Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: End Of The Line, Everyone Off
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
MistressAlti
/me hugs back and smiles...
hinsley
y is there no crying smiley? me needs one right now. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
ravein
*Tearssssss just everywhere.....snot in abundance*
you staying is one of the best birthday presents I could have gotten. Your a super cool chick, and you have so much to offer folks, to lose that is like putting out a star.
...and ... I was a perfect gentle woman smile.gif ........... but you have biting issues laugh.gif

ps your back on the nudie christmas card list laugh.gif wink.gif
LoLo
Wow that was cool missy..........gah if these forums get more sappy I'm going to have to leave (just kidding). That was really sweet too missy. (wonders how shes made it on to two of these threads, cause she's not that cool.)

side note - its 7:30, I had dreams of being pregnant and loosing the baby and being pregnant and loosing the baby that kept waking me up half the night so if my post sounds like gibber jabber its cause my mind isn't all here.
WeeJ
QUOTE (MAtt @ Jun 19 2003, 06:28 PM)
holy crap i pop back in to say hello and now missy has to go? (rymthige) This sucks. But it seems that the poeple who have been here from the begining are the only intelegint ones. Except me cuz i can't spell. Man im bummed.

sad.gif
ravein
Weej,
Dont take that to heart, matt was just pissed that Missy was leaving thats all..I know you are extreamly intelligent. wink.gif i saw you do that math problem biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
Hello, being relatively new to this forum, I'd just like to ask what your definition of 'spam' is? Is there somewhere on this forum that tells me this as I couldn't find anything. Perhaps I'm just being dense but I haven't seen any (what I would class as) spam. By that I mean adverts about crap, etc.

I think it's a shame that you feel you ought to leave and, if you've decided to stay, then that's cool. Whatever you decide to do is obviously your decision but, from what everyone else is saying, it would be a shame. Everyone I have spoken to has been lovely biggrin.gif Ta!

Spam (not taking the piss it really is my on-line name!) biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 20 2003, 03:59 PM)
Weej,
Dont take that to heart, matt was just pissed that Missy was leaving thats all..I know you are extreamly intelligent. wink.gif i saw you do that math problem biggrin.gif

Math?? Me? Are you thinking of another adorable brunette?

I dunno, this was the only gripe I had about the whole Spam + other reasons war sad.gif

/me hides in a corner
ravein
Generally people see spam as a short meaningless response. Like if I where to say, Did anyone see the eclipse last night? and someone replies, I like orange. It is basically a thread killer. Or if someone opens a new thread and just says Oh well.. it is any blatant act to increase post count. Cool thing is as long as it is in the Daft threads it doesn't matter smile.gif you can spam all day long over there.
Spam is not to be confused with general chat or conversation..
ravein
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jun 20 2003, 12:06 PM)
Weej,
Dont take that to heart, matt was just pissed that Missy was leaving thats all..I know you are extreamly intelligent.  wink.gif  i saw you do that math problem  biggrin.gif

I dunno, this was the only gripe I had about the whole Spam + other reasons war sad.gif

/me hides in a corner

nope I think it was that adorable brunette... smile.gif
Good thing is that it is over with now and missy is staying.. the new threads are working fabulously... everything has it's place and we are moving on. There is no need to reopen old wounds.
And weej, cheer up or Ill take you off my nudie christams card list to!!!!!
hinsley
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jun 20 2003, 04:06 PM)
Weej,
Dont take that to heart, matt was just pissed that Missy was leaving thats all..I know you are extreamly intelligent.  wink.gif  i saw you do that math problem  biggrin.gif

/me hides in a corner

dont worry WeeJ i still love you

/me hugs WeeJ and hides her from all the horrible people, (mainly matt... )

so ive just been called stupid too, just cause i cant write long posts? look at my attempts for gods sake!hey is crappy nd repeating and no 1 replys!!!

but anyways, i like being non intelligent if being intelligent means i have to jip everyone of like you do matt.

biggrin.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

/me starts humming a very good song that could really go right here*
MistressAlti
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jun 20 2003, 09:56 AM)
holy crap i pop back in to say hello and now missy has to go?  (rymthige) This sucks.  But it seems that the poeple who have been here from the begining are the only intelegint ones.  Except me cuz i can't spell.  Man im bummed.

sad.gif

Weej, no worries hon - MAtt's one of the original big spammers himself, he's got no room to talk. He won't contest that, either... laugh.gif And he's kinda protective of me on the forum, considering I'm his minion. Take what he said with a grain of salt.
WeeJ
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 20 2003, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jun 20 2003, 12:06 PM)
Weej,

/me hides in a corner

nope I think it was that adorable brunette... smile.gif
Good thing is that it is over with now and missy is staying.. the new threads are working fabulously... everything has it's place and we are moving on. There is no need to reopen old wounds.
And weej, cheer up or Ill take you off my nudie christams card list to!!!!!

I'm cheerey! always cheerey me biggrin.gif I'm just glad everyone's happy again
smile.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 20 2003, 04:10 PM)
Generally people see spam as a short meaningless response. Like if I where to say, Did anyone see the eclipse last night? and someone replies, I like orange. It is basically a thread killer. Or if someone opens a new thread and just says Oh well.. it is any blatant act to increase post count. Cool thing is as long as it is in the Daft threads it doesn't matter smile.gif you can spam all day long over there.

Ta for clearing that up smile.gif Basically pointless posts then. I hope none of mine have fallen into that category? unsure.gif

Anyhoo, thanks and can I also be put on your Xmas card list!! wink.gif

Spam (no REALLY I used to get called this at school well before the 'tinternet' was invented!)
WeeJ
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 20 2003, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jun 20 2003, 09:56 AM)
holy crap i pop back in to say hello and now missy has to go? (rymthige) This sucks. But it seems that the poeple who have been here from the begining are the only intelegint ones. Except me cuz i can't spell. Man im bummed.

sad.gif

Weej, no worries hon - MAtt's one of the original big spammers himself, he's got no room to talk. He won't contest that, either... laugh.gif And he's kinda protective of me on the forum, considering I'm his minion. Take what he said with a grain of salt.

/me hugs Missy

hurray! We're all groovy again smile.gif
ravein
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 20 2003, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 20 2003, 04:10 PM)
Generally people see spam as a short meaningless response. Like if I where to say, Did anyone see the eclipse last night? and someone replies, I like orange. It is basically a thread killer.  Or if someone opens a new thread and just says Oh well.. it is any blatant act to increase post count.  Cool thing is as long as it is in the Daft threads it doesn't matter smile.gif you can spam all day long over there.

Ta for clearing that up smile.gif Basically pointless posts then. I hope none of mine have fallen into that category? unsure.gif

Anyhoo, thanks and can I also be put on your Xmas card list!! wink.gif

Spam (no REALLY I used to get called this at school well before the 'tinternet' was invented!)

yes ma'ma you sure can be on the christmas card list smile.gif And Im sure you will be fine when it comes to spam.. and honestly 10-15 times is no big deal. We all do it, it is just when it is obsessive it becomes a problem.. isnt that right hins laugh.gif just playing biggrin.gif

PS and Matt was one of the original spammers smile.gif But he has a good heart wink.gif
NummyNums
im alone in chat *sigh* but your all here so im posting here.. oh and you cant never spam.. sometimes in a certain topic you dont know what to say or how to react so you say something completly pointless and random.. then you confuse pppl so you have to keep going and yeah........
Pixelgoth
yes ma'ma you sure can be on the christmas card list smile.gif

Cool wink.gif

And Im sure you will be fine when it comes to spam.. and honestly 10-15 times is no big deal

10-15 what?

Spam
ravein
I just ment that it is fine to spam a few times, as long as it is not obsessive or rund a thread of track.. thats all. wink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 20 2003, 04:32 PM)
I just ment that it is fine to spam a few times, as long as it is not obsessive or rund a thread of track.. thats all. wink.gif

OK I'll try and remember that. Please do tell me if I'm committing a board faux pas (sp?)! biggrin.gif

Spam
ravein
Stearing Thread back to topic.....
Missy make sure you go read me and lolos reply to your post.. it was extreamly nice of you.
MistressAlti
A topic? This thread has one?

Oh, right... lmao.

QUOTE (LoLo @ Jun 20 2003, 09:21 AM)
Wow that was cool missy..........gah if these forums get more sappy I'm going to have to leave (just kidding).  That was really sweet too missy.  (wonders how shes made it on to two of these threads, cause she's not that cool.)

Oh, Lo... you know you're wonderful. Quit pretending. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Erm, yeah, for those of you just tuning in to this thread, there's a post on the 2nd page that I want people to read. You can't miss it, it's huge. Thanks.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jun 20 2003, 12:34 AM)
As always, a preface to my ramblings: syuu's nostalgic post got me sniffling. Seriously. Because I know that the people who've stuck with me this long are just so important... I asked her permission if I could commit blatant copyright infringement, and I got the go-ahead, so here it is, in all its failing glory.
----------

Industrial Kybosh - Shit, how to even begin this. Lord knows that you've absolutely turned my life upside-down. You're beyond incredible. I didn't know God made angels as intelligent and sensitive as He made you. You never fail to amaze me, to impress me, to amuse me, to lift my spirits to the sky... I never could have imagined that one person could herald in such an era of change to someone as lost as me. You've been everything I could have ever asked for in an e-husband and in a best friend. I love you so dearly, and no amount of praise could truly echo the wonders I've found in you.

LoLo - My voice-chat buddy, not to mention the blog's greatest fan! My fellow creative girl, you understand the burden of the artistic soul, and you carry it with all the grace I lack. You keep such a humour about you that it's impossible not to think of you and smile. You have been there for me at every moment of my need, counseled me, cheered my soul in it's darkest moments. You are the very definition of what it means to be a true friend. I feel so honored to have shared this forum with you.

leopold - The master of pimping, the man above men, the great moddie Leo! (insert fanfare here) I will never think of the color turquoise the same! But in all seriousness, you've been my shoulder to cry on, the person I could always go to for an e-hug when I needed one. Together we mourned the absences of our dearest friends, and there was so much strength in knowing that I was not suffering alone. You've always made me feel so needed and protected here in the forums, and I could never thank you enough for that.

syuu - You're way too cool for me, hon... all I can say is WOW. It's a surprise we didn't swallow our pride and come together sooner than we did. We make a damn strong alliance. You're the funniest girl I've ever met, a partner in crime like none other.  I will never forget that night when we finally came together in my moment of despair and found the perfect sounding board for our insanities. I've never had many female friends, especially not in my age bracket, and maybe that's why I treasure you so much. You're the diamond in all the coal we've found around us. It takes a truly strong and unique individual to be as awesome as you are. I wouldn't change a thing about you for the world.

Debaser - Erk! It's been absolutely wonderful having someone to talk to in my long afternoons at home. You're such a sweet and sensitive individual, and truly unique on top of that. It's good to know that I'm not alone, and even better that I have someone so willing to listen to me - even if it does mean that we trade dot conventions back and forth! Someday, when you finally get all the intravenous hookups, remember, you still have to sing for me drunk!  laugh.gif I love you, man, you're totally awesome.

ravein - I may never know what we did at that one e-wedding reception, but I don't think it matters! Your shameless honesty and boundless wisdom has always given me so much respect for your fantastic self. You've always been so kind to me, and you're one of the few people that I thought was listening to anything I've ever said. That means so much to me. As do your nude Christmas cards... lmao! I have to say that you've been the singlemost instrumental person in convincing me to stay here, through your constant loyalty and understanding to me.  I wish there was a way to thank you enough for what you've done.

Mata - Not only do you deserve boundless worship for making any of this possible in the first place, I want to thank you personally. I honestly didn't believe anyone would care too much that I was going to leave here, but the fact that you took notice spun my entire line of thinking around. It's not too often that you run across someone in such fame that bothers to even notice his fans, let alone their issues and problems! I was totally blown away that you posted in this thread and instituted such change in the forums on account of me... and what's most amazing is that you managed to fix things so that I don't even really feel it's necessary for me to leave anymore. Thank you so much for paying attention to little old me... it was a self-esteem boost, to be sure.

----------
I've just been at this post for the past 45 minutes now, and I've barely covered half of what I really want to say, but I simply can't be at this much longer...

There is a conclusion to all this, however: I have decided that I will not be leaving the forums. I came to this for various reasons, and I won't go into it in detail, for the sake of boring you all further with what I think about whatever.

I do want to thank everyone who showed such love and appreciation to me when I was so angry and hurt. I would never have guessed that I meant anything to so many people. But I suppose I've learned now, haven't I... and I feel so much better. Thank you, all of you.

Just reposting to make sure all that got a mention get to see it...
Pikasyuu
Wow.. ._.;; I have no idea what to say, but I'm crying like a baby.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (syuu @ Jun 20 2003, 04:21 PM)
Wow.. ._.;; I have no idea what to say, but I'm crying like a baby.

/me hugs syuu
kidvicious2punk
No missy you cant leave,you just cant....think about the poor noobs...think of joey...if you leave,who will throw me a surprize non-noobism party?I already have 3 boxes and i know no one else will,u r truly a great person and obviously too many of us will be missing you..especially me,because i am your noob and i dont want to be a noob with out you,youve taught me the greatness of making a signature and making my words red and stuff.soo dont leave please dont..

p.s. my surprise non-noobism party's gonna rule with you throwing it for me...it'll be like raviens birthday...anyway, i hope you dont leave...
MistressAlti
bump, leo hasn't seen this yet...
leopold
Ah, turquoise! laugh.gif

I dunno what to say. Again. I'm speechless. I'm also touched smile.gif

/me gives missy an enormous great thankyou hug

As I said in syuu's thread, I've been really down recently (especially last night) but readin these has really made me feel much better. You guys are great! Thankyou smile.gif
MistressAlti
/me hugs back

You're welcome, leo. Anytime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.