Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sharing Time
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MistressAlti
I'm babysitting (my mother's idea) my 14-year-old sister and her boyfriend. I'm doing a bad job. I'm down here, typing away in the basement, as she's probably fornicating up in her room. Maybe in 10 minutes I'll go knock on the door or something.

Does anyone else want to share about their day thus far?
LoLo
I'm just taking a sculpting break and my hands hurt. In about an hour I have to stop and start cleaning the house. Thats my day lol.
Phyllis
lmao

so far i cleaned out my fridge (very very disgusting....i think i may have created a new form of life in an old bowl of oatmeal i'd forgotten in there). that's about all i've done so far, other than post on here. yeah, i'm a big achiever. later on though i plan on cleaning the whole house. what joy is mine.
Mr Fuzzy
Um... I was made to get up before 9 (erp!), went to the local university, sat on the computers there for a while keeping somebody company, then finally went home after having 'just nipped out for a minute'.... Last night. No fornication in my house at the moment though. sad.gif
Tarantio
not quite as much excitement here in bonny. i was a non sleeper once again last nite, and have just been answering my (43!) e-mails and waiting for peeps to chat to. nuff sed.
Mr Fuzzy
Well, feel free to try and make the yahoo chat room work for you...
Pikasyuu
Lesse. Went to school, took my biology and history exams ( both of which I did decent on. yaaaay. ), left school, trashed the bus, came home, made a bagel, slept some, and now I'm forum ravaging. Yee!
NummyNums
I woke up wnet school, went to take a test teacher didnt have it she lost it soo now im sitting on the school computers waiting for my ride to take me to go get henna ... so she can do a tatoo on me so i can go finish painting the set for grease... i wont be on the computer at night for a while cuz im grounded and getting set to boot camp if i dont bring up my grades...
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 4 2003, 06:18 PM)
I'm babysitting (my mother's idea) my 14-year-old sister and her boyfriend. I'm doing a bad job. I'm down here, typing away in the basement, as she's probably fornicating up in her room. Maybe in 10 minutes I'll go knock on the door or something.

LOL laugh.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Jun 4 2003, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 4 2003, 06:18 PM)

LOL laugh.gif

You laugh at my pain now... just be appreciative that I'm not describing in detail all I know about my sister's relations with men.
the lil' pie fairy
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 4 2003, 08:22 PM)
You laugh at my pain now... just be appreciative that I'm not describing in detail all I know about my sister's relations with men.

*shudders* don't...i've been there...it's not pretty...goddamn sisters
Pikasyuu
And I hope I never visit.
leopold
Erm... Drive to work, breakfast, coffee, long audio conference, coffee, short meeting, coffee, lunch, technology explanation (given by me!), coffee, long meeting, long telephone call, drive home, dinner, here!

Pretty much it, really...
Mr Fuzzy
I have sisters too. Damn them for what they have made me hear!
leopold
Me brother told me summat once that dun bear repeatin... *hurl*
Jonman
I'm exciting I am. Go to work, do my expenses, be mostly organised and catch up with the kajillion emails that have built up while I've been away, horrible lunch that's liquified my guts, and an afternoon of drudgery. However, I may go juggling tonight with some juggling folk I met a few weeks ago, so that's good.
the lil' pie fairy
juggling is funny...i cant juggle, im too unco-ordinated rolleyes.gif but it's great to see me try!
Jaq
Had to get up at 7 to let the cleaning woman in at 8. This wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't on the night shifty. Lef the house, went for library, read some adbusters tried to read other magazines but I could only ocus on the ads. WEnt back to my house, cleaning woman was still there, went for soup at Tim Hortons, came back, flipped through channels, had a nap where my philosophy prof was yelling at me because I was sleeping, so I woke up, watched more tv and came down stairs to heck email and be on forums... Still tired. Damn philosophy prof.
Mata
Get up, sit at PC waiting for boiler to be fixed so I can have a bath.

Begin to smell a little by around midday.

Continue working.

Answer lots of emails, draw the characters for the new LGG animation (which I'll now be utterly stunned if it's not at least one day late), get to have a bath about 2pm.

Work more, print off t-shirt orders, have first food of the day (I cooked to much pasta last night so it was pasta and pesto with vegetables for lunch. Yum!), pack orders.

Go to post office, buy more parcel thingies to put t-shirts in.

Come home. Work more.

Gf gets home.

Work more.

Buy beer.

Work more.

Eat dinner, do washing up, finish watching a documentary about the conspiracy theories around ex-Princess Diana's death.

Kiss gf.

Come downstairs to work more.

Kill time on forum.

Now I'm off to work more.

Then maybe sleep eventually.

Tomorrow... I shall probably do the same (without the pasta for lunch/breakfast. Probably instant noodles and bread).
MistressAlti
YAY! Mata posted in one of my threads! biggrin.gif Now, back to the topic...

My father called a while ago to yell at me because I hadn't read the books he bought on finding scholarships for college. I told him that it wasn't my fault, that I was busy fighting the good fight for the Academy (those of you out of the loop and care, story can be found here) and was actually reading very important things right now pertaining to college life. And I'm not lying; I'm actually still reading the Tucker Max stories. biggrin.gif

More sharing!
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 4 2003, 09:27 PM)
watching a documentary about the conspiracy theories around ex-Princess Diana's death

I watched that. It was quite interesting. I love a good conspiracy theory...

Today was another wall-bouncing morning (CHINGA!) which had to be spent in silence, followed by a similarly silent afternoon that was considerably sleepier.

Tcha! If only I could prolong my caffeine intake throughout the day so i wasn't mental in the morn and dead in the after.

Still, I finally got to meet the Real Life Little Goth Girl that I'd heard so much about. Indeed, she was little. Indeed, she ticked many of the boxes marked Modern Goth (long dark hair, spiked dog collar, black nail varnish, little black top, spectacular black trousers made of belts and zips, coffin-shaped bag). Indeed, she was a girl.

Best of all, her name was Sarah. And there she was, sat at the front of the AS Chemistry Units 1 & 2 exam.

Well, it made me smile at least...
cheese is funny
lemme see..

wake up

go back to bed

wake up again

realize i slept in and rush to take a shower

drink water for breakfast (im just that late)

brush my teeth

off to school

first period - sat there and did nothing, turned in my notebook, grade was a 660/850... but the teacher realized i cheated on the entire thing, but he said he would give me the points... im so scared as to what he is going to do...

second period - sat there and did nothing... took some notes.... got homework... wished everyone in that class would die, left

break - talked, got a few laughs

reading period - talked to my friends about a world where food is used as currency and currency is used as food, we got very confused and gave ourselves massive headaches...

third period - my teacher tried to make us dance to darrens dance grooves (some BS video where you try to dance like britney spears and such...) i didnt even try to dance... (this is PE btw....)

lunch - talked, stood around.... did nothing... waited as death got closer and closer to me minute by minute...

fourth period - we disected a frog, but i wasnt alowed to as when our class disected a crawfish, i threw the head at someone... so i get to do a paper on it instead... but if she thinks im going to do it, she can curl up and die...

fifth period - my teacher showed us home movies when he went to ireland with the irish national aid, and it was cool because he protested against the RUC (i hate the RUC and wish the british government would die for screwing the irish over like they did)

sixth period - my teacher talked and i didnt listen... then i got to work with my good buddy gio on a speech that i should have had done for today, but we going to do it together tomorrow... and its going to suck, but at least i wont be alone

got home

went to the forums

posted

posted

posted

etc etc

ate dinner - wasnt that great... mom tried a new recipe... was ok... a little to salty...

attempted to do homework.... but came back here instead...

typing this

moving curser towards "add reply"
craziness
wake up.
dad drives me to school today because he has to get to work early and its on the way.
got there 2 minutes late [as i always do when driven]
go to 1 minute of homeroom
go to math for 1st per, ignore stupid whore teacher. do math. be bored.
go to english for 2nd per, be bored but dont ignore teacher because she is not a whore. practice for reading comprehension tests next year.
go to science for 3rd per, do experiments with our heart rates: i get to make preppy girls listen to rage against the machine.
go to lunch for 4th per, i eat, is boring
go to spanish for 5th per. senile teacher acts a bit senile.
go to social studies/history and write a boring essay.
go to chorus, hear people sing solo projects. nobody actually knows their songs, ears bleeding.
go to gym, play oversized version of kickball known as "matball" which was invented to accomindate 150 kids when the gym teachers are out of ideas [every other day]
go to community club type thing. help 8 year olds with homework. get home at about 5.
chill. use AIM. post a little but not so much.
eat dinner.
post a little more and use AIM.
read cheese's post and decide he is a very angry young man and should learn to control his anger.
go to get my hw from the kicthen.
press add reply button
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 5 2003, 02:28 AM)
fifth period - my teacher showed us home movies when he went to ireland with the irish national aid, and it was cool because he protested against the RUC (i hate the RUC and wish the british government would die for screwing the irish over like they did)

Whoa - hold it down there Cheese - the whole thing is a little more complicated than it might first appear.

Both bunches have been pretty crappy people when it comes to that business.

Nothing was particularly helped by all the funding the IRA received from a few charities who thought it was OK to overlook terrorism. I won't get drawn on my opinions of the politics involved, but I don't think carbombing random cities is a particularly valid form of political expression.
elf
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 4 2003, 10:18 AM)

Does anyone else want to share about their day thus far?

14-year-old? ... And... she needs babysitting?

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Oi... do you get paid?
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jun 5 2003, 02:05 AM)
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 5 2003, 02:28 AM)

Whoa - hold it down there Cheese - the whole thing is a little more complicated than it might first appear.

Both bunches have been pretty crappy people when it comes to that business.

Nothing was particularly helped by all the funding the IRA received from a few charities who thought it was OK to overlook terrorism. I won't get drawn on my opinions of the politics involved, but I don't think carbombing random cities is a particularly valid form of political expression.

IRA? terrorists? right...

i dont see how they are considered terrorists... they are just fighting for their own independence... if anything, the RUC are the terrorists, they use thick rubber bullets in ireland against the nationalists, but they are outlawed in britian because they are too lethal... what is up with that logic? and dont try to tell me im lieing or anything, ive seen a few videos of the RUC using them against random people walking outside of their houses while the british army stands to the side aiming their rifles at the people getting shot at...

<hates talking politics cause it pisses him off>
Phyllis
i avoid talking politics at all costs.

hrm....my day was mostly spent posting, though i did get 2 obscene phone calls and cleaned my house a bit. yay fun.

i should be working on my sister's quilt. it's her graduation present. she graduated this past sunday..lol.. whoops.
cheese is funny
QUOTE (candice @ Jun 5 2003, 02:17 AM)
i avoid talking politics at all costs.

i do too... and i already regret saying anything...
Mr Fuzzy
Manchester
London
Brighton

Terror? Looks like it to me.

I'm not trying to have a go at you, but it happens here.
TigerLily013
My day started with me getting up around 630 in the morning to do my usual email to my angel *smiles at reaper* then i went back to bed till 10 to 8 and got ready, my mom put a braided bun in my hair and left for school

Get there bout 830ish and hang around the library as i print off stuff for my classes.

First Period Math - people from the CIBC bank came in to talk to us bout money and everytime we got a question right we got a dollar, so i was one dollar richer. My teacher then said "so thats how i can make them learn" lol

Break - Just hung out with my friends for bit...

Second Period Biology - Continuing on learning about Meiosis and Genetic mutations, then worked on respitory labs. I thought i was presenting my slideshow today on Crohn's disease but i guess not till Friday tongue.gif

Lunch - Don't usually eat lunch, just hung out with friends then went to artroom to hang out with my friend Jenn

Third Period English(on Day 1s its Drama on 3rd) - I did my presentation on my monologue for my independent study and got 75% on it, definitely happy with the results since i was so damn nervous.

Break - Ate Doritos i bought with my dollar i got in math so i am now broke once again lol

Fourth Period Drama - Watched another dress rehearsal , Group 4 this time, they did really well. My groupwent yesterday.

School ends and I hang out with my Friend Jason and excort him out and then I leave.

Gets home and feeds the dogs then eats ice cream then has nap tongue.gif

Wakes up atlike 6:26 pm nd then washes hair. Comes online bout 7.

Posted

Chated with Angel

posted

Saw my Angel sign up wub.gif

Posted

Updated sig.

Is now thinking bout eatting strawberries tongue.gif
cheese is funny
lies

1997 - tony blair talks to the IRA and a cease fire is agreed on, the IRA have done nothing, no attacks, no bombings to the british in anyway as of that point. with the exception of the "Real IRA" who attack but is not supported by anyone in Ireland and is only about 20 people.... and when the IRA were bombing in britian, they bombed at midnight, and only on sundays to make sure that as few civilains were injured

but there is something that i feel is needed to be said...

1999 - the Palton Report - a man, who is neutral to both sides comes in and inspects the RUC, and says there are a whopping TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY things that the RUC needs to change so they arent a racist gun toteing bunch of nazi's... how many are changed? none, the british government feels that giving them a new name the PSNI and changing the colors of their uniforms makes everything all better... please... thats like giving the KKK a new name and changing their cloaks to pink...
MistressAlti
/me sighs

Yet another one of my threads gone shamefully out of control...

Just one of those days, I guess.
cheese is funny
missy a, im horrably sorry... i hate it when i get all political... i get mad easily and go overboard... im sorry...

stupid me...
leopold
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 5 2003, 02:31 AM)
and when the IRA were bombing in britian, they bombed at midnight, and only on sundays to make sure that as few civilains were injured

Erm... I dun wanna get drawn into a political debate here cheese, but this isn't totally accurate... That may have been the case in London, but it's not strictly accurate for everywhere...

The bomb in Manchester went off at some time on a Saturday mornin in one of the busier shopping areas. Mercifully the death toll was lower than it coulda been. The bridge linkin the shopping mall to the Marks & Spencer store was pretty much directly over the truck carryin the bomb, an by a stroke of sheer luck there was hardly anyone on it at the time. A friend of mine had only just crossed it when the bomb went off... Fortunately she only got a few minor cuts...

The one in Warrington also went off during the day, but I can't remember what day it was... I seem to recall a kid gettin injured though...

Right, now I've said too much already. I think we should can the political debate right here...
MistressAlti
Yeah, that sounds good. End of debating, because neither of you will win, because I ALWAYS WIN! MWAHAHAHA! The answer is 4, and that's good enough for me.

More sharing!
dancing_altoid
Woke up, took three ibprofin (sp)

Showered and brushed teeth at same time (multi-tasking!)

Spoke briefly to parents about getting ride to fast food interview (YAY! maybe I'll get summer job!)

Rode bus to school where I spent an hour in the library making a slide show on the wonders of Population and the Environment (what a way to spend a late start day)

Went to second period - took notes on Romeo and Juliet then was held prisoner by the "Manager" to read lines in front of class

Lunch - Friends A and B decided I was going out with friend C, I then vanished to the library again at threats of A and B breaking me and C up

Fourth period - vaguely remeber it, something with math and playing cards though...maybe...

Sixth period - I am there right now, forum going when I should be out taking pictures. Go photography! cool.gif

That is my day as of...now. I am bored so off to look at other threads and other such fun stuff.
MistressAlti
I spent the day unpacking my room. Memories everyone. Aiyah. Kicked up a lot of dust and sang along to a lot of music. Some neighbor called and wants me to babysit her kids tomorrow. But today's Friday for me! So happiness!
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (leopold @ Jun 5 2003, 07:43 AM)
The one in Warrington also went off during the day, but I can't remember what day it was...  I seem to recall a kid gettin injured though...

Day before Mother's Day. Outside a frigging McDonalds. Two kids died, several people seriously injured.

We don't like to talk about it... and not many know about the second attempt on the gasworks that - happily - failed. If that one had worked, a good portion of dense housing area would've been levelled... dry.gif

So anyway! My day...

It was utterly miserable for manifold and divers reasons, but it had one or two moments.

I went into work with a black Hawaiian-ish shirt on today, coz I damn well felt like it. I was kinda Goth Surfer. A poor attempt at being cheery.

Anyway, I later found out from Steve (my immediate superior - I don't know his job title, but he's my Charlie (as in 'Charlie's Angels' - I turn up, he tells me what my task is...)) that certain decisions were made about my position on the invigilation team when I started, due to my 5-year experience.

I am, it seems, Senior Invigilator. I get no extra pay or anything, but it does mean that, in the exam room, I outrank people who taught me up to 13 years ago...

That gave me a bit of a giggle, I have to admit...
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jun 5 2003, 04:06 PM)
I went into work with a black Hawaiian-ish shirt on today, coz I damn well felt like it. I was kinda Goth Surfer.

Goth Surfer, LMAO. laugh.gif
LoLo
Got up. Posted to a reply that my rants are boring.

Ate breakfast.

Got sculpting supplies together. Mom came home sick. Sculpted anyways until my hands hurt too much to do anymore. Watched the X-men. Posted updates on my sculpture thread. Started watching about schmidt with my mom. got bored and am now posting.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 5 2003, 10:09 PM)
Goth Surfer, LMAO. laugh.gif

Beach Bum on the Banks of the Styx, yo...

Actually, I look pretty nifty...
ravein
goth surfers r fabulous smile.gif

my day... woke up a 6:45 A.M, take shower and brush teeth (while in shower, see multi-tasking is great smile.gif)
got dressed for work, saw shirt had HUGE stain on the back... changed again.. GF wakes up.. we have breakfast in bed wink.gif... get dressed again.. get to work 20 min late..

9:15 leave for doctor appointment
9:30 arrive at doctor, get poked and proded by large scary, country woman.
10:00 run away from doctor--yay! back to work.. boooooo!
12:00 go to lunch with GF and her straight boss who doesn't know we are dating... we play footsie all through lunch and I drink to much...
1:30 eat bag of Doritos to hide beer smell...
1:45- now work like crazy person with phone ringing off hook and e-mails blowing up

I LOVE CORP AMERICA laugh.gif
craziness
my day today:
actually get to school on time, hang out with awesome people for 20 minutes,
go to homeroom
math [boring]
english [essay writing shit]
science [boring]
lunch [boring]
spanish [boring]
history [mildly interesting...more just not boring]
home ec [we get muffins at least]
gym [they made us play another one of those horrible games that accomidate all of the kids]
go home on bus
get home
go to doctor for braces
come home and be attacked by brothers
go online.
[sarcasm] how interesting my life is. [/sarcasm]
Pikasyuu
I LOVE brushing my teeth in the shower. That's fun as hell. But back on subject.

I woke up at 11 something, checked my email, took a shower, got dressed, burned a CD, watched a movie, and went to the forums. Exciting so far, innit?
cheese is funny
wake up

shower

ice cream for breakfast!! woo!!!

late to first period as usual... nothing happens.. we are forced to watch a boring movie...

second period... nothing happens...

reading... hit my head against the wall of the gym, another headache... talk skacore with a buddy of mine...

third period... yoga, calming... relaxing... <yawn>

lunch... nothing happened... fell asleep standing up...

fourth period... did work... slept...

fifth period... review game for extra credit, we did crappy at first, but we came back and got 1st place and 10 points extra credit on the test tomorrow that im already gonna get an A...

sixth period... teacher talked, i listened, left school

got home, ate icecream

came on the forums, answered PMs from d-man, fuzzy, and mata, felt alot better by what they said

came here, and would like to apologize for getting all political again... im sorry to everyone....

moving mouse to add reply button....
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 5 2003, 11:10 PM)
fell asleep standing up...

Ever thought of a career in invigilation, my boy?

wink.gif
cheese is funny
invigilation.... wazzat? <confused>

sorry.. long day... my mind isnt exactly working right now....
Industrial Kybosh
Invigilators watch over exam rooms to make sure no-one cheats...

It's my current job wink.gif
Mr Fuzzy
I got up, played on the infernalnet, then went to the pub and got far too drunk for a friends birthday.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 4 2003, 06:31 PM)
lies

1997 - tony blair talks to the IRA and a cease fire is agreed on, the IRA have done nothing, no attacks, no bombings to the british in anyway as of that point. with the exception of the "Real IRA" who attack but is not supported by anyone in Ireland and is only about 20 people.... and when the IRA were bombing in britian, they bombed at midnight, and only on sundays to make sure that as few civilains were injured

but there is something that i feel is needed to be said...

1999 - the Palton Report - a man, who is neutral to both sides comes in and inspects the RUC, and says there are a whopping TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY things that the RUC needs to change so they arent a racist gun toteing bunch of nazi's... how many are changed? none, the british government feels that giving them a new name the PSNI and changing the colors of their uniforms makes everything all better... please... thats like giving the KKK a new name and changing their cloaks to pink...

I, for one think the KKK would look smashing in pink. Mmmhm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.