Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast (America) Meet-up
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Phyllis
okay now...think about where most people live and what place it'd be easiest for us all to get to...not just what would be the most fun tongue.gif

we're talking about this in chat now...and yeah i think 2010 is a pretty good goal...assuming we're all still lurking around here by then, lol. cause by then i'll have an actual job and not be a college student any more..so i'll have money....and uhm yeah! all the underaged people will (erm hopefully) be moved out and on their own.
cheese is funny
so cal...
LoLo
Sac its in the middle spot for everyone on the west coast, and then i dont have to go anywhere
kidvicious2punk
mexico isnt that far from anywhere in so cal really...

think of the glistening baja coast.....

and rivers of tequila!!!!

think dernit!! wink.gif
MoonlightSavingsTime
Sac for the same reasons Lolo mentioned. biggrin.gif
Phyllis
hehe i think you all should just travel to NYC in 2008 to save me the trouble of making 2 trips tongue.gif

but nah that's not highly likely...so....sacramento got my vote too for the same reasons as lo also smile.gif (well, except i WILL have to go somewhere..bah humbug)
chester
i say we all meet at my house! hows that? i have a pool.... you know you want to....

kelly j.
CrissiLove
I don't live on the west coast... so I'm not real sure if I was supposed to actually vote or not... lol but I did anyways... hehe I picked Sacramento... erm... I don't know why really... I guess just because I have heard LoLo talk about it before... and it was on the top of the list tongue.gif lol
chester
hm.... i dont live in sacreneto. i live in the freaking majove desert. it is 108 right now! i wish i lived in sacremento. sacremento, land of rainbows and lollypops...

kelly j.
Phyllis
well you don't have to live on the west coast to come, crissi! it's just the place that we're planning on havin it. but anyone who can make it is welcome, of course. biggrin.gif
CrissiLove
yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I wanna go! smile.gif California, here I come!!!! ....in about 6 1/2 years... hehe
kidvicious2punk
ya..but this way we rnt going to be completely rushed or anything..and i will be growed up!!like lolo...lol.... wink.gif

vote mexico.... ph34r.gif
NummyNums
i say georgia or florida.. cali is way to far for me and yeah i dunno i love atlanta and florida fare is always cheap
LoLo
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Jul 9 2003, 04:08 PM)
yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!  I wanna go! smile.gif  California, here I come!!!! ....in about 6 1/2 years... hehe

I think I could get my mom to let you crash at my place, since you're not a guy wanting sex from me. lol

although in I better not be living with her in 6 and 1/2 years. lol
CrissiLove
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 9 2003, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Jul 9 2003, 04:08 PM)
yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I wanna go! smile.gif California, here I come!!!! ....in about 6 1/2 years... hehe

I think I could get my mom to let you crash at my place, since you're not a guy wanting sex from me. lol

although in I better not be living with her in 6 and 1/2 years. lol

hehe thank you, LoLo! smile.gif I promise I won't hit on you.... hehe And if you ever come to Texas then you know you can stay with me!
Phyllis
QUOTE (NummyNums @ Jul 9 2003, 04:28 PM)
i say georgia or florida.. cali is way to far for me and yeah i dunno i love atlanta and florida fare is always cheap

uh...WEST coast was specified for a reason. it's where all of us live who started talking about meeting up. so it's just more convenient. we'd of course LOVE to meet people from other areas, but it's just easier to meet people in your general area. biggrin.gif
MistressAlti
In six years, I'll fly wherever the hell you want. Doesn't matter where. It'll be fun.
Phyllis
hehe yay! i agree, it'll be very fun...even tho lo will be over 30. (i will not, however...hehe)

sacramento is still winning....that seems like a pretty good idea to me.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 9 2003, 08:57 PM)
hehe yay! i agree, it'll be very fun...even tho lo will be over 30. (i will not, however...hehe)

Me neither... I should be somewhere around 25 then...
Phyllis
even kidvicious will be 20 then.

that's why she wanted us to go to mexico...so she could drink..lol.
MistressAlti
rotfl! I'll buy her a drink if she needs.
Sun Tsu
Im not even from america, but i wanna go to mexico, so im in. laugh.gif tongue.gif
Phyllis
lol are you saying that if anywhere else except mexico wins, you won't come, sun tsu? sad.gif
Jonman
Party at Jonman Towers! WOO-HOO! You bring jelly, I'll supply the water balloons.

How about Hawaii next weekend, as I'll likely be there anyway? That's kind of west coast....
Phyllis
hehe.....send me a plane ticket, and i'll be there. wink.gif
CrissiLove
even tho lo will be over 30.

oh, my.... I will be too.... ohmy.gif lol
leopold
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Jul 10 2003, 09:40 PM)

Ah, 30 ain't so bad...

*thinks*

Crikey blimey, I'll be 39!!!! Jeezzz..... sad.gif

Still, I'm savin up now, so by 2010 I should have the fare...
kidvicious2punk
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 10 2003, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Jul 10 2003, 09:40 PM)

Ah, 30 ain't so bad...

*thinks*

Crikey blimey, I'll be 39!!!! Jeezzz..... sad.gif

Still, I'm savin up now, so by 2010 I should have the fare...

you may be 39..but you wont be a wrinkly grandfather turtle hermit guy

ill still wub you wub.gif

wait a tic....ill be 20 ohmy.gif
leopold
Awwww, that's so sweet of ya smile.gif

But I'm, like, nearly three times yer age, so I guess waitin till 2010 might be a good idea...
LoLo
in 2010 I will be 31, hopefully done with school, and maybe I won't be in cali anymore.....depends on jobs.

But I still say sacto! laugh.gif
cheese is funny
i say we do it earlier then 2010... at that point im gonna be 25.... and i doubt ill be living where i do now... and i dont want to miss this sad.gif
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 10 2003, 07:30 PM)
lol are you saying that if anywhere else except mexico wins, you won't come, sun tsu? sad.gif

heehee awww
*hug*

Im too young and far away to go anyway, i just heard mexico is great.....

But, if you threw it in, oh, say, dublin, i could walk to the party!
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jul 11 2003, 10:06 AM)
i say we do it earlier then 2010... at that point im gonna be 25.... and i doubt ill be living where i do now... and i dont want to miss this sad.gif

I agree that if it's going to be done that it should be done sooner. lol

Bah@skeptics! oh wait I am one. lol

I would like to attend a west coast mata meet and I do think that is one I could actually make, although again it depends on where on the west coast, the date, and the funds that I personally have available.

I'm skepticle because of meets planned with former chatters. They always talk about this big meet, and how we are going to all rent motel rooms, and get a conventions discounted rate and what not, then no one ever does the planning, or everyone gets frustrated because that one person they really wanted to go can't or won't go. For instance back in the day when I was still a regular chatter in Excite's fishbowl, we planned a big meet to be held in Nashville TN. I was going to suck it up and go, even though I had made this vow never to step foot on TN soil again. Perhaps I could ride my friend Jek into the motel room (piggy back style perverts) or just sit in the car the whole time. lol. Anyways there was a bunch of talk, nothing ever got done, and we never had our meet.

Of course here, we're talking west coast. I live on the west coast, I can make it to a meet on the west coast, as can many others. lol. Of course then there's the leftoutness though for those who can't, but I think some of us are feeling it as well with the UK mata meet. lol.

oh well, we'll see if anything goes down.
cheese is funny
well... i will TRY and get my drivers license next year... and it would make it alot easier for me to get where ever we are going to meet up... and i would be able to take chester and kidvicous with me... well... whatever is planned on i will try and go to...
Sun Tsu
Please have the party in ireland. sad.gif
cheese is funny
isnt ireland kinda far from the US west coast? laugh.gif
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jul 11 2003, 06:53 PM)
isnt ireland kinda far from the US west coast? laugh.gif

yes tongue.gif
CrissiLove
I think even if ya have a west coast meet earlier, ya should have another one in about three years... so I can go tongue.gif hehe JJ
MoonlightSavingsTime
Hmmm, that's a good point that cheese and Lolo make. I *know* I won't be living in Sacramento anymore by 2010 (with any luck). I'll probably still be on the west coast (here I come, rainy-weather-Oregon-or-Washington -- I frickin' hate California hot-and-sunny weather), but the fact that I'll be further away from the meeting point than before will decrease the likelihood of me showing up. I'd have to come up with travel money for a train ticket or plane ticket or something, whereas right now and in the near future I could hop on a city bus for $1.50 and meet up with people anywhere in the city if we met here.
LoLo
QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Jul 11 2003, 01:24 PM)
Hmmm, that's a good point that cheese and Lolo make. I *know* I won't be living in Sacramento anymore by 2010 (with any luck). I'll probably still be on the west coast (here I come, rainy-weather-Oregon-or-Washington -- I frickin' hate California hot-and-sunny weather), but the fact that I'll be further away from the meeting point than before will decrease the likelihood of me showing up. I'd have to come up with travel money for a train ticket or plane ticket or something, whereas right now and in the near future I could hop on a city bus for $1.50 and meet up with people anywhere in the city if we met here.

Or Lo could drive over and pick you up.
MoonlightSavingsTime
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 11 2003, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Jul 11 2003, 01:24 PM)
right now and in the near future I could hop on a city bus for $1.50 and meet up with people anywhere in the city if we met here.

Or Lo could drive over and pick you up.

LOL, okay, good point.
Jonman
QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Jul 11 2003, 02:24 PM)
rainy-weather-Oregon-or-Washington

Bah - it's not that rainy here in Washington at all. It's just that Washingtonians tell Californians that so that they won't all move here.

Seattle's bloody lovely at the moment - blue skies, topping 90, moutains in the distance, and the salty tang of the Pacific in the air. I love it here - gonna be sad to go.
Phyllis
lmao i was gonna say the same thing, jonman! only w/ oregon inserted instead of washington.

most of washington/oregon barely gets any rain....it's just the parts where most people live that do. where i live in oregon is semi-desert. basically the only precipitation we get is snow in the winter...hardly ever rains.

anyhow....yes 2010 is too far off....i have a tendency to plan things WAY in advance...lol. honestly what i was thinking was "hrm...a lot of people are really young...their parents won't let them do this" so...yeah, i was just trying to be fair and include all the younger people as well..lol.

okay....i will be in vegas in 2006, almost for sure. that's just about 2 and a half years away. i for one won't be able to afford making a trip until then. but hehe if any of you want to come up to oregon or idaho before then....i say go for it! happy.gif i'll be here!
LoLo
awww cand. maxx and you couldn't even drive down?
Phyllis
erm i dunno....most likely not.

well....maybe if i start saving....next summer? yeah i think we could. he could use a vacation...he hasn't taken one since he started working there....and we could leave the kitty at my parents' house...lol. and have them come over and feed our fishies i spose.

how big is sacramento?
Random_Trout
sacramento is the state capital......it's quite large.....takes me a good hour to drive through it during rush hour.....you looking into motels or what?
kidvicious2punk
thats a point it is candicie....

hmm......well we have us 6 and 1/2 years to think about it
Phyllis
i was just wondering how traffic was..lol..cause living around here, maxx has never driven in a city. we'll have to get him some practice in boise first.
LoLo
you could always ummm wait for me to pic up moonlight and her hunny and tailgate me around the city. lol

thats how i do it when people don't know where they are going in sacto.
Phyllis
good plan. we'll do that...lol.

i wish maxx would have learned to drive in NYC. =/

not much point to that though...and driving lessons are spendy.

and gahhh everything has gotten a vote except oregon. sad.gif not even i voted for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.