Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sharing Time
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 5 2003, 03:24 PM)
invigilation.... wazzat? <confused>

sorry.. long day... my mind isnt exactly working right now....

don't worry i had never heard of it either til inky told me what it is. I don't think we have them in the states...or if we do they're not that well known of.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (syuu @ Jun 6 2003, 01:22 AM)
I, for one think the KKK would look smashing in pink. Mmmhm.

syuu, why must you keep saying things that make me snigger and feel guilty about it?

*L* wink.gif
ravein
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jun 6 2003, 04:24 AM)

syuu, why must you keep saying things that make me snigger and feel guilty about it?

*L* wink.gif

syuu, I agree totaly I really think that they have a image change.....pink.....with shiny party shoes..... with a bow. smile.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jun 5 2003, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 5 2003, 03:24 PM)
invigilation.... wazzat? <confused>

sorry.. long day... my mind isnt exactly working right now....

don't worry i had never heard of it either til inky told me what it is. I don't think we have them in the states...or if we do they're not that well known of.

We just don't call it invigilation, I guess. They just get a fancy word because they're special and British and stuff.
LoLo
Got up
Posted a lil
E-mailed Crissi (I'm horrible about e-mailing people)
ate breakfast
watched the pretender (old tv show that re-runs on tnt at 8 am)
Looked at that the forums again briefly
cleaned ears with q-tips and alcohol
posted in a greeting thread that I cleaned my ears with q-tips and alcohol
watched some crap on homestarrunner.com
shaped the head sort of for the sculpture
got an empty box from the fed ex lady for my mom to ship her cpu back to hp to get fixed again
mowed the lawn
scratched arms for a long time afterwards (is allergic to grass)
started watering the lawn so it can grow back and I can mow it again next week
thought of a rant, will write it soon
talked to sister
watched the sprinkler
came inside
checked messages
started posting a little
is off to write the rant take a shower and maybe work on the sculpture maybe
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 6 2003, 05:15 AM)
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jun 6 2003, 04:24 AM)

*L* wink.gif

syuu, I agree totaly I really think that they have a image change.....pink.....with shiny party shoes..... with a bow. smile.gif

InKy - My pleasure. =)
Ravein - I know! See, great minds think alike. I say we send 'em a quick email and some sample fabric.
Pikasyuu
Okay. In the short time that I've been awake I --

woke up.
sat for a while not really WANTING to get up. o.O
managed to screw my hip up completely
learned to hobble well
burned a quick CD for shower listening. Har har.
Showered and listened to the CD. Good 'un.
Got dressed.
Put a load of laundry in.
Turned on the compie again.
Went to the forums.
And here I am. Whee!
Now I'm going to go watch Golden Girls and Unsolved Mysteries. Boo for me.
LindyLouWho
1 or 2 am.. went to bed, 5:30 or so woke up did muchly on here, 8 went back to bed slept till 2pm! then got back on here and and sha
Mis_An_Thropy
Too hot for me too leave the house today, so i'll be going stir crazy before two in the afternoon, YAY! for going crazy? i don't know the heat effects me in way's yet unknown the the world at large.
the sun, KILL, the sun
Phyllis
i got up, fed the cat, made breakfast, tidied up, took a shower, and got on here.

woo so exciting..lol.

in a little bit im going over to my parents' house cause it's my dad's bday. i'll give him his present, have dinner and cake/ice cream, then come home and i dunno what i'll do then.

(oh ps...my cousin used to be a jerry springer addict, and once i was over at her house and it was on, and there was like, a kkk wedding or something....the women were in pink satin and the guys in purple satin...i think. i guess those are their special occasion outfits..*shrug*)
ravein
[quote=syuu,Jun 6 2003, 03:41 PM] [/QUOTE]
InKy - My pleasure. =)
Ravein - I know! See, great minds think alike. I say we send 'em a quick email and some sample fabric.

[/quote]
lmfao!! I can just imagine sending fabric swatches to the KKK...
'and this is poodle pink.. oh! oh! and this is pepto pink.. and my favorite and yours! Mary had a little lamb pink...
and we have these two lovely pink hues, blush and bashful' laugh.gif
leopold
Got up earlier than normal... gotta longish drive...

Absolutely bucketin down wi rain, get wet leavin the house. Notice drainpipe is leakin AGAIN!!! That mofo roofer had better fix it properly this time or he's gonna find out jus how bad the gutterin is when he's hangin from it after I pull the ladder from under him mad.gif

Got in the car. GAH!!! No petrol!!! Went to refuel. Drove to Birmingham. Then the sun comes out. Marvellous!

Meetin. Lunch. Watched some Weebl & Bob (cos fer some odd reason our firewall dun block it!!)

Drove home in glorious sunshine an massive traffic jams. I hate the M6 but I love aircon in the car. I also am growin to love Adeimus. It was on in the car...

Had me dinner. Came on here fer a bit...
Debaser
was gonna moan a lot yesterday, but i'm a bit calmer today...

went to school. RS exam. i don't finish it in time. crap.

go home. sleep for about 5 hours, and wake up late.

spend about an hour in pc world yelling at them because my laptop charger is broke and i'm not covered. whoop-de-frickin'-do. get nowhere.

go home and call the number they gave me after i yelled at them to get a new charger. 3-5 days. which means i probably won't be on here for ages.

find out that someone i haven't heard from for about 7 years has just died from a brain tumor.

mope around the house, desperately trying not to hit the drink...

sorry, normal service will be resumed in a few days...
leopold
Wow, that's pretty sucky, d-man... I know how that feels... I had a friend who died in a car crash an I hadn't seen her for about the same length o time. An that was on crimbo eve, which was severely un-nice...

/me gives debaser a hug
Debaser
/me hugs leo...thanks...

it's just...argh. it's hard to put into words. his life was so screwed up anyway, he didn't deserve this...

anyway, i'm gonna be off for a bit...gotta get some juice into my laptop before it dies...
Pikasyuu
Take it easy, Debs.. that's frickin horrible to hear. ._.;
Best not to hit the drink.
leopold
QUOTE (Debaser @ Jun 6 2003, 09:22 PM)
it's just...argh. it's hard to put into words. his life was so screwed up anyway, he didn't deserve this...

I dun think anyone deserves that, bud... sad.gif

Take care of yerself, an do as syuu says an leave off the alcyfrol, it won't make it any better...
cheese is funny
wake up... tired... sleepy...

shower... no hot water...

no breakfast..

first period - a buddy came to school for the first time in 2 months... made me very happy to see him again...

second period - another load of crap period...

break - talked...

reading - talked...

third period - talked....

lunch - talked... me and a friend got into a little fight and had some fun kicking the crap out of eachother laugh.gif

fourth period - forced to watch a movie on whales and how they gang rape instead of having sex....

fifth period - last big test of the year, kicked the crap out of it laugh.gif

sixth period - had to give a speech with my buddy gio... we talked about ska... we forgot everything we researched.. did ok... not sure on grade...

went home...

nothing to eat...

dad came to take me to his house...

bored

bored

bored

bored

bored

got home

eat pizza

moving mouse to add reply
craziness
woke up at 7:07 AM naturally, all by myself [wtf?!?!?! this has never happened before........]

at 715 my dad came into my room to wake me up, was shocked to find me already awake [he drives me to school mon wed fri because he goes to work early so i get to sleep later biggrin.gif]

i have like 30 minutes, so i actually bother to fix my hair a bit and *gasp* put on makeup [!] ...i am never awake enough to wear makeup before school! i dont need it or anything, i wear it for fun but i like makeup so yah. i also got to wear the coolest earrings ever [prude/left ear=2 silver colored but fake little rings, slutty/right ear=1 heart stud and 1 fish....] i had fun doing this hehehe....

dad drives me to school. i get there about a minute too late and bitchy teacher doesnt even care for once [!glee!]

i go to homeroom with the same teacher i have 1st period, which makes me lucky but still sucks because she is an evil ho, anyways, 1st period we have a big math test AHHHHHHHHH!

2nd period we read a play in english, not so bad.

3rd period blah blah blah science oh god i am just about to stab my science teacher, she is soooooooo boring, and sooooooo sickly sweet, and we all know she is really plotting our deaths...... she is obsessed with spongebob square pants. ok thats just wrong. in case you didnt know, i HATE him...................

4th period lunch i run around harassing people a lot

5th period spanish blah senile teacher blah

6th period learn about civil war stuff

7th period sing my chorus solo in front of maybe 30-40 people [some of you heard it in the yahoo voice chat last week i think] i did awesome and was soooooooo happy and plus the other people who went today had no idea what the hell they were doing, and they hadnt even learned their songs.... i got huge applause and like 10 people came up to me after telling me i was good...this made me v. happy cool.gif

8th period gym play softball

go home on bus with my insane friend who goes on my bus every friday because he has french tutoring, hypnotised him with the fish earring and gave it to him because it is his god....LMAO

went on the internet...watch TV etc....told a cute guy what i thought of him, rejected.

cleaned a really nasty table and ate dinner

went online again

attempted to rip jeans into shorts....failed....now i have some kind of really short skirt....

posting
MistressAlti
No Evil Calc Class Today! >cheers<

I laid around like the lazy ass I am until 1pm, when me and a few friends headed out to the arcade to play us some DDR. We played DDR. Then I came home, showered, and babysat the neighbor's young boys. Crazy stuff right there.

And now I'm getting my forum fix for the night before I hit bed early... I have to be up at 6, there's SAT testing in the morning... >_<

Wish me luck. Or something.
cheese is funny
good luck missy!!! kick the SAT's ass!!
Mis_An_Thropy
So bored, considered finding something interesting on tv, before realizing late night tv sucks.
yay, 50
Pikasyuu
Okay, since I'm sooo bored and have nothing to do, I'll update folks on my day.

Watched unsolved mysteries, fixed lunch and all that. Hobbled about the house for a while until the movie came on. Watched some of that. Went upstairs. Continued reading my book some. Broke my glasses, not that I use them anyway.. went to the forums. Posted some. Got a call from my stepdad. I told him we're celebrating my birthday the 14th instead of the 15th so I can stay up late and do stuff instead of heading to SS the VERY next day. Told my sister the same, got her to move stuff so she could come. Started working on a mat for my stepdad. Chatted some with the friend I just started talking to again, played street fighter, finished the mat, took a shower, and here I am. Whee.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 6 2003, 07:37 PM)
No Evil Calc Class Today! >cheers<

I laid around like the lazy ass I am until 1pm, when me and a few friends headed out to the arcade to play us some DDR. We played DDR. Then I came home, showered, and babysat the neighbor's young boys. Crazy stuff right there.

And now I'm getting my forum fix for the night before I hit bed early... I have to be up at 6, there's SAT testing in the morning... >_<

Wish me luck. Or something.

Luck Missy! You'll do great. =P
MistressAlti
Thanks guys...

/me collects calculator and number 2 pencils...
MistressAlti
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee testing.

/me commences with the bitching

I didn't sleep well last night, the math sections were evil, and I ran into way too many people I used to know. Not my idea of a great way to spend a Saturday.

So, no Ivy League for me. Not that we didn't know that anyway... my low-middle-class butt sitting with the politicians' kids, talking foreign policy over expensive food and wine? Yeah f-ing right. laugh.gif Besides, we all know Harvard is the H-word of upper-class female intelligence: you say you go there, no man will look at you again. dry.gif

So yay for state schools. Screw the SAT people.
elf
<-- is forced by parents to take practice SATs even though she's only 13.

BLEARGH! ...
MistressAlti
QUOTE (elf @ Jun 7 2003, 01:27 PM)
<-- is forced by parents to take practice SATs even though she's only 13.

BLEARGH! ...

I feel you, elf, I took my first ACT at 13...
MistressAlti
Today will be fun. It is the one of most important church holidays of the year in my psycho-Lutheranism. My sister and her classmates are being confirmed. They'll be wearing white and pretending to be holy and in complete understanding of their faith.

I am decked out in the metal and black "look". I am making a huge statement. People will stare and judge, because they're highly hypocritical like that sometimes. My mother supports me, and she's cool. I'm happy.

Woo more sharing.
leopold
Blarg... so tired...

Was workin till 2am on me ISH website, tryin to get the active page malarkey workin... I almost nailed it but decided to kick it in cos I was a wee bit tired.

Then the neighbours decided to kick off. Again. Usual crap, they get home drunk, she picks a fight, he throws her out. Only this time, she threatens to trash his car, she hammers loudly on his doors (front & back), she suggests she's gonna kill him, then she breaks a window. Nice... She's such a classy lay-dee... (sarcasm mode off)

So by the time the fuzz have arrived an had her carted off to hospital (she cut her arm up on the glass) I'd woken up again an didn't actually get to bed till 5am... an I couldn't sleep any past 8 this mornin, so I'm feelin really great... (I said sarcasm OFF!!!!)

On the upside, I nailed the ASP stuff biggrin.gif
Sun Tsu
Woke up

Read some of a book

Tried to watch a film....got bored

goes on comp

& Furher bulletins as events continue

And the award for most boring post goes to........MEEE!!!!!
the lil' pie fairy
woke up at six...GAH...polished my shoes...went to a band competition...didn't win cause of stupid people's uniform...MEH...came back, ate a new york baked Entennmann's cheesecake with a couple of mates...went home, came on here and tried to see what's been going on...but am too tired to understand!!
WeeJ
Aaahh. Such a great thread.

Well, so far my day has been pretty quiet. Got up at 8am as I do every work day.
Got to work for 9am. My bosses aren't in this week and I have naff all to do so I've faffed on the boards for most of the morning. Folded a bunch of drawings (I work in an architects ofice btw)
Went out for lunch at 1pm and bought a bag of chips...

Here I am now smile.gif
LoLo
This day has just begun for me so lets go with yesterday.

Got up before the sun took a shower and got ready for school.
Left early cause I needed to put gas in my car.
Halfway to the gas station I realize I don't have my watch, rings, or sunglasses.
Turn around go back and get them.
Head to the gas station. Got gas and cigs and went on my way to school.
Got to school later than usual so I didn't have the privacy needed in the bathroom damn it!
Went to bio. Learned some stuff about genetics. Looked at slides and drew crappy pictures for lab. I did get to play with some popping beeds though and that was cool.
Got my bio test and bio grade back. D+ yay go smart LoLo! Don't worry it will be up to a high C or B by the end of the semester, I always do this. Well at least I hope.
Went to history and actually spoke in class. In fact I monopolized the discussion on Antigone. However considering that only 4 of us had actually read it and one of those hadn't read it in a couple of years, and the other two just didn't quite get it, I'm not surprised I was the only one answering questions. a big ..I.. to my history teacher for thinking I was mute all this semester.
Came home, watched some tv and some movies with my mom chatted a bit and did some homework.
Talked to my friend who subsiquently dissappeared for the night without saying goodnight or anything soon after recieving a file from me.
Went to bed.
Got up this morn, drank my coffee, updated family album av's took a shower, and am now sitting here naked thinking of posting in Mings naked thread.
Pab
meh, got up to the news that i didnt have to take the wee one to school, yay wife!, and back to sleep til 9.30 ... got up, walked to the hotel to get a coffee, saw some buddies, had another coffee, got back home and working by 10.30. When I say working, I mean looking at the forum, and started actually producing by 11. Phone went ape as usual and had to schedule and re-schedule 3 visits for the day, one of which meant no lunch, but hey ... am here now between meetings 2 and 3, and have a 4th at 8pm this evening, with a client who likes to have fun so that'll be a couple of hours. Then home and instant coma on sofa with wife, followed perhaps by a quick sess on the boards and irc, while i convince myself that I MUST GET UP TOMORROW AND FINISH SOME GODDAM WORK.

This is pretty much everyday, with more or less internet relaxation depending on the weather, and more eor less time with the family depending on the weather too.

As to the question 'when do I get actual work done' well, I haven't found a good answer yet, and I'm gonna have to. Poop. At least there are clients out there ...
saucy_tara
I took Ethan to school, was back home at ten to nine, then fell into bed. Woke up at 2 o clock feeling terrible and have to go and see the doctor tommorow. Again. Damn viral infections..... sad.gif
So I feel like crap today sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
CommieBastard
Poor Tara. *drops sympathy bomb on Tara's house*

Normal day today. Woke up, showered, groomed, went to school, came home, went on fora.
Polocrunch
Lip split innumerable times. Lost much blood. Worked at day-care centre for little kids. Smell of milk.

Weight: 10 stone, 2 pounds. V. bad.
Cigarettes smoked: 2. Good.
Alcohol consumed: None. Excellent! Will treat self to whiskey as reward.
CommieBastard
huh.gif Since when did you smoke?
Polocrunch
Evidently you have never seen or read Bridget Jones's Diary. Hang your over-cultured head in shame!
CommieBastard
No, I'm more of a sci-fi/fantasy boy.

Today I finished Mindstar Rising, by the way. For about the fifth time. Damn good book it is, too.
miss_spunk
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jun 4 2003, 07:44 PM)
I have sisters too. Damn them for what they have made me hear!

No no no I'm the youngest and my eldest brother (as well as my sister) is married, and my sister-in-law is like my sister. Well anyway - I've walked in on them doing something rather...terrible and some how the duvet got onto the floor!!! And after they moved away - I was looking in their room for something, and found some sex manuals etc etc. And whenever she wants to talk to me about their...ahem...relationship, its HORRIBLE. Its so much worse when its with family...

Aysha xxx
VVes
Woke up after 3 hours sleep, picked up doggie doo, bastages, cleaned up mess from last night's procrastination. made it into the "john" feel asleep, bum went numb...woke up again...showerd, that first cold blast got me going.

Made mental note to get more soap, I like this soap. got to closet only to discover that my roomates dog peed in it , I had forgotten to close the door, everything pretty much with the stench of urine, argh.

I scramble to the clothes dryer and find a decent pair of "house" jeans and a t-shirt...climb into car and fumbles for a CD, I hate morning radio, I shall kill them later...drives off into the the concrete wilderness...stupid blond woman in full size SUV almost sideswipes me...arghh!!! We exchange niceties... wench...

Arrive to work...hi hi , hello , thanks...yadayada... oh you look nice today Janet...get to my desk...delete 435 e-mails promising to extend my manhood, barely legal teens, and whatnot...usual...I get a call from my Dad...his voice slow and deliberate "Wesley, I have news about Mike..." ... they found his ex-mate dead last night... aparently got into some bad drugs... the coroner is doing an autopsy... we talk for while and I offer to meet him...he's on a mission to find the parents and relatives... he has to leave tonight on business , he's a little freaked, but says he's okay... his mate was a little abusive, but I can tell he still loved him... makes me realize how fragile he is... I love my dad...
MistressAlti
Wow, there's a thread that I never thought would get resurrected by anyone but me. Cheers to that.

I woke up sick again (there's three different viruses circulating this dorm right now, this is the second one I've had) with a cloud of bad mental feeling about me.

Another physics quiz today and I still don't understand what half the equations I wrote down even mean. Uh-oh.

Started another blog for the Academy folk to read - apparently they have some Xanga webring, and I'm weak, so I followed suit. Lovely. Perhaps they'll read this new blog instead of my semi-private one on the fansite.

Uh... that's it. For now.
Jaq
Bah. I woke up at the right time to a radio alarm that I put waaay too loud. I think I shreiked. I can't quite remember. If I didn't I'm sure that I thought about screaming. Anywho. Got ready and then figured I needed to phone my mom about some things. ended up talking to her for way too long, missed my bus and had to take the car to school. Parked on the farthest end of campus where you don't have to pay for parking, (actually technically off campus) made the 25 minute walk to class in 15 minutes only to find out that the class had been cancelled...dry.gif
So here I am in the forums killing time.

at least I have another class in an hour...
Phyllis
Hehe...I knew what Polo was talking about.. tongue.gif

And let's see...today:
Got up, showered, got dressed

Chased the cat around for a full 15 minutes trying to herd her into her room (she's an indoor kitty, so she goes in there whenever we go out, and is not fond of doing so...even though she spends most of her time in there voluntarily when the door is open rolleyes.gif ).

Went to pick up some stuff. I'm so descriptive, aren't I?

Hubby decided he wanted a new watch, so we went to the jewelry store and bought one.

Came home, let the cat out (surprise, she's sitting in her room right now..silly thing), and got on here to post on the forums (sounds better than fora, even if it is incorrect...fora sort of reminds me of man-parts.... blink.gif ). After this, I'll probably finally get around to cleaning out my fridge. Maybe. I'm undecided. I hate doing that. mad.gif
MoonlightSavingsTime
Well, after working 11 hours yesterday (was asked to work overtime because no one else in that stupid store is reliable enough to work their own damn hours), I slept a hard 11 hours last night. The best sleep I've had in awhile, at least.

Woke up at 11 a.m. Put on my stupid uniform so I could go work at my stupid job and deal with stupid customers and stupid product all stupid day. I really wasn't in the mood for it today (not that I ever am, but I hardly made an effort to put on my usual fake smile today).

Got home at 5:30 p.m., took my shower, ate some Rice A Roni, watched the California Recall Debate and ended up here on the computer.

My body is very, very tired today. I hate having a job where I have to stand up and run around in a great big hurry all day.
WeeJ
I've folded about a zillion drawings today. Oh...and I've sneezed a lot.
Thats about it. I'm going to go home, have some dinner and a hot bath. I may give Dayan a call, faff on IRC for a bit and then go to bed. Oh, and I've got to pack my bag for the weekend. I'm babysitting at my brothers tomorrow night and then I'm off to a gig with Mat on satuday night smile.gif
Pab
For those clammering hordes out there, all screaming 'Pab! What makes you tick? ... you smart and sexy shway he-devil, you ..." I shall put forward my single most defining feature one more time:

I cannot get my ass into gear (and I'm not talking hotpants!)

... and so today, I moved my computer, MY COMPUTER (my heart my soul my baby my mind my past present and future) to an office that some buddies allow me to sqat in, about 30mins away from home. This is an attempt at making myself get up in the morning and GO SOMEWHERE to work, since I've been working all on my lonesome for yonks now, and doing it from home is just not productive. mad.gif

So now my alter ego is 20kms away from home. Ouch.
I am going to have to uninstall Microsoft Umbilical Cord V.30+ ... Ouch ouch ouch
sad.gif

BUT (and this is the evil part!) I can still get to the forums and my e-tribe from work! biggrin.gif

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

oh god .... blink.gif

gotta go work some .... dry.gif

I have also got a replacement full-scale replica of a pc to take back home, that'll just about allow me to surf the net, so I can still do night-time life wasting, without which I would just evaporate into the ether ...

If anybody feels for me on this one, you're welcome to pm me very often, including the words "GET SOME F***ING WORK DONE!" somewhere in the message body or subject. Thank you for your cooperation. wink.gif
WeeJ
Pab...I'll send you my usual PM in just a sec laugh.gif

Well, today is another work day. I've done pretty much nothing other than faff on the boards and tidy up the office.

Wow. Exciting choice of carreer (sp?) I have here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.