Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Is Me
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
depressed fromage
I noticed that since the forum has no official thread for pictures yet, I would have the great honour of starting the very first and only pictures of you thread biggrin.gif. Now, let us not be infuriatingly shy or self depricating, i.e. "I'm so goddamn ugly, but...". I will personally smack you around with a large trout if you say that in this thread. you have been warned... dry.gif I say this because I know we're all beautiful inside (group hug moment) and besides...we're only here to judge you tongue.gif (Kidding!) I just thought that I could really know you all better if we put some faces behind the avatars and screen names. Anyways, I'll start this one off with one of me and my beloved hippo, Albert looking pretty snazzy with his funky straw hat and Oscar De LaRenta tie (I'm not kidding). I have about 4 more hippos, 2 very small and the other 2 medium size. I guess they're a family of sorts, with no females. blink.gif ahh! anyways, getting away from my cute hippos...here I am from a crazy angle!

Now, let's see you! wink.gif
LoLo
pictures can be sent to me if you want to be part of our family album and save time.....just dont disappear as soon as I add you. lol
cheese is funny
hmmm.. looken good there biggrin.gif
LoLo
Thats cool.....my pic is in the family album if you want to see what i look like.....along with about 30 others if you want to check it out. biggrin.gif
depressed fromage
ooh! where is this "family" album located? wink.gif

...but it better be decent ohmy.gif tongue.gif

edit: oh, god. no, I'm not retarded. *bangs herself on head* I found it rolleyes.gif
cheese is funny
its pinned in this forum... look up laugh.gif
LoLo
its pinned up at the top of this forum. smile.gif
depressed fromage
oh, my.

somebody close this thread because now I feel like an idiot. rolleyes.gif I didn't even see the family album...let's just say it's the Canadian air.
LoLo
hey its cool.....you're new....don't feel bad.
TigerLily013
QUOTE (depressed fromage @ Jul 15 2003, 01:00 AM)
oh, my.

somebody close this thread because now I feel like an idiot. rolleyes.gif I didn't even see the family album...let's just say it's the Canadian air.

YAY another Canadian, we need more of our kind on here....PPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE LOL

but dun worry bout mistakes happen.
Mingtea
Me in arty pose
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mingtea @ Jul 15 2003, 09:50 PM)

That background looks familiar wink.gif
Mingtea
Yes, it was taken outside the pub smile.gif.
depressed fromage
You know, that pic from Mingtea gives me an idea...

How about instead of a plain old pics of you thread, we have sort of a more atrsy-oriented type thing, where you post pictures of yourself that are more...pimped out? tongue.gif Perhpas a few dabs here and there on Photoshop...you get my drift! In fact, it doesn't have to always be black and white and laden with metaphors (i.e. the misshapen banana in the background blink.gif )...it can just be any picture of yourself that you find looks different and more interesting than any other straight face shot of yourself. Like a stupid pose, etc (let's keep it PG, now! wink.gif )

Viva la picture thread! biggrin.gif
vicrawr
hey, mingtea and fromage are cute
Pikasyuu
Debs and I have agreed, Mingtea looks sportingly emo!

Are you here to be emo with us? =P Cheez is head emo guy, tho'.
Pixelgoth
OK, got a question. How do I get pictures that aren't already hosted to appear here. I've got a few jpegs (albeit bad ones) that could go somewhere. Perhaps I should add them to the family album? I have one that'll just make you chuckle or gasp! biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
They have to be hosted before you can post them. I don't have a hosty thing at the mo so I cheat and use
faceparty.com

Just register a free account, upload pictures from your computer onto your new account..et voila! Hosted.

For anyone who's interested THIS is me.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 17 2003, 12:15 PM)
For anyone who's interested THIS is me.

Cheers babe. I too am on Faceparty. Here's my page

http://www.faceparty.com/littlegothgirl

AND here's that picture I mentioned....way hay! wink.gif It's not particularly risque but it makes me smile. BLOODY good night it was! biggrin.gif

No doubt my mate would kill me for posting that but...tough tongue.gif wink.gif

Sam
x
vicrawr
*gasp* Eap! *passes out*
MoonlightSavingsTime
Awww, WeeJ, you and your dude are sooo cute together! I want more pics of you guys! That goes for everyone else reading this too. I'm fascinated by faces, especially cute ones. wink.gif

For anyone interested, I have more pictures of me (and my cats and other stuff) hosted here. It's also linked in the Matazone family album, and on my profile, but I doubt anyone bothers to click on those. tongue.gif
WeeJ

There you go. I look like a monster ohmy.gif
Mata
There's a few of me spread through this thread ( http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php...t=ST&f=9&t=2816 ) in the media forum. I'll probably do more whenI get bored and have time.

I like noodling around with Photoshop and I've recently ungraded so I've got lots of lovely new brushes to play with! Yay!

Oh dear. I'm really very sad when I get excited about software...

I should be getting a graphics tablet late next week too so I'll have even more excuses to do artsy stuff while I tech myself how to use it smile.gif
ravein
i'm not sure about artsy.. but it is funny at least... this is halloween.. me and my gf went as drag queen hookers and my best friend went as our pimp... hehehehe
nice... I have the huge pink wig on...
MoonlightSavingsTime
Nice pic, ravein! I like the Halloween costumes there! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

And WeeJ, you do NOT look like a monster in that pic. tongue.gif That's one of the pictures I was complimenting you on in my last post. In fact, when I looked at that last pic, I thought to myself that you resemble one of my favorite actresses, Jennifer Connelly. Hmm, and you have similar first names.... are you this actress, pretending to be someone else? wink.gif

I love this hottie!
LoLo
IT'S THE CHICK FROM LABRYNTH!
MoonlightSavingsTime
laugh.gif Oh, wow, I never knew she was in Labyrinth. I actually have never seen that movie, though I probably should. tongue.gif She's also in Requiem for a Dream (same director as Pi, can't remember if you've seen Requiem, Lolo), Seven Minutes in Heaven, Inventing the Abbotts, and a bunch of other movies I haven't seen.
Alanity
QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Jul 19 2003, 07:27 AM)
laugh.gif Oh, wow, I never knew she was in Labyrinth. I actually have never seen that movie, though I probably should. tongue.gif She's also in Requiem for a Dream (same director as Pi, can't remember if you've seen Requiem, Lolo), Seven Minutes in Heaven, Inventing the Abbotts, and a bunch of other movies I haven't seen.

Requiem and Pi are two of my favourite films happy.gif, Aronofsky is a truely brilliant director. Jennifer Connelly's role in requiem nearly always makes me cry though sad.gif especially the scene where she hugs the wad of money.
Anyway, um, I would post pics but my scanner doesn't work so you'll have to wait until September when I get my new pc. :
MoonlightSavingsTime
QUOTE (Alanity @ Jul 19 2003, 02:18 AM)
Requiem and Pi are two of my favourite films happy.gif, Aronofsky is a truely brilliant director. Jennifer Connelly's role in requiem nearly always makes me cry though  sad.gif  especially the scene where she hugs the wad of money.

The whole damn movie makes *me* cry. I burst into tears almost as soon as the opening credits start rolling. The haunting soundtrack really helps accelerate such a reaction through the whole ordeal... I actually think that Ellen Burstyn's character makes me cry the most though. Some of what she says in the movie remind me too much of my mom. sad.gif

Anyway, just to get this back on topic, here are some pictures I altered awhile back. Not very interesting, but whatever. The visible face is me, but I hid the other person's face with my kitties' faces to protect the person's identity when I wanted to post the pic on my profile at another website once. Blah blah blah, I need to shut up. Here ya go...

Mata
Jennifer Connelly is also in Hulk if I remember correctly. She didn't do anything for years after Labyrinth but she's making a comeback now.
hinsley
QUOTE (syuu @ Jul 17 2003, 04:56 AM)
Debs and I have agreed, Mingtea looks sportingly emo!

Are you here to be emo with us? =P Cheez is head emo guy, tho'.

he certaintly does look mighty emo!
Mingtea
emo?
leopold
QUOTE (depressed fromage @ Jul 16 2003, 12:22 AM)
it doesn't have to always be black and white and laden with metaphors (i.e. the misshapen banana in the background  blink.gif )

Yanno, mentionin that about misshapen bananas made me remember a piccy of me taken a few weeks ago on a trip to Liverpool... there's this great an utterly pointless statue thingummy called the Banana Lamb...

Yep, that's me right there... if anyone wants to see it, it's across the road from Albert Dock...
kidvicious2punk
ive always wanted tosee leo in front of a giant banana laugh.gif
cheese is funny
and you can tell by the picture, reason #3 why the lay dees love leo... because thats one big banana laugh.gif
depressed fromage
*rimshot*

tongue.gif Yes, the ladies have been known to fall for the oversized, misshapen bananas that resemble lambs...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mingtea @ Jul 19 2003, 08:50 PM)
emo?

Ming......Emo is a musical genre. I think its like soft rock with a deep and meaningful side. You may have to check that one out.
cheese is funny
emo = punk with alot of crying over girl friends that left the lead singer 12 years ago... bleah... i have enough problems of my own without having to listen to some strangers too
kidvicious2punk
<smites cheese>

evil!!!!!
cheese is funny
<was smited>

bleah... im not evil sad.gif
leopold
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jul 20 2003, 02:27 AM)
and you can tell by the picture, reason #3 why the lay dees love leo... because thats one big banana laugh.gif

erm... yeah... *cough*

/me wonders what the first two reasons are...
Pikasyuu
1) That that's a really .. really big banana
2) Are you sure that's an actual banana?
3) That's one big banana

Does that help? =)
leopold
erm... not really, cos

1) it's only half a banana. The other half is a lamb.
2) no, it's actually a model. An only half is banana.
3) it's a big HALF a banana!

I'm 6 foot 2, so ya can see jus how big that banana/lamb hybrid truly is!
cheese is funny
i think the thought of his big banana is making leo blush laugh.gif
leopold
Yep, sure is! Blimmin embarrassin when it rises up like that... wink.gif laugh.gif
cheese is funny
hmm.. i think i should dedicate a thread to your big banana....
leopold
laugh.gif laugh.gif LMAO!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, you do that... an I'll go do one fer yer pink thong, yeah? wink.gif laugh.gif
cheese is funny
erm... you really want to blind everyone with that nonsense of my pink thong?
leopold
Only if yer gonna do people's fruit wi me big banana... tongue.gif
cheese is funny
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

<is off to make that thread>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.