Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (wolfbane @ Jul 22 2003, 12:58 PM)
Ok I've skipped all the middle pages on this thread (me bad sad.gif) But I'm guessing the meet up is taking place in Birmingham on Sept 6? That's cool - hopefully I'll be able to come along as well. Can someone fill me in on what's happening with B&B's (if anything) and meeting times, etc? I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread!

*throws choccy to everyone by way of apology for her laziness*

Oooo you are lazy *munches on chocolates and waits expectantly for another* tongue.gif

Yep, you're right! It's 6th September in Birmingham. I think the general consensus was around 1pm for lunch, then shopping and then pub. I am planning to stay the night but haven't found out where yet. I did post a link to Smooth Hound Hotel finder further back so I'm afraid you'll have to fish around for that smile.gif

Hopefully get to put faces to name, hurrah! biggrin.gif

Sam
x
wolfbane
*throws you another choccy bar*

Thank you! With any luck I'll be able to come along and meet people in real peopleness, rather than net peopleness...so much fun!
WeeJ
We'll be meeting in New Street Station at the Italien cafe called Sbarro (you can't miss it) at 1pm September 6th and we're all doing to wear matazone t shirts if we can get away with it.

One thing just occured to me...the Italien restaurant is on the other side of the barriers where the ticket people stand so people who don't come on trains and therfore don't have a ticket won't be able to get to the cafe where we're meeting

Should we arrange another place to meet? I still say New Street Sation is a good place as its easy to find. Does anyone know if there's another cafe or something on the none patment side of the barriers?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 22 2003, 01:50 PM)
We'll be meeting in New Street Station at the Italien cafe called Sbarro (you can't miss it) at 1pm September 6th and we're all doing to wear matazone t shirts if we can get away with it.

One thing just occured to me...the Italien restaurant is on the other side of the barriers where the ticket people stand so people who don't come on trains and therfore don't have a ticket won't be able to get to the cafe where we're meeting

Should we arrange another place to meet? I still say New Street Sation is a good place as its easy to find. Does anyone know if there's another cafe or something on the none patment side of the barriers?

Oooo, good point Weej! Er....no idea....I'll let the people who know what the new and improved version of New Street looks like. I can only remember what it was like in 1997 smile.gif

I'd suggest that we just meet at the barrier but if we have to hang around and wait for ages for late comers it might be easier to have a cafe to sit in a sip coffee (and have sneaky ciggies wink.gif)

Sam
x
WeeJ
I'll ask around. Its gonna have to be a place thats easy to find...I think there may be a posh cafe on the none paying side of the Staion. i can ask...and i'll find out for definate on Friday as I'm catching a train to my boyfriends and will have to go thru New Street. I'll have a look.
If anyone has any other suggestions...?
Mata
We'll be exchanging mobile numbers so hopefully should be able to co-ordinate fairly well as well as being able to find out who's running late and arrange meet ups.

I'm going to pin a thread at the top of this forum for people to add themselves to and to provide various details...
Mata
*bump*

If you're coming please add your details to the pinned list at the top of this forum!
Alanity
I'm too lazy to read through the other pages, could someone summarise things like what we'll be doing ect. Oh and will I feel left out being under 18? It's not like me and whoever I drag along can just do our own thing seeing as I've never been to Birminham and I don't think they have.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Alanity @ Jul 24 2003, 01:26 PM)
I'm too lazy to read through the other pages, could someone summarise things like what we'll be doing ect. Oh and will I feel left out being under 18?

there's quite a few under 18's going to quit stressing.

Right...as far as we know at the moment...

We're meeting in New Street Station at 1pm on saturday 6th September. We will be meeting in a cafe (which I am checking out the name and location of this Friday) and people will (try to) be wearing matazone tops so we can recognise each other. As far as stuff we've got planned, I think we're going for lunch at a pub, doing a bit of shopping and then maybe hit a pub of some variety (probably Scruffy Murphys) at night for those who will be staying that long. We're exchanging mobile phone numbers with people going who we're comfortable having numbers with so you might wanna sort that out....any other question, scream at me (or Mata...he's more knowledgable than me laugh.gif tongue.gif )

People who can't/don't want to drink wil have no problem. If you want to drink, thats up to you I guess but being under 18 shouldn't be a problem.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Alanity @ Jul 24 2003, 01:26 PM)
I'm too lazy to read through the other pages, could someone summarise things like what we'll be doing ect. Oh and will I feel left out being under 18? It's not like me and whoever I drag along can just do our own thing seeing as I've never been to Birminham and I don't think they have.

Yeah WeeJ has summed it up there smile.gif Don't forget to go to the thread pinned at the top of Daily Life and fill your details in about yourself and that you're coming along.

See you there smile.gif

Sam
x
Alanity
Thanks for clearing all that up WeeJ, as for the matazone tops, I'll probably just go with the "Hello my name is Alanity" name tag laugh.gif
Mata
A name tag will probably do the trick!

I'm working with the assumption that I'll probably be fairly recognisable since there are numerous photos of me around and I look like loads of my characters too!

It might be an idea to bring along a spare t-shirt to save on too many people all wearing the same top, but it will certainly be useful for the initial meeting up smile.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 24 2003, 03:44 PM)
It might be an idea to bring along a spare t-shirt to save on too many people all wearing the same top

There's a plan there!

Considering the meet topic has been pinned here a few days now..not many people who showed some interest have posted :/
Am I guessing people are just gonna turn up or do we need to point people in the right direction?
WeeJ
::bump::
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 24 2003, 04:44 PM)
I look like loads of my characters too!

Those googly eyes are a dead giveaway...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jul 25 2003, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 24 2003, 04:44 PM)
I look like loads of my characters too!

Those googly eyes are a dead giveaway...

And a big purple bonce?
Mr Fuzzy
Oh yes. The miasma of evil can be noticable too tongue.gif
WeeJ
He's gonna get so sick of requests for mr sb's voice... tongue.gif
Mr Fuzzy
More likely a sore throat and chronic phlegm I would think...
Pixelgoth
I only have one Matazone t-shirt (Little Goth Girl Goes Nuts) and I can't afford another one right now. Besides I really like that so I'm gonna wear it and if someone else is wearing the same one so be it. They can change if they like but I ain't gonna'! *folds arms and pouts* tongue.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
I'm getting a 'hack the corporate reality' t shirt before the meet. Mata's ordered in a smaller size as I'm so wee
Mingtea
I'll have a black polo shirt with Mingtea on it.

Yes i'm sad.

biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 25 2003, 01:44 PM)
Mata's ordered in a smaller size as I'm so wee

Yes that's right, rub it in! You're small and petit and I'm a fat heffer.....biggrin.gif

Well at least I've got big boobs and can fill a regulation size skinny tongue.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
I that case...I'm going to wear a hat with a big long pole on top with a flag that says WeeJ tongue.gif

I think I win Mingtea tongue.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 25 2003, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 25 2003, 01:44 PM)
Mata's ordered in a smaller size as I'm so wee

Yes that's right, rub it in! You're small and petit and I'm a fat heffer.....biggrin.gif

Well at least I've got big boobs and can fill a regulation size skinny tongue.gif

silly woman.....you're no heffer. You just have bigger boobies than me tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

rofl laugh.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 25 2003, 01:48 PM)
I that case...I'm going to wear a hat with a big long pole on top with a flag that says WeeJ tongue.gif

I think I win Mingtea tongue.gif

Well just to go one better, seeing as I have big.....er......boobies, I am going to get SAM tattooed across them and flash them at random people. Only the people that are on this board will know why! HURRAH! Mind you, I'll have to turn up late as the chances of being arrested and carried off before you lot arrive might be quite high! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
There are times when I worry about you Sam. You make my flag pole hat sounds quite sane.

I think there's a good chane we'll all recognise each other at the meet anyway because of the photo album.
Its going to be strange walking up to each other and asking who we are...
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 25 2003, 02:34 PM)
There are times when I worry about you Sam. You make my flag pole hat sounds quite sane.

I think there's a good chane we'll all recognise each other at the meet anyway because of the photo album.
Its going to be strange walking up to each other and asking who we are...

Not really, I always walk up to random people in the street and ask them who they are, don't you? *skips off, laughing insanely*blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Er....anyways......my hair is much longer than my photo sad.gif I REALLY must get a more up to date picture. I've plans to get one when I go to the Yorkshire Dales for the weekend at the beginning of August. I was going to get a black and white film and take lots of arty pictures a la Wuthering Heights! biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
Cheked out the other caféin new stree station, on the non-paying side of the barriers.
It's called Café select and it's on the left of the burger king (as you face away from it).
anyone need any help, scream.
hinsley
i cant make the UK one. what a shame.

(no that was not sarcasm... *whistles*)
Sir Psycho Sexy
hmm....should i go via euston and possible meet debs on the way or via marylebone and avoid the bother of using virgin trains...thoughts people please
CommieBastard
Meh, if I actually get there after all this, I'll be able to recognise Mata after seeing his picture in Meltdown.
WeeJ
right...anyone needing accommodation will probably find staying in Birmingham the night very expensive. If anyone is interested in coming back on the train to Tamworth with me and Mat and staying at a cheaper hotel then you're very welcome. Tamworth is a 20 min train ride away from Birmingham and its very cheap so you could travel back to Birmingham to catch whatever train you need on sunday morning.

If anyone is interestind then please PM me.
wolfbane
Wolfy update - I won't be able to make it to the meet up I'm afraid - heading off to America with the boyf on the 5 September, so won't be around.

Hope you all have a wicked time though, and post lots of photos!
WeeJ
Right...i have information for those wanting to stay in Tamworth and travel back on the train sunday morning...All hotels mentioned below are within spitting distance of the railway station.

The Albert Hotel - An attractive, traditional public house with a friendly atmosphere, close to town centre and railway station. Garden and patio area. Full range of lunch and evening meals including home made. all rooms include full english breakfast single room from £25, twin £40, twin ensuit £45

Baldric's Hotel - Newly furbished bright, modern rooms attached to beautifuly restored timber framed bar dating back to 1460. Bar, lounge and function room. All rooms ensuite with courtesy tray (no idea what that is) and tv. choice of single, double, twin and triple rooms. Rooms from £25 per night

the Castle Hotel - In the shadows of Tamworth Castle yet in the centre of town. Nightclub Friday and Saturday night. 36 Ensuite rooms.
Friday - Sunday rooms from £48.50 (That is bloody expensive)

the Peel hotel - 18 bedrooms with ensuite or bathroom. All bedrooms include satellite tv, tea/coffee facilities. single room from £45. Double or twin from £55 (again, not too cheap but still cheaper than in Birmingham)

Victoria Court hotel - (This looks the nicest and is across the road from the station. i used to live a few doors away from it) Small, friendly privately owned hotel with licnesed italian restaurant. single rooms from £25 double or twin from £43

The Tamworth Arms - One of Tamworth's oldest pubs. All rooms ensuite with tv, trouserpress, hairdyer and tea/coffee facilities and phone. Full english breakfast included in price.
single from £39.50 Double or twin from £39.50

right...if anyone wants to book rooms at any of the hotels mentioned then PM me and I'll pass on the phone numbers for you to book. And make sure you remember to double check the price when you phone to book as they may vary at different times of the year. Hope it helps.
WeeJ
Bumperooni
Pixelgoth
Just checking hotels in Birmingham. They aren't actually much more expensive than some of those and what with the convience of actually being right in Brum for the night I think I might plump for one of those. If anyone wants to know what's available in Brum then let me know and I can forward details of the hotels I've looked at.

Sam
x
CommieBastard
How long are we planning the meet on lasting? And how long does it take to get from Brum to London?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jul 28 2003, 02:47 PM)
How long are we planning the meet on lasting? And how long does it take to get from Brum to London?

How? By train, car, flying, skiing, skate boarding? biggrin.gif

I assumed the meet would last as long as you wanted to stay around. We are meeting at 1pm at Cafe Select at New Street and then the itinery is yet to be finalised but it's something like lunch, shopping & pub. I plan to go clubbing so will probably leave town and come back in changed for XL's?

Not really thought about it properly yet as it's over a month away smile.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
Again with the bumping....
Sir Psycho Sexy
clubbing sounds fun....what time is that last train to tamworth?? we're probably gonna need to spend a little time checking into hotels right?? i'm gonna have a bag and i don't really wanna take that to a club =/
Debaser
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jul 28 2003, 02:47 PM)

for the first, i'm not sure...

and for the second, about 2 1/2 hours...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jul 28 2003, 07:11 PM)
clubbing sounds fun....what time is that last train to tamworth?? we're probably gonna need to spend a little time checking into hotels right?? i'm gonna have a bag and i don't really wanna take that to a club =/

You'll have to book a hotel a few days before the meet and I still have ti check out the trin time tables to Tamworth
Sir Psycho Sexy
last train to tamworth is 10.30pm sad.gif

besides which we'll need to check in to get the room key before hand and assuming they let you in at that time of night.....
WeeJ
Will phone the train people when I get five minutes to myself today...
Pixelgoth
I think my plan will be go on clubbing once the pubs have closed so if you lot are staying in Tamworth then you probably won't be able to come clubbing esp. if the last train is 10.30pm sad.gif You won't even get to last orders at the pub sad.gif Poop.

Sam
x
CommieBastard
If I go, I'll be staying in a hotel in Brum, so I should be able to go clubbing too.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jul 29 2003, 10:09 AM)
If I go, I'll be staying in a hotel in Brum, so I should be able to go clubbing too.

YAY biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sam
x
CommieBastard
Note the if, Pixie. An if I now feel the need to italicise to reinforce its importantness.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jul 29 2003, 10:15 AM)
Note the if, Pixie. An if I now feel the need to italicise to reinforce its importantness.

Well that's OKif you go, I shall see you there and if you don't I won't tongue.gif

Sam
x
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.