Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Not Big And It's Not Clever
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
Wheee... I like piercings

Industrial Kybosh
Kewl. Now your ear is like a metal stegosaurus.

Result!

Seriously, though, they suit, and look rather nifty.

I've always considered a piercing myself, but I've never been able to decide on where. Same with tattoos - my GF has three of 'em, but I'm utterly un-inked due to abject indecision...
Mata
Ink is a whole different level (whole/hole... Piercings... Holes... geddit?... Never mind). If I get bored with these then I can take them out and the hole grows over. A tattoo is there forever (not counting very expensive laser surgery) so you've got to be very sure what you want done.
saucy_tara
I have piercings in some great places, but photos would probably be an insult to public taste and decency.....
Industrial Kybosh
Puns aside (a long, long way aside dry.gif), you're very right. A tattoo is a live-long commitment, and I've just never had a strong enough feeling about a design.

But I would fancy a nice eyebrow ring or bar. Gnarly.

Tara - nipples, or... uhm... elsewhere? *cringe*
Mata
I've had a few in places that I wouldn't post on here but mostly they've slowly been growing out so I removed them before they scarred. I really miss my lower abdominal one.
saucy_tara
Right, I have: eyebrow (2) nose (3) lip(1) navel(10) rude bits(3- 2 inner labia and one chrstina which is just above the clit hood but not through it) rolleyes.gif and 3 tattoos, celtic on left arm, tribal dragon on right and a cute "moon monster" on my right leg. Want more tho.... sad.gif
saucy_tara
Sorry, navel only 1, don't think anyone could have ten!!!!!
Industrial Kybosh
Have any trouble with airport metal detectors?
Mata
S.T. I see you live up to your name then!

I did set off the metal detector on my way to the US a few years ago, they ran it over my body, looked at me when it beeped and let me pass! biggrin.gif
saucy_tara
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Haven't been throo any but I do jingle a bit....
saucy_tara
Oh yes I am the queen of sauce, it's true...
Industrial Kybosh
Ha! Nice work, Mata...

Tara - do you think you'd qualify as a percussion instrument if shaken?
saucy_tara
Reckon I would InKy wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh

...I am finding this line of conversation oddly arousing, and will cease it forthwith...

saucy_tara
That's probably a good idea, as it's only 1.30 and some of us have to act normally..... wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
I am acting normally. It's not my fault that I have the inquisitive mind of a four-year-old and the libido of a pubescent teen, whilst shifting rapidly into mid-twenties-dom...

I'm not right in the head, I tells ye...
tuv
Cool ear spikes.

I've had at one point or another 3 piercings, but I'm currently down to just the tongue. My first was through my ear and third was through a spot that, once removed I didn't want to risk forcing back in.

As for tattoos, I've got one on my left bicep and one that covers my entire back.
NoName4444
::sigh:: I've never had any piercings. I've considered them, but my gf doesn't want me to have one. Oh wells.
Industrial Kybosh
GFs can be so mean...

At least mine lets me wear nailvarnish. Actively encourages it, in fact. She's a glam chick at heart...
leopold
I have one ear piercin, an that's it.

I feel so lame... sad.gif

But I did have it done by a crazy mate at Uni - he heated up a big feck-off needle with his zippo, an used a pack of frozen bacon (even tho he's veggie!) as an *cough* anaesthetic.

To say it hurt is like sayin the Pacific Ocean is a tad deep. ohmy.gif

I dun use it too much these days but it still works an I can still wear me heavy pentagram in it without needin a neck-brace laugh.gif
Jonman
(to the tune of the Adam's family)

They're shiny and they're spiky .
You don't look like a pikey.
Folk will say "ooh crikey"
At the metal-ear-spike-things.

Thank-you. I'll be here all week.
ravein
hahaha.. love the spikes! There are fabulous... I thought about getting a ear plug.. but it is just painfull and it never heals right... So I will stick with my few private pericings and my 5 tatoos.. (which only one I feel bad about.. bad tequilla bad!) But the spikes are awesome!! biggrin.gif
Disturbia
Ok - they're cool! biggrin.gif
craziness
i love the way piercings look but this all sounds incredibly painful to me. i wanna geta few more in my ears and maybe my nose (eventually) but all of that other stuff...ouch! and tatts loook awesome but i doubt that ill ever go through with egtting one. guys with their ears pierced are sexy!!!!!!!!!! nipple piercins i think are pretty nasty though. and all the other stuff that goes away from your face kinda freaks me out too...
jicama
narb! i had my ears pierced when i was a kid, but i let them grow over 'cause i'm allergic to nickel so it was too much trouble.
i'd get a tat, but well... with me it's not indecision, it's paranoia. i'm fearful that after i get it, some britney spears type person will get the same one or one very much like it and then i'll have to go through live as a walking advertisement for something i despise... damn my over active imagination!

so anyway, i just stick to jewelry. i've got enough rings, ear cuffs, necklaces, anklets, and braclets to open my own shop!
Mata
I know what you mean about the worry that a pop star that you don't like will go and get a tattoo that you've had done, but to me that's just a very good reason to make sure you don't use flash art, you design your own tattoo and so will be sure that no-one else has it.

As far as I know no-one has any of the characters from my site tattooed on them yet...
saucy_tara
Yet......... wink.gif
NoName4444
LOL, little goth girl would make an awsome tat! Not that i think I'm ever going to get one, but it's a nice idea biggrin.gif
MAtt
yup.... i don't think i could handle the pain...
NoName4444
ug, I don't like having my blood taken or shots, let alone having ink injected into my skin. Oh well, hopefully one day I can get an ear ring in my left ear. ph34r.gif
talking to faeries
I had my ears pierced when I was little, but I dont wear them anymore. I had a tattoo on my back last year too, its a temporary one so it only lasts 4 - 7 years. I'm gonna get it done permanently soon tho
Mata
It's very hard to find anywhere that does temporary tattoos in the UK. I think that there's an attitude of 'if you want a tattoo you should have a permanent one' among the old-school tattooists, but I think that that's slowly passing.

I would definitely consider tats if they only lasted a few years, longer than that is a more dubious issue.
witchblade_babe
nice spikes ^^V.

i want to get a tatoo on my arm of the witchblade (can you tell im obbessed yet?) i'd make the design ~grins~ but that only is if i can get over my haterd of needles ~shutters~ ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

i wanted a eyebrow percing but i dont know if i'd look good with it ph34r.gif blink.gif unsure.gif rolleyes.gif
MAtt
ever just drawn on yourself with a sharpie tad ah temp tatoo
talking to faeries
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 20 2003, 05:42 PM)
It's very hard to find anywhere that does temporary tattoos in the UK. I

I had mine done in a little place in Cardiff. The only trouble was that it took ages to do...over an hour and a half and its only a little tattoo...worth it tho, cos if I didn't like it, at least I knew that it would be gone in a couple of years.
MAtt
it takes years?
talking to faeries
yeah, the one I had lasts for about 4 to 7 years. I'm gonna get it done permanently in a couple of weeks tho
ravein
That is a very fabulous idea.. I have never heard of those in the states.. but.. what else is new..
talking to faeries
Yeah..it is a good idea, and apparently they dont hurt as much as permanent tattoos which is always a good thing, unless you like pain of course, but I'm not going down that road at the moment!!
saucy_tara
Ya bunch of wooses!!! It is uncomfortable, a bit like someone scratching your sunburn, and it hurts more on the shoulder, back, ankle etc, but it's nothing too bad, honest!! And after about 10 minutes the sound of the tattoo gun buzzing lulls you into an almost trance like state....Honest, really it does!!! smile.gif
talking to faeries
yeah...you can have sweet dreams whilst listening to the big scarey needle thats digging into your skin and scarring you for life...lovely peaceful dreams
saucy_tara
But your'e having yours done soon aren't you? Sweet dreams then.....
Industrial Kybosh
Watching people getting tatts done it quite amusing. I watched my GF having a Chinese dragon done on her back, and was absolutely rapt. There was a bit of blood and some gritting of teeth, but afterwards she claimed that it was OK - in fact, she found that it tickled in certain places.

The prospect of pain doesn't put me off. Just the prospect of getting a design that I grow tired of, and which looks crap when I get old and wrinkly.
oxym0ronical
I've 9 piercings total.. 4 in each ear and my tongue. I'm done with piercings though. I also have a small tat (permanent) on my right shoulder.. it's a rose in a tribal. The ears hurt more than everything else, if that tells you anything.
saucy_tara
I had my first one done at a tattoo convention, and it was cool looking around at everyone, seeing what they were having done.It's a definate buzz being watched while you are bein tattooed
MAtt
really, for me no tattos cuz i might regret it later
NoName4444
Hmm... a temp tattoo.... that would be really cool. I wouldn't mind having one if it lasted only 4-7 years. Tee hee, I could get a dragon! Dude... ph34r.gif
jicama
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 20 2003, 06:37 PM)
The prospect of pain doesn't put me off. Just the prospect of getting a design that I grow tired of, and which looks crap when I get old and wrinkly.

agreed. also, the fear that the tattoo artist would do a bad job puts me off. i could go for one of those temerary ones though. or henna. heck, the stick on tattoos are great! i had a strongbad one at christmas.
jicama
oh dear, i'm missing a p in that last post, aren't i? more sleep for jicama...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.