Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emo Support Group
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Pikasyuu
Hi. I'm Katii. And I'm .. half emo.

/me goes to cry
Debaser
/me sheepishly shuffles in and takes a seat...

hi...i'm dayan...and...erm...i've been emo for the last couple of months now...it all started off innocently enough, with one jimmy eat world album...but that wasn't enough...

/me cries, and then starts to write a song about it...
hinsley
/me walks in with a banana in her pocket

YOU ALL CONVERT TO SKA NOW OR I SHOOT YOU ALL!!!
Debaser
/me could see this coming...

look at these poor people! they're VOLUNTARILY listening to the get up kids! feel sorry for them! they need time to realise what they've been doing and to rehabilitate, not for some weirdo with bananas telling them to convert to ska (no offence... laugh.gif )
Pikasyuu
Been ska longer than half emo. Mmm.. ska.. =)
Debaser
feh.

there should be some kind of official government campaign against emo...
hinsley
lol, wats wrong with bananas? lol. happy.gif
Debaser
and now...it breeds on it's own!!

/me has no life
Rattgirl
so....this is the point where the sillly n00b comes in and says, "What's emo???"

*ahem*

::Walks in hesitantly....looks around.....::

"What's emo?"
hinsley
emo is a type of punk. all the lyrics are about love, sadness or anger, and its all quite meh.

go downlaod some off kazaa. biggrin.gif
Rattgirl
ummmmmm......sounds like Weezer.......

eek....
Debaser
yup, weezer are emo...
porcelainwarrior
i isnt emo but i love and support all of you who are you big wusses smile.gif especially D
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Debaser @ Jun 29 2003, 05:46 PM)

/me has no life

truely the sadest place on earth..... <walks away>
kidvicious2punk
um...im mel and i love emo so wutcha gonna do about it?!
arrgh...uh..ya...
Debaser
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 30 2003, 12:03 AM)
QUOTE (Debaser @ Jun 29 2003, 05:46 PM)

/me has no life

truely the sadest place on earth..... <walks away>

you know you wanna sign up...even if only to throw rocks at some emo kids...

and kidvicious, the first step to rehabilitation is admitting you have a problem tongue.gif
cheese is funny
i would throw some rocks at the emo kids.. but... then more songs would be written when they start crying... and there are more then enough songs being written as is....
nordelen
hi, im nord, and im part emo ( weezer, jimmy eats world,). im also into alot of nu metal that seems to have emo ethics like five pointe 0, 36 crazyfists, staind and so on. i need help. i've tried to break away from these whinny boys by investing my time in isis, cult of luna, norma jean and brutal truth but i cant seem to escape it.

help me........

oh please god help me..........
cheese is funny
everyone go to emo support.. you all need it..
sizzlieswix
*clears throat*

i ..i..have been told i'm part emo...i'm not sure though...
espresso_bean
*throws mini-boulders at the emo kids*
chester
to be perfectly honest, i have no idea what the hell emo really is. i hear it all the time, but i still dont get it. i hear bands being labeled it, but what is emo? i come to this emo support group to hear of the goodness and evil of emo. (and also for somebody to explain to me what it is...)
espresso_bean
emo-short for emotional. cheesy, overrated emotional music with a "punk"(term is used loosly) twist. jimmy eat world is an example of emo, also weezer.
chester
oh, man. i love jimmy eat world.
espresso_bean
*points and laughs* emo kid. (kidding ya)
chester
well, i dont think i need a support group. im perfectly fine with the music i like even if it is emo. i assume all of the following are emo; weezer, ozma, jimmy eat world, phantom planet, harvey danger, the eels, and rilo kiley. if im wrong tell me. i can join the support group to make you feel better and to show you some of the good aspects of emo.

proudly,
kelly j.
leopold
I have a confession to make...

I like "Buddy Holly" by Weezer...

/me breaks down in floods of guilty tears
Sarah the Spider
Hey, emo kids are cool. biggrin.gif lml

Without emo kids...um...without emo kids...um...Kleenex would go out of business...

Bad Emo Joke of The Day:

How many emo kids does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None. They are crying in the corner.

biggrin.gif
chester
i resent that.... i just have allergies...*tear*

leave me alone,
kelly j.

ps:was that emo-ish? eh? eh? was i good?
cheese is funny
this is true... we do need kleenex... hmmm... emo kids do have a use in the world... lol
chester
according to your poll, cheese, youre helping with the kleenex situation too.

only joking with you,
kelly j.
cheese is funny
blink.gif

ohmy.gif

wow.. im amazed other people look at the results... =P hehe
Jaq
I don't cry when I listen to emo...I just like listening to it. I swear, I'm not in denial.
cheese is funny
sure your not... we believe you jaq... really....
Jaq
*sniffles* do not! Really!

I like Weezer, but some of the lyrics creep me out

ex: i want a girl who will laugh for no one else
When I'm away she puts her makeup on the shelf.

excuse me?! the song goes on to say he also doesn't want her to go out without him. Um...does this sound a tad possesive to anyone else? Might as well wrap her in paper stuff her in a box when you're not there because you don't want a real woman buddy, you want a blow up doll.

/me mutters under breath about stupid men
cheese is funny
i dont think he means it litterally like that... i think it means something along the lines of wanting someone to love him, and have him not worry about her cheating on him... but... i could be wrong...
Jaq
I know that's what he means to say, but it seems like he's being posessive and weird. Either that or he's exaggerating.

anyways. Lead of Weezer = weird
chester
weezer's my FREAKING favorite band. they rock.
weezer, ozma and they might be giants...
Jaq
QUOTE (chester @ Jul 1 2003, 10:47 PM)
weezer's my FREAKING favorite band. they rock.
weezer, ozma and they might be giants...

TMBG!! Holy Freak!! They are super great! I love those crazzy guys!!
I think my favourite song by them has got to be Minimum Wage. hee.
chester
im all for ana ng. have you ever seen um live?
Jaq
Oh, I love ana ng. That has got to be one of their best songs. It made me cry when I heard it and I don't cry for songs or movies or books. It's such a weird and interesting song. All of their songs are. I really like "birdhouse in your soul" and "road movie to Berlin"

no, I haven't seen them in concert, have you?
chester
for me birthday a couple months ago. they were great.
x.soundoftearinglove-notes.x
This is enougher one of those boring places were u all debate against each other meh . . . well i'm emo im just not scared to show my emOtions! and im not a full emo kid cos i dont cry other everything and yes somedays im happy! but i get hurt a lot its nice to actully allow it to be okay to cry and let my feelings out! cos emos cool! im also skater im no sterotype its just where i seem to fit in is emo and a bit skater! emO music supports me it lets me feel that im not alone in this world we all have these emotions! and u losers who go against people just cos they feel comfortable with crying and letting they emotions out! and i agree some people go too far and over top but its they problem it obviously they way of dealing with things! Go EmO! here take this test your be suprised: http://n24.anaxified.com/
Novander
QUOTE (x.soundoftearinglove-notes.x @ Mar 15 2005, 01:49 PM)
This is enougher one of those boring places were u all debate against each other meh . . . well i'm emo im just not scared to show my emOtions! and im not a full emo kid cos i dont cry other everything and yes somedays im happy! but i get hurt a lot its nice to actully allow it to be okay to cry and let my feelings out! cos emos cool! im also skater im no sterotype its just where i seem to fit in is emo and a bit skater! emO music supports me it lets me feel that im not alone in this world we all have these emotions! and u losers who go against people just cos they feel comfortable with crying and letting they emotions out! and i agree some people go too far and over top but its they problem it obviously they way of dealing with things! Go EmO! here take this test your be suprised: http://n24.anaxified.com/
Before I continue, let me make a few things clear: I like emo music. I like some emo style. I look vaguely 'emo' if such a thing is possible, and I've done my share of emo research, so I've got a pretty good idea of what emo is. I've got a livejournal. I have in fact attempted writing poetry, and no you can't read those attempts.

With that in mind: wtf?

Reading through this thread, its fairly obvious that no-one has anything against emo. You're not afraid to show your emotions? Good for you, but don't assume that everyone else is, just because they don't own the new Dashboard album.

All you're doing here is reinforcing the stereotypes people have of the 'emo-kid.'

Now try to relax. Hold those floods of tears in and repeat after me "Its all about the music. Its all about the music. Its all about the music." We're actually all nice people here, if you give us a chance.

I'm doing a special offer on the letters 'y' and 'o' at the moment. And please feel free to use some capital letters occaisionally.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'd just like to back up what Novander said and request that you type words as you would find them in a dictionary, preferably an Oxford English one... not urban dictionary!
ravein
wow.. we are talking about a thread from Jul 1 2003. Are people still emo now-a-days? Back in my day you just bottled it all up. You walked it off. There was none of this crying crap! You listen to your Coltrain albums and shot up smack like an adult is supposed to! wink.gif rolleyes.gif
meh. . . okay i agree but hey no need to get stressy i hate sterotypes! i suck but so does everything! blame it on the gravity! jeeezzzzzzzz! erm . . sad.gif emO: "It's not a fashionstatement, its a deathwish" i do cry alot but i have depression! i just dont feel satisfied with anything nomore! "killmekillmequickly" i love writing lyrics!
and i didnt exaclty bring it up juat relied to an old post after all it is an emo support group i need support!!
mad.gif sad.gif
xmytearshavemademebloodstainedx
just because they don't own the new Dashboard album.

All you're doing here is reinforcing the stereotypes people have of the 'emo-kid.'

Now try to relax. Hold those floods of tears in and repeat after me "Its all about the music. Its all about the music. Its all about the music." We're actually all nice people here, if you give us a chance.

U fool i dont even own dashboard confessionals new album! Ive been through a lot more then u could even imagine and i havent cried i was actully to depressed even to cry i starred into space for days and days. and i cant stand sterotypes! meh and i love emO life i feel im not alone in the world of mixed emotions and im not so young teen crying cos my hamster died!

smile.gif now lets be happy and move on and help support us emO groupies!
Usurper MrTeapot
Every fibre of my being wishes for me to flame. But I shall be the bigger Teapot and not. Instead I'll warn you against Tear Shaving, if you used proper water (as the salt content will be a little painful if you do nick yourself) and shaving foam/cream then you wont have the problem.

Damn emo kids and their lack of shaving skills...

Edit to make less spammy: Emo is so 2003-4. The new thing is being Trendy and Indie. Perhaps a new thread in the media forum is needed and this thread should be left to rest rather than being revived after 1 and a bit years.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Edit to make less spammy: Emo is so 2003-4. The new thing is being Trendy and Indie. Perhaps a new thread in the media forum is needed and this thread should be left to rest rather than being revived after 1 and a bit years.

No no no - Chav is where it's at. Everyone says so. Apparently, if you're not Chav, you're jealous because of this. It says so on the TV.

*looks innocent*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.