Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Animation - Mittens In Atlantis
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Mata
http://www.matazone.co.uk/Mittens_the_cute...n_atlantis.html

My first Mittens animation with sound. What do you think?
prezgfish
ok i'm running over to watch it now will post here as soon as i'm done
prezgfish
ok just watched and i have to say

It is the best mittens yet

a nice look into the subconscious of the cannibal sex kitty,and the innocence of dear snowdrop.

Well done Mata, but i thought the next animation was gonna be a Little Goth Girl
gerbilfromhell
that animation was schway. it is definitelly the best mittens yet (well, maybe not better than the first one but it is still tres chapaux)
Mata
biggrin.gif Thanks!

The LGG animation will hopefully be ready for two week's time. It's going to be a lot of work but I hope it will be worth the wait. There is also the possibility that one of the guys from Modular Series will be composing the score for the animation too...

Which reminds me, I need to get onto a guy about getting their albums available to buy on the net...
miss_snaffleburger
woohoo! That Mittens one rules! Was laughing in the middle of an IT lesson biggrin.gif
I'll blame it on Mata if I get told off tongue.gif The teacher wont know what I'm talking about...
Oh, wearing my Mr SB tee btw smile.gif Thanx mata! *U RAWK!*

miss_sb
ravein
Mata!!! I freaking love it!!!! It is fabulous! Mittens is still my fav... Great job! biggrin.gif
LoLo
Your animations never sease (probably spelled that wrong) to amaze me. Wonderful wonderful, 11 out of 10 stars on that one.
SuperKathoid
YAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY laugh.gif
MistressAlti
YAY! Mittens for dictator!
spuglet
superb!
craziness
seroopc!!!!!!!!
(my spanish teacher made up that word, hes actually going to test us on it too lol hes insane.....)
doesnt mittens realize that if he destroys everything on teh earth, there is nothing to rule over but dirt and ashes?
gerbilfromhell
not if he only kills the people (including fish people). then he can rule over all the animals and be evil and dictatorial
craziness
but they destroyed the "surface dwellers"!!!!!!!! and when you unplug the ocean the water creatures have no place to live and now way to survive. amphibians need water sometimes too. and so do trees. and so do mittens.
gerbilfromhell
apparently mittens didn't because suddenly he flew off and became a giant in firey space
MAtt
that animation ruled i love how the hands moved when mittens was swimming!

yah

i also like the sounds i say no speaking stuff though...its better if they are silent
NoName4444
LOL!!!!! That was brilliant! Truely one of my favorite mittions episodes. Snowdrop was just hillarious. ::sigh:: Why can't I have a cat like Mittens.... Anywho, another job well done Mata.

And lgg is always worth the wait smile.gif.
witchblade_babe
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! hehe snowdrop was the greatest part hehe i was laughing so hard... ^^V i cant wait for the lgg one ~grins~
The Minister
Once again I feel of my chair at work pissing myself laughing. As for best ever...well the first two still take the cake for me. rolleyes.gif

Oh and Hi I'm new....don't anoy me to much or I'll attempt to shoot you into the sun straped to the back of a rocket...or I might just poke my toung out at you. biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Mata
Hi 'The Minister'!

I don't think Mittens really thought as far ahead in his plan as 'what am I going to eat once everything else is dead?'
prezgfish
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 14 2003, 11:28 AM)
Hi 'The Minister'!

I don't think Mittens really thought as far ahead in his plan as 'what am I going to eat once everything else is dead?'

and that why we love him/her

will we ever find out mittens gender?
ravein
QUOTE (NoName4444 @ Mar 14 2003, 12:04 AM)
LOL!!!!! That was brilliant! Truely one of my favorite mittions episodes. Snowdrop was just hillarious. ::sigh:: Why can't I have a cat like Mittens.... Anywho, another job well done Mata.

You can have one.. come take my cat... trust me.. I own the earthly reincarnation of Mittens.. he is hell to live with.. I woke up this morning and he was sitting on my chest sniffing my head.. I could see it in his eyes... he is planning on eating my brains.. After a night of video games and other fun little diversions... a cat sniffing your head at 8 AM is the last thing you wanna see.. especially a delusional cat. blink.gif

Either way awesome job Mata!
prezgfish
QUOTE (ravein @ Mar 14 2003, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (NoName4444 @ Mar 14 2003, 12:04 AM)
LOL!!!!!  That was brilliant!  Truely one of my favorite mittions episodes.  Snowdrop was just hillarious.  ::sigh::  Why can't I have a cat like Mittens....  Anywho, another job well done Mata.

You can have one.. come take my cat... trust me.. I own the earthly reincarnation of Mittens.. he is hell to live with.. I woke up this morning and he was sitting on my chest sniffing my head.. I could see it in his eyes... he is planning on eating my brains.. After a night of video games and other fun little diversions... a cat sniffing your head at 8 AM is the last thing you wanna see.. especially a delusional cat. blink.gif

Either way awesome job Mata!

whats its name and does it also have a dubious sexuality
gerbilfromhell
lewl laugh.gif
prezgfish
oo a pony here pony pony (blam) he he got another one!
gerbilfromhell
............ ok....... i'll be leaving now
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Mar 15 2003, 03:32 AM)
............ ok....... i'll be leaving now

heh he scared the gerbil
gerbilfromhell
not scared, disturbed
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Mar 15 2003, 02:22 PM)
not scared, disturbed

he he i disturbed the gerbil
gerbilfromhell
yep. you and everyone else in the world. especially the clouds. OMG THEY'RE STILL LAUGHING AT ME! NOOOOOOOOOO!
Sun Tsu
Hi everyone! Sorry, i have'nt been here for a while, but Mata: you mention in the preloader that it was too hard to pick a voice for Mittens. Will ''it'' ever get a voice, or are you happy the way things are.

Sun Tsu blink.gif
Mata
I'm not sure really. if at all possible I think I'm going to avoid giving Mittens a voice. Since I was using quite complex animation techniques in this one I thought I would also put on sound for added realism, but if I revert to the previous style for the next Mittens animation then there may be no sound at all again.
prezgfish
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 17 2003, 04:57 PM)
I'm not sure really. if at all possible I think I'm going to avoid giving Mittens a voice. Since I was using quite complex animation techniques in this one I thought I would also put on sound for added realism, but if I revert to the previous style for the next Mittens animation then there may be no sound at all again.

there's no harm in trying something new unless its bobbong for pirana that can hurt a lot
Industrial Kybosh
Hmm... I haven't posted here yet...

I thought the episode was excellent. The sounds were suitably underwater sci-fi cheese (great!), and the actual plot was genius.

And until I saw Kitten Commandos, I honestly thought that Mittens swimming and sleeping was the cutest thing ever.

I can see in this episode the lengths you go to to keep Mittens sexually ambiguous. "It's a dream of a ball of string" has hundreds of easier alternatives, but all of them would involve a pronoun, thus revealing Mittens' gender. Respec' to tha Mata!

BTW, if you're ever looking for voice actors, drop me a line... wink.gif
prezgfish
it is very hard to keep something genderless especially if you have an idea in your head of what that gender is and your hiding it from everyone else so that they can make your own assuptions that you can destroy at a later date
craziness
just think of it this way: micheal jackson is genderless.
prezgfish
QUOTE (craziness @ Mar 27 2003, 08:56 PM)
just think of it this way: micheal jackson is genderless.

and he had the recipt for all his children
Lord of darness
Man I was so hopping to find out the gender and voice of mittens.
prezgfish
QUOTE (Lord of darness @ Apr 1 2003, 10:10 PM)
Man I was so hopping to find out the gender and voice of mittens.

well it ain't happening not now not next tuesday maybe not even untill the great one wants us to know and even then he might mess with our heads and begin changing it at random and then our heads would implode due to the strain and then we couldn't watch the anims or waste time here anymore
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.