Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The League Of Ish
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
CommieBastard
Whenever I look at the URL, I think "League of Fish"...I'm going insaner.
leopold
/me puts another mark against the tally of people who said that

Aaaaaaaaiiiind... four!
Debaser
i feel sorry for the poor sod who really is looking for the league o' fish...

hey, that's an idea...a whole page dedicated to fish, for that poor bugger who WAS looking for the league o' fish...

...i'll get my coat...
CommieBastard
Ah, the joys of being on a board full of certified nutcases. Who else hallucinated fish?
leopold
Heh... not a bad idea, d-man! I love the irreverance muchly!! laugh.gif
gerbilfromhell
and to add to the irrelevance, i searched for legue of fish on google, and got this
leopold
Ya got a QPR fan site from that???? How bizarre! laugh.gif
gerbilfromhell
that's the internet for ya laugh.gif
emiliza
on my name can you add my site to it? pweese pweese.
http://www.geocities.com/x_emiliza
Cath Sparrow
Can I be in the League of ISH I did vote?
I could be Fashion Designer for you and design really funkyISH robes!! rolleyes.gif
CommieBastard
Can you link my name to Urban Freakshow?
leopold
Oooh, updates! Liza, Commie, I'll get onto those as soon as I can!

Cath - sure ya can join, sweetie smile.gif I think ya may even be member number 60! Again, site will be updated as soon as I get chance...

The League of ISH - Ya know ya wanna!! laugh.gif
leopold
Okay then... as promised... cath added, commie an liza updated links...

I've updated the "update" page too, dun forget to check it out... an also sign the guestbook! Big thanks goin out to all signees in the next update, so make me work dudes!!! laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
Yay I get to be tha fashionDesigner of ISH. Thanks Leo. biggrin.gif

ALL HALE ISH!!!!

*Uber Hugs*
kidvicious2punk
/never finished the leo lurve site...lol

yay newest ishites!! biggrin.gif
Rattgirl
QUOTE (Cath @ Aug 19 2003, 04:51 PM)
Yay I get to be tha fashionDesigner of ISH. Thanks Leo. biggrin.gif

ALL HALE ISH!!!!

*Uber Hugs*

what a great idea!!! Ish can use some good fashion advice...
kidvicious2punk
yep leo needs some new styling tips wink.gif
leopold
Do I? I'm sittin here in a Pierre Cardin suit wi Paul Smith cufflinks an a CK watch... do I need help?

Yes...

Well, cath... haute couture me, baby!! laugh.gif

Oh, an here's another bit o news... Pab has reached the point wi the design where it's pretty much ready fer me to roll with! w00t!!! It looks blimmin gorgeous, an to top it off the subtitle changes on every reload, an I can add as many as I like!!!

Take a butchers here!
Cath Sparrow
Not bad suit but the Cool 1 to go for at the moment is Botang (sp?) (it what Morpheus was wearing in Matrix) and shirt do you have to go with the suit were talking full ansonable here cuff links cool! watch not so sure about?? & dont for get shoes suits look abit duff with bare feet! biggrin.gif
Rattgirl
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 20 2003, 02:21 AM)
Do I? I'm sittin here in a Pierre Cardin suit wi Paul Smith cufflinks an a CK watch... do I need help?

*raises an eyebrow* you're wearing that and not sharing? Where are the pics??
Rattgirl
OMG that's adorable!!!! And that intro is funny as hell, Much Congrats to you!

*still lobbying for an official Members of Ish gallery....take your pic, pics of the members or art members have done. *
kidvicious2punk
ooh good idea whee!!
leopold
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Aug 22 2003, 02:27 AM)
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 20 2003, 02:21 AM)
Do I?  I'm sittin here in a Pierre Cardin suit wi Paul Smith cufflinks an a CK watch... do I need help?

*raises an eyebrow* you're wearing that and not sharing? Where are the pics??

OOooooh, ya dun want pics of me!! Do ya? huh.gif

OMG that's adorable!!!! And that intro is funny as hell, Much Congrats to you!

Thanks, but congrats be to pab, he's done all the work so far.

*still lobbying for an official Members of Ish gallery....take your pic, pics of the members or art members have done. *

If we can get enough people to participate, then yeah, it's a winner. Also, I was thinkin people could put forth pics where ISH is prevalent, such as a signpost sayin "Reddish". Which I think I'll do, now I mention it, cos I live near such a sign...
leopold
Okay then, ISH lovers, people who care an anyone who wandered in here by accident... There's a new design fer the ISH website under way. If anyone would like to check out the work done so far, please step in this direction.

Please note it's far from finished at the moment. No, member links aren't in place yet, but they will be. The guestbook will be revamped (possibly into a forum, I've not decided yet) and the other sections will be brought online as and when I get time.

For now, the old site is still the "live" one, but I've linked to this new one so you can all see that things are happening.

Anyone who has any comments, good or bad, on the new layout, please post or PM me!
LoLo
Did I forget phoenix and happy bunnies things for the new member page?
LoLo
There I think I rememdied that Leo, just have to use em now.
VVes
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 24 2003, 07:18 PM)
Anyone who has any comments, good or bad, on the new layout, please post or PM me!

"jaw drop, drools" ishh shooo pretty!!! I had to wipe my eyes I got so emo...

The intro screen izzzz kixazz...the layout does remind me a little of Star Trek: The next generation's "Enterprise" look... two eyebrows up!!!

---gooo Paaabbbb!!!
---goooo Leooo!!!

[this post edited by lolo : pab not me]
Phyllis
That is freaking awesome, you guys.

*dances around in her pretty new jester costume*

Hurray! smile.gif And the layout looks great too!

Great work! happy.gif
VVes
QUOTE (VVes @ Aug 24 2003, 09:28 PM)
---gooo Paaabbbb!!!
---goooo Leooo!!![/color]

[this post edited by lolo : pab not me]

... yes my bad...!

... well you at least did the logo design, correct, Lo?
LoLo
nope that was pab as well.
VVes
QUOTE (LoLo @ Aug 24 2003, 11:04 PM)

roger that Houston...

again, great work Pab! smile.gif If you guys actually improve anything on it, it's an extra treat
for the eye candy dish!
leopold
QUOTE (LoLo @ Aug 25 2003, 05:04 AM)

Liar! You were there with the design, lo... pab just took it an tweaked it a tad! And ya did do all that work sortin out the member pics too. Credit where it's due, lo...

Pab has done a great job on the layout, an he had to put up wi Mr Perfectionist here tellin him to tewak this and resize that... I think it looks pretty spiffy! The only downside is that now I'm gonna hafta put in summat worthy of it...
LoLo
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 25 2003, 03:36 AM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Aug 25 2003, 05:04 AM)

Liar! You were there with the design, lo... pab just took it an tweaked it a tad! And ya did do all that work sortin out the member pics too. Credit where it's due, lo...

I say that was pab, because yes I did get all the imperfect designs down, lol, but when it came down to it in the end pab finished and made the resulting logo. I like the logo that came out. In fact I think it's perfect and exactly what you wanted. I didn't make it though so I didn't want to take credit away from pab.

Yes I did do all the member pics, but I didn't think VVes was talking about those.
leopold
Honestly, what ARE you like?? Pab took the design ya worked on an polished it a bit... but you took it 90% there, so ya get credit anyway. Or at least ya do from me tongue.gif

Test site now has member page links in it. You'll prolly have noticed by now that links on the body of the page are in yellow... which reminds me, I'd best alter the "About the League" page before people get confused...
leopold
Actually, thinkin about it, the new site is pretty much ready for action... I'll be takin it down fer a little while, an when it comes back up it's gonna be a brand spankin shiny new site!! Woohoo!!! biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
Boy oh boy is that ever a spiffy intro, leo baby.
leopold
I know, I know... I'm so pleased how that came out, I really am! Pab's played a blinder there biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
And so are the other two intros. Nice work, my man.
leopold
Ya like the 3rd one? Pab an I aren't so sure about it... but I guess it can stay fer those who like it.

I guess I'd best search fer some content now! laugh.gif
CommieBastard
The third may lack the ishtasticness of the first two, but it's pretty spiffy in its own right.

Edit: And I love the pictures of us you found! Nice Low Priest there...
leopold
I love the fact yer usin "ish" in everyday words, like "ishtastic". That's soooo goin in the ISH dictionary!
CommieBastard
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 25 2003, 06:55 PM)
I love the fact yer usin "ish" in everyday words, like "ishtastic". That's soooo goin in the ISH dictionary!

I'm sure that's where I got it from...I know somebody said it. I don't deserve the credit for this one, I'm afraid.
leopold
Ya prolly saw someone like Gerbil or Kidvish use it... they use it lots!

The ISH dictionary is currently an embryonic thought in me head, but soon enough, my friend, soon enough...
CommieBastard
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 25 2003, 06:58 PM)
The ISH dictionary is currently an embryonic thought in me head, but soon enough, my friend, soon enough...

I'm sure there was a thread for it...
leopold
Is there?? I dun remember seein one... I know someone mentioned it once, an I asked fer some input, but other than that, no, I dun think there is.
CommieBastard
Searches reveal nothing...dammit, I know there was one...the first post kept getting edited to add everyone's submissions..."ishtastic" and "schway" were there...grrr, why can't I find it?

Edit: Right, I was thinking of the Matazone Dictionary, which is here.
gerbilfromhell
hmmm..... there's no 'schway' or 'meh'...... i'd post them there but, well. meh. biggrin.gif
oh, and leo, could'ya put like the 'ish-ness rivalry' on the ish page somewhere (or maybe like a page about the ness death cult, or i dunno.... somethin like that. maybe in your page 'about the legue of ish'. like you could put 'after awhile, two main groups emerged. the 'ish' supporters and the 'ness' supporters. and soon the groups became so big that the thread just wasn't big enough for the both of them laugh.gif so they both left and started the 'legue of ish' and the 'ness death cult'. etc. etc .) and maybe somethin about words you form with 'ish' like 'ishtasticly schway' and 'greatnish'
LoLo
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Aug 25 2003, 10:52 AM)

I actually tried to make those a good size so if someone decides that they want to use them as their avatar they may. biggrin.gif
leopold
QUOTE (LoLo @ Aug 26 2003, 03:28 AM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Aug 25 2003, 10:52 AM)

I actually tried to make those a good size so if someone decides that they want to use them as their avatar they may. biggrin.gif

Yep, those are available fer use as avs if anyone wishes - but with one request: Please don't hotlink to them! I've not got unlimited bandwidth on my League of ISH site, and I'd like it to stay up 100% of the time!

If there's enough demand fer these to be available. I do have a little piece of unlimited bandwidth space I could use. It's normally used fer hostin my (and a few other peoples) avs, and I guess with a little tweakefyin I could offer it as a general service...
Rattgirl
......omg the pics are cool! *LMAO* so do I get a picture of Rain Man for mine?

...um...unsure.gif...I'm still a member right?.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.