Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Suggestion For Newbies
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Introductions and where to find a guide
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Industrial Kybosh
It is quite plain to see that this site is on the up and up - over 30 people have joined in the week since I did! This number will probably keep growing at an even greater rate as word-of-mouth introduces more people to Matazone, and so to the forums.

This, of course, means that there will be an influx of people with no idea what is going on, who anyone is, and what to do. Granted, there are pinned notices to help folks out, but admit it, how often do you read the instructions when you've just got something new?

It is in this spirit that I propose an idea: Adoption!

It's simple - newbies use this thread to put themselves up for adoption by an established user (Advanced Member or higher preferably), who will then show them the ropes and answer any questions (such as 'Why won't my avatar work?', 'how do I write things in red?' or 'Does that gerbilfromhell fellow ever calm down?') via PMs.

If you like the idea, why not make your name known as being available to the Adopt A Noob scheme?

And just to make things more fun, why not put the name of you newbie (or your adopter if you are a newbie) in your signature?

If this works, the forums will be an even more pleasant place for everyone, and we may even convince some of those quiet noobs to come out of their shells...

BTW, one noob each would be ideal. This isn't Pokemon, and you don't have to catch 'em all...

[EDIT]

Here begins a list of useful links within the forum - links to threads that, despite not being pinned, are very much worth a look:

MissyA's Unofficial Matazone Fansite

The Colours Thread - for use in the [color] tags

The Links Thread - a link to more links - useful and informative links, mind!

Adoptions Gone Wild - take note, both those adopting and those being adopted...
prezgfish
CODE
I want a pet Noob, i promise to feed it and walk it and.. i dunno teach it and stuff
Industrial Kybosh
That's the spirit, fishy!
LilNick
If you want me to adopt you just send me a private message saying why I should adopt you.
Industrial Kybosh
That goes for me, too.

Send me a PM, tell me about yourself, and if I likes ye, I'll adopts ye!
MAtt
im no longer a noob and i would like a noob but i don't think im ready yet...... and yet

NOOBS FLOCK TO MY GREATNESS AND ASK ME EASY QUESTIONS!

OK IM DONE

really i just want a noob to call my own!
craziness
i would adopt a noob, but i am quite ignorant and cant write things in red or upload an avaitor as you may have notcied....i would be a horrible parent. but you noobs can pm me asking about gerbil........ dont worry gerbil we love you

update- i just figured out how to write in red!!!!!! wow i feel really smart now...
LoLo
I'll adopt a newbie who doesnt have too many questions. I'm horrible at explaing things. laugh.gif
NoName4444
I want a pet n00b! I mean... I'm always open to help people out. Don't quite have as many posts as Crazy or Gerbil, but then again I'm around less than I used to be. Plus my hand went gimp for awhile.... oh well.

Hehe, key to calming Gerbil down, don't mention Mr. SB.... wink.gif
(hehe, dido Crazy's remark)
SuperKathoid
i want a noob too... i have too boobs and you can only have so much fun with them... uhhhh

I WANT A NOOB!!!
craziness
ok now i waNT A noob
calling all noobs- i will adopt you as long as you dont have any avaitor questions.
prezgfish
any noob wanting adoption e-mail or other wise contact me and i shall mold you in my immage and prepare you for greatness.

what type of greatness you ask ..... em well.... you'll just have to wait and find out my young aprentice
racingaway13
well, i think that as a noob you may want to adopt me, im cynical, im really quite insane, i am a through bush hater, i am rather intelectual, im a computer geek but cool enough i guess, and also, you wont have to know anything other than whats gone on in the forum before, i have a good deal of experiance with forums.
Industrial Kybosh
As you may have noticed from my sig, I now have a little noob of my own.

Treat her with respect, or feel the full weight of my wrath.
prezgfish
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ Mar 11 2003, 11:08 PM)
well, i think that as a noob you may want to adopt me, im cynical, im really quite insane, i am a through bush hater, i am rather intelectual, im a computer geek but cool enough i guess, and also, you wont have to know anything other than whats gone on in the forum before, i have a good deal of experiance with forums.

your not a noob your a member but if you want adopted.

welcome to the world of the gfish just send a message to accept.
LoLo
What if the noobs don't know how to private message?
prezgfish
QUOTE (LoLo @ Mar 11 2003, 11:43 PM)
What if the noobs don't know how to private message?

then post a message on this forum requesting adoption.

and we as obbsesive worrying people with too much time on our hands can private message them and controll there future devlopment.

eh did i say controll i meant nurture
craziness
hey noobs, i rule because i have the most posts right now. i am usually in second, but before gerbil gets on i am in first. who knows, im at least 10 above him right now so......and anyway im cool. racingaway-i was about to pm you asking you to be my noob but then you became a member. graa.
prezgfish
em have any noobs avtually read this post?
craziness
...i doubt it
prezgfish
then why why do waste our time writing try to teach the young trying to create a better tomorow why must we watch as society falls and reality dies why must i be over dramatic why can't we all just get along and post with love respect and dignity
gerbilfromhell
by the time most noobs actually read this, they'll have figured out the fourm for themselves. this is actually a nicer version of what people like me do to noobs in other forums. we tell them what to do by yelling at them but that's mean so i guess i'll join this adoption thing

edit: i not only 'joined this adoption thing', i've kidnapped tens of noobs in the middle of the night laugh.gif
craziness
i will never stop posting
not unless i go away
Industrial Kybosh
It's good to see that the scheme is catching on with the established members. Now all we need is for some newbies to step forward and allow themselves to be guided by our collective *cough*wisdom*cough*...

I wonder if the big man himself will be adopting... if he ever has free time between animations, that is...

If you're really into the idea of adopting, why not say so in your sig? It might help you find a noob...

Go to it!

happy.gif
gerbilfromhell
mad.gif i like my sig i'm not getting rid of the gerbil legions
prezgfish
same here snaffleburger stays
Industrial Kybosh
Relax, dewds.

And remember that your sig can be more than one line...
IdiotFace
me = n00b and i am currently very stupid, but i learn fast, or i will when i am a liitle less confused. huh.gif

and when i learn to spell
NoName4444
Welcome to the board IdiotFace, you'll be addicted in no time... I mean... um.. having fun.. unsure.gif
racingaway13
omg, i feel very loved at this point in time, just wait till my teacher catches me on here... mad.gif i really dont like her, but anyways, i think ill just become good friends with u fish and craziness, btw, i realized that i became a memeber very quick, i think its my addiction to message boards nad to matazone oh well, i feel like im growing up too quick... ok well who cares, being a noob isnt too great anyways!!! AHA HA HA AH AHA AHA HA AHA!!!!!!
Industrial Kybosh
Don't let the titles put you off being adopted.

Obviously, to adopt you have to have been here for a little bit, and have sussed everything out. But to be adopted, all you need is the desire to be aided and/or protected by somone else, regardless of how many posts you've made.

Think of it as a way of showing friendship and solidarity.
Mata
IdiotFace, apparently your email address isn't working so notifications of private messages are bouncing back through the system. NoName4444 has been trying to contact you. Try updating your email address in your control panel (click 'My controls' at the top of this page). You can read a private message (PM) by clicking on the link to the right of that.
Sickness
You know, I'd be tutoured, but I'm not new to this style of forums. And, fortunately, I know how to make my text red. Even colors like silver and gold biggrin.gif
I'd be glad to take me a newbie though.
NoName4444
hehe, sorry bout that Mata. Idiotface has been gettin my PMs, just not the e-mail notifications... So you get all the ones that bounce back eh? That would be annoying...
IdiotFace
hmmmm its correct address, i could try gettin another address an tryin that one
prezgfish
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ Mar 12 2003, 04:20 PM)
being a noob isnt too great anyways!!! AHA HA HA AH AHA AHA HA AHA!!!!!!

yeah they don't let you get drunk ehile posting for one. he he. wink.gif
racingaway13
you say im a drunk!?!? well i swear to drunk im not god! besides, my teacher would probably have noticed, seeing as she watches me like a hawk since im smarter than her in this class (computer software class, we each have a computer so i sometimes just surf like i was earler) well anyways, i guess i do act like a drunk, and fairly often... oh well, just wait till i get my vodka imp...
prezgfish
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ Mar 13 2003, 12:14 AM)
you say im a drunk!?!? well i swear to drunk im not god! besides, my teacher would probably have noticed, seeing as she watches me like a hawk since im smarter than her in this class (computer software class, we each have a computer so i sometimes just surf like i was earler) well anyways, i guess i do act like a drunk, and fairly often... oh well, just wait till i get my vodka imp...

em i was implicating myself actually but what the hay i have the imps
racingaway13
WAIT! i just saw your sig, fish, ok, since when was it "adoption" i thought i had to win a medal and then exchange it for an imp!! rrrrrrrrrrrrrg. oh well, and also, i am a dirty drunk though, although i dont actually need alcohol to be a drunk, i just act like one.
prezgfish
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ Mar 13 2003, 02:14 AM)
WAIT! i just saw your sig, fish, ok, since when was it "adoption" i thought i had to win a medal and then exchange it for an imp!! rrrrrrrrrrrrrg. oh well, and also, i am a dirty drunk though, although i dont actually need alcohol to be a drunk, i just act like one.

here's to alcohol i drink to you health
thatonegirl
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=orange] can i be adopted> plzplzplzplz? huh.gif
MistressAlti
I want dibs on thatonegirl, I saw her first!
LoLo
PM her and tell her that.
MistressAlti
Can do (goes to do that)
craziness
DAMN YOU I WAS IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!! n00bs better get their arses on here after 3 pm
Mistressofpain
14/f/ny looking for adopter (a boy) if possible thanx bye *waves* smile.gif blink.gif
craziness
im a girl will i do?
I HAVE MORE POSTS THAN ANYONE ELSE AND I HELPED START THE MR SB DEATH CULT. I AM SOOOO COOL! I ROCK SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
spuglet
bagsi drof dyolf. hes my newbie! MINE
gerbilfromhell
apparently not. check crazy's sig. and crazy, you'll only have more posts than me until tomorrow (when i hand in that goddam story i'm writting)
craziness
i know, i know. im just saying that to lead them on. i just got a n00b so bah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.