Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 'ask Each Other Questions' Thread!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Industrial Kybosh
Open question (and a sensible one for a change):

Does anyone have any idea how to centre-align text on these here forums? I like my sigs central, goshdarnit!
elf
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Aug 1 2003, 09:21 PM)
question for elf-how and where do i get a mini me like covert's and urs..lol?

kid: you get/hire a semi-professional pixeller, or you learn and do it yourself.

InKy:

CODE
<p align="center">put your text here</p>

open question: in what way d'you think of your e-spouse?
Phyllis
lmao I love your new sig, Liz! happy.gif It goes with nips, and you have to love nips.

And as for what way I think of my e-spouse(s)... Well, Lindy is a good friend, and I miss her a lot (damn computers anyhow). sad.gif Jaq is funny and I like talking to her, boy howdy I do. She's the only other person I've met aside from myself who has an appreciation for the wonderful phrase "boy howdy." Other than that, I'm e-engaged to Wolfbane. At least I think I am. She seems cool, but she's not around much, so I don't know if a wedding will actually ever happen.

Liz: When is your wedding going to happen? I need a time, woman! I'm trying to cut back my time on here, but I want to make it to your wedding. happy.gif
porcelainwarrior
i have a question ... why does my hair look tidy when i put a bandana on then a state when i take it off? i wear it too tight for my hair to mush so ... why?

as for the spouse question ... i think dayan may soon divorce me before i move down to london and camp outside his house tongue.gif
and gothic angel hadnt been around since i married her and i didnt actually know her when we got married ... but i love her too!
kidvicious2punk
lol,

open question-who do you think is the forum ladies' man?
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Aug 3 2003, 08:34 PM)
lol,

open question-who do you think is the forum ladies' man?

Leopold. biggrin.gif
porcelainwarrior
leo

'nuff said ...
elf
QUOTE (candice @ Aug 3 2003, 08:07 AM)
Liz: When is your wedding going to happen? I need a time, woman! I'm trying to cut back my time on here, but I want to make it to your wedding. happy.gif

Whenever everyone needed for the wedding is on, so... I dunno... x_x
Industrial Kybosh
Thanks to those who advised me. My sig is now, as you can see, presented in sexy centre-alignment. Oh my...

WeeJ - how much, on a scale of 1-10, are you looking forward to the UK Meet?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 4 2003, 09:43 AM)
WeeJ - how much, on a scale of 1-10, are you looking forward to the UK Meet?

Dude...about 11.7 biggrin.gif

Inky > What you gonna wear at the UK meet? My 'Hack the corporate reality' t shirt came through the post today biggrin.gif

Yay Me!
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 4 2003, 09:58 AM)
Inky > What you gonna wear at the UK meet? My 'Hack the corporate reality' t shirt came through the post today biggrin.gif

Yay Me!

I'm still mulling that over...

I love my Mittens T, but I fancy buying another one whilst I have the money. Maybe get me some LGG. I love the 'cloak' one. So maybe that. You'll see...

WeeJ - what's your tipple? Just so I can buy you a drink for helping get this MataMeet thing of the ground finally...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 4 2003, 10:36 AM)
WeeJ - what's your tipple? Just so I can buy you a drink for helping get this MataMeet thing of the ground finally...

rofl....super WeeJ with her pants on the outside biggrin.gif
As I've said to Mata, I'm more than glad to help.

And my chosen poison is Vodka and coke....yourself?
Industrial Kybosh
Practically anything, WeeJ - whatever's on offer... laugh.gif Unless it's Pernod or Ouzo or similar - that stuff makes me gag. Absinthe, however - now there's a drink...

Good call on the Voddy and Coke, though - those things got me through university. Cheap doubles at the Belle Vue - my liver will never forgive you...

WeeJ - I can't think of a question. Will you forgive me?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 4 2003, 10:43 AM)
WeeJ - I can't think of a question. Will you forgive me?

NEVER!!! mwah ha ha!

I'm such an interesting charectar (sp?)...there must be loads of stuff you wanna know about me! laugh.gif

Inky > Should we swap mobile numbers for Le Mata Meet?
hinsley
im quite sure no one has ever asked me a question in this thread. jsut thought id share. i shall not be back here. this is the lair of Chuck.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 4 2003, 10:45 AM)

Not a bad idea. I've got Debs', but it'd be nice to have one for someone who actually knows the place we're going to be meeting at.

You show me yours, I'll show you mine... wink.gif

WeeJ - what's the weirdest thing you've ever done whilst under the influence?
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (hinsley @ Aug 4 2003, 10:48 AM)
im quite sure no one has ever asked me a question in this thread. jsut thought id share. i shall not be back here. this is the lair of Chuck.

I'm quite sure you've never asked a question in here, hins. It's a bit give-and-take, for reasons that I outlined in an earlier post. To be asked, first you must ask.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 4 2003, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 4 2003, 10:45 AM)

Not a bad idea. I've got Debs', but it'd be nice to have one for someone who actually knows the place we're going to be meeting at.

You show me yours, I'll show you mine... wink.gif

WeeJ - what's the weirdest thing you've ever done whilst under the influence?

Right then...I'll PM you in a mo.

Weirdest thing whilst under the influence? I've done the usual falling over in front a of a bunch of strangers thing. I think I've only been severly drunk the once I'm glad to say. I tend to stop after a certain point as I get bored of drinking.

What about you Inky? Whats the weirdest things you've been up to whilst off your noodle?
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 4 2003, 10:58 AM)
What about you Inky? Whats the weirdest things you've been up to whilst off your noodle?

Oh, I've done manifold things whilst in a state other than the norm. Some embarrassing, some moronic, some funny...

But weird is the theme. And so this is my most surreal experience.

Reading Festival. Last day. In the mosh watching Garbage, I meet, purely by accident, an old friend. We decide to meet up afterward for some beers and a smoke (yes, yes, yes, I've done my share of druggage in my time...) back at my tent.

So it transpires that a bunch of us are sat around a hastily-built campfire, whilst all around us there is destruction - people clambering up tent poles, setting fire to tents, pushing over Portaloos. Our little group, however, is content to drink warm Foster's and smoke copious herbal mind-expansion.

Then the weirdness begins. Some genius sees this as the perfect point to put on a Star Wars story tape. Essentially, this tape is a badly-acted re-enactment of the events of 'Empire Strikes Back', with little R2-D2 noises to tell the listener when to turn the page.

Frankly, my head begins to collapse. All around, people are going mental. In the distance, a barn is burning down. One of my oldest, closest friends - whom I didn't even know was at the festival - is sat beside me. I'm off my tits on cheap lager and strong South-African-drugs-reefer-style-spliff-doobies. I'm sat round a campfire in a crowded field. And I'm listening to a f@cking Star Wars story tape.

One of those moments where you feel like you're watching your life as if it is part of a film. One directed by David Lynch in my case...

A long story, and one which fails to bring across just how odd the time was. But still, you did ask...

WeeJ - are you going to keep asking the same questions back to me that I've just asked, or are you going to think of ones of your own? tongue.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Aug 4 2003, 11:15 AM)
WeeJ - are you going to keep asking the same questions back to me that I've just asked, or are you going to think of ones of your own? tongue.gif

DAMN foiled again!

You're festival trippyness sounds rather... er...mind expanding to coin a phrase.

Ok...my own question...
Inky > How the hell do you smoke? I've never tried anything smokeyish at all...(I don't 'do' cigarettes) it just looks like sucking to the untrained eye.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 4 2003, 11:24 AM)
Ok...my own question...
Inky > How the hell do you smoke? I've never tried anything smokeyish at all...(I don't 'do' cigarettes) it just looks like sucking to the untrained eye.

laugh.gif

It's a skill you refine from simple repetition.

Essentially, it is sucking, but quite gentle. You draw the smoke down the length of the cigarette/joint from its burning tip, and into your lungs, where you hold it to draw out the 'goodness' (longer if it's drugs - you're paying for this pleasure), then exhale.

One thing to ensure is that you don't 'duckarse' (get the mouth-end tip wet) your smoke, especially if sharing with others. That leads to mockery and eventual social exclusion. Also, don't copy the people who hold lit fags in their mouths and smoke no-handed. The smoke gets right in your eyes - eep!

Of course, I in no way encourage smoking. It's f@cking stupid, frankly...

WeeJ - I'm going to get some lunch now. Want anything?
WeeJ
Ham salad sandwich please Inky. With mayo.

Damn it, I wish this sandwich was real sad.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 4 2003, 11:39 AM)
Ham salad sandwich please Inky. With mayo.

Damn it, I wish this sandwich was real sad.gif

I'll text it to you later.

Ciao for now! wink.gif
WeeJ
lol....mobile sandwich.
elf
BUMP

Open question: are you e-married?
CommieBastard
QUOTE (elf @ Aug 8 2003, 04:48 AM)
Open question: are you e-married?

Yup. To Nummy, and soon, to Aries.
Sun Tsu
Can someone give me a question? Im so bored.....
Debaser
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Aug 8 2003, 05:07 PM)

sun - will you give me some money? tongue.gif

/me runs before a repeat of the last time he asked sun for money happens...
WeeJ
Debs - Will you dance with me on the 6th?
Debaser
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 10 2003, 09:18 PM)

if you can prize inky off me for long enough, yeah tongue.gif
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (Debaser @ Aug 10 2003, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Aug 8 2003, 05:07 PM)

sun - will you give me some money? tongue.gif

/me runs before a repeat of the last time he asked sun for money happens...

Watch it.
elf
Open question: Do you lurve me or hate me?
Sun Tsu
luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve you. laugh.gif wub.gif
rosiemonkey
Seeing as I don't know you I'll go for the teen angst option of 'I hate you, I hate the world. Leave me alone' smile.gif
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (rosiemonkey @ Aug 10 2003, 10:08 PM)
Seeing as I don't know you I'll go for the teen angst option of 'I hate you, I hate the world. Leave me alone' smile.gif

That's................nice............ x_x
rosiemonkey
heh...well I'm sure you knew already but it was a joke smile.gif

(Sorry this was probably a pointless spam-like post)
leopold
QUOTE (Debaser @ Aug 10 2003, 09:20 PM)

Why would inkles be stuck to ya so tight anyways, d-man? Sounds a bit sordid ta me...

So, I've seen ya called "debbicles" a few times... how's it pronounced? Is it like icicles (debbi-culls) or is it more godlike (debbi-clees)?
Sun Tsu
Probably the first one, leo.........
WeeJ
QUOTE (rosiemonkey @ Aug 10 2003, 10:08 PM)

biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Rosie > Hello. How you finding the people here? Most of us don't bite. Well, Inky might...but he's only being affectionate laugh.gif
Debaser
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 10 2003, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (Debaser @ Aug 10 2003, 09:20 PM)

Why would inkles be stuck to ya so tight anyways, d-man? Sounds a bit sordid ta me...

So, I've seen ya called "debbicles" a few times... how's it pronounced? Is it like icicles (debbi-culls) or is it more godlike (debbi-clees)?

well...what you don't know, you don't need to know tongue.gif

and i'd go with the first one...but if i find you calling me debbicles at the meet, you may find your way under a train... tongue.gif
Mr Fuzzy
How about if we call you 'O dread lord of breadmakers'?
Debaser
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Aug 10 2003, 10:37 PM)
How about if we call you 'O dread lord of breadmakers'?

meh...i guess i could get used to it...
Mr Fuzzy
I thought so. Everybody secretly wants to be referred to as a dread lord of something. 9 out of 10 cats said they already are.
leopold
D-man, I have no intention of callin ya any name that inky bestowed on ya!! I'll stick wi yer real name...

Which is pronounced how, exactly? Is it like day (dei-an) or die (die-an)? Or what??
WeeJ
I always thought it was Day-an. I could be wrong.
leopold
Yeah, me too... but I'd rather be right...
Debaser
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 10 2003, 10:43 PM)
D-man, I have no intention of callin ya any name that inky bestowed on ya!! I'll stick wi yer real name...

Which is pronounced how, exactly? Is it like day (dei-an) or die (die-an)? Or what??

the first one...

actually, anyone who's going, remember that...the amount of times i've been called die-an isn't funny dry.gif
leopold
LOL yeah, I can imagine! People callin ya Diane can't be much fun...
NummyNums
elf: have you read the 5th harry potter and did you gry at th end?
elf
QUOTE (NummyNums @ Aug 10 2003, 03:04 PM)
elf: have you read the 5th harry potter and did you gry at th end?

Nums - Of course I read it, and I cried for about a week afterwards for 1 hour a day (3 hours on the first day... dammit... why'd she kill him off? X_X!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.