Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
WeeJ
I'll ask around then and see who's interested
porcelainwarrior
i would be weej ... but i just dont wanna be left alone tongue.gif

also - i emailed the victoria place and am gonna phone them soon ... is any one else going there cause now a lot of ppl seem to be staying in brum ...
WeeJ
At the moment it's only you and maybe Inky and Leo.
Don't worry, we won't leave youu on your tod.
leopold
Ack! Now I'm all a dither on what to do!! blink.gif

Since pixie has already booked a hotel in Brum, mebbe we should look into that? I guess there's room ta share rooms if people are stuck wi fundin one fer themselves. Plus I think the nightclub idea might be a winner...
porcelainwarrior
gah - i dont care and i havent booked any place yet

i may run short of funds and end up sleeping in the train station

just dont leave me alone! cause ill get lost and die ...

also - would i even be allowed into a nightclub? sounds like fun and i look over 18, and my mums friends take me out to gay bars in glasgow ... but im not and i dont wanna get you guys in trouble
leopold
Porce, I dun think everyone'll be goin ta the club... I'm not sure I will, fer a start, cos I feel a bit old in those places these days. Dun worry, though, we won't leave ya on yer own... I'll take care of ya smile.gif
WeeJ
I can go clubbing in Tamworth (or at least drinking) but I can't in Birmingham. Damn screwy trains dry.gif
The only way I could do that was if we did Fuzzy's idea of hiring a mini bus.

We better get a move on with arrangements really. Its less than a month away now unsure.gif
Pixelgoth
Well why don't we PM everyone who expressed an interest in coming out and find out whether they've booked a hotel room yet and if so where and if not where are they going to book one?

That way we can find out who wants to go out in Brum and who wants to go out in Tamworth. Once we've got an idea of those people we can see whether, if the general concensus is Brum, everyone is willing to chip in on the taxi back to Tamworth as Fuzz (wink.gif) said it would only be around 25 all in.

I'm afraid that if the general concesus is Tamworth I probably won't be able to come over as I shall more than likely be going to XL's in Brum later in the evening as I have other mates in Birmingham who might be there.

Sam
x
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Aug 8 2003, 11:16 AM)
Well why don't we PM everyone who expressed an interest in coming out and find out whether they've booked a hotel room yet and if so where and if not where are they going to book one?

Oh Crap! I told Mata I would email everyone who expressed an interest in coming and I've forgot...I'll speak to him tonight and sort it out then.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 8 2003, 11:22 AM)
Oh Crap! I told Mata I would email everyone who expressed an interest in coming and I've forgot...I'll speak to him tonight and sort it out then.

D'OH! Never mind, I'm sure we won't hold it against you tongue.gif

Sam
x
porcelainwarrior
i just realised that the money i save not travelling to tamworth can go towards a more expensive hotel room tongue.gif

and thankee leo - cause i really hate cities and i do not intend to die four hours after finally meeting you people!

so dont leave me unless its locked in a hotel room with nothing to fall over tongue.gif

/me prepares to cling to leo and claim he is her father to any passers by tongue.gif
leopold
No probs, porce. I'm used to big cities, so I'll make sure yer safe, even to the point o tyin any loose furniture in yer room outta the way so ya dun crash into it! wink.gif

Heh... wonder if anyone'll believe I'm yer dad... laugh.gif
porcelainwarrior
well guess what i realised today? you are exactly twice my age tongue.gif feel old?

and also ... where is this cafe select place in relation to the rain station? im paranoid ... i dont wanna get lost ... sorry y'all ...
leopold
If I remember right (an bear in mind it's been a reet while since I was last at New Street) ya leave the platforms, climb some stairs to where all the platform exits are... then there's a gap, ya go through that into the main concourse, an I think the place ya want is on the right.

Tell ya what, if ya have a mobile phone, I'll give ya me number. Then, when ya get there, I can stand somewhere conspicuous so ya dun get lost.
porcelainwarrior
that sounds most advisable tongue.gif and if not being too much with the forwardness is it ok if i pm you my number and my mums too? cause she wanted someone older and responsible(ish) to have her number so as to call her should i show up dead or something ...
leopold
Yeah, sure thing, hon. I can do the older responsible person thing.

What? Why are ya all laughin?? No, I really can!! Bah, you lot... rolleyes.gif

I'll PM ya my number too. An guess what, you'll have the privilege o bein the first person here ta get me number!
porcelainwarrior
gah ... i bet i lose it ... ok am away to get my phone ... cause i have no memory ... await pm-ingness!

and im sure you do the responsible thing very well ... honest ... ill just train you on what to say should you have to talk to my mother ...
leopold
Ooooh, gotta be trained to talk to yer mother? Crikey, so I'd best have ya back home safe an sound an in better condition than ya left then, eh?

Oh, an just in case ya do lose it, PM me again if ya do an I'll send it again...
WeeJ
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Aug 8 2003, 05:26 PM)
i just realised that the money i save not travelling to tamworth can go towards a more expensive hotel room tongue.gif

The train fair to Tamworth is only about three pound something. (I have to take a lot of trains) I don't think you'll get a much better room for that.
porcelainwarrior
well no but in my wee budgetty thing (ie a bus ticket with numbers on the back) i had left myself 15 for travelling back and forth - so it will damnit! tongue.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 8 2003, 05:49 PM)
If I remember right (an bear in mind it's been a reet while since I was last at New Street) ya leave the platforms, climb some stairs to where all the platform exits are... then there's a gap, ya go through that into the main concourse, an I think the place ya want is on the right.

Nope. You don't go up the stairs for Cafe Select. Its in New Street Station just passed the barriers on the right (as you're facing Burger King)

If you want my mobilne number for the meet incase you all get lost then PM me or talk to me on IM>
leopold
The BK... that's in that big concoursey area, yeah?? I thought all the platforms were underneath that...
WeeJ
Okey doke then. Looks like its just me and Mat heading to Tamworth then. Means we'll have to leave early tho sad.gif
Taxi would cist too much sad.gif
WeeJ
note
I've just discovered the the rockmetal/punk club XL's is shut down so we can't really do Pixiegoth's plan to go clubbing there. there is another rockery place in brum, (Where my bf's band sometimes plays) Called Eddies Number 8.
Its not far away from the train station. Its there if anyone's interested.
CommieBastard
If I come (and it's a big if. You want to know how big it is. It's this big:
IF
That's how big it is. Pretty big, no?) then I'll be staying in Brum, since I intend to be out until the wee hours of the morning, and I don't fancy late-night train journeys.
So where's the cheapest hotel there? Anyone?
WeeJ
There's info about B'ham hotel's posedt by Pixiegoth some posts back
Sir Psycho Sexy
this thread is quite interesting reading, first everyones goin to tamp...err..worth, now they're staying in brum but not going to XL's, its all very confusing and i'm totally lost as to what's actually happening, i'd be up for staying in brum definately, might be cheaper to share a room between two or three people...in single beds *throws bucket of cold water on leo* tongue.gif

so yeah....
WeeJ
I wish people would acctualy reply to the emails I've sent out... dry.gif
Its difficult this organising malarky ohmy.gif unsure.gif
CommieBastard
Assuming I can successfully bludgeon my mother with the Cudgel of Truth, the cheapest hotel I've found is the Quality Hotel, for 50. Nearest station is New Street, too.
CommieBastard
Gah....doesn't say what time they close at night, and no information on how to contact them...
WeeJ
Use 192 Direct enquireies
Sir Psycho Sexy
i thought it was 118 118....or 11 88 88....depends i guess...try both

isn't the advert with the old man in the 192 running costume funny?! tongue.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Aug 11 2003, 12:41 AM)
i thought it was 118 118....or 11 88 88....depends i guess...try both

If you read the small print on that advert, Its actually more expensive than BT 192.

Commie managed to harass his mom into letting him come to the meet btw. He's booked a hotel in Brum.

I think Queenie is grabbing a hotel in Tamworth although if my parents happen to be on the holiday they're planning on the 6th (which isn't very likely to be honest) she can stay at mine.
Pixelgoth
Well I'm in the process of checking about XL's as my housemate knows someone who helps run it smile.gif I'll go to Edward's No. 8 if all else fails.

Basically, I went to uni in Brum, I used to go to rock clubs in Brum and, therefore, would like to re-live my youth and go on the 6th. I hadn't planned on getting everyone to come with me. If you do, great and if you don't want to then that's completely your choice smile.gif. This was something I would go and do regardless as I was going to be meeting you lot in the day and having drinks with you later.

The problem with everyone wanting to do a 'group club' is what happens to those that are under age?

Sam
x
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Aug 11 2003, 11:41 AM)
Well I'm in the process of checking about XL's as my housemate knows someone who helps run it smile.gif I'll go to Edward's No. 8 if all else fails.

Been shut down a couple of months apparently.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 11 2003, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Aug 11 2003, 11:41 AM)
Well I'm in the process of checking about XL's as my housemate knows someone who helps run it smile.gif  I'll go to Edward's No. 8 if all else fails.

Been shut down a couple of months apparently.

Well then it's Edwards for me biggrin.gif I don't mind either I just remember XL's being particularly cheesy and therefore a blindin' night out smile.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
bumpity
Mata
And another bump since this thread is going in the mailing list...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Aug 13 2003, 09:39 PM)
And another bump since this thread is going in the mailing list...

Good plan.

not many people have replied to the emails I sent out but I guess they weren't really necessary because of the other thread.
Oh well, at least there's going to be a fair number of us biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
Too right! I'm sooooo looking forward to meeting everyone biggrin.gif Hopefully Ed will be able to get on-line before we go and introduce himself. I'll nudge him this weekend and see if we can go on-line at his house smile.gif

Did we decide what we were doing about the evening? Is anyone coming to XL's (or should I say Edwards No 8) with me and Ed? I don't mind if you can't. Brum isn't that far from Sheffield and if we all get on famously we can always have a 'reunion' in Sheffield and everyone can stay on the floor in my flat! laugh.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
bump.

not long now wink.gif
Pixelgoth
The nearer we get the more excited I get! I reckon I'll spontaneously combust when we all meet or run around in circles chasing my tail like a dog.....not that I have a tail.....I meant that I'd just act all giddy.....shutting up now unsure.gif blink.gif

Sam
CommieBastard
Does anyone coming have Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire for the Game Boy Advance? Because if you do, you're going down.
WeeJ
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Aug 15 2003, 06:49 PM)
Does anyone coming have Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire for the Game Boy Advance? Because if you do, you're going down.

LAME
leopold
Okay, so I'm going to be really rubbish and not read this thread to find out what hotel(s) everyone is stopping in.

Someone please PM me where you are, so I can book something soon! Pweeeeaaaasse!
CommieBastard
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 17 2003, 01:19 AM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Aug 15 2003, 06:49 PM)

LAME

tongue.gif Just because you know my Alakazam would 0WN you.

And leo, I'm staying in the Quality Hotel, pretty cheap at 45 including breakfast.
WeeJ
I'll be staying in the house of WeeJ tongue.gif

Its cheap and comfortable tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Aug 17 2003, 06:11 PM)

And leo, I'm staying in the Quality Hotel, pretty cheap at 45 including breakfast.

i was thinking about getting one of those but i think i'll....not get one

anyway yeah, what hotel's that i'm gonna need to book soon, probably next weekend...i hate working away from home every week... sad.gif
CommieBastard
The Quality Hotel is on Hagley Road. I have no idea where that is, in relation to either train stations or where we're meeting. Anyone know where I can get a street map of Birmingham?
Cath Sparrow
I think there's an A to Z web page but not completely sure. unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.