Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 'ask Each Other Questions' Thread!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Phyllis
dude....caveman wedding. someone has to do that!

everyone: what is your favorite prefix? (as we already know all about suffixes.....has this been asked before? it seems it would have been)..hmm. mine is un. it can be added to everything...like "that is so uncool" or "color me unexcited" fUN. happy.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 28 2003, 12:03 PM)
InKy: which smilie is the best? rate it on a scale from 0 to 2 in the following categories: taste, texture, scent, and swimsuit competition.

It'd coem down to a close battle between cool.gif and happy.gif... perfect 2s across the board for the first three, but an eventual win for the happy.gif with a startlingly daring one-piece assymetrical bathing number, compared to cool.gif and its frilly bloomers and gravy-stained vest.

Hoorah!

cand - in a race between a brick and a mahole cover, which one would you root for, and how would you show your support?

Oh, and viz prefixes - I've always liked quasi-, pseudo- and proto-. You can make some great words that mean very little but make you seem intelligent. Y'know, in a quasi-postmodern, protosemantic way...
Phyllis
oooohhh those are some good prefixes there, InKy.

and i would root for the manhole cover in a race. my reason being a manhole cover can roll on its side. what can a brick do? nothing but lay there, maybe get covered in some mortar....which would actually defeat the purpose of the race by causing the brick to become permanentely stuck to something.

i would show my support by cheering very loudly and embarrassing all of my friends/family who chose to attend the event with me. i would not, however, jump up and down....as this could result in me getting black eyes. blink.gif

anyone: would you rather be forced to type in 1337 or CaPiTaLiZe EvErY oThEr LeTtEr?
MistressAlti
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 28 2003, 06:32 AM)
anyone:  would you rather be forced to type in 1337 or CaPiTaLiZe EvErY oThEr LeTtEr?

1337. Good lord. At least it takes a few quick translating skills to write and read 1337. But how much intelligence does one need to ride the shift key?!?

InKy: Isn't this the coolest thread resurrection ever? And did you see your new song dedication?

Cand: Veiny Throbbing Peni or Splitting Virgins: which is the superior band name?

Kidvish: Who's cuter, me or syuu? SAY SYUU DAMMIT
Debaser
Debs - what is the best way to release a hefty fart at a polite dinner party?

oh, jesus h. christ. erm...probably to shuffle yourself discreetly so that your buttocks are as far apart as possible, and then just let it squeeze out slowly, clenching the moment you hear noise...

anyone: would you rather be forced to type in 1337 or CaPiTaLiZe EvErY oThEr LeTtEr?

1337, ( /-\(_)53 1337 1Z +34 |2()><()|2.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 28 2003, 05:20 AM)
MissyA - will you answer this question?

Yes... but only because I've ignored every other question in this thread...

One of these days I'll backtrack and answer the other ones, but that's okay.

InKy - Happy now?
Phyllis
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 28 2003, 08:59 AM)
Cand: Veiny Throbbing Peni or Splitting Virgins: which is the superior band name?

wow...so hard to choose. i think i'd have to go with splitting virgins. oh but wouldn't it be awesome if two bands with those names toured together? i think Chunky Lungs and Toxic Snot should also tour together......they just...fit happy.gif

Missy: how many times can you use chinga in one sentence?
Sun Tsu
SunTsu - what one piece of furniture would you throw at Hitler?

Hmm...probably a table leg....

Sun Tsu: does panda fur feel anything like a cashmere sweater?

Yeah, but i can't take it off.....

inky: do you have a rubber ducky IRL?
Debaser
everyone who knows what i'm talking about - are the rubber ducks haunting me? they're everywhere...inky's av, mata's sig...aaaaargh...
CommieBastard
My girlfriend wants to know: (directed at our Yankee brethren) Have you heard of the band Ash? And is it right that they tour the US constantly, returning only when I'm on holiday?
MistressAlti
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 28 2003, 12:26 PM)
Missy: how many times can you use chinga in one sentence?

I dunno, let me try it.

Chinga chinga chinga, chinga: chinga chinga chinga chinga, chinga chinga, chinga chinga chinga - chinga chinga chinga chinga chinga; chinga chinga chinga/chinga chinga?

23. So it appears.

---

Debs - YES. They are, actually. They want revenge for the way you abused their brother.

---

Questions now:

Debbie - "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" or "Chinga!" ?

Candice - When you were a kid, did you like Christmas or your birthday more?
Debaser
gah...stupid rubber ducks...it already got it's revenge, dammit...

Debbie - "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" or "Chinga!" ?

"chinga!", because it doesn't make me want to rip out my eardrums from the pain...
Phyllis
my birthday i think. mainly because i was a spoiled brat and on my birthday all of the attention was focused on me....lol.

debs: yes....yes they are haunting you. the question i have for you is...do you want them to? unsure.gif
Sun Tsu
Missy: how many tags is that now? and why do you keep changing and getting rid of really good lain tags? really good.

um..also, do you think im stupid because i dont know how many letters are in the alphabet?
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Jul 28 2003, 12:50 PM)
Missy: how many tags is that now? and why do you keep changing and getting rid of really good lain tags? really good.

um..also, do you think im stupid because i dont know how many letters are in the alphabet?

I think that's tag number 11. I'd have to count.

Why? Because I have a short attention span and I'm very easily bored.

I'm not getting rid of them, though, I'll cycle them back through when I start to miss them.

I actually really really really liked the tag I had on before I made this av/sig combo of my ugly mug... I'll definitely put it back up when I'm done proving to the world how incredibly un-cute I am.

Nah, you're not stupid. A bit slow on the uptake, maybe, but aren't we all sometimes...

Questions:

Sun: Isn't Lain just the coolest anime character ever?

Debbie: Are there any other foreign objects that have penetrated the same area as the duck that we should know about?
Debaser
debs: yes....yes they are haunting you. the question i have for you is...do you want them to?

noooo! hell nooooo! damn them...

Debbie: Are there any other foreign objects that have penetrated the same area as the duck that we should know about?

/me ashamedly nods...marker pens, pritt stick, batteries, mobile phone, electric razor...probably more, but i can't remember... >_<
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 28 2003, 06:57 PM)

Yes. Shes so cute and distubing and im going to order her series on dvd soon...

missy: could i order it on amazon?

debs: if you could be sonic or knuckles for one day, which one would you pick?
Phyllis
debs - did any of these foreign objects get stuck? and did you enjoy it?
Debaser
debs: if you could be sonic or knuckles for one day, which one would you pick?

knuckles! damn straight it'd be knuckles! sonic has too much of an attitude problem...

debs - did any of these foreign objects get stuck? and did you enjoy it?

the duck got stuck. and no, i did NOT enjoy it. ask syuu, i was on the phone to her at the time... >_<
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (Debaser @ Jul 28 2003, 07:12 PM)
the duck got stuck. and no, i did NOT enjoy it. ask syuu, i was on the phone to her at the time... >_<

debs - did she record that call? any chance i can get a copy?
Debaser
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Jul 28 2003, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (Debaser @ Jul 28 2003, 07:12 PM)

debs - did she record that call? any chance i can get a copy?

...gaaaaaaaaaaah...

Remember me, Sun? You'd better run like hell...
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Jul 28 2003, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 28 2003, 06:57 PM)

Yes. Shes so cute and distubing and im going to order her series on dvd soon...

missy: could i order it on amazon?

Good boy.

Probably so. You'd have to check though. I have bootlegged VHS copies... unsure.gif

Sun: What is your favourite anime (movie or series, I'm not picky)?
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 28 2003, 07:20 PM)
Sun: What is your favourite anime (movie or series, I'm not picky)?

Hmmm...thats a tough one.

I'll probably suprise a lot of people by saying its not akira.....it was a good film but not that good...

My favorite is probably street fighter. Or ghost in the shell.

missy: have you ever seen a film called 'battle royale'?
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Jul 28 2003, 01:28 PM)
Hmmm...thats a tough one.

I'll probably suprise a lot of people by saying its not akira.....it was a good film but not that good...

My favorite is probably street fighter. Or ghost in the shell.

missy: have you ever seen a film called 'battle royale'?

Ghost in the Shell... I liked that one a lot...

But no, never seen Battle Royale.

Sun: Should I see it?
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 28 2003, 07:29 PM)
But no, never seen Battle Royale.

Sun: Should I see it?

Yup. A live action japanese film nearly banned over here, not sure about the states...download it or get it somehow....
Jaq
Okay. I've got a question for everyone. Have you seen the Animatrix? I think it was posted on a thread not too long back and now it's being played on Pay Per View here. Yay! I'm gonna watch it! *has coupons for PPV*
vicrawr
Syuu: Will you marry me?
Missy: Will you marry me?

Everyone: Why am I weird?
MistressAlti
QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Jul 28 2003, 02:35 PM)
Missy: Will you marry me?

Sorry hon, I'm a one e-man woman. If you were female, though, I might be able to work something out... wink.gif

QUOTE (Jaq @ Jul 28 2003, 02:30 PM)
Have you seen the Animatrix?

I saw the 4 episodes that were on the internet, but the others... nope... I wish...

Open question - does hitting 5K make me a spammer?
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 28 2003, 08:39 PM)
Open question - does hitting 5K make me a spammer?

Sinceyou have the shirts, no.

open question: what should i order to eat?
elf
FOOD!

nah, a sandwich...? depends on where you are, really o_0

open question: am i still an elf? i feel different.
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (elf @ Jul 28 2003, 09:30 PM)

no, youre still an elf, just more in love with harry potter now...

I think i'll just get some chicken....
elf
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Jul 28 2003, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (elf @ Jul 28 2003, 09:30 PM)

no, youre still an elf, just more in love with harry potter now...

I think i'll just get some chicken....

exactly. thank you happy.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 28 2003, 04:59 PM)
InKy: Isn't this the coolest thread resurrection ever? And did you see your new song dedication?

Yes, and no. As in 'yes this is the coolest' (this thread and the Chain Quiz in music have always been my babies...) and 'no I have not seen my latest dedication. Has that bloody thread been revived again??? laugh.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 28 2003, 03:33 PM)
Has that bloody thread been revived again??? laugh.gif

I assume that was a question for me... and the answer is yes... tongue.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jul 28 2003, 06:40 PM)
My girlfriend wants to know: (directed at our Yankee brethren) Have you heard of the band Ash? And is it right that they tour the US constantly, returning only when I'm on holiday?

ANSWER OR BE CRUSHED WITHOUT MERCY!
elf
ermm, no i haven't commie XD
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jul 28 2003, 09:36 PM)

I have heard of ash, not my style of music though.....
MistressAlti
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jul 28 2003, 03:36 PM)

o_0

You worry me.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Jul 28 2003, 06:29 PM)
inky: do you have a rubber ducky IRL?

Sadly, no... but I used to have a family of them.

I really like waterfowl, as anyone who remembers my 'find me a pic of a duck!' episode on the original Spam thread can testify... my av pic came from that session - thanks much, jicama!

anyway, sun - what is the Colonel's secret recipe?
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 28 2003, 09:42 PM)
anyway, sun - what is the Colonel's secret recipe?

Ground up spam powder sprinkled on to the chickens....
Industrial Kybosh
Oh no you don't, you little bugger... I'm not hunting to revive you again...

Debs - is there anything in this world more exciting than the prospect of a Pixies reunion?

Missy - would anything we have to say convince you that you really are cute?

syuu - same question...

leo - bitter, lager, stout or ale?

sun - if you were caught licking a radiator, what would your excuse be?
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 29 2003, 10:29 AM)
Missy - would anything we have to say convince you that you really are cute?

Mmmm... probably not. But that depends on what you have to say, doesn't it?

InKy - so what DO you have to say about it?
WeeJ
Inky - Are you really insane or is it all a front to get women?
the lil' pie fairy
*pops head in* WeeJ, where does 'weej' come from?!
Industrial Kybosh
Missy - oh, I have plenty to say. You'll see it all in your thread eventually... wink.gif

WeeJ - I've never really seen insanity as a ploy to get female attention, but, hey, it seems to be working! laugh.gif Meh... if I was rich, I'd describe myself as 'naturally eccentric', but as a lowly pauper I suppose I'm just a bit silly, really...

And before WeeJ answers hers, may i state that I always assumed it was 'Wee J', as in 'little J' - her real name beginning with that letter and all...

Missy - flim-flam or pish-posh?

WeeJ - how's the SFT design thing coming along?
the lil' pie fairy
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 29 2003, 04:36 PM)
And before WeeJ answers hers, may i state that I always assumed it was 'Wee J', as in 'little J' - her real name beginning with that letter and all...

oh ok...sorry unsure.gif didnae know
Industrial Kybosh
I might be wrong, pie - indeed I probably am. It's just my guess wink.gif
WeeJ
It is indeed Wee J (as my name is Jennie) but it is pronounced WeeJ as in one syllabal.

And WeeJ comes from Tamworth in the UK biggrin.gif

I like this thread biggrin.gif
the lil' pie fairy
well you weren't wrong then inky! cheers weej x
Debaser
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 29 2003, 04:29 PM)
Debs - is there anything in this world more exciting than the prospect of a Pixies reunion?

NO! NOTHING WHATSOEVER IS MORE EXCITING THAT SEEING CHARLES, KIM, JOEY AND DAVE ON THE SAME STAGE PLAYING THE OLD SONGS AND POSSIBLY SOME NEW STUFF THAT WILL KICK AS MUCH ARSE AS POSSIBLE! NEVER!

...ahem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.