Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Matazone Get Together
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
WeeJ
Bloody hell! Talk about a thread going AWOL roflmao.... laugh.gif
Jaq
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 1 2003, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Jaq @ Jul 1 2003, 10:16 PM)
Um...any takers for being infected with the ebola virus?

Erm, I assume the con extends to us NOT actually bein infected?? unsure.gif

Bah. It won't be convincing unless someone has a horrible disease. Oh! What about leprosy? That can be easily faked and can be really gruesome!

/me leaves thread before further soiling the good name of OPLI
chester
gotta point there.... who wants aids?!
Phyllis
i have psoriasis (sp?..gah).....will that work? lol.
chester
i have... really bad allergies....
leopold
I have lots of e-wives an e-wimmin... I could be a serial e-polygamist, an you chicks could come on all hurt an such, an the guys could come on all dischuffed...

But please dun hit me face...
Pikasyuu
Poor Leo ..

You should seek counseling for that!
Phyllis
lmao...ooo good idea leo.

but hrm you'd have to pretend ya had e-hubbies too....cause don't want just the girls to get a free trip!
Jaq
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 1 2003, 10:58 PM)
I have lots of e-wives an e-wimmin... I could be a serial e-polygamist, an you chicks could come on all hurt an such, an the guys could come on all dischuffed...

But please dun hit me face...

Oh yeah! But that would be more suited to Jerry Springer. But that don't mean we couldn't get together after the show for beers and the like. I hear that even the most shoddy of talk shows pays for your airfare.
He could do some show on how the internet warps people's sense of reality. Like the Matrix!!

*must. Stop. Watching. Matrix*
chester
ooo! i can be an out of control teen and you could be my gang!.leo could be my tramatized mother who want to send me to boot-camp!

hm..that might work,
kelly j.
Phyllis
mother?

erm..but...leo is a guy....

wow that'd make it even more springer-esque.

what city is springer filmed in??
leopold
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 1 2003, 11:02 PM)
lmao...ooo good idea leo.

but hrm you'd have to pretend ya had e-hubbies too....cause don't want just the girls to get a free trip!

Hell no! Jus get the e-wives to have other e-hubbies too! That'll fix it!
leopold
QUOTE (chester @ Jul 1 2003, 11:08 PM)
leo could be my tramatized mother who want to send me to boot-camp!

Could I??

Unless I suddenly became a chick, I doubt that'd work... wink.gif laugh.gif
Pikasyuu
That's evil, Leo, evil!

Ah.. only in'na forums..
leopold
Hey, I'm tryin to swing free flights here!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Failing that we could send a crack team of forumites to kidnap the queen of a major royal (we all know how lax security is) and demand and hefty ransom which would mean that we could all meet in like cuba or something...stop me if sound a little mad
espresso_bean
what fun..........i've ne'er been to england. would love it i'm sure!
porcelainwarrior
ok if this did happen ... would there be an age limit? and does anyone have a floor? or a car with a roomy boot? tongue.gif
porcelainwarrior
prays that tara can drive and doesnt mind a stowaway ...
WeeJ
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Jul 1 2003, 11:19 PM)
ok if this did happen ... would there be an age limit? and does anyone have a floor? or a car with a roomy boot? tongue.gif

I don't see why there would have to be an age limit as long as you look after yourself - ie--don't drink if you're under age and the such.

Once again...it depends if people are interested and if people can make it and we would need to decide what we would do whilst all together.
porcelainwarrior
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 1 2003, 11:22 PM)
Once again...it depends if people are interested and if people can make it and we would need to decide what we would do whilst all together.

erm ... talk only with real words? and general prodding and going "ooh, your much smaller than i thought..." but then again i have terrible ideas ... erm - rounders and morris dancing!
WeeJ
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Jul 1 2003, 11:26 PM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 1 2003, 11:22 PM)

erm ... talk only with real words? and general prodding and going "ooh, your much smaller than i thought..." but then again i have terrible ideas ... erm - rounders and morris dancing!

Perfect. Glad thats sorted then. Just need to actually organise summat now.

aaaaaaand go.
porcelainwarrior
im off school for six weeks as are the other brit kids, and i think i speak for us all (well me and D anyways) when i say that we are lazy and hence will be dping muchly nowt ... except for Dfest of course ... after that is last two weeks in october or last two weeks in december (unfortunately also known as christmas though ...)
WeeJ
It'd have to be on a Saturday so worky people could go...
chester
im still up fpr the talk show idea.... but who all would come?there are 400 something members, but only, like, 30 active ones. hm... we could be an afriacn tribe that was separated when poatchers mistakes us for ... um.... big foot. now oprah, or montel, or even springer could reassemble us. oooo its could be a sketch on conan o'obrien! but hes not too rich... lets stick with oprah....

kelly j.
Debaser
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Jul 1 2003, 04:01 PM)
but, if yer all serious about doing this, ill give a hand in organisation. hell, i may be meeting the infamous d-man pretty soon! oh and i already knew prez...

sorry to break the flow of conversation, but any word on that, tara?
porcelainwarrior
tara not signed inn no more i dont think ... not sure ... /me goes to check
Phyllis
i think we'd have a better chance with springer and the e-wives/e-hubbies thing. seems like somethin he might go for.

*is seriously gonna check into this..lmfao*

hrm..i wonder if they'll need proof? lol. leo would have to do a lot of lovey dovey e-mailing, i think. biggrin.gif and then we could forward the emails to springer. they could be all the same letter really..hehe.
Phyllis
this is from the official jerry springer website:

GUEST SEARCH
Does this sound like you or someone you know? Maybe you could end up on the next Jerry Springer.

Do you have a shocking story to tell? Would you like to be a guest on the Jerry Springer Show? If so, please call Nicole at toll-free 1-888-321-5376 or respond to : jsproducer7@aol.com

My name is Toby and Iím a Producer for the Jerry Springer Show. I am interested in some feedback on whether of not you think Steve should have his own show. Please email me or call me at 1-888-321-5376. Please contact me if you want Steve to come to your rescue for anything from an out of control teen to someone needing a makeover. respond to : jsproducer7@aol.com

Do you have a strange and unusual story to tell? If so, respond to : jsproducer5@aol.com

Is your sister sleeping with your boyfriend? If so, respond to : jsproducer6@aol.com

Are you or do you know of someone who weighs more that 900 pounds? If so, please call Producer Gina at toll-free 1-888-321-5370 or respond to : jsproducer4@aol.com

Is your life better than a soap opera? If so, respond to : jsproducer2@aol.com

Are you torn between two lovers? If you would like to be a guest on the show please call toll-free 1-888-321-5360 or respond to : jsproducer3@aol.com

biggrin.gif
porcelainwarrior
ok ... i dont understand pounds too well but bloody hell! 900 pounds? i dont think the uk is big enough for that ... thats sooo unhealthy
Phyllis
i think it'd be somewhere around 409 kg

but i could be wrong..been a long time since i had to convert anything like that. is it 2.2 kg/ 1 pound? hrm.
Rattgirl
*sniffles* I can't believe my mommie was on and I missed her....*sigh*

anyway...

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of ISCA....('tis a text-only bbs, big in the Midwest and in some small areas of Europe, from what I've seen)...it's actually based out of Iowa City (where I am), and every year, spring and fall, they have ISCANic's at City Park where everyone who can make it gets together, eats bucketloads of food, talks, plays games (usually flag football and mock swordfighting, but that's just the kind of geeks we are rolleyes.gif), and then afterwards there are usually one or two parties at some unlucky souls' houses where everyone drinks like fish and many tales are created and rehashed for the following months.

It's a lot of fun biggrin.gif

Anyway, we have people regularly attending the Nic's coming from places like Sweden and Germany, (although the majority of the folk are from the US) so it's probably possible to make a MataNic...just have to find discount airfare for all us poor folk cool.gif
racingaway13
i want to meet people.... but i live in maryland. its too far to meet crazi not to mention the fact that we have thought up about every single plan to finagle it but the most plausable one is still waiting for teleportation technology or a drivers liscence and car...
though i remember reading in the prolouge to a douglas adams book about the book "see europe for under $5 a day".... hummmm
i dont think im in that socio-economic bracket....

honestly, how hard could teleportation be!!!
*picks up his book "quantum mechanics for dummies"*
*his head explodes*
Phyllis
lmao...i would SERIOUSLY do the jerry springer thing tongue.gif

would anyone else though? hehe. i'd be amazed if we even made it onto the show, but that'd be hilarious if we did. could break chairs over each other's head. mm fun.
Sarah the Spider
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Jul 1 2003, 07:29 PM)
*sniffles* I can't believe my mommie was on and I missed her....*sigh*

anyway...

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of ISCA....('tis a text-only bbs, big in the Midwest and in some small areas of Europe, from what I've seen)...it's actually based out of Iowa City (where I am), and every year, spring and fall, they have ISCANic's at City Park where everyone who can make it gets together, eats bucketloads of food, talks, plays games (usually flag football and mock swordfighting, but that's just the kind of geeks we are rolleyes.gif), and then afterwards there are usually one or two parties at some unlucky souls' houses where everyone drinks like fish and many tales are created and rehashed for the following months.

It's a lot of fun biggrin.gif

Anyway, we have people regularly attending the Nic's coming from places like Sweden and Germany, (although the majority of the folk are from the US) so it's probably possible to make a MataNic...just have to find discount airfare for all us poor folk cool.gif

You live in Iowa? WOW...that is cool. (I am assuming Iowa City is in Iowa...) My whole dad's side of the family is from there, and I am actually going to see the good ole' gang in a couple of weeks.

Note To Everyone: If you live in Iowa...you are probably related to me. Us Abeles have some pretty deep roots up there...
Rattgirl
No way, you're gonna be in Iowa???? Where at? and when? 'cuz it'd be damn cool if it was around my birthday 'cuz then you could celebrate me birfday wif me tongue.gif

HI MOMMIE!!!!!
Sarah the Spider
HI MY LOVELY N00B!

I'm going the week of the 21. I am not sure what all we are doing but I can let you know.
Rattgirl
groovy...that's the weekend after me b-day but tha's ok. Are you actually gonna be in the IC area? If so that'd be so insanely freaky-but-cool blink.gif
Little Green Goth
Acctually we don't really need to pretend to be brothers or sisters, even though that's all cool and everything. Oprah has been known to bring groupes of people together who have suported eachother over the years and just in my short time being here it's obvious that happens. You just need someone to come up with a convincing enough sob story.
CrissiLove
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 1 2003, 09:51 PM)
lmao...i would SERIOUSLY do the jerry springer thing tongue.gif

would anyone else though? hehe. i'd be amazed if we even made it onto the show, but that'd be hilarious if we did. could break chairs over each other's head. mm fun.

oohhh that would be fun!! lol I wanna yell and hit somebody with a chair! only for pretend.... I promise.... smile.gif
WeeJ
I don't think any one's actually serious about meeting up now considering this thread has dies a spammy death dry.gif

Oh well...I'll meet myself. I know me well and I won't be surprised at how short/tall I am when I get to meet me.

/me sniffs tea...I think someone's slipped summat funny in my beverage :/
hinsley
im gonna do the same, i deffo wont be disappointed in meeting me, and ill never have to leave myself so no stupid goodbyes.
WeeJ
i just thought people might be interested in meeting other forum people in a casual way...but never mind.
Pikasyuu
Right, to slip back on topic ..

It doesn't seem very possible, does it? And if it did, there'd be separate meetings for the UK folks and the 'Merica folks, which would be terribly, terribly sad, because I know that most people on here in America would be extremely dissapointed and not feel it was "the same" without meeting their brit/scot counterpart, channo, folks? Hey, we're all one close knit little forum. It would take a good deal of money and several months in advance in planning. Not LIKELY, but oh-so-possible.

Not to mention us underage with protective parents ...
WeeJ
QUOTE (syuu @ Jul 2 2003, 01:59 PM)
Right, to slip back on topic ..

It doesn't seem very possible, does it? And if it did, there'd be separate meetings for the UK folks and the 'Merica folks, which would be terribly, terribly sad, because I know that most people on here in America would be extremely dissapointed and not feel it was "the same" without meeting their brit/scot counterpart, channo, folks? Hey, we're all one close knit little forum. It would take a good deal of money and several months in advance in planning. Not LIKELY, but oh-so-possible.

Not to mention us underage with protective parents ...

Very good point...the amount of organising necessary would be ming boggling.

Shame though sad.gif Be nice to meet people IRL
Industrial Kybosh
I still intend to get a gathering in Manchester. I'm putting it off for now, just to see if I'll be able to have the house for meself later in the summer - that way there could be floor-kipping arrangements for long-haul travellers.

Failing that, I plan to pin leo down for a jar or two in the Thirsty Scholar. Word.
Rattgirl
*searches for discount airfare to England*

damn expensive overseas flights, anyway....
TigerLily013
well I actually EMAILED oprah. Anything is possible thats all i can say.
chester
wow. you rock.
Phyllis
hehe....what'd you say to her, tigerlily?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.