Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wish Me (x)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Industrial Kybosh
When I leave here tomorrow morning/afternoon (depends when I visit), I will be going to pursue job interviews. This could mean that, in the next few days, I will be employed. This will be great of course, exept for one thing:

I won't be able to post on the forums anymore.

For a while at least...

Of course, it could turn out that I won't be offered an interview, or I miss out on the job, or something similar, but signs are pointing towards me getting a job, a flat and a life. But no internet connection.

For a while at least...

So I would be pleased if you all wished me luck, but should also warn you that you may have to bid me farewell also.

For a while at least... wink.gif

Bah! I've only been here a coupla weeks...
Sarah the Spider
Good luck, Kybosh...*choked up with emotion*
LadyDarkPeach
::tear:: I'LL NEVER LET GO!!!!... blink.gif ... wink.gif ph34r.gif laugh.gif
Sarah the Spider
That's right LadyDarkPeach...You get the duct tape and I will hold him down...
Industrial Kybosh
Why is it that wherever I go at 3AM, there are women trying to tie me down?

Not that I'm complaining, of course... wink.gif

Meh. I wish I didn't have to leave. Maybe I won't have to - yet. But I will eventually. And soon.
Sarah the Spider
We can't help it, Kybosh. Chicks dig robots in disguise, ya know.
LadyDarkPeach
::death glare:: You won't leave without a fight! DUN DUN DUN! laugh.gif ph34r.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Sarah the Spider @ Mar 20 2003, 02:59 AM)
Chicks dig robots in disguise, ya know.

Roofle! laugh.gif

That's cheered me right up...
Sarah the Spider
For real, dude. I love the Transformers movie. I like that one robot...Hot Rod was his name, I believe.

But, ya know, you'll do.

biggrin.gif

This thread is getting kinda weird...kinda like a masochist attack on Kybosh...lol...
Industrial Kybosh
I think 'masochist' is the spelling you're looking for, but 'sadist' or 'sadomasochist' may be the right word.

Trust me to be well versed in the correct terminology for deviancy...

The idea of a masochist attack is nice though. Wave upon wave of people running at the enemy, hurting themselves relentlessly...

hee hee! laugh.gif
LadyDarkPeach
cool.gif I cheered you up? YAY! laugh.gif ph34r.gif wink.gif smile.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
cheese is funny
im not a chick willing to tie you down for whatever reasons... but good luck and a possable good bye, id rather you stay though... but what must be done, must be done

<raises vodka imp sweat> heres to the future
NoName4444
Good luck Inky! We'll be thinkin about ya!

::sniff:: no one else is allowed to leave. tis to sad.
Industrial Kybosh
I've just been thinking about the jobs I've applied for...

One is at a small skater shop in Newcastle-Under-Lyme, which, of course, sells skater gear, with a little smattering of gothness and some general mad shit.

The other is Mail Order Assistant at Another World in Hanley. It's a comics and games shop, filled to the brim with console stuff, figurines, magazines and other crayzee stuffs.

Whichever shop I end up in, I'll be in pubescent heaven. Discount games and comics, or cheap hoodies? woot woot woot!!!

One day I'll grow up and get a proper job. But this'll do nicely for now...
NoName4444
So, you're going to remember you're true friends on the forum and get us discounted stuff, right? wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Ha ha!

If you're willing to pay the postage, dooder, i'll see what I can do... wink.gif
MAtt
woot. I'm so torn. i don't want you to leave (your like the brother i have, but older) but i want you to have a life....
Mata
Best wishes with it all...

The idea of a masochist attack is nice though. Wave upon wave of people running at the enemy, hurting themselves relentlessly...

Considering we're at war I find that quite a scary image...

Don't forget to let us know how you get on!
Industrial Kybosh
That's very sweet of you, MAtt. Cheers!

I've only been here a couple of weeks, but I really think I'll miss this place. I'm going to try super-hard to get on whenever I can, but the days of sitting here for hours on IRC, and making stoopid threads (BO!) are passed...

*sigh*
MAtt
yah... we attacked Iraqbye
Jonman
g'luck schmInky.

Work doens't half cut into lounging around, gaming time and general tomfoolery.

Very overrated it is. I'm still looking for that dream armchair testing job.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 20 2003, 05:47 PM)
Don't forget to let us know how you get on!

I fully intend to, sah!

I also fully intend to subtly influence my bosses to stock some of your gear - the Ts would go down a treat in Gravity (the skate shop), and the Cafe Press gubbins would fit in nicely at Another World.

We'll see...
leopold
Best o luck InKy mate! S'pose one of us has ta get a life sometime...

Dun fergit us! biggrin.gif
ravein
nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Its not fair damn you!!!! Nooooooooo!!!!!!! (banging head against wall...) hehehehehe Good luck bro.. Ill be thinking of you.. (ps. Autobots Rule!!!!!)
Industrial Kybosh
Right, then.

I'm off now.

I'll either be gone for a couple of days, or considerably longer, depending on when/if I get hired.

Thanks for your support, and I will see you all again.
IdiotFace
well i know that your gone now but incase you read this good luck, i remember we talked bout this in IRC, it was a desicion between fun or being sensible, long term prospects or short term fun, i hope you get your choice in job, see you soon (hopefully) on the boards again..
NoName4444
::waves as Inky goes off into the sunset:: sad.gif
Industrial Kybosh
dry.gif

So no-one wants to see me yet...

Grr...

Seems I'm on a suspended sentence re: jobhunting, which means:

a ) I'm back here (temporarily), but

b ) I don't have a frigging job yet. Or even an interview.

Hopefully I will get a call soon, but till then I'll be bumming around as was, trying to reach that magical 500-post limit in as spam-free a way as possible.

Should only be a couple of days.

Hopefully.

I want a job...
Industrial Kybosh
Right, I'm off again in an hour or so, and still with no new job news...

Why won't they call me? Am I really that unemployable?

I'm overqualified for shop work, and underexperieinced for anything better...

Bah! Maybe I'll just become a hermit.
NoName4444
If you become a hermit, you can grow a really long beard and have lots of dogs and lamas! That'd be so cool, except that you'd have to live in the woods and have no electrcity... water.... internet...
Industrial Kybosh
The llamas would be company enough. I could name them all after members of the forums, and amuse myself by posing increasingly more bizarre questions to them, then laughing at their uncomprehending llama faces.

[EDIT] Whoops. False alarm.

Going tomorrow now.

I have little or no control over my fate - even from a day-to-day basis.

*sigh*
CrissiLove
You have an interview tomorrow? smile.gif Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure everyone here supports you... even as they cry and throw their keyboards in despair at the thought of not seeing you on here as much wink.gif
spuglet
wait, the otherworld? hanley? thats only like....24 miles from me!!! wow! that shop rocks! work there dammit or ill burn it down!
leopold
Wow - 24 miles which way spug? That puts ya within 100 miles of me...
MAtt
and ______ from me
Industrial Kybosh
Small world, innit, ladies an' germs?

Crissi - thanks for the support, but I've not heard any word yet. just going to see my GF and our new gerbils - see the 'Questions' thread for a full description of the little blighters.

Apparantly they've started fighting over peanuts. Bless...
spuglet
im 24 miles south from stoke! wow, and i thought it was all americans, southerners and a scottish...
leopold
Southerner?????

Cheeky git!! mad.gif

At least I'm not a midlander like you tongue.gif
talking to faeries
and you forgot about us Welshies
Jaq
I'm Canadian! Bah..Americans!
craziness
hi...im american........
spuglet
sorry talking to faeries! and midlanders rock!
talking to faeries
tis ok...I would agree with the midlanders rock thing, but I've never actually met someone from the midlands, but I'm sure you're all very nice people
Jaq
QUOTE (talking to faeries @ Mar 27 2003, 09:41 PM)
tis ok...I would agree with the midlanders rock thing, but I've never actually met someone from the midlands, but I'm sure you're all very nice people

Er...midlands? Can someone explain this to the poor Canuck?
leopold
Aw yis, they're groit they ore! reely groit!

laugh.gif tee hee laugh.gif

sorry spugzy, couldn't resist the typed brummie accent wink.gif
leopold
QUOTE (Jaq @ Mar 27 2003, 09:44 PM)
Er...midlands? Can someone explain this to the poor Canuck?

Middle of England. Not North or South. Somewhere between Northampton and Chester.
Jaq
Gotcha.
spuglet
you have to like midlanders coz were so close to wales! brummie? you brummie? tsk. my sister lives there. her lovely staffordian accent is being tainted! but its better then being a stokey!
(has probably offended shedloads of people, meh.)
Jaq
You (people from the UK) have such nice slangs for people from different regions. Not us though. noooo. Newfies and stubble jumpers, wanna be Americans and Quebecois (okay, that one's not so bad rolleyes.gif )
leopold
Me? Brummie??

I'm startin ta regret makin ya High Priestess Spug...

Me's a North Westerner! I live near Manchester! In a town that has been home to three of the most notorious mass-murderers of the 20th Century!!

An I'm still here cos I'm so great laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.