Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piercings
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 17 2005, 04:41 PM)
I've caught my nipples on one or two thing, it's kinda painful but less so now I have bars instead of rings, they always seem to act up with rings in

Mmmm, there's something really sexy about men with nipple rings. I don't know why though biggrin.gif

I had a ring in the top of my ear (see earlier post) and I actually had it changed to a bar so that it healed properly. I wub.gif my piercing now smile.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 22 2005, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 17 2005, 04:41 PM)
I've caught my nipples on one or two thing, it's kinda painful but less so now I have bars instead of rings, they always seem to act up with rings in

Mmmm, there's something really sexy about men with nipple rings. I don't know why though biggrin.gif

*scrambles to go get some rings that don't cause nipple death*
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 17 2005, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 17 2005, 04:32 PM)
It really made me notice how close I am frequently to walking into things. I tend to slide past objects quite often (apparently) and with the nipple ring in I would often bash it on doorframes!

I agree studs in nipples are far less hazardous than rings. I used to nearly always pull on my nipple rings with a comb, as I combed my hair. Before you ask why I didn't just wear a top, I comb my hair in the shower because it's easier than trying to detangle away from vast quantities of water.

Mata, your nipple piercing were one of the first things I noted about you, and I agree with you Pixie, they are sexy wink.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Yup - man + nipple ring = teh sex. biggrin.gif

Although, I have never caught my nipple rings on anything and I definataly prefer rings to a bar.

I do still intend to have the old nuff nuff poked (behave). Actually, Frogg, if you could let me know where you had yours done as I'll be spending a fair bit of time in your area me thinks.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Apr 22 2005, 03:00 PM)
I'll be spending a fair bit of time in your area me thinks.

*giggle* Nuff nuff... [/spam]

It seems to be healing all well and such. At college theres no one who can really force me to take it out as she rolled her car over twice and broke her collar bone. Poor her, good for me.
{Gothic Angel}
I have my ears done once dry.gif Which is... Ok... but planning on getting ears done thrice at the bottom and twice at the top on the right, plus lip and maybe tongue done too. This will require me to have the money, the time, and an absence of parental figures at the time though.

Also have several ideas planned for tatoos, but they wont be happening for a good long while if mum has anything to say about it... so...
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Apr 22 2005, 08:24 PM)
I have my ears done once  dry.gif  Which is... Ok... but planning on getting ears done thrice at the bottom and twice at the top on the right, plus lip and maybe tongue done too. This will require me to have the money, the time, and an absence of parental figures at the time though.

As a random thought....has anyone ever mentioned that it's something of a tradition for someone to get something pierced at matameets? tongue.gif

I've been tempted by tattoos, but it's a combination of not having a desireable design/the money/time/the inclination/peer-pressure...maybe one day soonish
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2005, 08:37 PM)
As a random thought....has anyone ever mentioned that it's something of a tradition for someone to get something pierced at matameets? tongue.gif

Over my mother's dead body... tongue.gif
zivane
-.- I wanted to get a piercing while in England and had no good reason. Maybe this weekend. This is a long shot. Anyone know of anyone good in Liverpool, Manchester, or London? Who -likes- to do surface piercings? I want my sternum re-done like bad.

Edit: Yeah. Guys with nipple rings are super hot. Ditto with lip rings...
CommieBastard
QUOTE (zivane @ Apr 23 2005, 12:05 PM)
-.- I wanted to get a piercing while in England and had no good reason. Maybe this weekend. This is a long shot. Anyone know of anyone good in Liverpool, Manchester, or London? Who -likes- to do surface piercings? I want my sternum re-done like bad.

Eclipse in London is quite good, MrTeapot and I got our lips done there. I'll show you it if you like, it's in a part of London I visit often smile.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2005, 09:37 PM)
I've been tempted by tattoos, but it's a combination of not having a desireable design/the money/time/the inclination/peer-pressure...maybe one day soonish

I'm planning on getting a tattoo this summer. Still working on the design with an artist friend...
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 23 2005, 12:32 PM)
Eclipse in London is quite good, MrTeapot and I got our lips done there. I'll show you it if you like, it's in a part of London I visit often smile.gif

*noddle* I'm going up there next saturday to get a smaller stud, you can come with if you meant that weekend.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Apr 22 2005, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2005, 08:37 PM)

Over my mother's dead body... tongue.gif

Bwa-hahahahahaha!!! *cough*

...what? unsure.gif
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (zivane @ Apr 23 2005, 11:05 AM)
Ditto with lip rings...

Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy!

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 23 2005, 04:54 PM)

You offering? I'll pay you tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Apr 23 2005, 07:40 PM)

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 23 2005, 04:54 PM)

You offering? I'll pay you tongue.gif

...don't you have a boyfriend? tongue.gif laugh.gif
zivane
I am going to London this weekend! We'll be in Saturday and Sunday, up to Watford for Monday. Piercing weekend it is?
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 23 2005, 09:26 PM)
...don't you have a boyfriend?  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

Yeah, but he won't assassinate my mum. I asked. tongue.gif

No way are you dragging this conversation down that road. Nuh-uh tongue.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (zivane @ Apr 24 2005, 04:36 PM)
I am going to London this weekend! We'll be in Saturday and Sunday, up to Watford for Monday. Piercing weekend it is?

Sounds good. PM me or Teapot to arrange a place and time to meet?
Calantyr
Had three in my right ear, but they all got ripped out at gigs. So I got some redone. And they got ripped out again.
Hmmm... I sense a pattern...

I'm going to get two put back in, and I'm thinking about one or both of my nips.
And my tongue.
After that? Who knows?
Snugglebum the Destroyer
After that? Who knows?

*raises hand*

I do! evil.gif
Calantyr
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Apr 27 2005, 10:22 AM)
After that? Who knows?

*raises hand*

I do! evil.gif

Argh! My flesh!

I'm sure you have your ideas tongue.gif
Chronotub
I did have my ear done a few years ago but it got infected and closed over I have recently thought about getting it redone and possibly my nose with it.
Also this might seem like a stupid question but what do you mean by a piersing beeing rejected? Is it when it closes other?
Aria
I've currently got my lip done, and 3 holes in each ear. I'm going to get two more in each ear and possibly tongue/nose. I haven't decided about the last possibility....
depressed lonely crazy person
Also this might seem like a stupid question but what do you mean by a piersing beeing rejected?

yep stupid question.... [Oi, there's no need to be rude - Mata]
no thats when it rejects or grows out quickly so the metal gets closer to the surface till there's very little skin holding it in place. It looks nasty and leaves unpleasent scars though it can be used to prevent rejection in the future.
zivane
Rejection is a natural body process. For instance, you get a splinter and if you don't yank it out or dig it out, your body will just shove it out over a few days time. Since metal really isn't a part of the human body (naturally), if a piercing (generally surface piercings) isn't done properly with the right jewelry and proper technique, then the jewelry will reject. Leaves gross scars.

Although mine left a cute dot type one though. ^.^
mooooooooooopo
Yeah, though the body isn't the only factor in rejection.

Some types of piercing, especially surface piercings, pretty much push themselves out of the body due to their shape which is why they reject quite often.
Mata
If you have the correct jewellery for the piercing then you can reduce the risk of rejection significantly, but sometimes the body will just decide, after years, that it doesn't want that lump of metal in it anymore. The piercing might become sore regularly and if left to its own devices will eventually be pushed out through the skin.

The main problem with this is that as the two ends of the piercing get closer together as the piercing is pushed out of the body it often leaves scar tracks, which really don't look good, especially because you often have a piercing in a place partly for a decorative reason to begin with.

Any piercing can be rejected (which is also called 'migrating'), even deep-seeming ones like the tongue have the capacity to grow out through the side or front of the tongue! That's not common at all, but it just goes to show that it's something to bear in mind.

My rule of thumb is that if something is hurting regularly for long enough that I've noticed then I gently clean it for a couple of weeks, then if it's still hurting then I just take it out. If I want it back, removing it leaves less scar tissue under the skin than a scar track, making it easier to have it redone in the future if I want.
Aislinn Faye
My nipple was pierced for a while, ofcourse until I found out I was pregnant, so i took it out. I also had three peircings in my right ear and none in my left.... ph34r.gif
Happy Flower
QUOTE (craziness @ Jun 14 2003, 07:31 AM)
i dont think i already said this.......

i WANT A NOSE RING DAMNIT!!!!!!

well get your nose pierced then!
im 14 and i got my nose pierced last week. i didnt feel anything at all! i got my left side done and my mate got her right side done she came out crying! ha ha! serves her right for copying me! lol but anyway it didnt hurt!
karma is real! her nose stud fell out coz she didnt put a piece of micropore across it for bed like she was told to! he he!
any way i got mine done at Dr feelgood in Liverpool up Bold Street and it was only £15 it gets done with a needle not a gun so it hurts less. you have to be sixteen to get it done though but no proof is needed so just lie if your not! i did! lol
Love Sophie xxx
Aria
I too, have recently gotten my nose pierced. Really not bad at all. The only problem is the hooky part of my nose screw keeps falling down a bit. So I get to keep shoving it back up my nose.
Mata
QUOTE (Happy Flower @ May 22 2005, 07:30 PM)
you have to be sixteen to get it done though but no proof is needed so just lie if your not! i did! lol

I've done some work for a piercer (just front of house stuff). The general rule of thumb among piercers is that if the person doesn't care enough about themselves to worry about going to prison for piercing an underage person, why on earth do you think they'd care enough about your safety to properly sterlise the studio?

Just some food for thought there.
Chronotub
I just told my mum and dad about my plan to get my lip and eye brow pierced and they donít seem happy (which pisses me off as they had no objections for my sister) my dad doesnít like the idea but would give permission, my mum however is much more objective (she thinks it would look bad in a job interview), but if she doesnít let my I'm 18 in September anyway.

A quick question, when you first have a piercing they say you should leave it in or it will close over, but it would close over in the space of 2 hours would it? My mum says it will but it could just be BS to stop me
Usurper MrTeapot
*shrug*

Depends. Can close in an hour, or be left out for a week and still be fine. Depends on the piercing and you.
Mata
Yep, Teapot is right. Some piercings like growing over very quickly, such as eyebrows. Even normal ear-lobe piercings can seal up in a few hours. None of this means that they definitely will.

Another factor in sealing time is how long the piercing has had to heal up. If it's relatively new (first few months for most piercings would certainly count as new, but some intimate ones would be faster, again it depends on what you have done) then it will be faster. More the point, you shouldn't really add to the trauma to the skin by playing around with it by taking things out and then putting then in again, it also significantly raises the risk of infection when you expose more of the wound to the air.

If it's well-healed then many things could easily handle a couple of hours, but I personally would only count something as well-healed after about 18 months, by which time many eyebrow piercings will have already grown out! ... Which is also an indication of how bad they are at becoming a stable and well-healed piercing.
zivane
Piercings really are quite bizarre. I had my sternum out for... nearly two hours and slid something back into it just fine before getting a proper surface bar for it although I did prefer the PTFE. But, my left earlobes that I did myself (I need to get stuff... well, removed now), after I took them out, they closed within a few hours and they'd been pierced for well over 6 months.

And, about that whole age thing, really, if they aren't checking for your age then they also aren't checking for allergies to latex, sterilization allergies, allergies to certain types of metal and so forth. Then they probably aren't using proper piercing techniques and aren't even certified (there's some organization that gives qualified piercists, I don't recall where or who - always try BME for stuff). I mean, anyone can pick up a needle, some lubrication, and a CBR or really, any piece of metal, plastic, or wood, and shove it all into you in the right order. But, to do it safely and so it will stay, look nice, not scar horribly if you take it out, not have bumps, heal well, and so forth, you go to a proper studio, get good aftercare advice, and just about everything else you could think of. And, if you're being tortured I mean pierced by my piercist, you get sent to eat food if you've not eaten in the past 6 hours before going in for a piercing. She's amazing ^.^
HoldenCaulfield
Im getting the top part of my ear pierced tomorrow. does it matter which side i get it done?
Mata
The hole goes all the way through from one side to the other biggrin.gif

Do you mean which side of your head? In which case no it doesn't.

Or from the outside to the inside? Usually people would pierce that from the surface of the ear towards the head.

More important is making sure that you are in a sterile environment where they know what they're doing. I suggest getting a hoodie, rolling it into a tube then making that into a doughnut shape (torus for you posh people). That way you can put your ear in the gap and still sleep on both sides.
HoldenCaulfield
thanx biggrin.gif yeah I did mean which side of my head.
Mata
I think there were things years ago about one side supposedly meaing that you were gay, or some rubbish like that, but peircing has become almost completely depoliticised and now primarily stands as a domain of aesthetics. Go for whatever side feels comfortable to you.
craziness
on the first page of this thread, way back in 2003, i said i wanted my nose pierced.... im FINALLY getting it it january! i have been asking my parents for 3 years now, they are finally giving up when my birthday rolls around this year smile.gif))))
Mata
How did the piercing go, HC?
HoldenCaulfield
I ended up getting it done today (instead of yesterday) because the place i went to yesterday seemed kind of dodgy and was expensive too. they told me today that i shouldnt get the top done as well as another pair of holes at the bottom (earlobes), so i decided just to get the top done (on my left ear). and im really happy with it biggrin.gif wooo. (i then went and spent loads on earings blush.gif )
Mata
It sounds like you went to the right piercer. I have a lot of respect for places that say 'no, we won't do that', or receommend against things if they don't think it's a good idea. Keep up cleaning gentle and you should be fine!
DarkInferno
clearly if you got pierced in the right/left (delete as appropriate) side your sexualtity changes... its just common sence! *grin*

May I just second the hoodie in a dohnut or sleeping on your bent arm, they make for a much better nights sleep.
trunks_girl26
So, I've got my left helix done for a while, and now I'm either going to get a second helix piercing or a second set of lobes, and I'm not sure which to do.

And, incidentally, I was googling images and found this handy diagram so that people can understand what part of the ear they're describing: Clicky
Daria
Does anyone have any tips or starters on how to/ where to go to get my lobes stretched? And does it matter that they were done with a gun instead of a needle?
Cheers
depressed lonely crazy person
doesn't matter about a needle or a gun.
Start by putting and extra hoop earing through and then 3 or 4 gradually just to get you started before you buy a proper streacher.
insaneperc1015
does getting your belly button pierced hurt as much as everyone says it does? i was thinking about getting it pierced for a while now.. just wondering.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Belly button didn't hurt me at all but then again it's different for everyone.

Does anyone have any tips or starters on how to/ where to go to get my lobes stretched? And does it matter that they were done with a gun instead of a needle?

Doesn't matter whether it's a gun or needle but a few warnings. Ensure that the piercing in your lobe is in the right place. When I initially started to stretch my lobe the hole was too far down so I could only stretch to about 5mm before my lobe would have split. Second attempt, I had my lobe repierced higher up so that I could stretch further without splitting.

I disagree with DCLP on putting extra rings through the hole. This is not the most effective way to stretch.

Go with stretching pins or a stretching crescent. Do it very slowly over several months, giving plenty of time for the ear to heal after a session. I found I'd stretch by a couple of millimetres, let the ear settle into that for 4 to 6 weeks and then stretch a little further. ALWAYS use a lubricant (good 'ole Vaseline did me) when stretching.

Do a search on the net for tips on the best way to do it. *noddles*
Daria
Cheers biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.