Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alcohol Bread
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
cheese is funny
hehe... force feed them the rest of it laugh.gif
Pikasyuu
Lmao. You're good n' evil, my child. =)
leopold
QUOTE (Debaser @ Jun 8 2003, 09:33 PM)
yep...and they've been wondering why they're so tired all day...in fact, the father had to go have a sleep...

laugh.gif laugh.gif LMAO!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

You better pray they never find out bout this, dude!!
cheese is funny
they are going to find out all right... ill just call his house and leave a weird message that somehow points to a clue i placed in his house that makes them look at the secrete security camera i placed that shows dayan crushing the pills and inserting them....
Debaser
you bastage, cheese...anyway, it'd take you too long...
cheese is funny
what do you mean it would take to long? i have everything in place.. i just have to make the phone call...
leopold
An ya wonder why everyone thinks you're more evil, cheese! wink.gif laugh.gif
Mr Fuzzy
Still.... Feeding your family Devil-Bread is pretty damn evil... biggrin.gif
cheese is funny
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT... im the evil one... laugh.gif

i have to agree with fuz on this one...
Mr Fuzzy
I just looked at the picture again through my Evil-Filterô and look what I saw!

Yup. It's evil alright.
hinsley
lol!! you preople are weird!!! how bouts you try the alcholic whippy cream next? you can test it fr when i try to sell it.
Mr Fuzzy
You can get squirty cream with booze in already... Sainsbury's sell it...
hinsley
no!!!! my plan has failed!!! :'( <Me crys in corner>
Sir Psycho Sexy
lmao i havn't laughed so much since i read jonman's theories about using cat with jam on toast on its back to make a hover car...very funny
Industrial Kybosh
That was the funniest thing ever.

EVER, I tell you!
hinsley
right so Covert drew a pic and WOW it was so like evil bread so here it is.......

cheese is funny
laugh.gif laugh.gif
CovertYawn
Bah, she didn't show the full finished version, I'll get it uploaded when I'm not too busy ( i.e. not right now ) Unless someone wants to do it quick like?
Pikasyuu
Another bump.

You can screw off if this thread doesn't make you love him.
Phyllis
Yes you can.

God, this was just a few days after I first joined the forums. It made me laugh so much my side hurt. He went on for about the next month or two about the return of the evil bread...or PURE evil bread. It was going to involve laxatives as well as sleeping pills. I bet it would have tasted extra evil.
Jaq
LMAO

God, I loved this thread. Who knew so much evil could be so funny? laugh.gif
leopold
QUOTE (Jaq @ Nov 27 2003, 02:09 AM)
Who knew so much evil could be so funny? laugh.gif

The D-Man did!

*sigh*

I still can't believe he tried it on himself first, though. rolleyes.gif Evil but daft. Like Dr Evil, only wi more hair...
CovertYawn
I still have the evil bread picture. I'm keeping it in memorandum.
the lil' pie fairy
i remember this...i just wish i'd spent more time on here, i still do...maybe then i would have been able to get to know him sad.gif
CommieBastard
Wow.

This was before I joined the forums...and just drives home what a great guy he was. I mean, sleeping pills in bread. That is comedy gold.
Polocrunch
Damn, Dayan, you were f*cking brilliant. Damn, I wish I'd known him longer.
Phyllis
To honor his memory, today I am making my own variation of Evil Bread to feed to the ex. evil.gif

I only wish I'd thought of this sooner. I'd have bought laxatives. It was Missy's idea, anyway. Hehehehe. Brilliant. biggrin.gif
froggle-rock
lol, *is reminded that she has a bread maker*. La la la.

Cand, please just make sure that you wont let exxy eat/ use you lav after he has muched the bread? blink.gif
Faerieryn
I really didn't know Dayan that well as I was only a sometime poster at the point of the evil bread plot but I must say exactly how much of a comic genius he must have been to come up with something so simple and yet so brilliant!
Phyllis
Yep...Evil Bread was comic gold. smile.gif I was always asking him when he was going to make the PURE evil bread. He said he was waiting for just the right time.

My version came out....disgusting. It tasted like burning. Burning and cinnamon. I had one bite, the ex had one bite, and then it was thrown away. I hadn't intended to have more than one bite anyway, but oh well. This morning my tummy was grumbling at me, and I'm not sure if it was from the Evil Bread or from the gin. unsure.gif

Ah well. It was a fun tribute, anyway. smile.gif
Artemisia
Just for the record...I have two recipes for beer bread, in case anyone cares. One is with yeast, one is quick bread with just flour. One recipe involves cheese and green onions and beer! Yum! Recipe says it makes great toast... The cookbook, The New Joy of Cooking (not the New Joy of Sex, that's a totally different kind of bun in the oven) says that you can substitute beer for the water or milk in many recipes, even those including yeast. It recommends strong ales or dark stouts.

I know, I know, it just doesn't cut it when you think of the genius of evil bread... .but this stuff is supposed to taste good! :innocent:PM me if you want the recipe, or if demands are made on here I will post the recipe.
Feyliya
::sniffles:: I miss Dayan. He was a class act. Such Evilness!

Artemisia...if you don't PM me those recipies or post them, I will be forced to do shameful things such as downloading the cookbook from the internet without paying. ohmy.gif You wouldn't make me do that now would you? laugh.gif
depressed lonely crazy person
that isn't funny. that is dangerous.what if said parents had eaten said evil bread and then before it took effect gone out for milk or the like. people could have been killed all because some teenager decided it would be clever to dose bread.

am i the only one who sees a problem with that?
Pikasyuu
I think you are.

see, evil bread is a tradition made up by a genius. it's funny. funny because .. it's clever, and sometimes watching your parents make faces after the goodness of evil bread is pretty hilarious, especially when they crap out. you must understand - evil bread is a part of this forum, and, this thread is light hearted and meant to make people smile, since the actual idea made a lot of us smile and laugh a lot when we really needed it. now not only is it a good cheerer upper when we miss our friend, it reminds us a lot of the good times we had with him. maybe you're new, and that's alright, but please don't spoil this thread by acting like some parental figure and wagging your finger about it.

lighten up a little, okay?
a_line_in_your_book
rolleyes.gif Crikey! As if the parents wouldn't notice that the bread had alcohol in it anyways. I didn't know the prodigy in question who came up with this marvellous thread, but i wish i had.
As for Artemisia's recipes...blimey you're a funny one! A different kind of bun in the oven... laugh.gif Niiiice! Make sure you do post them...although less of the one with cheese, green onions and beer perhaps. :S Weak-stomached me.
XxX
Black-Wings
Can I eat some of that?
Artemisia
RECIPE for YEAST BEER BREAD. *this is the more time-consuming of the 2 beer bread recipes.

*From The All New Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. New York: Scribner, 1997. pg. 749

"Bread and beer are cousins: both are based on yeast-fermented grain. Beer can also be substituted for the water or milk in many other bread recipes for the flavor its hops and malted barley add. Strong ales or dark stouts are excellent choices."

Combine in large bowl:

3 1/2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup cooked brown or white rice
2 tbs packed brown sugar
1 tbs plus 3/4 tsp active dry yeast
1 tbs wheat bran
1 1/2 tsp salt

mix these then add:
1 cup strong beer, ale or stout, at room temperature
1/4 cup milk or buttermilk, at room temperature

Mix, knead for 10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Put dough in oiled bowl and turn it over to coat with oil. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, let rise at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours. Put in loaf pan, cover with wrap again and again let rise for 1 1/2 hours. Pre-heat oven to 350 F, bake until crust is light golden brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from pan to cool.
Artemisia
The EASY BEER BREAD RECIPE "Quick Beer Bread"

Also from The All New Joy of Cooking

This is super quick, no yeast. Also less complicated. If you like the idea of beer bread but can't bake worth a darn, this is the recipe for you.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
Mix in a bowl:

1 cup whole-wheat flour (but I bet regular flour would also be ok)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

then add:

1 1/2 cups light or dark beer (but NOT stout), cold or room temperature but not flat
(don't use skunky beer!! nooo!)

** optional: add 1/2 cup finely diced sharp cheddar or aged Monterey Jack cheese and 1/4 cup sliced scallions (like green onions, aren't they?) and 2 tsp caraway seeds if you want.

Mix, then put batter in the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center and all the way to the bottom comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before unmolding from the pan.

If you guys make any of these, tell me how they turn out!
a_line_in_your_book
QUOTE (Artemisia @ Dec 4 2004, 06:24 AM)
The EASY  BEER BREAD RECIPE  "Quick Beer Bread"

Also from The All New Joy of Cooking

This is super quick, no yeast. Also less complicated. If you like the idea of beer bread but can't bake worth a darn, this is the recipe for you.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
Mix in a bowl:

1 cup whole-wheat flour (but I bet regular flour would also be ok)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

then add:

1 1/2 cups light or dark beer (but NOT stout), cold or room temperature but not flat
(don't use skunky beer!! nooo!)

** optional: add 1/2 cup finely diced sharp cheddar or aged Monterey Jack cheese and 1/4 cup sliced scallions (like green onions, aren't they?) and 2 tsp caraway seeds if you want.

Mix, then put batter in the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center and all the way to the bottom comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before unmolding from the pan.

If you guys make any of these, tell me how they turn out!

*gasps* That's so fantastic. biggrin.gif I can't wait to try the recipes out. I'll probably make them sometime next week after the shopping has been done. Thursday is the most likely day. I'll make sure i get back to you on how they turn out. smile.gif
XxX
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.