Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 14 2003, 12:15 PM)
I've just checked the train times. Since I don't really fancy getting up at seven I think the train that arrives at 12:45 will be a lot more civilised.

Absolutely, but do you mean it would take you an hour and 28 minutes to get to the train station? From your place!?! Yikes! tongue.gif
Mata
No, but taking that amount of time means I can have a bath and a decent breakfast before I get out of the house smile.gif

Oh yes, and Sues won't be coming with me because she's off to a uni friend of hers' wedding.
WeeJ
Was just thinking....aren't we going to have to book somewhere if we're gonna eat lunch? Being as there will be quite a few of us... rolleyes.gif
Mr Fuzzy
Possibly. Depends where you want to eat really. It probably wouldn't be a problem if it was a case of having a pub lunch in a reasonably sized establishment.

However, I seem to remember there being a branch of Hooters... Hows about there for lunch... Hur hur!
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jul 14 2003, 12:37 PM)
Possibly. Depends where you want to eat really

Hooter is a realy cheesy place Fuzzy... Probably suit us lot fine laugh.gif
I was thinking maybe Pizza Hut. We'de definatly have to book there though. And they would probably want some kind of deposite.
Mata
I think Pizza Hut have stopped letting people book tables.

A pub lunch would probably be fine, somewhere cheap'n' cheerful like a Wetherspoons pub.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 14 2003, 12:51 PM)
I think Pizza Hut have stopped letting people book tables.

A pub lunch would probably be fine, somewhere cheap'n' cheerful like a Wetherspoons pub.

Would we still need to book a pub lunch?

Speaking of lunch...I better go get some biggrin.gif
WeeJ
aaaaaaaaaaaaand bump
gary
Wetherspoons pub.....

hmmmmm mixed grill
grrrrr
Sir Psycho Sexy
oh poo, i'm gonna have to use a Virgin train, i'm gonna have to pay for a ticket for them....stupid ingrates mad.gif

still i got a letter i've got an even bigger overdraft now!! biggrin.gif the fools
WeeJ
Which train you gotta catch Sexy?
WeeJ
::bump::
Pixelgoth
1pm is fine by me. I think you can book places in Pizza Hut. The other option is just to go to Pizza Hut and if we can't get a table there then we can go to a local pub. There are loads of places we can get a snack otherwise.

Are we clubbing in the evening? I haven't been to Edwards or XL's for ages and I hear they still do a good cheesy 'ROCK' night biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
Depends on under age people...they might not get in and its not fair to leave them all out sad.gif
I doubt all those who aren't staying in Birmingham and live far away will want to stay on into the night if they have distances to travel...

I danced on a podium in XL's once biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 15 2003, 03:17 PM)
I danced on a podium in XL's once biggrin.gif

Excellent biggrin.gif What song was it to? Or did you have a regular job there? smile.gif

I guess those that want to go clubbing later can. I mean we are going to be in a pub later in the day so all those 'under agers' won't be able to join in with that either. I guess it's a case of see who wants to come and who actually turns up and take it from there. Either way I reckon me and Ed will be rocking in XL's or somewhere like that later in the evening biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
Nah, I didn't work there...and I definatly can't remember what song it was...I can remember what I was wearing tho. Cordroi (sp?) trousers, white shirt and a black tie. I was into the punk thing for a bit...

And i guess when the 6th comes, we just go with the flow smile.gif
Mata
Do we have many <17 y.o. people coming?

Also, I plan to stay the night somewhere around there, has anyone got a friend's floor I might be able to sleep on?
WeeJ
i'd offer mine but my mother would skin me alive :/ Ahh, the perils of living with your parents...

I'm off home now biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 15 2003, 08:57 AM)
Which train you gotta catch Sexy?

gotta get one to london, then tube to euston, then a train from there to brum, it's a virgin train though, they look pretty...wonder if they have tv's on them like virgin planes?
spuglet
lol. 6th sept? IF i can go, thatll be the first week ive been in college! as for the 'young uns', i believe the youngest going are about 15/16 and are experienced drinkers! but yeah, law breaking and potential problems and all that.
me and tort will just have to have a stafford mini meet.
i think meeting times will probably end up being staggered around because of trains and traffic and such, so perhaps mobile phone numbers should be exchanged to keep in touch?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (spuglet @ Jul 15 2003, 10:19 PM)
i think meeting times will probably end up being staggered around because of trains and traffic and such, so perhaps mobile phone numbers should be exchanged to keep in touch?

Sounds good to me. I don't really want to give my mobile number out to all and sundry though. Perhaps nearer the time we can have an email list of those of us who are meeting and then pass out our mobile numbers to 1 person who can be port of call if there are delays. If they are delayed then they can ring one of the people of the list and if we are all delayed it isn't a problem because we can just wait in the cafe! biggrin.gif

Sam
WeeJ
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 14 2003, 11:21 AM)
If its any help, I'll volenteer to email all the people who have posted interest in this thread and give them all the details. Let me know if that'll help Mata...was just thinking it means people who want to go but may miss the thread won't miss out on the mata day out. If that makes sense... blink.gif

Alread on it Sam...I'll say in the email (closer to the time) that if they are ok with it, replying whether they can come and their mobile number if they're comfortbale giving it out. Who's going to be the person with all the numbers though? I'm guessing it should be someone well known and should probably have some knowledge of how to get round Brum...
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 16 2003, 10:52 AM)
Alread on it Sam...I'll say in the email (closer to the time) that if they are ok with it, replying whether they can come and their mobile number if they're comfortbale giving it out. Who's going to be the person with all the numbers though? I'm guessing it should be someone well known and should probably have some knowledge of how to get round Brum...

Guess that's you are me.....probably more likely to be you though as I haven't been to Brum for a few years now sad.gif

Also, does anyone realise but Ozzy is playing the NEC that night as he's added an extra date! ROCK! biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 16 2003, 11:34 AM)
Guess that's you are me.....probably more likely to be you though as I haven't been to Brum for a few years now sad.gif

Depends what peopoe say. They might now want me having their mobile number.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 16 2003, 11:48 AM)
Depends what peopoe say. They might now want me having their mobile number.

Well not to worry. It's something that can be sorted out nearer the time smile.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
How long is it now til the 6th?

omg...I suck at maths dry.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 17 2003, 12:39 PM)
How long is it now til the 6th?

omg...I suck at maths dry.gif

7 weeks and 1 day!

Why babe? Can you not wait that long to finally meet me wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
I'm gonna squish you so hard when we finally meet...such a crushing hug for such a small person biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Hope I'm walking normaly by then :/
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 17 2003, 01:55 PM)
I'm gonna squish you so hard when we finally meet...such a crushing hug for such a small person biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Hope I'm walking normaly by then :/

wink.gif

I hope so too! I don't want you giving me a crushing hug and falling over the hurting the ankle again sad.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
Well, the physio lady was contemplating taking my crutches off me this week, although she let me keep them to walk long distances such as shopping. I have my physio review in two weeks. I think I'm being discharged then..means no more crutches. I'll be able to carry things whilst walking again dry.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 17 2003, 02:19 PM)
Well, the physio lady was contemplating taking my crutches off me this week, although she let me keep them to walk long distances such as shopping. I have my physio review in two weeks. I think I'm being discharged then..means no more crutches. I'll be able to carry things whilst walking again dry.gif

Excellent! That's wonderful news. Means you can carry my shopping around Brum for me in September like you slave you are!!!! biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
::bump::

Gotta get people to see this just in case they wanna come along.
gary
lol weej your really up for this arn't you
Queenie
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 10 2003, 01:29 PM)
Sam and I could be your tour guides!!!! laugh.gif

This is probably messin up what peps said but i was readin tho! (I've been away!)
But hey WeeJ i can b tour guide too i've lived in Brum or near Brum for a while now!!

Scruffy's is da bomb!! ph34r.gif
WeeJ
YAY!!!!!

Queenie's coming biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Queenie
YAY!!! I'm comin!! Hope it happens in Brum i'm plannin to pull a sickie off work already!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!
Queenie
Ok i am sooo excited literally bouncing off the walls - this is kinda a little ray of sunlight in a pile o dirt that ive been sleepin in!!
Really hope it happens, im gunna try stop posting how happy i am coz i look kinda sad now!! unsure.gif

WeeJ i know the peps in your Avatar!!!!! tongue.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
WeeJ
Yay! someone other than me who's overly excited biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (gary @ Jul 17 2003, 06:51 PM)

this could probably constitute me as sad, but yeah, i'm looking forward to meeting everyone in real life and in the flesh. The internet is great and everything but there's nothing like a good old fashioned knees up biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 18 2003, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (gary @ Jul 17 2003, 06:51 PM)

this could probably constitute me as sad, but yeah, i'm looking forward to meeting everyone in real life and in the flesh. The internet is great and everything but there's nothing like a good old fashioned knees up biggrin.gif

Hell yeah! I'm also overly excited about it all biggrin.gif Should be a wicked day out. I really miss Birmingham. I loved going to Uni there. It's SUCH a cool place and, although I love Sheffield too, I feel drawn back to Brum so often it's scarey. SOOOO many good memories and I'm sure this will be another good one to add to the list biggrin.gif

Sam
x
Queenie
EEEEEEEeee i'm sooooo excited!!! I know what peps mean bout puttin faces to names!! laugh.gif
Has there been a confirmation of where it's gunna b?
gary
hmmm wonders if he here...
Queenie
ok ignore my question of the confirmation thing i am dense an hav just read the whole of the thread rolleyes.gif *smacks head* oops...
CommieBastard
I'm only ickle and new, but can I come? I'm always up for making new friends... smile.gif
Queenie
awww... because u asked so nicely i say yes, also because no one else has said yes yet!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
How ickle do you b tho?...
I say the more the merrier, can someone please remind me that it is a good idea to take the day off work tho, because my conscience is kicking in an i dunt want it too! sad.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Any excuse to have a day off work is a good one... and this is the best excuse there is!

And I second what Queenie said - come along by all means, Comrade Bastard! Bolster our numbers!
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Queenie @ Jul 21 2003, 09:50 PM)
awww... because u asked so nicely i say yes, also because no one else has said yes yet!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
How ickle do you b tho?...

I meant "ickle" in terms of noobness, but I'm 15. Don't look it though wink.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Queenie @ Jul 21 2003, 09:50 PM)
can someone please remind me that it is a good idea to take the day off work tho, because my conscience is kicking in an i dunt want it too! sad.gif

Thought you were gonna throw a sickie?
CommieBastard
can someone please remind me that it is a good idea to take the day off work tho, because my conscience is kicking in an i dunt want it too!

You can't work under stress. That's obvious. Nobody's their best under stress. Now, you could go in tired and irritated. You could do that. But that would be wrong. You owe it to your employers, to those who pay your wages, you owe it to them to relax. Relax among friends and like-minded people. Say, there'll be a gathering of friends and like-minded people early September. How about it?
wolfbane
Ok I've skipped all the middle pages on this thread (me bad sad.gif) But I'm guessing the meet up is taking place in Birmingham on Sept 6? That's cool - hopefully I'll be able to come along as well. Can someone fill me in on what's happening with B&B's (if anything) and meeting times, etc? I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread!

*throws choccy to everyone by way of apology for her laziness*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.