Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast (America) Meet-up
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Phyllis
okay, so basically.....i will most likely be in sacramento next summer (weeee!). so you all should come there too! but, i'll understand if you can't...*sigh*

i'll also be in vegas in 2006....so yeah if next summer doesn't work for ya...that might....

so...do any of you guys think you'll be able to make either of those dates/places? lol @ me trying to plan this around my own plans...oy. i hope i don't come off as self-centered lol. you all can plan something else, if you like, and i'll try my best to attend...but those two i will be able to make almost certainly....so it'd be great if anyone else could cause i'd love to meet all of ya. biggrin.gif
cheese is funny
sweet.. ill try and be there next summer...
LoLo
I just said this in chat but I'll echo it here.

If I have by some miracle, my own place everyone can crash there free of charge. You may be sleeping on top of eachother on my folding chairs and coffee table, but at least its free right? lol
cheese is funny
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 13 2003, 09:10 PM)
You may be sleeping on top of eachother

why is that a bad thing? laugh.gif
Phyllis
oh and cheese will be legal next summer......

watch out, lo wink.gif
LoLo
well the spot next to me on my waterbed has already been claimed. lol
Prince Aries
*starts walking towards the west coast* No way I'm missing this! If I start walking now, I'm bound to make it on time!
Phyllis
lmao you live in iowa, don't you aries?

i may end up going greyhound myself, if my husband doesn't get the time off (i can't drive).....you should seriously look into it....it sucks and i hate it with the fire of a thousand suns...but yeah, it's cheap.

meanwhile...who has claimed the spot next to you, lo? huh.gif
Prince Aries
Yes I live in Iowa but you guys are the greatest *thumbs up* I'd be all over the Greyhound thing actually. Count me in, yeah totally. Don't really care where it's at I guess because it doesn't really matter to me happy.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 13 2003, 02:03 PM)
meanwhile...who has claimed the spot next to you, lo? huh.gif

it's a secret. laugh.gif
Phyllis
lmao well i'll find out next summer, lo, so nyah tongue.gif

and yay aries...joooiiinnn usss! biggrin.gif

and also..who voted for oregon? i love you, whoever you are!! happy.gif
LoLo
well to one side there will be adriane....my stuffed snow leopard toy i sleep with to keep my arm from falling asleep....and to the other side there will be........................
Phyllis

the wall? lol
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 13 2003, 03:04 PM)

the wall? lol

so much faith in me.......lol
Phyllis
oh! i know!

mr. personality from yahoo the other night? wink.gif lmao
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 13 2003, 05:42 PM)
oh! i know!

mr. personality from yahoo the other night? wink.gif lmao

don't make me slap you.
Phyllis
so that's a "no" then? happy.gif

okay then...erm....cheese? syuu? missy? sps? leo? mata? tigerlily? elf? kidvicious? crissi? aries? inky? fuzzy? lindy? erm....any other forumites? i'm getting tired of thinking of names....lol.
LoLo
LMAO@you cand.

mr. personality was a mistake to even talk to. I don't think ive yawned so much during one convo. plus i wouldn't invite him to the state of cali let alone a mata meet or the boards.

im not telling who called that spot. lol.....if they want to tell then they can.
CrissiLove
*feels like I'm listening in on a private phone call* so this is what my mother felt like when I was in middle school.... dry.gif LOL
Phyllis
lmao crissi!

okay, whoever called the spot next to lo, show yourselves! tongue.gif

i'm j/k lmao you don't really have to.....i'm just sort of curious....lol.
MoonlightSavingsTime
QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Jul 13 2003, 02:16 PM)
Yes I live in Iowa but you guys are the greatest *thumbs up* I'd be all over the Greyhound thing actually. Count me in, yeah totally. Don't really care where it's at I guess because it doesn't really matter to me happy.gif

Can't be picky when you're in Iowa anyway. tongue.gif Before I came to Cali, I lived in Minnesota, and during that time I swear I never spoke to another (interesting) soul online that lived anywhere near my area. In my experience, 80% of online people reside in California, 10% are in Texas, 5% are scattered elsewhere on the east and west coasts of the U.S., and the remaining 5% are spread out among all other countries. I was part of the .00000000001% that lived anywhere in the northern part of the Midwest. I used to get sooo frustrated with that...
Pikasyuu
Kekeke. I'll be going to Sacramento next year to have the giant LoLo house sleepover. =P I'm stoked. Just wanted to share.
Phyllis
yay for the giant lolo sleepover! happy.gif

and i know how ya feel, moonlight. i hardly ever meet interesting people online from oregon (ps TWO people have voted for oregon now...i love you, whoever you are! happy.gif)...well, i hardly meet people from oregon online at all, dangit. i also lived in nyc for quite awhile..and didn't meet interesting people from nyc online till i moved away. dry.gif completely not fair!
Prince Aries
Yay for the Great Sleepover! I call a spot next to Syuu, my new official cheerleader! biggrin.gif
Phyllis
i call a spot where everyone can't hear/make fun of my snoring! happy.gif

so, what month should we plan this for? june july or august?
Pikasyuu
Rah Rah Shish Boom Bah!

Shoot me. x]
Prince Aries
*cuddles the Syuu* You are now the proud owner of an Aries-chu. Here's your pokeball. Enjoy.

Anyway, I really hope we're all serious about this, it would heckuva fun biggrin.gif
Phyllis
well i'm definitely serious. i'm going whether the rest of ya do or not! lol. but i really hope that you do, cause that'd just make it that much more fun. happy.gif

anyhow, i'm thinking june-ish for the month...anyone have different thoughts on when exactly we should do this?
Pikasyuu
I'm definetely serious. If I'm not in SS my 17th year, I'll be in sacramento with you lot.

Oh! Aries-chu! /me snuggles
Phyllis
didn't you have a week off or something before summer school this year syuu? we could do it during that little break if you do end up having to go again.
Pikasyuu
Yup. =P
Phyllis
awesome happy.gif

it'd really suck if you had to miss it.

i feel like the greyhound spokesperson here..lmao...but yeah i just wanna reiterate for anyone who doesn't have a car or much money to check it out....cause it's cheap and it'll increase the chances that ya can come and meet up w/ us. it sucks REALLY bad, i'm not gonna lie about that....but meh if i survived it for TWO 2,000 mile trips and two more 800 mile trips, then you can survive it too. plus then you'll get to meet a bunch of us lovely forumites, so doesn't that just make it worth it? smile.gif but if you have ANY other option..lmao take that...trust me....*shudder*
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 14 2003, 12:21 AM)
anyhow, i'm thinking june-ish for the month...anyone have different thoughts on when exactly we should do this?

June would probably be the best for weather. Unless everyone wants to hang out in July or August, the two hottest months in the year for the Sac Valley.

Oh well. If it's hot here we'll do a "delta breeze dance." It's like a rain dance, only it brings the cooling winds from the bay area's delta. lol

Keep in mind everyone the sleepover depends on if I can get myself a place by then. If I'm still with my mom, I don't think she'll be too keen on the idea of tons of people sleeping in her house. lol.........although I'm sure I could sneak you all in my room after she went to bed. lmao
Phyllis
lmao yeah i kind of imagined that, lo. i'd planned on saving up enough money for a hotel room in case you don't have your own place.

btw, if that does happen....if anyone can't afford to get a hotel room on their own, i'll split mine with ya and just get a double one. i trust all of you enough to be confident that you won't try to murder me in my sleep or anything..lol. happy.gif

hrm am i too trusting? lol.
Prince Aries
What about raising money for hotel rooms? Depending on the number we'd only need so many. And it wouldnt cost TOO terribly much. I only say that because, I've had large gatherings in my own place....it can be a rather nerve racking thing, I assure you happy.gif

besides....some of those nicer hotels have bars in them......*cough cough* What what?! I didn't say anything! ohmy.gif

In all seriousness, several ideas could be kicked out. I only really bring it up because I would honestly feel a little uncomfortable invading someone's home......and subsequently stealing most of their rations biggrin.gif
Phyllis
that'd be a good idea, aries...once we have a definite list of who is going, we could calculate the number of rooms we'd need, then split the cost between all of us. that way we could all stay up late eating junk food and watching movies and ooo flashback to my junior high slumber party days lmao happy.gif
LoLo
If I do have a place, I've never minded people crashing and eating my rations. But whatever anyone wants......and this is all a stipulation on whether or not I get a place by then.
kidvicious2punk
ooh...darn....thats punishment...ill only be 20..maybe even 19...but we're going in summer so 20....unless we go to mexico.....then i could drink with you guys...but no....your so hurtful dry.gif

*drinks pepsi while every1 else is drunk*

mexico is still an option...donno how much hotels are though... unsure.gif
kidvicious2punk
ooh we could stay in cancun

cheese is funny
i think that would be a bit expensive, no?
elf
Gah... I live in NORTHERN Cali... but not as northern as Sacramento... I LIVE NEAR MATT, THOUGH! Where is he?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.