Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Those Coming To The West Coast Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
kidvicious2punk
i MITE be able to go.......if i get details

so...

time?
day?
year?
lol....

i told my mom that i would be hanging out with ppl i met over the internet consisting of a slitely drunken gay man in a dress and a crazed artist who owns a vibrator that speaks...and she figured that when i put it that way..it sounding convincing!

p.s. i need transportation
cheese is funny
oh joy!

kid, since i live somewhat close to you, if i am able to go, i will bring you with me... im looking into a train ride down there... id take you with me, if your willing...

anyways...

time - next year, summer, june was the date that was set upon? im too lazy to look back...
magikeyes14
OMG! I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GO!!!!!! *dances around happily* laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
cheese is funny
wow, lots of good news! great magik! i look foward to seeing you there!
werewolf3361
I'll probibly be there... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif My dad siid he might take me up there! *uber grins* *dances around alll happy like* laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
cheese is funny
wow! today is a great day for good news!

(hey, its my thread, im allowed to spam it tongue.gif )
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Sep 12 2003, 04:11 PM)
oh joy!

kid, since i live somewhat close to you, if i am able to go, i will bring you with me... im looking into a train ride down there... id take you with me, if your willing...

anyways...

time - next year, summer, june was the date that was set upon? im too lazy to look back...

up here not down here. lol you're down there. I'm just teasing you, but this is north of you.

I've said it before but we do need to get back to planning this sometime.
Phyllis
I've been thinking about this.

Since it's only a 9 hour drive from me, I could take the bus there at night and sleep on the way (I got rather good at that while commuting between Oregon and NYC a grand total of 4 times). Then I could spend the day with all of ya, and take a bus that evening and sleep on the way back.

That way, I'd just need money for the bus ticket and some for food and such. It'd be much more likely that I could afford it. We'll just have to wait and see. smile.gif
cheese is funny
you shhhhh lo... thats just how i talk tongue.gif laugh.gif

great to hear cand!

and i agree lo, we need to get this back into the planning stages... pick a time, and i will attempt to be there for the discussion....
LoLo
I'm available most nights PST and most sundays. You guys decide lol.
cheese is funny
i generally have just the night time to talk... (fecking school mad.gif ) so, any time around 8-9pm on a week day is fine with me....
LoLo
That's why I have only night time to talk.......work and school. Sundays are the only days I don't have either. Bad thing is when I get off my butt to shower and eat I'm heading off to sac for a bit today.
Phyllis
How about Thursday at 8 PM Pacific time?

That's my next free day...today I have to go do laundry, and I have stuff planned for Monday through Wednesday...

In the meantime...should I make a poll voting on the date we should go? I was thinking about doing so...
LoLo
sounds good to me. yahoo meet up like usual?
Phyllis
Yep, twas the plan...

Maybe we should have people who are interested in coming sign up here to receive PM notices or offline Yahoo messages when we're going to have a meeting?
LoLo
sounds good to me. so far our crew is you, me, cheese, oni, and aries. Think we can get aries here? haven't seen him in awhile. I miss my dancing nun on my dryer. lol
cheese is funny
well, if aries calls me before the meet plan time, i will tell him to call me about that time, so he can be heard... if not... i dunno....
Tarantio
cheeze u arsed up a little here: if i come all the way over from bonnie scotland im gonna stay for at least a fortnight. two weeks is the minimum i would wanna stay there, as long as u poor souls could put up with me for that long. as for a date, just make sure its not the most expensive season and things should be just peachy! biggrin.gif
cheese is funny
tara, if you are able to come, you can stay as long as you like...just some people would be unable to be there any longer... its all up to you really...
Phyllis
Gah!

I can't make the meeting today. Let me know about any decisions you guys come to, okay? smile.gif
LoLo
I called KOA to find out prices. This is what we can do.

Rent a 1 bedroom cabin which has one double bed and 1 bunk bed for 44 dollars a night.
(bedwise sleeps 4)

Rent a 2 bedroom cabin which has 1 double and 2 bunk beds for 56 dollars a night.
(bedwise sleeps 6)

I'm sure if there are like 10 of us that a 2 bedroom would be sufficient and some could sleep on the floors in sleeping bags or something. That's 6 bucks a night if this is the case. We may have to go with two cabins however seeing as there will be people with parents there. So perhaps have a cabin for those underage who cannot participate in things such as drinking and other activities people may want to join in.

Here's the bad news...there's no electricity which means no fridge no air conditioning, and I think there are also no showers. However I'm sure we could work up a way for showering. I for one will drive the hour to my home to use my facilities if need be. lol

The alternative is people getting motel rooms which usually run about 60 - 70 dollars a night for a non rat infested place.
LoLo
Well it's 15 mins about give or take a min or two and only oni and I are here for the meeting. Damn it people. Guess the meetings canceled.
Phyllis
Sorry Lo. sad.gif

I'd have been there, but some stuff came up. Oh well, at least I posted before saying I wouldn't be there. What's everyone else's excuse, huh? tongue.gif
Prince Aries
*points to bruise like mark on neck* That's my excuse and I'll be damned if it's not a good one.

At any rate, good work, Lo, on getting those prices. Myself, I am scurred without electricity. The mere thought of being in a cabin with you people with no strong lighting is a scary thought laugh.gif But in all seriousness that could be wicked mad fun. And I'll make the trip with you for use of the shower wink.gif
Debaser
bad news...don't think i'm gonna be able to make it...number of reasons

1. i am poor as hell
2. nowhere's doing flights that are in my kind of price range

ah well...i'll see you all eventually...i guess... sad.gif
Prince Aries
I personally understand that, D....but if *I* can come up with funds for me going over there we can find something for you coming here wink.gif

I'm going to hunt like a fevered madwoman on Oscar night to find the absolute best rate for you to get here and do what I can to help.

PS - Off topic, but mad props to D for putting a lyric from one of my favorite songs of all time in his sig...w00t happy.gif
Debaser
right, forget i said anything - I FOUND FLIGHTS!!!

now all we need is a concrete date and i can probably book them if i save for long enough...and how the hell i get to sac from LA...

oh, and cheers aries smile.gif been listening to that non-stop for about 5 days now...
Prince Aries
Whoo whoo! *does Happy Happy Dance of Supreme Good Things*

Glad to hear it D! *tackles* Nya~!
LoLo
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 20 2003, 04:20 AM)

now all we need is a concrete date and i can probably book them if i save for long enough...and how the hell i get to sac from LA...

oh, and cheers aries smile.gif been listening to that non-stop for about 5 days now...

You could either catch a flight from LA to sac, or look into taking the amtrak up. I personally can't drive that length to pic you up seeing as it's a good 8-9 hours of driving for that. Maybe more depends on traffic. Oh yeah there is also greyhound to get upstate.
Debaser
in which case i might get there a day early and sleep on the street somewhere for the first night tongue.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 20 2003, 07:24 AM)
in which case i might get there a day early and sleep on the street somewhere for the first night tongue.gif

if you get here a day early, I think but don't depend on this, that I can talk my mother into letting you crash on the couch under the pretence that you do not try and have sex with me. tongue.gif
Debaser
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 20 2003, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 20 2003, 07:24 AM)

if you get here a day early, I think but don't depend on this, that I can talk my mother into letting you crash on the couch under the pretence that you do not try and have sex with me. tongue.gif

gah! damn it... tongue.gif

can't i just sleep in your car? tongue.gif
Jaq
When's the west coast meet? I haven't read through the entire thread...but I can't find where the dats are...if there are any?

I'd like to come. I finally figured out how I can get a ticket to LA but now I just have to figure out how to get from LA to Sacramento. Rent a car?
Phyllis
Hey, if both you and Debs are trying to get to Sac from LA, maybe you could work something out together, Jaq...

And the dates aren't set yet, Jaq. At least, I don't think that they are. Most people voted for the second weekend of July, I believe, but I don't think we've said definitely "Okay, that's when we're going then."
monkey_called_narth
i might be able to come, but im not sure yet i might be going back to the good ole fat camp agin next summer in la jolla... and either way i might be able to come if i have the money after the uk meet and the central meet.
werewolf3361
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 20 2003, 12:20 PM)

ok... in response to the LA to Sac thing... I'm coming from down here in San Diego and will prolly have to go by LA anyway...(that is if I end up going.... *keeps fingers crossed for good grades*) and I might, might, be able to set up something to pick some ppl up... biggrin.gif mostly that depends on which of my parents end up bringing me... laugh.gif should work though... I think... wink.gif
cheese is funny
small update, phoenix has told me that she has decided to come out to the meet with us!
Pikasyuu
Right. I'll probably be going now.

Jon offered to give me a ride there seeing as I'd otherwise have no way to get to California aside from walking, but that's a maybe. My parents would have to trust me and all. But seeing as my stepdad rules, I probably will be getting there via Jon or stepfather. I'm saving money for this, so Dayan, you'd best be there. =P
phoenix
i'm not sure if a date has been selected or not (from my understanding not), and i am coming from ohio and while i am in cali i was going to visit a campus for a school that i might be attending, so i need dates. i know i'm not on the comittee or anything but july 9th (friday)- july 11th (sunday) would be the cheapest for me. so if you could please concider those dates i would greatly appreciate it. biggrin.gif i'm also really looking forward to this trip! i hope to you you guys there! wub.gif
phoenix
oh if anyone is from the sacromento area if you could help me with the bus transportation schedules (or even better the site) from the amtrak station to lake street, or enterprise ave, or even capitol ave. so i know which bus to board to get to the camp site (or closest location). big thanxs
LoLo
QUOTE (phoenix @ Sep 27 2003, 04:46 PM)
oh if anyone is from the sacromento area if you could help me with the bus transportation schedules (or even better the site) from the amtrak station to lake street, or enterprise ave, or even capitol ave. so i know which bus to board to get to the camp site (or closest location). big thanxs

I'm playing taxi and I know where the amtrak, greyhound, and airport are, and they are all rather close so just tell me when you're coming and I'll do my best to get you then. Oh and I think the weekend you said is the one with the most popular vote on it.
phoenix
I'm playing taxi and I know where the amtrak, greyhound, and airport are, and they are all rather close so just tell me when you're coming and I'll do my best to get you then.

according to the train schedule i should be in at 2:20 pm on friday (the 9th). but if there are delays, which i hope that there are not, i'm not sure.

thanx lolo biggrin.gif
Phyllis
Right, I feel the need to clarify something here.

I am 21, but if you are underaged, don't ask me to buy you alcohol. In fact, if 14 year olds end up with a beer or similar beverages in their hands at the meet, I will promptly go to the bus station and trade in my ticket for an earlier one back home, because if you all get noisy (which drunk people tend to do), I don't want to get arrested (I undoubtedly would).

You all are great people, and I am looking forward to hanging out with you, but I would get into way more trouble than you would if the cops thought I provided you with alcohol. So, I'm just not going to be there if underaged drinking is going on. Sorry, but that's how things are.
Jaq
QUOTE (candice @ Sep 27 2003, 08:11 PM)
Right, I feel the need to clarify something here.

I am 21, but if you are underaged, don't ask me to buy you alcohol.  In fact, if 14 year olds end up with a beer or similar beverages in their hands at the meet, I will promptly go to the bus station and trade in my ticket for an earlier one back home, because if you all get noisy (which drunk people tend to do), I don't want to get arrested (I undoubtedly would).

You all are great people, and I am looking forward to hanging out with you, but I would get into way more trouble than you would if the cops thought I provided you with alcohol.  So, I'm just not going to be there if underaged drinking is going on.  Sorry, but that's how things are.

I want to echo Cand's statement.

I do not want to get arrested in a foreign country. It's bad enough getting arrested when you're in your own country but I don't even want to think about getting arrested in a foreign country.

There's plenty of things to do without having alcohol. Usually things are more fun when people aren't puking on my shoes. At least I tend to think so.
magikeyes14
( if i end up going, which i most likley will) i promise i wont drink *crosses heart* drinking is for when your at home and no adults are around (cuz im 15) and not for mata meets... so i wont be the one getting Candice or Jaq in trouble.. me swears it smile.gif
LoLo
I would like to echo the underage drinking sentiments. I have no criminal record as of yet and do not wish to have one.
Prince Aries
This is a very good point LoLo. I was kind of thinking that myself. Maybe we adults should step out for a drink while the kids play for a bit tongue.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Sep 27 2003, 08:17 PM)
This is a very good point LoLo. I was kind of thinking that myself. Maybe we adults should step out for a drink while the kids play for a bit tongue.gif

I think I made a comment for a couple of the youngins when they asked me if I would be buying them alcohol, that if they were drinking they would not be in my cabin. lol.

However Cand's comment about leaving is a better idea. I'll go kick it in my bed or something. lol
Little Green Goth
unsure.gif Well, I know I don't post that offten and there for I'm not that well known, some of you I've talked to though MSN and PM's and such but I was acctually thinking of going to this West Coast meeting thing. If things goes as planned (which I'm hoping they will) and it's for July, I'll be able to make it. I will be in PA come jun and plan on road tripping it back to Oregon so I could always stop in CA. My B/F is planning on going to a school there anyway so might as well kill two birds with one stone as it were. mellow.gif happy.gif
LoLo
Would love to see you there LGG. Where's your bf planning on going to school? Just out of curiosity. Theres a chance we might not be anywhere near the campus he's chosen, but then again theres a chance we'll be right there or at least in driving distance. For example there are 3 major Uni's all within driving distance for me. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.