Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
WeeJ
Hmmm....Bearing in mind that we shall all be knackerd after a hard days partying, is 10.30pm too early to be heading back for those wanting to stay in Tamworth?
Sir Psycho Sexy
sort of.....i want to be able to endear myself as a happy friendly drunk to all you people, i'll be hard pressed to do that by 10.30pm...unless we start early....hmm well if there are reasonably price hotels in brum i guess that'd be prefereble
WeeJ
Well, we can get 'merry' during the day I guess.

I really don't fancy staying the night in Birmingham. You're still welcome to jump on a train with me and Mat if you want. I think 25 for one night in a cosy hotel is a good deal...but thats in Tamworth.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jul 29 2003, 01:39 PM)
well if there are reasonably price hotels in brum i guess that'd be prefereble

I've just booked a hotel in Brum for 39.50 for the night. Here's the details;

Name: Hagley Court Hotel
Tel: 0121 4546514 Fax: 01214562722
Email: hagleycourt@aol.com
www: http://www.clarinehagley.activehotels.com/
Address: 229 Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, B16 9RP, UK

I booked through Smooth Hound (http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk) and I got the rate of 39.50 but I don't know how many rooms they have at that rate. Might be worth booking on-line or ringing them and asking if you're interested?

Sorry, WeeJ, I'm poaching your customers biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
:bump:
porcelainwarrior
just to let everyone know that i am insanely jealous of all those going to the meet as due to me being away for three weeks and not knowing any arrangements my mother has decided that i am once more three and cannot be allowed out of her sight and/or earshot ever again ...

that will be all ...

*sob*
WeeJ
Is there no way you could come then? sad.gif
porcelainwarrior
well i dont know ... i need to go find somewhere that details all of the arrangements cause i cant find them all together in a sensible fashion yet

ive worked out the day and that its in birmingham!

go me!
porcelainwarrior
oh

my

god

i asked my mum ... and she said ok!

as in yes i can go!

now i dont mean to be pessimisstic but ... the last couple of weeks ive had shes probably either not listening to me or hadnt taken her medicine again but for the moment im in! woohoo!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Jul 30 2003, 09:37 PM)
as in yes i can go!

Excellent! Glad to meet another person from this forum smile.gif

We are meeting at 1pm at Cafe Select at Birmingham New Street Station. There are no hard and fast plans other than then we go get lunch, shop and drink smile.gif As you're only 16 I'm not sure whether you'd be able to go clubbing sad.gif Depends on parental hassles rolleyes.gif and whether we can sneak you in (jk)!

BTW I didn't mean to imply that because I want to go clubbing you lot have to tongue.gif I just haven't been to XL's in years and it'll be a real nostalgia trip for me and my bloke biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
Porce is gonna come back to Tamworth with me, Mat and Mata and stay at a hotel (Victoria Hotel) so she'll be as safe as a bug in a rug anyway...

...Omg, did I really just say 'snug as a bug in a rug' ?!?!

/me vomits
porcelainwarrior
gah ... see i told you it wouldnt last ... my mum says i can go but is making me be all sensible.
i dont know if im going to stay or if im going to get the last train i can back to kirkcaldy on the 6th. i have to get a return train from kirkcaldy to birmingham ... and im very very bad with travelling alone (i still have nightmares about getting lost in the london underground and edinburgh haymarket tongue.gif)
hence - i WILL be there but i'll be the one changing plans til the last possible second and you can all just ignore my panicked squawking on the day ...

also the train i have to travel down on leaves at 7am, has changes at edinburgh and doncaster and doesnt arrive in brum til 12.58pm so i may be a wee bitty late ... if im not there within 15 minutes im probably stuck in doncaster ....

btw ... where in the name of the wee man is tamworth? would it be easy enough to get a train back to brum the next day? or should i give up and go home?
WeeJ
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Jul 31 2003, 05:25 PM)
btw ... where in the name of the wee man is tamworth? would it be easy enough to get a train back to brum the next day?

Tamworth is only a 15 min train ride from Birmingham.
I think you may find it easier if you come to the meet and then stay over night in tamworth (or Brum if you have lots of money) and then travel back to Kirkcaldy on the sunday morning.
Its up to you but remember, you're gonna have to book your room fairly soonish...as I think everyone who's staying over will.
WeeJ
Bump

For about the billionth time.
porcelainwarrior
well bumped weej </appluads>

i need this thread ... im still deciding what to do but im gona post all of what im doing in a few days ... not for any of you just cause i have an obsession with being prepared in advance and this way i cant change my mind ...

so there tongue.gif
Queenie
*comes dancing in like the strange little child that i am*

OMG... where have i been huh.gif everythins changed!! lol...

I is still comin, should b great fun... woz wonderin WeeJ, can i come back to Tamworth wiv yow coz don't wanna go home an b shouted at by my mutter... Pretty pwease sad.gif

An anyway who said thins had to stop at 10:30?! We can make our own fun in the hotel, if peps are worried bout missin last orders i always seem to hav a supply of alcohol biggrin.gif (not to sure whether thats a good thin or not still tryin to figure that out!)

I think it will just b fun gettin to meet every1 at last... i mean i aint been on the net for a while but i still think of u all *pulls out a tissue!*

WOOOOOO!!! Me is all xcited again!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif <- smiles all round!
WeeJ
QUOTE (Queenie @ Aug 4 2003, 10:33 PM)
I is still comin, should b great fun... woz wonderin WeeJ, can i come back to Tamworth wiv yow coz don't wanna go home an b shouted at by my mutter... Pretty pwease sad.gif

I dunno Lea. I'm not sure if Mom will let you stay. Just grab a hotel in Tamworth...they're only cheap smile.gif
leopold
So who's goin to this hotel now then? I might well go there meself, if there's a crowd goin there...
porcelainwarrior
im going to the victoria court place

but i had to promise to call my mum every 15minutes tongue.gif
leopold
Oh, well if you're gonna be there, porce, I'm definitely in!!! wink.gif laugh.gif

Nah, jus kiddin... I'm up fer a cheap hotel but I'd rather not be in one on me own, so if there's a group it'll be more fun to ravage the bar!!
porcelainwarrior
i knew you couldnt resist my subtle (read nonexistent) charms laugh.gif

if youre gona ravage the bar im keeping my corset out of the way ... those would be scary photos ...
leopold
Oh behave! Non-existent charms indeed! rolleyes.gif

An I'll keep me bar ravagin to a minimum if it means ya get to wear yer corset. Rawr!!
porcelainwarrior
ok ... ill bring spare socks for false breast padding then shall i?

ah - ye gods - i have images in my head now >_<
leopold
Tsk! There's more charms to a lay-dee than her, erm, obvious assets, yanno... tongue.gif
porcelainwarrior
yes but fake breats might help distract from the facial hair ...

you know im right!

be at one with the chicken fillets leo ...

</ cackles manically >
leopold
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Aug 5 2003, 11:24 PM)
yes but fake breats might help distract from the facial hair ...

True, but what if I shave before I get there? Do I still need ta wear 'em?

An ya totally lost me wi the chicken fillets remark...
porcelainwarrior
"chicken fillets" ... erm ... jelly pad things for in bras - more natural looking, my sisters swear by them tongue.gif i dont bloody need them

they hate me laugh.gif
leopold
Oh, right...

Well, I'm not gonna ignore ya if yer mammarically challenged, hon! So leave 'em wi yer sister an come as ya are. Even with the underwear on yer head, if ya like!! laugh.gif
Pixelgoth
Bump, bump, bumpitty bump!

One month to go people smile.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 5 2003, 10:43 PM)
Oh, well if you're gonna be there, porce, I'm definitely in!!!  wink.gif  laugh.gif

Leo...Porce is gonna come back on the train to my home town (Tamworth) which is just outside birmingham. If you wanna do the same (Hotel's are probably cheaper) let me know and I'll pass the number on to you.

Oh...and anyone thinking of booking any hotels wherever you are...

DON'T FORGET TO ASK WHAT TIME THEY LOCK THE DOORS!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 6 2003, 11:09 AM)
Oh...and anyone thinking of booking any hotels wherever you are...

DON'T FORGET TO ASK WHAT TIME THEY LOCK THE DOORS!

Good point WeeJ biggrin.gif

My hotel was only 39.50 for a room. Try them (see earlier up thread for details) if that's cheap enough for ya?

Sam
x
porcelainwarrior
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 5 2003, 11:42 PM)
Oh, right...

Well, I'm not gonna ignore ya if yer mammarically challenged, hon! So leave 'em wi yer sister an come as ya are. Even with the underwear on yer head, if ya like!! laugh.gif

*ahem* my breasts are just dandy thankyou ... i meant my sisters hate me cause i dont have to worry about my boobies flying across the room should i bounce too much ... seeing as mine are attached and all ...
leopold
Oh, I see... Sorry, I think I need subtitles fer the hard of understandin...

Weej, who's goin to that hotel, apart from porce? Is there anyone goin anywhere else (like pixie is)? I wanna know, so I dun end up some billy no mates in some hotel somewhere...
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 6 2003, 11:10 PM)
Weej, who's goin to that hotel, apart from porce? Is there anyone goin anywhere else (like pixie is)? I wanna know, so I dun end up some billy no mates in some hotel somewhere...

I too am interested in gaining such information. We need to organise an illicit hotel party!
leopold
Absolutely! I think we should all go back to Tamworth an do a pub tour or summat... then drink the hotel bar dry! Should be a laugh if nowt else...
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 6 2003, 11:37 PM)
Absolutely! I think we should all go back to Tamworth an do a pub tour or summat... then drink the hotel bar dry! Should be a laugh if nowt else...

You know, there's an embryonic plan there... meet in Brum for afternoon shopping/drinking, then move to Tamworth after tea for a mammoth pubcrawl of Herculean proportions...

Oh my... heheheheh...
WeeJ
If you guys are planning on coming to Tamworth you probably should hurry up and decide because you'll need to book the hotel. Porce is coming back to Tamworth with me and my boyfriend...she's stopping in the Victoria Hotel. Mata was gonna come but he's decided not to now. If anyone else is interested then let me know and i'll pass on the hotel numbers. I posted a bunch of information about Tamworth hotels and prices about apage back.
Pixelgoth
Just me and Ed for clubbing at XL's in Brum then? biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Aug 7 2003, 10:00 AM)
Just me and Ed for clubbing at XL's in Brum then? biggrin.gif

/me dons whiney voice.

come to Tamworth with us Sam sad.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 7 2003, 10:04 AM)
/me dons whiney voice.

come to Tamworth with us Sam sad.gif

Sorry I've already booked the hotel in Brum now sad.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
/me dons even more whiney voice

Un-book it sad.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 7 2003, 11:07 AM)
/me dons even more whiney voice

Un-book it sad.gif

No tongue.gif You lot come out in Birmingham *blows huge raspberry* tongue.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
It won't be the same without you there sad.gif
Mata
Mr Fuzzy has a mate in Brum so I'll probably end up sleeping on the floor there so no pub crawling in Tamworth for me. Sorry!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 7 2003, 11:24 AM)
It won't be the same without you there sad.gif

Well if I remember correctly I AM going to be there for most of the day and the original plan was to go drinking in Birmingham. Unfortunately that's now changed and I've already booked a hotel in Birmingham as they were selling out fast (Ozzy is playing there that weekend and apparently there is something else going on).

Anyhoo, you lot decided to go out in Tamworth now so I won't be able to do that sad.gif

Even if I got rearrange my hotel room, which I don't think I can, I'd have to drive to Tamworth, leave the car there, get a train to New Street and a train back all of which will cost me just as much as just staying in Brum.

Sorry but if you lot wanna go out in Tamworth then that's the decision that I'm gonna have to make. I'm really looking forward to reliving my student days at XL's (as is Ed!) and we are gonna see each other during the day anyways smile.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
I'd love to come to XL's with you and Ed but my last train is at 10.30pm and I can't really afford a hotel for the night so I don't have much choice really sad.gif
Mr Fuzzy
Just a little suggestion for those planning to lurk in Tamworth. Since there seem to be a reasonable number of you, have you considered pre-booking a large taxi/minibus? Between all of you the fare would be quite small...
Pixelgoth
That's a good idea Fuzz (may I call you Fuzz smile.gif) Perhaps someone could find out about a taxi. If it's too much you might be better to consider a room in Birmingham after all.

I know you can't afford that WeeJ. We'll see each other don't you worry babe! biggrin.gif Besides, it'll be our 1 month e-anniversary wink.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Aug 7 2003, 12:31 PM)
Just a little suggestion for those planning to lurk in Tamworth. Since there seem to be a reasonable number of you, have you considered pre-booking a large taxi/minibus? Between all of you the fare would be quite small...

You mean to get back to Tamworth or get from Tamworth staion to the hotel?...because the hotel is right next to the train station.
I think it would be quite expensive from Brum to Tamworth :/
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Aug 7 2003, 01:36 PM)
may I call you Fuzz smile.gif

Feel free!

Weej - From my quick researching on the subject, it looks like about 25ish if prebooked. If there are a few of you who do it and split the cost it's probably not that much different from a single on the train.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.