Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Family Album Decision
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
LoLo
Cand and I talked about it and she's going forth with the MIA members. When she's done I'll link it to the original family album. Here are the standards:

If you do not announce your departure from the forums, you get 3 months before becoming MIA.

If you announce your departure from the forums, you get a month before you're MIA. (this is to see if the person truly leaves or not because we all know how some people can say they're leaving and then don't, or come back the next week.)

If someone comes back and isn't MIA anymore they'll be added back to the other family album.

Thanks Cand for this idea and doing the work.

I couldn't seem to talk her into taking over the whole album though. Darn! lol
Phyllis
it's no problem happy.gif i told ya i needed a hobby, lol.
Phyllis
okay....we have a problem...lol.

i can't see each member's most recent posts, so i have no way of knowing if someone has been inactive for a certain amount of time. so, i guess we'll all have to go on our own judgement. the only one i know for certain will go up there is hins in one month if she hasn't come back.

i already asked cheese's advice on this...i went through and basically just picked out people that i didn't recall seeing post the whole time i've been here. so, if any of you have seen any of the following people post recently, please tell me smile.gif (or if you think i forgot anyone who hasn't been posting):

cthulhu
dancing altoid
fts drummer
guy
hate machina
hinsley (if not back by mid-august)
kameekins
lady dark peach
ninja kitty
princess dani
saucy tara
and witchblade babe
LoLo
fts is going to be deleted.....no need to put him on the mia site
Phyllis
ok...no fts. rock on.

i was also thinking...if you guys want to say a little blurb about your friends that aren't around anymore, just PM me w/ what you wanna say about who and i'll stick it on their member page. smile.gif

but be sure to put exactly what you want me to say about your friend in quotes...and any typos = your fault happy.gif cause i'm just gonna copy and paste...hehe.
Phyllis
right..so. i'm finished! i basically followed the layout that lo used for the main family album, but added a few changes here and there so i wouldn't feel like a complete plagiarist...lol.

click me now!

i put in all of the people i discussed before. i also have a little "watch list" made up that consists of people that cheese told me he saw post once or twice recently...but as they seem to be dwindling off, in three months time if they haven't posted anything else, i'll add them to the MIA fam. album. it's on a post-it stuck to my desk, lol. once again if there's anyone else you all think should be up there, let me know.

so, there you have it. smile.gif enjoy kiddies and send me some blurbs to put up on the members' pages! happy.gif it'll make em feel special if they do happen to come back.
elf
happy.gif It was a good idea, Cand... I'm a bit late on replying, but it's a waste of space if you have nothing to see or hear... in my opinion.
hinsley
i do lurk around the issues forum sometimes, but delete me if needs be, or wants be or wateva.
Phyllis
ty elf happy.gif

and i have another idea....though i'm unsure about this one....

okay..for the MIA album.....after talking to cheese, i have learned that a lot of the people up there didn't post much and were not well known, so the likelihood of me getting people to write blurbs about them *see a few posts up if you don't know what i'm talking about* is slim to none, with maybe one or two exceptions.

my idea was that i could split the MIA album into two sections...one with media files (pictures, sound) and one without. the one without could just be used to say "i miss this person, they were my best friend, i wish they'd come back" or whatever you feel like saying about those that have left that you really miss.

the reason i propose this is it seems to me that all the people who are gone that people on here really cared about don't have any pictures or sound files, and i think it'd be nice to have a little area devoted to them, where their friends' messages about them can be posted up.

but, there could always just be "i miss...*insert name here*" threads (same as when we voted on the regular fam. album...could just answer any of the numerous surveys). but my thought is, this wouldn't get buried in page 3948239483 of daft or something....if they ever did come back, it'd be there for them to see....plus even though they never submitted any media files, i'd imagine they're still considered a part of the family regardless... meh i dunno lol now i'm just rambling.

*EDIT* no one wants to delete you from the main family album, hins, but you made the choice of leaving....you don't post anymore, and the formula we made says that everyone gets one month after they announce they are departing. i'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, but that's the way we decided to deal with everyone. and you won't be deleted, anyhow, just moved to the MIA album.
CrissiLove
ooohhhhhhh *impressed!* that looks really cool, candice!!! smile.gif You did an awesome job!!!
Phyllis
tyvm crissi! happy.gif

*edit* gah it rolled over to another page....well everyone go to page two and tell me what ya think about the really long post of mine that's towards the bottom...lol
MoonlightSavingsTime
I think your last idea was a good one, candice. The one about splitting the website and ... stuff. I'm too tired to be coherent or detailed right now. Good job on the MIA website too. smile.gif
Phyllis
tyvm moonlight smile.gif
hinsley
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 15 2003, 11:48 PM)
*EDIT* no one wants to delete you from the main family album, hins, but you made the choice of leaving....you don't post anymore, and the formula we made says that everyone gets one month after they announce they are departing. i'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, but that's the way we decided to deal with everyone. and you won't be deleted, anyhow, just moved to the MIA album.

ithink you read my post wrong, it wasnt meant to bitch or anything, i was jsut sayin i dont mind if you delte/ move or eateva cause i dont really post anymore.

re read it, i wasnt stressy at all!
Phyllis
ah ok then. it was the "or want be, whatever" part that made me take it wrong.

im glad it didn't upset you, hins. i was thinking it did from your post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.