure it, the country should put more money into there education system (it is my belief that education is the only true liberation, for it will teach to make your own ideals) and less on pumping up the war machine. I would also like to say that i think our primeminster did a great job (acctually listening to the majority of his citizens..who'd of thunk it)

and as far as the oil goes, i just hope that world is going to keep its eye on wether or not the US is misusing it. (although i dont know how much good that would do.. once again who is going to stand up and stop them..)

and now for my opinion on the sex lifes of government leaders: it really shouldn't matter what there personal life is about as long as they do a good job running the country..take for example Bill Clinton.. sure he liked to get his freak on my a employee, but truthfully if you look at what he did for the country he was one of the best presidents they have had. he put more social programs in place then anyother president (welll okay except for rossevelt, but rossevelt had to make social programs to bring the country out of recsesion so ermmm that doesnt count) he mangaged to make great relations between the US and both Russia and China. Truthfully he was a very good president but it seems all people remember him for was that intern
gerbilfromhell
just like to point out a few things about iraq:
1. some of the documents sent to the UN are OBVIOUSLY forgery to neone who read them (one of them said that egypt was sending nuclear weapons/material to make them (i can't remember which) to iraq. why is this a forgery? cause first of all nuclear material is easily detectable the CIA reported that if ne weapons or materials were being shipped/trucked across or thru iraq they'd see them and they never did)
2. the US talks about iraq breaking resolution 1441......ummm..... that was A UN RESOLUTION SO IT'S THE UN'S PROBLEM NOT OURS!
3. we never found weapons of mass destruction(........ but of course they'll be 'mysteriously discovered' just after an airplane carrying 'confidential cargo' flies into iraq)
4. we (the marines who 'were acting solely on their own' *cough cough*) stole millions of dollars (some of priceless historical artifacts) from iraq
5. there is a significant gap in the money we recieved from the oil wells and the money going to the iraqi government
6. we say iraq is free. no, that's not true. the iraqis asked for a democracy of their own to be established immedeatly. instead, we put gen. tommy franks in as a military dictator (now doesn't that sound like a former ruler of iraq we've all heard about?)
7. the US put sadaam hussein in power, but that doesn't mean we have the right to invade his country. (legally) he's not our puppet
8. some (stupid) ppl say the french owe the US cause we saved them in WW2. READ YOUR HISTORY PPL! without france, AMERICA WOULDN'T EXIST! the french navy was the only thing that could and did destroy the english armada and stop reinforcements. they also greatly helped to secure various victories in the revolutionary war such as the battle of yorktown (which ended the revolutionary war so it wasn't exactly an insignificant battle)
9.isn't it weird that just as the UN seems to be not favoring the USA, our government suddenly discovers a tape of bin laden telling the iraqis to attack america? WHAT PERFECT TIMING! rolleyes.gif
10. we killed many thousands of iraqi civilians, the numbers speak for themselves
11. y'know how tv showed 'happily recently freed iraqi citizens'? they weren't an enourmous majority (tho they were the majority, but barely) and i wonder if they thought that the USA was just another sadaam and they'd better worship us or else?
12. the US seems to have a list of countries to invade: Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria/Iran (whichever comes first), and north korea. and just as one invasion ends 'investigations into another evil facist/theocratic regime' begin...................
Mata
it is my belief that education is the only true liberation, for it will teach to make your own ideals

Socrates said pretty much the same thing:

"The only good is knowledge, the only evil is ignorance."
oobunnie
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 15 2003, 12:56 PM)
it is my belief that education is the only true liberation, for it will teach to make your own ideals

Socrates said pretty much the same thing:

"The only good is knowledge, the only evil is ignorance."

hmm and I was trying to go for more of a Stephen Hawkings approach. Well i suppose Socrates is better then lets say Niche

By the way for those who havent read a Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, I think its a fabulous book. Not only for its easy to understand explanation of quantum physics, but because it will make most people question the way they see the world. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.