Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 'ask Each Other Questions' Thread!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Industrial Kybosh
I never really hated any of my teachers at school...

But when I got to University! Oy veh!

Half of the Linguistics staff of UWB would be thoroughly deserving of one of those chair/desk combos upside the head.
NoName4444
::sniff sniff:: I'm gone for a night, and everyone posts like 100 times. When I was here not to long ago, this was like 3 pages. Now it's 19 pages. This forum is so harsh if you miss a night of posting. Oh well, I doubt anyone asked me any questions anyways. dry.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Just start all over again, regardless! Most of the intervening pages are jibberish - I've checked...

NoNome - describe your least favourite teacher (past or present) and what you hated about him/her.
NoName4444
His name was Mr. Jordan. He tought Astronomy at high school. He was quite literally crazy. It was scary. Class seemed to drag on and on, and the guy just kept getting stranger and stranger. He shows how desprerate schools are getting for teachers.

Crazy - Cheeder cheese or American?
Inky - Potato gun or bb gun
LoLo - ph34r.gif or blink.gif
Saucy - A new tat or a new piercing
Cheese - which is worse, a mouse or a rat.
Ravein - Legends or Rocky Horror
Gerbil - Fire or Ice
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (NoName4444 @ Mar 25 2003, 03:40 PM)
Inky - Potato gun or bb gun

I've never really had the pleasure of using either, but I'll go with potato gun after a story my American uni mate of old told me about him and his uncle making a hairspray-powered potato cannon. It actually split an old tree in half, apparantly.

NoName - what one item in your possession would you gladly throw into a river?
NoName4444
Hmm... it's not exactly mine, but I have access to it. My roommate insists on having this oversized Scooby dog in the dorm room. And being a dorm room, space is very limited. And some of it is taken up by an oversized stuff dog. It's slightly frustrating. Oh well, next semester I'll have an appartment and all will be well.
Industrial Kybosh
*L*

Flat sharing is the devil's gonads. I'm going to be so happy when it's just me and my laydee, and no gormless freeloaders who leave their food rotting and their plates gathering mold...
deeva_lee
I WANT A QUESTION!

smile.gif
Please?
biggrin.gif
the-elusive-it!
dry.gif questions for all,
1-what you doing?
2-vegemite or marmite?
3-iam new here so tell me this.how old will you be on your next birthday?
4-ultimate pet?
5-where are you?

thank you..
CrissiLove
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 24 2003, 09:22 PM)
Crissi - Bags or boxes?

Bags--seems easier to carry and are suffocation hazards.... lol JJ

Industrial: crispy or crunchy?
CrissiLove
deeva-lee: Who would win at Scrabble--Webster or Roget?
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (the-elusive-it! @ Mar 25 2003, 03:59 PM)
1-what you doing?
2-vegemite or marmite?
4-ultimate pet?
5-where are you?

1 - Posting on the forums. Listening to choons. Lamenting my lack of a job. Drinking tea.

2 - Neither. Gack!

3 - 24.

4 - A part cyborg cat. Rrrrrawr! Or a Chocobo. Wark!

5 - NW England.

For you, elusive, answer me this - if you really wanted to play tennis, but had no raquets, what would you use?

deeva - What is the best clothing material EVER!?
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:01 PM)
Industrial: crispy or crunchy?

Neither. I washed them the other day!

Oh... you didn't mean underwear...

*cough*

I'll go with crunchy. Munchings and crunchings...

Crissi - Gettin' jiggy wid it, or tripping the light fandango?
CrissiLove
QUOTE (the-elusive-it! @ Mar 25 2003, 09:59 AM)
dry.gif questions for all,
1-what you doing?
2-vegemite or marmite?
4-ultimate pet?
5-where are you?

thank you..

1. can't you figure that one out? dry.gif I'm posting a message
2. vegemite (not a clue what either of those are actually... but I'm a vegetarian so I picked this one)
3. 25
4. llama for sure--but gotta name it sparky or LoLo will be disappointed in you...
5. at home tongue.gif

and thank U smile.gif
CrissiLove
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 25 2003, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:01 PM)
Industrial:  crispy or crunchy?

Neither. I washed them the other day!

Oh... you didn't mean underwear...

*cough*

I'll go with crunchy. Munchings and crunchings...

Crissi - Gettin' jiggy wid it, or tripping the light fandango?

lmaoooo no, I didn't mean underwear (you're so gross.. lol JJ tongue.gif )

answer: trippin' the light fandango wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:08 PM)
lmaoooo no, I didn't mean underwear (you're so gross.. lol JJ tongue.gif )

answer: trippin' the light fandango wink.gif

Sorry... I couldn't help it... wink.gif

And good answer... Procul Harem will always own Will Smith.
CrissiLove
question (industrial and elusive): when you erase a word with a pencil eraser, where does it go?
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:12 PM)
question (industrial and elusive): when you erase a word with a pencil eraser, where does it go?

Good question.

And you knwo when you put bread in a toaster, and toast comes out - where does the bread go?

Probably the same place...

Crissi - What's the best type of sandwich?
the-elusive-it!
wink.gif
to industrial kybosh- i would take off my shoes and put them on my hands whack the tennis balls with size 11 shoes, just as good as rackets really...
huh.gif to crissilove- i meant in general, not what you doing now, i already figured that one out for myself...
CrissiLove
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 25 2003, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:12 PM)
question (industrial and elusive):  when you erase a word with a pencil eraser, where does it go?

Good question.

And you knwo when you put bread in a toaster, and toast comes out - where does the bread go?

Probably the same place...

Crissi - What's the best type of sandwich?

lmao@bread-toast

best type of sandwich: any veggie sandwich right now would be good--I'm hungry... lol
the-elusive-it!
laugh.gif when you rub out a word or a picture they go to a special place for all the incorrect words or unwanted pictures, it's somewhere near leeds i think..
CrissiLove
QUOTE (the-elusive-it! @ Mar 25 2003, 10:15 AM)
huh.gif to crissilove- i meant in general, not what you doing now, i already figured that one out for myself...

I know... I was joking/being mean tongue.gif
the-elusive-it!
wink.gif
crissi- where do all my missing socks go to? i seem to live my life with odd socks on..
CrissiLove
QUOTE (the-elusive-it! @ Mar 25 2003, 10:20 AM)
wink.gif
crissi- where do all my missing socks go to? i seem to live my life with odd socks on..

The missing socks are happily co-habitating with the bread that disappears from the toaster and the words that are erased tongue.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:18 PM)
best type of sandwich: any veggie sandwich right now would be good--I'm hungry... lol

Have you tried (or can you even obtain) the Quorn Deli range? They do a sublime false-ham, and their pseudo-poultry is pretty nifty too. Great on thick white bread with a bit of cheese and lettuce.

*rumbly stomach*

I feel sad to admit it, but the bread/toast gag is nicked from Calvin and Hobbes... It's a great joke, though.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (the-elusive-it! @ Mar 25 2003, 04:18 PM)
it's somewhere near leeds i think..

I think I've been there.

There's a pub where all the patrons look oddly smudgy. I've either found the Forbidden Suburb of the Unwanted Pencil Marks, or that fifteenth tequila shot had finally given me an embolism.
the-elusive-it!
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE,
The missing socks are happily co-habitating with the bread that disappears from the toaster and the words that are erased tongue.gif

is there any body else at this get together of the lost and unwanted, i have lost several items that need accounting for.
CrissiLove
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 25 2003, 10:23 AM)
Have you tried (or can you even obtain) the Quorn Deli range? They do a sublime false-ham, and their pseudo-poultry is pretty nifty too. Great on thick white bread with a bit of cheese and lettuce.

*rumbly stomach*

I feel sad to admit it, but the bread/toast gag is nicked from Calvin and Hobbes... It's a great joke, though.

you're gonna think I'm stupid... (if you don't already... huh.gif) I don't like to eat food that is made to look or taste like real meat... just seems gross to me... LOL

you're hungry too? wanna meet me at the park for some lunch? lmao JJ smile.gif I gotta go soon to evaluate the play equipment at the park for one of my classes

PS: Calvin and Hobbes is great
the-elusive-it!
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 25 2003, 04:25 PM)
[QUOTE=

There's a pub where all the patrons look oddly smudgy.

cool.gif
thats near my house that is.
CrissiLove
QUOTE (the-elusive-it! @ Mar 25 2003, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE,
The missing socks are happily co-habitating with the bread that disappears from the toaster and the words that are erased  tongue.gif

is there any body else at this get together of the lost and unwanted, i have lost several items that need accounting for.

yep... they probably went there too. They're having a wild party 24/7, I tell you...
Industrial Kybosh
There's probably a lot of biros, some jigsaw pieces, a few of the hotels from a Monopoly set, and your car keys, but only when you're really late.
CrissiLove
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 25 2003, 10:28 AM)
There's probably a lot of biros, some jigsaw pieces, a few of the hotels from a Monopoly set, and your car keys, but only when you're really late.

and a lotta marbles
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:27 PM)
you're gonna think I'm stupid... (if you don't already... huh.gif) I don't like to eat food that is made to look or taste like real meat... just seems gross to me... LOL

you're hungry too? wanna meet me at the park for some lunch? lmao JJ smile.gif I gotta go soon to evaluate the play equipment at the park for one of my classes

PS: Calvin and Hobbes is great

Meh. Different strokes for different folks, as they say. personally, I adore Quorn in all of its many forms.

And it's a pity distance is such an issue, because a sandwich in the park would be most excellent. And I could help you evaluate the equipment. Do they have swings? WHEEE!!!

PS: I know! biggrin.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Mar 25 2003, 04:30 PM)
and a lotta marbles

Particularly if they belong to gerbilfromhell. That liddle guy lost those some time ago...

wink.gif
the-elusive-it!
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 25 2003, 04:28 PM)

it's also the place where the tv remote control goes to, but only for a while as it gets thrown out after 2 drinks, so it comes back home and hides under the chair...
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (the-elusive-it! @ Mar 25 2003, 04:38 PM)
it's also the place where the tv remote control goes to, but only for a while as it gets thrown out after 2 drinks, so it comes back home and hides under the chair...

Or underneath the cushion that you're sitting on, where you're sure you'd already checked twice...

That little bastard is a lousy drunk...
Industrial Kybosh
New questions, ladies and germs!

Now I don't usually do this, but here's an open one for all comers to answer:

If you were going to start a band, who would be in it (choose up to six people from performers dead or alive, past or present) and what would the band be called?
the-elusive-it!
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 25 2003, 04:40 PM)
That little bastard is a lousy drunk...

and once he hooks up with the other remotes there's no stopping any of them, drunken audio equipment is always a problem..
Industrial Kybosh
I think my mobile goes to these parties sometimes, because not only can I sometimes not find it, but it often conspires to make me sound more drunk than I am.

But it's not me, it's the mobile that's drunk.

Please believe me...
the-elusive-it!
biggrin.gif
my band would be,
drums- meg white,
bass- alex james,
guitar- max cavalera,
vocals- nick cave,
roadie- kermit the frog,

they would be called, jonny deisel and the shunts.
Industrial Kybosh
That's a pretty bangin' four-piece, dood. R4WK!

But are you sure Kermit would be a good roadie? He'd only got skinny arms, the poor lad...
the-elusive-it!
rolleyes.gif
i'd just let him carry drum sticks, strings and plectrums, he's ony there cuase his dad s got a van.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 25 2003, 04:42 PM)
If you were going to start a band, who would be in it (choose up to six people from performers dead or alive, past or present) and what would the band be called?

Personally, I'd like to manage two bands:

Neon Distraction:

Gary Numan - vocals and posing
Beth Gibbons - vocals and theremin
Tom Jenkinson (Squarepusher) - keyboards and samples

and a few faceless session musicians to fill in the rest.

The Abrasions

Ginger Wildheart - vocals and guitar
Suzi Quattro - bass and vocals
John Squire - lead guitar
Dave Grohl - drums
PJ Harvey - atmosphere and additional moans
the-elusive-it!
smile.gif
any band with a theremin has got to good, those things rock...
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (the-elusive-it! @ Mar 25 2003, 04:57 PM)
smile.gif
any band with a theremin has got to good, those things rock...

I rember fiddling one whilst I was... ahh... in a herbally enhanced state of mind...

It was absolutely fantastic.

WOOO-oooo-OOOOO-ooooooooo

Top...
LoLo
QUOTE (NoName4444 @ Mar 25 2003, 07:40 AM)
LoLo - ph34r.gif or blink.gif

blink.gif defenatly blink.gif it's not as widely used.
Sarah the Spider
Cowboy Bebop fans: Which song is better, "Tank!" or "Real Folk Blues"?

Kybosh: What are you smoking at the moment? May I have some? (J/K)

That question for Kybosh was inspired by an odd trip to the movies the other night. I went with my friend Rachelle, and when we came out of the theatre, this woman looked at the two of us, then she stared at just me for a minute, and she said, "You should be ashamed, going out hopped up!" I'm looking around to see what she is talking about, but no, she is just glaring at me for being stoned at the movies. Even though I was sober...I don't think she liked my hat...

Anyway...
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Sarah the Spider @ Mar 25 2003, 09:29 PM)
Kybosh: What are you smoking at the moment? May I have some? (J/K)

Hmph. I haven't engaged in herbal recreation in a good while. Getting stoned does not job interview opportunities create...

On a more serious note, Sarah, what is your stance on the legalisation/decriminalisation of pot?
craziness
i havent been on the forums as much lately (still every day but not as rapid or frequent of posting) but dude i got a lot of great questions but i cant really remeber them all ahhh! i remeber someone asked me the 3 best songs of all time well i could never do that to myself but my favorites of the moment are tainted love, angels son, and i wanna be sedated
Industrial Kybosh
*L* Sorry, crazi - that tunes one was mine. I could never pick three faves. I doubt I could even pick three favourite albums even... Far too hard...

You like the Ramones, crazi?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.