Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Those Coming To The West Coast Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
cheese is funny
we need an idea on how long people would like to stay for this thing...

IF YOUR NOT COMING, OR PLANING ON COMING, PLEASE, DO NOT VOTE
LoLo
I put 3 days, even though I live in the area, but I think that's more what I could get time off wise from work.
Prince Aries
Like I said before, I put in three days because factoring how long I'll be getting across country........yeah biggrin.gif

Besides, I don't think you guys could put up with me longer then 3 days laugh.gif
kidvicious2punk
3 days seems practicl
elf
where is it?

Prince Aries
Sacramento, I believe. I sure hope you can make it, elf! smile.gif
cheese is funny
yeah, liz needs to come!! biggrin.gif
elf
>_< I can't imagine my parents driving 3+ hours so I can meet online "psychos" (their term, not mine)
Prince Aries
Hey these guys aren't psychos! Just me! Hmmm.....

In all seriousness, I can really understand that. My parents would have been the same way were I still living at home. Who knows what the future will hold. I'd really like it if you were there.
kidvicious2punk
lol mine either....and i believe its like 7+ hours fer me
cheese is funny
kid, i can always take you with me.. you live close enough...

and elf...i can always "kidnap" you for a while.... biggrin.gif
kidvicious2punk
yay!!!!!

wait a sec....a 7+ hour ride in a car with someone who i barely know.....

yay!!!sounds like fun...

change it to san franciso cuz i fiinded me the beshtest hotel....its sad that its no use..... sad.gif
chester
uh... i didnt vote because i prolly wont go. i live near, but if i showed itd prollt be for, like, an hour or something.
LoLo
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Jul 16 2003, 07:20 PM)
yay!!!!!

yay!!!sounds like fun...

change it to san franciso cuz i fiinded me the beshtest hotel....its sad that its no use..... sad.gif

We've possibly found a good rate at a Sacramento hotel Kid, and it's not getting changed. Sacramento is the destination.
chester
i just remembered! this is the one in seven years, right? if it is, sure ill come! ill be old enough by then and i might even have a car!
LoLo
its been moved up to next june.
Prince Aries
LoLo- My friend should be here tonight so I might be able to give you SOME sort of information this evening. If not tonight, then DEFINITELY within the next few days.
kidvicious2punk
u mean next june....so i wont be dead!!!!

yeay!!!

so what hotel r we planning on? huh.gif

i have a lot of convincing to do.....

maybe while we r there we an stop by san francisco...um...how far out of the way is it?
elf
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Jul 16 2003, 07:20 PM)
yay!!!!!

yay!!!sounds like fun...

San Fran, I may be able to pull off... Depends =D
kidvicious2punk
lol..

so when were all these changes made?

and how am i going to get my mom to let me go off with some strangers?
Prince Aries
"Later mom and dad, me and [insert best friends name here] are going off camping for the weekend, see ya monday!"

biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, I don't know...but I'm sure within the next year we'll all think of something happy.gif
Phyllis
i voted 3 days, cause 7 i couldn't do at all.

PS: i just found out i live 9 hours from sacramento....wooo. not as exciting as earlier when i thought it was only 300 miles (i was wrong about how far from reno i am.. dry.gif )...but lol still good nontheless.

and hrm...elf....do you know if where you live is on cheese's way from where he lives to sacramento? if that's the case then you could do a story like aries suggested, then just have cheese meet you somewhere and pick you up...lol don't you love how i just volunteer him for this? happy.gif

but....i don't want you getting into trouble.....so maybe that's not a good idea...hmm.
oxym0ronical
I voted three days.. I generally only get a week off at a time, and with the travel time.. it takes me a day to get there and a day to get back.. 21+ hour drive and I don't fly.
ravein
I can do three days... but somebody will have to pick me up from the airport... aint no way I am driving for 5 days... there are 7 big arse states between me and Sacro. June is my birthday month so we will have plenty of reasons to get sloshed (like we needed them anyway). YAY!! Im in!
LoLo
There is a planning committee for this and we are updating as changes come. lol

I'll post the motel when we get more info about it. Aries gave me some info on it, I just have to call them up and double check.

Kid lying to your folks is never a good idea. See if you can make it, if you can't you shall be missed, but please don't lie to your folks.

Ravein, I was telling aries last night (who will probably be taking a bus out) that I'll be 25 by then so I can rent a van or something and go pic everyone up from different bus stations, train stations, and airports. I know where they all are, and they aren't all that far from eachother. Well the airport is a little farther than the bus depot and the train station. Anyways even if I can't get a van, I still have my car and will do my best on Taxing those around who need to be picked up and taken to the motel.
ravein
Actually once I get there I can get a rental car.. I forgot about those things smile.gif I should be able to get one for about 25$ a day so if someone else flies in from the east coast we can maybe plan it together and split the rental fees...etc..
kidvicious2punk
since we've changed the date theres no way i can go sad.gif
chester
me either..... damn.....
Phyllis
im sorry you two....

but...lo is right....best not to lie to your parents. like i said, i don't want any of you getting into trouble.

meanwhile....if you like, we can still try to do the 2010 thing..lol. and we could prolly do it in san francisco since your heart was so set on that..lol. it's a really long way in advance...but meh if i still talk to you then at least, i'll try to make it. smile.gif
NummyNums
if i can get the money id come.. it would only be for three days though
Phyllis
HEY i got an idea...lol.

i dunno if any of you would like this..or if it's even plausible....but hrm i think it'd be fun for us all to go camping somewhere. i haven't been camping in years..

i dunno lol it's just a thought. i'd have fun at least....but hrm yeah we'd definitely need some air mattresses. and oh yeah a tent..lol. and hrm i dunno if there are even any campgrounds near sacramento..lol. it's up to you guys....if you'd rather the hotel thing, that's fine by me as well.
ravein
screw it.. I could just sell my car, by a VW micro bus... drive cross country and pick up people along the way...
Prince Aries
OH.

MY.

GOD.

Candice that is BRILLIANT. That right there opens up SO many more things for us.
#1) Money. It's going to be INSANELY cheaper to do it this way.

#2) Depending on campgrounds, etc, wouldn't have to worry about noise quite as much.

#3) Drunken karaoke is so much better in the great outdoors laugh.gif

I, for one, really like this idea, and wouldn't mind putting some thought into it, you know? It could be really REALLY fun.
Phyllis
why ty aries! happy.gif

and yeah! usually they just charge per car...so we could all pitch in for that rental van..and go in together....hrm where would we park the rest of our cars though? lol. and yeah! as long as we aren't too loud, other campers shouldn't complain. and if none of us have a tent.....well then how much are they? i wanna get one anyhow, cause my sisters and i wanna go camping sometime....i'll just buy one..lol.

so what do the rest of you think?
Jonman
I think the forum lightbulb just pinged on above Candice's head.
Genius, that girl, genius.
Phyllis
hehe ty! happy.gif

wow i am SO screen capping this...two people to call me either "brilliant" or "genius"......woo!

meanwhile...i think i'm also gonna get along w/ the tent several of those cheapo inflatable pool rafts. they work great for an air mattress while camping...in a pinch. happy.gif

i'm gonna go look up campsites near sac! i hope there are some!
Phyllis
okay, i found well...one at least!

The Colusa-Sacramento River State Recreation Area

many of the other links i've found aren't working. mad.gif either that, or they're just for RVs. i'm gonna go pout now, lol.
Jonman
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 17 2003, 04:11 PM)

many of the other links i've found aren't working. mad.gif either that, or they're just for RVs. i'm gonna go pout now, lol.

oooh, renting an RV - now there's an idea......
Phyllis
oo hrm.

i wonder how much that'd cost?

i still like the tent idea though...lol....cause i know for sure i could get one that'd sleep all of us...an RV isn't so certain...
Phyllis
ohhh hey

what about if we can find a place that rents cabins??

that'd be pretty cool, no?

but places like that usually want reservations a year in advance....
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 17 2003, 03:11 PM)

colusa is about an hour and a half north of sacramento, which is where that camp site is located.....i think there may be a campsite off the american river in sacramento, but i'll have to check this out and let you know.
Phyllis
awesome...ty lo smile.gif

i'm gonna do a search for cabins myself.....that might be a bit more comfy, if we can find something like that....but still, i've nothin against tents!
Phyllis
okay, missy found these!:

KOA Kabins

(yes, kabins.... rolleyes.gif )

and this one!:

California Campgrounds

so, check those out everyone..and see if there's anything ya like. smile.gif
Prince Aries
Aries is liking KOA, that he is.
MoonlightSavingsTime
Ew...camping...I can easily imagine that I'm the only person who is not at all pleased with that activity. Nothing but bad camping experiences in my past. *shudder*
Phyllis
awww ..... poor moonlight. =/

but...well you live in the area, so you don't hafta sleep there happy.gif. what about getting a cabin....would you be ok w/ that?
LoLo
I like the KOA, but like I said in chat.....I don't have to sleep there. lol.

However according to the map the KOA seems about the same distance from the airport, amtrak, and bus station, so it's a nice central location for those coming in that way.
hinsley
i have been thinkin bout this, and if i did clock up the 500ish pounds for the return ticket plus some more cash for spending, i'd stay for 7 days if the lot of you were or not. lol. If i have to take this 17 hour flight then i will be very jetlagged, im still thinking on this idea. i have a 100 pounds... so inly 400 to go... plus spending money... ach.
at least i dont have to worry bout if my mum or dad care! booyah!!
hinsley
in the KOA Kabins it states that under 17 year olds are free, im free!!! wait when is this happening?
Prince Aries
Did I hear a whisper of the Great Hinsley coming? AWESOME!!! *running tackle and hug to Hins*

T'would be much better then cam, no? laugh.gif

And it's happening next summer I believe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.