Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
WeeJ
PIZZA HUT SUCK!!!

I just phoned to confirm the table and they had NO record of the booking. I had to re book the f*****g table mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Anyway...the table is now booked for 1.30PM
Any late comers won't have any problems as the restaurant is right next to the station. One of us can come and get you if you get lost.
Mata
Which is another really good reason to exchange phone numbers with people!

Leo's got mine and I've got WeeJ's...
WeeJ
Sam, Inky, Debaser and Leo have my number also. Oh, and Commie as he wanted me to speak to his mom a while back.

blink.gif I'm way too trusting. You lot could be axe murderers unsure.gif
Mata
Not us, nope quick, hide the axes
CommieBastard
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 4 2003, 05:13 PM)
Oh, and Commie as he wanted me to speak to his mom a while back.

Yeah, it's lost somewhere in my MSN chat logs, but it's there.

Nobody has mine. Does anyone want mine?

Don't all rush up at once now.
Debaser
/me notices the lack of people paying attention...

/me therefore raises his hand...
WeeJ
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 4 2003, 06:52 PM)
Nobody has mine. Does anyone want mine?

Don't all rush up at once now.

Go one then bum face tongue.gif
CommieBastard
Anyone know if I can get a train to Brum from Liverpool Street Station? Or should I go to Victoria? And where can I find train timetables?
Debaser
try doing a search on thetrainline.com for london terminals to birmingham new street. i know you can definitely get trains to euston and paddington...
CommieBastard
Right, I'll be getting the 09:59 from Liverpool Street then. Due to arrive at New Street at 12:45.
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 4 2003, 06:13 PM)
You lot could be axe murderers unsure.gif

Axe? Murder? My lexicon doesn't contain such words!

/me rushes off to mutilate his dictionary...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Sep 5 2003, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 4 2003, 06:13 PM)
You lot could be axe murderers unsure.gif

Axe? Murder? My lexicon doesn't contain such words!

/me rushes off to mutilate his dictionary...

I'll be watching you blink.gif
saucy_tara
ohhhh, it sounds like so much fun, i wish i could drive right now but i only have my first lesson tommorow!!!!! I hate living in Exeter......poo.
Mata
We'll see how this one goes and then work out when to do another. Maybe you'll be able to make it along to that one?
Pixelgoth
Really looking forward to tomorrow now. Should be uber cool!

InKy do you want a lift to Birmingham? Ed and me are driving from Warrington. We've got to get to my mates in Brum for 11.30/12 so we should be leaving around 10am. Can we collect you from somewhere? Alternatively (and easier all round) can you make it over to our side of Warrington (Grappenhall/Stockton Heath)? Text or PM me biggrin.gif We can share petrol costs which will obviously be a lot cheaper than trains smile.gif
WeeJ
Blimey....this time tomorrow biggrin.gif
Debaser
hehe, i know...

me and the inkster have plans...be prepared... tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
OK well I'm giving him a lift to Brum so it had better not be unpleasant otherwise we might just kick him out halfway down the M6! tongue.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Sep 5 2003, 02:54 PM)
OK well I'm giving him a lift to Brum so it had better not be unpleasant otherwise we might just kick him out halfway down the M6! tongue.gif

Watch it! he may fart in the car blink.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 5 2003, 02:59 PM)
Watch it! he may fart in the car blink.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif

And? If farting were an Olympic sport I'd have the gold for England! And burping come to think of it! laugh.gif

I'm such a layddeeeeee tongue.gif
Industrial Kybosh
I recall hearing one of those belches - cider-enchanced, and all. Woo! Powerful...

And I believe Debs is referring to more pub-based antics than vehicular ones, so fear not. If I fart, I'll open a window out of respect for you and your fella wink.gif

So... excited...

Won't... be... able... to... sleep...

NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
Mata
Woo! I get on the train in ten hours and twenty minutes and I'm still working!!!
WeeJ
Right....good morning.
Being as me, Mat, Queenie and Mingtea are the lucky one's and live right next to Birmingham, we don't have to leave here til 11am. We all got a little tipsy last night (as InKy will know when we phoned him up to say hello. I think we scared the poor lad half to death unsure.gif ) so everyone else is still fast asleep.
Anyway...I've already had a text off SPS to tell me that one of the trains he has to catch has broken down. Lets hope the rest of the day runs a little smoother.

Anyway...I'm off to wake everyone up **evil grin** laugh.gif
WeeJ
Well, I'm home and safe. I can't say the same for everyone else as a bunch of people stayed over at hotels.
Apart from losing the restaurant where our reservation was made, everything ran very smoothly. Lots and LOTS of photo's where taken (Leo is a menace with a camera. I really don't photograph well. I look grumpy in all my photo's unsure.gif ). A trick was played on a certain short, dark haired lass involving the last of my vodka and coke (I'll get you back if its the last thing I do Dayan wink.gif ) and meeting everyone in the flesh was great biggrin.gif
Mata
Thanks to WeeJ for organising food 'n' stuff and thanks to all those who made it. I had a really fun night and not too bad a hangover either!

Okay, since this was a success there'll be a next time, and it's going to be in Winchester (since I live here and it's _really_ easy to get to by train), after that we can have one oop North, probably in Leeds... Anyway, Winchester, I expect around January or February time.

It was great meeting you all and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!
CommieBastard
Surprisingly, there was but one reference to Leo's big banana. Think that was Queenie or Pixie?
'Twas a spiffy meet indeed. Highlights included me finding out that Queenie looks like a cross between Alyson Hannigan and my cousin Cerys, a conversation with Fuzzy about spang, and Dayan, Lee and myself all air-guitaring to Ace of Spades. Can't wait for the pictures.
Alanity
*pokes self for not going*
Meh, I have a cool new sluggy av to make up for it. ^^
WeeJ
Good lord, some of us got rather drunk. McDonalds didn't know what to do with us did they Commie? laugh.gif Oh, and the sex shop 'Promises Promises' was just ridiculous. "Real Flesh like feeling" Yeah...right wink.gif
Oh, and there where a fair few refereces tp Leo's large fruit wink.gif
Omg...he kept pulling his weeny blue camera out at every available moment. I have my throw away camera sat right next to me. Gonna get it developed and scanned tomorrow biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 7 2003, 03:03 PM)
Omg...he kept pulling his weeny blue camera out at every available moment.

That was a very poncy camera. And a great video of you.
WeeJ
I have yet to see the 'eyeball in the vodka and coke' video.
I bet I screamed like a girl laugh.gif
Debaser
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 7 2003, 03:35 PM)
I have yet to see the 'eyeball in the vodka and coke' video.
I bet I screamed like a girl laugh.gif

oh, it was f--king hilarious tongue.gif

unsurprisingly, the moment i walked through the door i got the bollocking of a lifetime for the lip... dry.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 7 2003, 03:39 PM)
unsurprisingly, the moment i walked through the door i got the bollocking of a lifetime for the lip... dry.gif

But it was worth it to watch you try and eat pizza with the newly inserted lip ring laugh.gif
Mr Fuzzy
It does come as something of a shock to the old parental units when you get the lip done... I was told that I was horrid and banished from the living room. I was 24 at the time!
CommieBastard
Time to start planning MataMeet V2.0, methinks...
Debaser
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 7 2003, 03:41 PM)

But it was worth it to watch you try and eat pizza with the newly inserted lip ring laugh.gif

thanks a f--king bunch... mad.gif

the worst bit was when EVERYONE was staring at me trying to eat...and it all fell out...gah...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 7 2003, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 7 2003, 03:41 PM)

thanks a f--king bunch... mad.gif

the worst bit was when EVERYONE was staring at me trying to eat...and it all fell out...gah...

Oh we love you Dayan. I would have chewed your food for you had you asked wub.gif laugh.gif
Debaser
bleah! i got my revenge... tongue.gif
leopold
And what revenge it was!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Weej, ya screamed exactly like a wee girlie should, an it was worth all the plannin to get it on camera wink.gif

That was the first time I used that camera, an I'm amazed I got any half decent shots at all! I'm gonna go through 'em all, there's a few crops on some to do, an I need to trim down the vids a tad, but once done they're all gonna be posted up for all to see.

It was a great night, an I'm lookin forward to the next one!

Oh, an just fer inky - yer still a lady part!!! wink.gif laugh.gif
CommieBastard
That second pub didn't half play the music loud, did they? I've got Views about that. Pubs aren't about music or alcohol, they're about conversation. Conversation lubricated by alcohol and accompanied by music, but not dominated by either.
Are the pubs in Winchester a bit quieter?
Debaser
wasn't that 2nd one a club? or was i just waaay too drunk to notice?
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 7 2003, 04:58 PM)

Quite possibly both. But my point about loud music in pubs still stands.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 7 2003, 04:58 PM)

Do you remember wandering around upstairs in McDonalds with SPS and Queenie whilst Commie and I waiting downstairs for you? You got told off by the pimpley McDonalds teenager person tongue.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 7 2003, 05:45 PM)
Do you remember wandering around upstairs in McDonalds with SPS and Queenie whilst Commie and I waiting downstairs for you?

For that matter, do you remember much at all?
Debaser
i don't remember a second of that...
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 7 2003, 05:54 PM)
i don't remember a second of that...

You insisted you'd ordered a bacon roll, despite the fact that McDonald's does not in fact serve such a meal, then you staggered around upstairs looking for a toilet and some pimply employee told you off. That was about it.
Debaser

oh christ...
Sir Psycho Sexy
it was funny, i had a great night even if someone did drink all the beer and i ended up spending what felt like a good hour routing through the yellow pages looking for a hotel where i could look after dayan and not have to sneak him in.....bloody drunken bastard....so yeah, next meet no beer for dayan....or someone else has to look after him and put him up in a hotel dry.gif
CommieBastard
Yup, next time Dayan has a strict limit, and also more people come. Like Alanity. And maybe some Americans, that would be ishtastic.
WeeJ
So...other than Dayan's drunkiness...did everyone turn out to be as we expected? Am I really as tiny as you all thought I was?
Was Mata as tall as we thought he was? Was Fuzzy as fuzzy as we imagined?...
CommieBastard
I didn't expect quite such a level of fuzziness from Fuzzy, 'tis true. And I would have thought you were taller. And I didn't know Mata was that tall. Or Pat, or Jon, for that matter. I felt quite small, being a mere 6'2".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.