Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 'ask Each Other Questions' Thread!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Juiceisgood @ Sep 27 2003, 03:03 PM)
A Bloody Mary... All that tobasco and whastershire sauce (sp?) would be nasty in someone's eyes biggrin.gif

Worcestershire sauce. And yes, that would hurt like billy-o, you evil genius, you. wink.gif But who would deserve such a deadly beverage assault?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Sep 27 2003, 01:39 PM)
Open Q:

If you had to throw a glass of any liquid over and other person, what and who would it be? An explanation of why would be nice too...

Hmmm...a nice tall glass of frosty battery acid all over my boss...
Explanation? He's a w*nker.
Industrial Kybosh
I like that, WeeJ. Short and sweet. Much like yourself. wink.gif
WeeJ
Not with a glass of battery acid I'm not...

Actually...wouldn't the glass melt of dissolve or something?
LoLo
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 29 2003, 06:21 AM)
Not with a glass of battery acid I'm not...

Actually...wouldn't the glass melt of dissolve or something?

Not if you use the special battery acid holding glass available for just 19.95!
Pab
This is a great thread, so I thaught I'd do a little 'wow what a great thread' thing:

I have spent the last 48 hours divising a VB script certified randomizer, that automatically revives one question from this here thread. It was one hell of a task, too, as te parser had to detect actual questions, and not answers or more spammesque materials.

SO! Lets spin that vb wheel .......

And the question to be instantly and randomly revived is ....

Is .....!!!!!

Polocrunch :  What is your sexual orientation?

ty
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pab @ Sep 29 2003, 02:31 PM)
I have spent the last 48 hours divising a VB script certified randomizer, that automatically revives one question from this here thread. It was one hell of a task, too, as te parser had to detect actual questions, and not answers or more spammesque materials.

You know...you should have been working Pab...

What?!? You told me to nag and make you do some work!
WeeJ
InKy....How much more of your book do you have left to write?
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 30 2003, 01:03 PM)
InKy....How much more of your book do you have left to write?

Before it's finished? I'd say I've done about a third of it, by paper volume...

Before I can start sending it out? A couple of days proof-reading, and redrafting, and some further long, hard thinking about some of the names - not least that blasted angel - and it's ready to go out to agents.

hhnnnnkkkkhhh.......

/me foams at the mouth
WeeJ
You should give angel dude a Greek name. How about the Greek word for 'gardener'? Or maybe 'farmer'?
Industrial Kybosh
I'm going to get myself library-ward to check out Greek, Latin and maybe Celtic translations of certain words. Also, i'm going to print off that old thread I made where I asked for assistance. There were lots of top ideas in there...

I'll probably end up doing a composite name, using two words, or maybe the name of an established angel plus some other word or name.

Isn't this fun, kids?
Jaq
Yes. Yes it is.

InKy: do you really really really like the word "tad"?
Industrial Kybosh
Just a tad, Jaq.

sleep.gif

I'll be going through the book with tad-tweezers now, picking the little buggers out and replacing them with fresh synonyms. Thanks for that. laugh.gif
Rattgirl
Open: Has anyone ever heard of the band Boards of Canada? If so, what do you think?
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Oct 1 2003, 12:53 AM)
Open: Has anyone ever heard of the band Boards of Canada? If so, what do you think?

*orgasms*

That is all.
Rattgirl
*grins* Ah, I see we are in agreement!

*restarts the live BoC cd her coworker burned for her*

muaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa...
Industrial Kybosh
Ooooooh.... live BoC?

I only have 'Music Has The Right To Children' and 'Geogaddi'. Wonderful albums both.
LoLo
Open question, what do you think of the new av and sig tag?
Rattgirl
They be very nice smile.gif I likes muchly.

*goes off looking for good Golem pics*
Industrial Kybosh
I love the eyes in your av especially, Lo. Niftiness!

Great stuff, as we've come to expect from you...
phoenix
the sig tag makes me giggle, and i can't stop starring at her eyes (do not look at while driving)
CommieBastard
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 1 2003, 03:11 AM)

The av is cool. So is the sig, but the text changes too quickly for me and I had to stare at it for a while before I could figure out what it said.
LoLo
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Oct 1 2003, 04:04 AM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 1 2003, 03:11 AM)

The av is cool. So is the sig, but the text changes too quickly for me and I had to stare at it for a while before I could figure out what it said.

yeah Inky told me that too. To make it slower I have to add more frames, which means the file will be larger and take a lot longer to load for other members that's why I left it.
CommieBastard
Fair enough. I am not well acquainted with the mechanics involved.
Industrial Kybosh
See Kommie? LoLo, ever-philanthropic, has the best interests of poor dialup users like myself in mind.

Anyhow, it's still readable. Just takes a little longer to get the whole thing wink.gif

However, I swear that av's eyes follow me around. Not that I'm actually moving per se, but you get the general idea...
LoLo
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Oct 1 2003, 05:55 AM)
However, I swear that av's eyes follow me around. Not that I'm actually moving per se, but you get the general idea...

I wrote this program so that the avatar senses when you move and it's eyes move along with your movements! laugh.gif JUST KIDDING I'm not that smart.
phoenix
these are just random things that i've been pondering about:

1.Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

2.Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

3.What's another word for thesaurus?

4.When companies ship styrofoam, what do they pack it in?

5.If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?

6.If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?

7.What do you do when you see an endangered animal that eats only endangered plants?

8.Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do 'practice'?

9.When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
Rattgirl
QUOTE (phoenix @ Oct 1 2003, 02:31 PM)

1. Because mice taste like chicken. Mmmmm mice are soooo good! *helps herself to a second serving of mouse-burger stew*

2. Because the bottle, your hand, and the glue are all in different dimensions. Therefore, when holding a bottle of glue in your hand, you are creating a flux in the space-time continuum, which causes enough friction to create the flowy texture you see in the glue when it oozes out of the bottle. Consequently, the bi-dimensional states of glue and your body explain why eating too much of it makes you sick.

Really, I know what I'm talking about! Who're the guys with the nice white coats?
phoenix
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Oct 1 2003, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (phoenix @ Oct 1 2003, 02:31 PM)

1. Because mice taste like chicken. Mmmmm mice are soooo good! *helps herself to a second serving of mouse-burger stew*

2. Because the bottle, your hand, and the glue are all in different dimensions. Therefore, when holding a bottle of glue in your hand, you are creating a flux in the space-time continuum, which causes enough friction to create the flowy texture you see in the glue when it oozes out of the bottle. Consequently, the bi-dimensional states of glue and your body explain why eating too much of it makes you sick.

Really, I know what I'm talking about! Who're the guys with the nice white coats?

like chicken..... and different dimensions? well thats two questions i no longer have to ponder about. thanx
Rattgirl
QUOTE (phoenix @ Oct 1 2003, 03:37 PM)
like chicken..... and different dimensions? well thats two questions i no longer have to ponder about. thanx

Anytime! I'm available for answers to life's most difficult questions at all times, any day (or night).

I'm like Dr. Science except I BS about more than just science!
Logicman
Why do people drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?
Jaq
QUOTE (Logicman @ Oct 3 2003, 01:37 PM)
Why do people drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?

It's all an international conspiracy to drive you insane.

Next!
Rattgirl
*dances around and sings in a little-girl voice*

If nothing sticks to Teflon, how does Teflon stick to the pan?

And don't give me that "it's only non-stick on one side" because molecules are ROUND!
LoLo
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Oct 5 2003, 08:41 AM)
*dances around and sings in a little-girl voice*

If nothing sticks to Teflon, how does Teflon stick to the pan?

And don't give me that "it's only non-stick on one side" because molecules are ROUND!

its magic laugh.gif

Did you see the pic of my finger? it's gross! debs said he was glad he was done eating when he saw it. i dont blame him.
Rattgirl
I did! I saw it and it looked like it needed some lotion!

So I went and got some of my clover and green tea lotion and rubbed it on the screen but your finger just looked kinda smeary then.

but my screen smells good!
LoLo
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Oct 5 2003, 08:59 AM)
I did! I saw it and it looked like it needed some lotion!

So I went and got some of my clover and green tea lotion and rubbed it on the screen but your finger just looked kinda smeary then.

but my screen smells good!

lmao.....sorry thats great lol
WeeJ
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 5 2003, 04:52 PM)
Did you see the pic of my finger? it's gross! debs said he was glad he was done eating when he saw it. i dont blame him.

As I said in PM's...Pick your stiches our with your teeth smile.gif
You know you want to laugh.gif
Industrial Kybosh
If they were my stitches, I'd be gnawing on them right now...

Damn me and my compulsive nibbling...

Open question: How many times is it sensible to listen to the same album over and over without a break?

I've managed about five with Pink Floyd and Tori Amos, but I was starting to feel a little odd by the end of the fourth go-around... Variety truly is the spice of life...
WeeJ
I'd say twice is enough before you start clawing out your own eyes. Then again, I suppose it depends on what album it is.

Could you listen to any track by the Cheeky Girls just once before you begin trying to sedate yourself? With a meat cleaver?
Industrial Kybosh
Fair point, J. Though I'd rather 'sedate' the person who put the damn thing on - I sure as hell wouldn't...

Gah...

I agree that two is optimal - though I did give my new Desert Sessions album a three-time runthrough last night, and felt no major side-effects.

*twitch*

So, Jenneh - still bored at work?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Oct 7 2003, 01:02 PM)
So, Jenneh - still bored at work?

Out of my mind.
I've started counting the amount of hairs on my arm blink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Larf!

How many are you up to? Eight? Fifty-nine? Hundred and thirteen? Twelvety? Sixty-ten?

The world needs to know...
WeeJ
Thirteen sad.gif

I get so far and then realize I've already counted that hair before. I'm considering naming them to avoid confusion unsure.gif
Industrial Kybosh
oooh! Name one after me! Preferably your favourite one...

Hey WeeJ? Can you juggle?
Rattgirl
*waits her turn* happy.gif
Industrial Kybosh
/me pokes the Wheee

Hey! Three monkeys in a balloon - one in a hat, one with a cat, one on a mat. Which one stole my trousers?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Oct 7 2003, 01:44 PM)
oooh! Name one after me! Preferably your favourite one...

Hey WeeJ? Can you juggle?

Nope...I have two left arms...
And I've named the Longest hair Micheal happy.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Well, Jenneh, dearest, now is the time to learn! With your wide array of interesting stationery, you could put on quite a performance for your co-workers.

And yay for my new long-hair namesake! Thought, technically, I'm an -ael boy, not an -eal. But hey, I ain't picky - the love is still felt. Woo!
Rattgirl
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Oct 7 2003, 07:50 AM)
/me pokes the Wheee

Hey! Three monkeys in a balloon - one in a hat, one with a cat, one on a mat. Which one stole my trousers?

The one with the trousers on, of course! laugh.gif

*dances around wearing InKy's trousers as a cloak*
Industrial Kybosh
Get back here with those, you eeeebil Goddess! I wish to gird my loins!

Anyone fancy asking me a question now? My reserves of interrogative creativity are running dry...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.