Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 11 2003, 04:54 PM)

Well done woman biggrin.gif laugh.gif
gary
so whats gunna happen a big piss up
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 11 2003, 05:05 PM)
Well done woman biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Why thank you *takes a bow*. There are some really useless ones on there but it might give people an idea of cost and location. Selly Oak, Edgbaston, Hagley Road, and City Centre are all good places.

In answer to your question Gary, yes! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
Not necessary a piss up as there are gonna be some under 18's with us remember...
Some of the group may want to split up and go shopping and meet later. Maybe we could all go to a retaurant if we book in advance...I favour Pizza Hut tongue.gif
Maybe we could streak through the new Bull Ring shopping Centre... wink.gif

A good pub/bar has already been mentioned (Scruffy Murphys) but nothing solid has been decided as in what we're gonna do.
gary
A piss up is needed, how can we not, the young ens will be ok we'll just have to get someone to babysit hehee
Industrial Kybosh
A nice split of booze and non-booze venues would be good - I am in favour of Scruffy's and Pizza Hut, with time out for shopping/boozing.
gary
i'm up for that too.

I do think that some kind of permition or understanding should be considered for people under 17, we don't want to get into any bother do we
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 11 2003, 05:14 PM)
A nice split of booze and non-booze venues would be good - I am in favour of Scruffy's and Pizza Hut, with time out for shopping/boozing.

I wanna do them all though!!!!

I know, I'll get drunk, go shopping and then go eat at pizza hut biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
Good well it all sounds great so far. Anyone want to suggest a time? We can either meet early (around 11/12) and have an early lunch, shop and then go boozing or we can meet later just for the boozing. That way the 'younguns' can join in too! biggrin.gif

Perhaps we should set a time at the Italian place and then onto Pizza Hut (WeeJ remind me where it is!), then we can go shopping for a bit perhaps splitting up into smaller groups or not (whatever we decide) and then meet at around 5/6 in Scruffy's?

How's that for a itinery?

Sam
x
gary
i still think we need to think this through a bit better, what if something happens to the younger people, i know I sound like a bore but brum is a big city, and if it went tits up.
just for peace of mind how old will the youngest person be?
WeeJ
There's a couple of Pizza Hut's in Brum Pixie. There's one by Toys R Us by the Birmingham Accademy (where I busy my ankle dry.gif ) and one on corporation street just by New Street Station.

11am sounds great as its not too early for those who live far away and not too late so we can't enjoy the day biggrin.gif Does that sound good to everyone else???

(and I like the weaing matazone t shirts idea although we might look a bit odd walking round brum wearing the same clothes laugh.gif )

right...I'm off home now...bbl
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 11 2003, 03:26 PM)
I was making this suggestion to Leo for your guy's meet.

Basically what it consists of is, if you don't have a Matazone shirt, well you'll need to buy one.  Think of it.  You're all trying to meet up in a busy public place, what's the best way to find eachother?  All wear a matazone shirt, because we all know what they look like, and because it's in support of this site.  Oh and if you do own one, buy another one, so your's can be brand new for your meet.

I wish I could go, but alas I don't think I could make the swim. lol

What a superb idea, it'd also be a great way to advertise matazone to the people of Brum heheh i think i'll get a new one...when the new LGG one come's out...when ever you're read mata no rush or anything tongue.gif
WeeJ
::bump::

It's gonna be so groovy smile.gif
leopold
erm... since we're meetin at the station, I think I'll be comin down on the choo choo... I parked in Brum once (at a car park on Broad Street) an it cost me a blimmin fortune!!

I was in Brum today... pity I never thought to ask anyone about cheap B&Bs...
WeeJ
It'll be funny if some of us find each other on the trains...lol

/me washes snowdrop t shirt ready for the big day
Industrial Kybosh
So...

Mittens or Snaffy? Which should I choose?

I'm quite excited now. It's actually going to happen! Wewt!
leopold
Pick mittens, dude...

I'm gonna get me the new "Hack..." tee, an it'd look bobbins if we turned up in the same character...
WeeJ
dude...Mittens. Hands down...

I need to buy a new mousemat but I'm scared of Cafe Press unsure.gif
should I buy a new t shirt too?
Industrial Kybosh
Well, my Mittens T is a bit worn-in, but it is my fave... I feel the urge to buy a new one coming on, mind...

/me waits for pay to get into the ol' account... dry.gif
WeeJ
Dammit Inky! You've forced me into buying a new t shirt now... rolleyes.gif

When my mom moans at me...i shall blame you tongue.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Fine... I can take it... tongue.gif

So, do we bagsy characters now or what? Wearing the same as another forumite would be OK, but best avoided, like the 'pold said.

Anyway, Mittens is mine, fuggers, so back off! Nyaaaaaah!
WeeJ
Ok...So I didn't buy a t shirt. I nought a LGG mouse mat instead. I can't wear it butI wanted it anyway tongue.gif

I can't really purchase another t shirt until I can figure out a way to shrink them a bit. The smallest size is too big for me **blush**

I'm a size 8-10 in tops but I like em' tight
leopold
Oh, I dun mind the social faux pas so much... I jus think as the two forum stars that we are, inks, that it might be a bit cheesy if we show in the same shirt...
WeeJ
With 8-10 of us going, I think ther may be one or two of us wearing the same t shirt tongue.gif laugh.gif
Industrial Kybosh
I just wanna know who I have to stay away from to avoid embarrassment... wink.gif

Heh... we're going to look like the geekiest gang that ever hit Birmingham... Sweet...
leopold
laugh.gif laugh.gif LMAO!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nah, I'm sure the trekkie convention will have us beat...
WeeJ
Well. we'll think we're cool. Even if we are all in denial lol....

I'm really looking forward to this biggrin.gif
WeeJ
Bump bumpity bump bump
Alanity
I always wear long sleeves so count me out of the tshirt thingy....
WeeJ
You'll have to wear a big badge instead then...lol

'My name is Alanity'

laugh.gif...... huh.gif
Alanity
LOL Mataholics anonymous..
"Hello my name is Alanity and I sniff peoples spicy brains"
Industrial Kybosh
Long sleeve under Mata T, Alanity? Tres chic, non?
talking to faeries
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 12 2003, 12:05 AM)
Ok...So I didn't buy a t shirt. I nought a LGG mouse mat instead. I can't wear it butI wanted it anyway tongue.gif

I can't really purchase another t shirt until I can figure out a way to shrink them a bit. The smallest size is too big for me **blush**

I'm a size 8-10 in tops but I like em' tight

The extra small sizes is small. I'm an 8-10 too and I bought an extra small top and it fits really well and is a bit tight to satisfy you tight top needs. Just thought I'd put that in so that you can now stop depriving yourself of a funky t shirt biggrin.gif
Mata
This is the trouble when you've only got a certain amount of money to buy your range with...

If you drop me an email then next time I'm getting a batch printed I might be able to get one in the size you need. If you want a 'hack' logo one in small then drop me a line very soon because I think they may well be being printed very soon indeed (possibly Monday 14th July).

I might wear a swardsmen T, I might just wear something else. I figure you've probably all seen my face enough times to recognise me by now!
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 13 2003, 12:19 PM)
If you drop me an email then next time I'm getting a batch printed I might be able to get one in the size you need. If you want a 'hack' logo one in small then drop me a line very soon because I think they may well be being printed very soon indeed (possibly Monday 14th July).

Thats brillinat thanks Mata... 8-10 UK size would be fantastic. You should probably think about having a ranger of slightly smaller sizes as i should imagine that there's quite a few petite people here...just a suggestion.
Alanity
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 13 2003, 03:53 AM)
Long sleeve under Mata T, Alanity? Tres chic, non?

Ooo, yay, that would work, now I just have to persuade my dad to get one for me...
WeeJ
Just to confim.....

6th September.
11am.
Sbarro Cafe (italien place) in Birmigham New Street.
Wear a matazone t shirt.
going drinking/shopping/hanging out.

Am I right?
gary
its still a time away yet isn't it, but i still need to get a t shirt thou i don't get paid till the 23rd of this month,
leopold
Gary, from what I've heard Mata gets those babies out really fast... so fret not, ya should have it in enough time to wear it several times before the meet!
gary
nice one smile.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 13 2003, 12:19 PM)
I might wear a swardsmen T, I might just wear something else. I figure you've probably all seen my face enough times to recognise me by now!

i dunno, you seem to look subtly different in every pic i've seen....maybe it's just me
Mata
I think that's just stress aging me rapidly wink.gif
Mata
6th September.
11am.
Sbarro Cafe (italien place) in Birmigham New Street.
Wear a matazone t shirt.
going drinking/shopping/hanging out.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make 11am, I'll have to check with the train times, I think it takes a few hours to get there from Winchester.

As long as there are a fair few people wearing t-shirts then that should be enough of a critical mass to recognise eachother. I tend to get them to people in the UK in three or four days at most. It would look a bit daft if we all turned up wearing the same thing!
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 13 2003, 09:47 PM)
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make 11am, I'll have to check with the train times, I think it takes a few hours to get there from Winchester.

what time then???
WeeJ
::bump::
Phyllis
i dunno if this has been suggested yet...but i think that someone in the group of ya should bring a camera with a timer so you all can take a lovely group picture to share with us in america and elsewhere who cannot make it to the meet. dry.gif
Mata
I think Leo said he's bringing a camera....

I've just checked the train times. Since I don't really fancy getting up at seven I think the train that arrives at 12:45 will be a lot more civilised.

How about setting the meeting time to be one o'clock. That way we can meet up and go straight out for lunch smile.gif
WeeJ
That sounds like a great plan.
If its any help, I'll volenteer to email all the people who have posted interest in this thread and give them all the details. Let me know if that'll help Mata...was just thinking it means people who want to go but may miss the thread won't miss out on the mata day out. If that makes sense... blink.gif
Mata
We'll wait until a little closer to the time and then get a finalised list of people who are coming sorted out. It is still another two months away yet!
WeeJ
lol...i'm getting rather ahead of myself. I like to be organised... laugh.gif

I've just spent five minutes going through this thread and so far there have been 17 people expressing an interest in going..Those people being...

Me & Drarok (my other half)
Spuglet (my other side half)
Leo
Sir Phyco Sexy
Mr Fuzzy
Mata & Sues
Pixiegoth and Ed (her other half)
Mingtea
Silver Storm Dragon
Covert yawn
Inky
Gary
Alanity
Talking to Faeries. phew. and thats the lot so far...(and forgetting anyone elses other halfs lol)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.