Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The League Of Ish
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Kalina
Hm..could I be the keeper of the gummies for the league of ish? happy.gif
leopold
Yes, yes ya can! We need a gummi keeper!
Kalina
Yay! Hehe, then that's what I shall be!
kidvicious2punk
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 1 2003, 02:04 PM)
Yes, yes ya can! We need a gummi keeper!

we do? huh.gif

ooh yay!!!

i have no idea when we got this large tub of gummies...but im sure kalina will keep them well biggrin.gif
leopold
Oh, that tub's always been about, but some people keep shiftin it so I can't have any... Much annoyance! So hopefully wi kalina on the case, they should be safe, an I can help meself any time I want! biggrin.gif
kidvicious2punk
hmm...i see....

you will share tho yes? rolleyes.gif
leopold
Of course! Benevolent leader, me! biggrin.gif
kidvicious2punk
lol biggrin.gif

huzzah we now have gummies..or..erm..still have gummies~

hmm....the ish event,...i think we shall do the insomniac this weekend then the film festival later

what do you think?
leopold
Sounds good ta me, hon smile.gif

Oh, fer yer sterlin work here, have 10 minions! I haven't dished many o those chaps out fer a while...
kidvicious2punk
sterlin?

lol...its called...i have nuttin better to do than be a complete genius..lol

/takes minions
kidvicious2punk
o u think tonite is a good nite for the insomniac?

well..its the only nite i can do it actually...bah @ school

lol....

btw did you check out my sad and unfinished site? biggrin.gif
leopold
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Aug 2 2003, 11:58 PM)
btw did you check out my sad and unfinished site? biggrin.gif

Yeah, I did! Awwww, thanks smile.gif *hugs* That's really sweet of ya! Has anyone added anythin yet?

Anyways...

I need some help, you guys! I've put up a new layouty thingummy fer the ISH site, to see if I can expand it more easily. It's not replaced the old one (yet) but is online in a semi-finished state here. Apologies if it's a bit slow, it's runnin on me home server.

So, anyone got any thoughts on it? Post 'em here!
kidvicious2punk
no so far no one has added anything ......i tried to finish it but freewebs isnt showin up fer me...grr... mad.gif

meh....it will get done sum day...

an ill check the site out biggrin.gif
CrissiLove
oohhhh I like that! Good job LoLo and Leopold! smile.gif (and anyone/everyone else who helped!)
leopold
Glad ya like it crissi smile.gif

Lolo an pab worked on the ISH logo, I typed some stuff in an blended the logo into the top banner. The site layout I got from a free layout site!!! Yeah, so I did like 2% of the overall work here... laugh.gif
kidvicious2punk
the logo looks good smile.gif
leopold
So this is it? Two responses?? I'm a mite dischuffed at that... Here's me, tryin to please the crowd wi a site that fulfils all needs, an nobody checks out the potential new look...

*sigh*

So then, go here people, an see if ya like it or not... I won't be offended if ya don't, but I'd be happy if a few more peeps actually checked it out... It dun do very much at the mo, cos it's really jus a mock-up of what it could look like... but I'd really appreciate some feedback before I spend any more time on it.
CommieBastard
Ooooh. 'Snice.
leopold
Thank'ee fer lookin, commie smile.gif
Mr Fuzzy
Seems nice and clear to me. I'm a bit worried about the suggestion of coffee though. Evil stuff it is!
leopold
Well, I can always change that... an yes, I still that coffee image in me head Some weird Madagascan blend, was it? laugh.gif
Polocrunch
Ha! I pour cold slimy scorn on your "-ish" (spits in disgust).

All praise "-itude", and long may it last!

Ah ha ha hah!
leopold
Well, there's nowt like good feedback...

...an that was nowt like good feedback! laugh.gif laugh.gif

What sorta suffix is "itude"??
Polocrunch
Why the best kind of suffix there is!
LoLo
I love the layout to the site. Is there still going to be a member page?

I love the way the logo looks at the top. Pab did some top notch work on that! He deserves all the credit, I just slapped some text on it.

Sorry I haven't looked sooner....I've been busy with preparations for fam, tests, work, and then fam and work and tests.
leopold
Lo, YOU are forgiven fer the delay, cos ya had stuff goin on (that I knew about, anyways...)

The logo rawks! I spent some time wi PSP, clippin the logo off the background, pastin it onto the red wibbly thingy, colour replacin the odd white bits, then carefully blurrin the edges so it looked nice! Luckily, the text was easier as it automatically does that anti-aliasin thing...

There will be a member page, but I'm still workin out whether it's worth doin the individual member pages cos it's gonna be close to what yer doin wi the family album. Plus there's so many ISHites who are MIA, it'd never work out... I'm hopin to squeeze in ISH related links, links to member's home pages, an ISH dictionary of some sort, an a new Dark ISH section (assumin aries gets summat together!!)

There's plenty scope to expand now, so any ideas or contributions an such are most welcome smile.gif
LoLo
I have some ideas for some stuff to put on there but I'm still working them out and will tell you about them later, or when I have something to show you. lol
leopold
Oooh, cool! biggrin.gif

I'll look forward ta seein those.
Phyllis
Oooooh! I like the new look a lot! happy.gif

Sorry I didn't look sooner, I've been trying to cut down my time on here, so I haven't made it to this thread in awhile. I will do cartwheels to amuse you all to make up for it (trust me, seeing me do cartwheels would be mighty amusing, as I'd fall on my face!).
leopold
Thanks, cand smile.gif

An dun worry bout the cartwheels. I can't do 'em either...
Pab
hi leo,

seen the new layout, it seems we're going for the clean look ... the top is full of mysticism and is very pink-floyd-like ... but is the bottom perhaps a little dryish in comparison? Could it require a splash of something here or there? Is it work intensive? Could you use a hand? I think I'm gonna sign up ... I use -ISH as much as I use -LIKE and -ISM. My name is pab, and I'm a suffixoholic. unsure.gif
Pab
Oh leo, leo, please let me join your little club! My title should be "High Order Invertibrate of ISH"
And leo, leo, please let me participate in the Latest Resurrection of ISH Website! I do websites for a living, and I'll do anything for a suffix!
leopold
Pab, you wonderful, gorgeous creature you!! Yeah, I'd love someone wi your skills to help out here, cos I dunno what the hell I'm doin wi this!! Well, I have a vague idea... but that's it... It'll be a damn sight better if we have someone who knows what they're doin on board!

I've been thinkin that the bottom half is a bit, erm, dull... I've been kickin around ideas of usin red instead of grey fer the borders, an perhaps usin some more colour in there, but to be honest I dun really have the time to play that much.

If ya want the files I have so far, PM me wi yer email addy an I'll zip it all up an send it to ya. If I've got the template to work with, then I can do the data entry stuff meself. Also, if ya have any better ideas fer the top banner, please feel free to suggest away!

I dun think I thanked ya properly fer the logo either. Thanks bud, very much appreciated smile.gif

Oh, an yes, ya can join ISH, no probs! I'll update me "old" site when I get back onto me other puter (which should be tonight).
leopold
Oh, great... the servers are down at the mo, so no site updates fer me this mornin...

*grumbles*

Pab, I updated the page, an I'll upload it when the web server comes back online.

Honestly, I may as well host it meself if this keeps up...
leopold
Hoorah!!! The site's back up again!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

So Pab, ya got yer place in ISH sorted, dude!
kidvicious2punk
yay!!

it sounds all weird when u say dude...lol
leopold
Partly a bump, an partly a request...

Pab has been doin some work on the redesign for me (much thankage goes to him!) an now I should be in a position where I can expand the place into summat bigger an more fun!

I seem to remember an ISH dictionary bein mentioned... I reckon that's a go-er, so it's gonna be in. But I need some more... So, people, please plonk any ideas ya may have in this 'ere thread. Pweeeeease?
leopold
Does anyone care any more? Am I wastin me time on this?? Should I jus wrap it up now an do summat else instead???

*sigh*
LoLo
I care! Otherwise I wouldnt have spent all that time on that thing that I sent you earlier. lol
leopold
Erm... sorry lo. Yerself excepted, obviously... smile.gif

I guess I'm jus feelin a bit like me efforts are unappreciated, s'all...
CommieBastard
Leo baby, the site's great, and we love you for it! Just look at all the votes you got in the Forumite Awards! Your work is anything but unappreciated.
leopold
Well, yeah, there is that...

But I was after some creative input, cos I'm devoid of both ideas an time. I want the site to be for everyone, so it's only fair I give 'em the chance to put ideas forward. All I want is some indication that there's summat worth doin on it...
CrissiLove
I love the work that all of you are doing on the Ish website!!!! I also really appreciate all of the time and effort that ya are putting into it! smile.gif

I would like to help if I could.... but as I'm sure ya have heard me say plenty of times before... *zero creativity here* lol

Anyways, good going on the website!!!!! smile.gif
leopold
Awwwwww, thanks smile.gif I wasn't after praise, you guys, but it's much appreciated smile.gif

Crissi, if ya ever have even the slightest spark of "Oooh, that might be good on the ISH site!" then let me know. That sometimes happens to me, anyways...
gerbilfromhell
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 17 2003, 08:25 PM)
Well, yeah, there is that...

But I was after some creative input, cos I'm devoid of both ideas an time. I want the site to be for everyone, so it's only fair I give 'em the chance to put ideas forward. All I want is some indication that there's summat worth doin on it...

of COURSE it's woth it leo, we lurve the ish site! it's ishtasticly uber-schway biggrin.gif
hmm..... creative ideas *thinks*................... welp, this's a REALLY tiny idea, but maybe put a link to this thread in the 'links portal' section...... and maybe links to important ish-related threads........ and that's all i can think of. you're site's just too uber-schway to improve much on biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
I was at the fridge when I thought of this, and I literally ran back to the computer thinking "Gotta tell leo!"

ISH sightings! If you see "ish" anywhere in the real world, or on unrelated websites or whatever, take a photo and send it in! The best could win an ISH t-shirt or something...
leopold
Oooh, nice idea commie! smile.gif Could be a definite winner there!

Gerbil... I'm remodellin the site a lot soon (if pab ever gets back with the new design) so there's gonna be tons o room fer stuff to put up. A link back here is a good idea, though...
LoLo
How about Ish Story time. A place where members write stories and submit them to the site for being posted?
Rattgirl
I haven't looked at all the posts so I don't know if this has already been suggested or started...but an Ish art gallery would be cool! Where we could submit drawings or graphics or our favorite tags or what have you for display.
leopold
Yes! Yes! Both of ya! ISH stories an artwork! Nice suggestions there, lo an wheee smile.gif

/me hugs lo, wheee, commie and gerbil for their ideas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.