Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Those Coming To The West Coast Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Little Green Goth
If I remember correctly, it's in the northern part of Cali, but I'm not entirly sure since I don't know cali that well. Besides, I have a friend or two by san fran and will be in the southern part of the US anyway by then thanks to some southern family of mine so I can just swing up to my friend's place for a bit and then through sanfran and then up to the college and then home.
Phyllis
Hey, Little Green Goth, I dunno if you'd be comfortable doing this, but if the going with your boyfriend thing doesn't pan out, you're more than welcome to ride the bus down with me smile.gif (I live in Eastern Oregon, so when you road-trip back to Oregon, you will probably go through my town. I'll PM you the exact town if you want smile.gif ). I'm taking the bus down to Sacramento, and round trip from my place will be $138, and if we go together we'll probably be able to have one of us travel for free (they generally have a special like that going on during the summer). Then ya could just come back here and road trip the rest of the way home, if you like.

But, like I said, you might not be comfortable with that. Plus, you probably won't even need it..it's more of a just-in-case thing. But, the offer is there if the need does arise. smile.gif
Oni Usagi
So, I've found that it's okay with my parents if I go. I have to pay for it however. So, providing I get a job, I'll be able to come. How much will lodging be? I need to get an idea of how much I'll need total.
More questions.
Have all the decisions been made?
Who all is going, so far?
Phyllis
Lo listed earlier in the thread how much the KOA cabins would be. I can't remember how much it was though, so you'll have to go look, cause I'm lazy. tongue.gif

All the decisions have not been made...as far as I know. As for who is going. Hmm. I'm not sure. Maybe we should have people speak up in here if it's fairly certain that they'll be able to make it. I, for one, most likely will now.
werewolf3361
I prolly will be there... and Krys(magik) too... I'm gonna bring her with me... biggrin.gif laugh.gif
LoLo
KOA,,,,44 dollars for a 1 room cabin, 56 dollars for a 2 room cabin. Reservations have to be made in march for the weekend that was in the lead...one after the 4th of july weekend. we have to know whos coming to estimate costs, and have to decide if we have a minor/parent cabin for those bringing their parents and a "adult" cabin for those who can come without parents. Once we figure out whos coming and what the cabin arrangements will be we can figure out costs. Looks though like it will be 6-10 dollars a night so no biggy. Oh and we may have to carpool to my house for showers. lol
jadestorm
*jumps up and down* i wanna gooo lol
Prince Aries
I'm definitely going to be going. Thankfully, this isn't going to break my wallet as much as the UK one laugh.gif

I'm up for a one or two bedroom cabin myself and I'd like to have a roomie. Don't worry guys I'm not as much of a hornball as I come off here on teh forums laugh.gif

Lo, we should really try for another planning meeting sometime soon. I'm sure you've probably tried and mentioned it since, but might be an idea to keep in mind *shrugs*
oxym0ronical
I'm definitely in. The whole family thing is situated now and unless something major happens between now and then, there shouldn't be a problem. I'll pay for a 2 room cabin.. someone can room in with me if they want. Hell.. I'd imagine if you do it right, there could probably be more than 2 people per cabin, too.
werewolf3361
sence I'm prolly going I'm gonna put some of my money from christmas away for it... anyone that really wants to come but has no mony for the cabin or whatever once you get there PM me and I'll try to put away some extra money! happy.gif I'm just nice like that! so PM me... But once my inbox is full that's it... Shelly done takeing PM's about paying for cabin... lol.... so don't fill up my inbox too fast ok? biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
werewolf3361
wow... I haven't gotten one PM bout my last post... lol biggrin.gif laugh.gif
LoLo
I was thinking more just having 2 cabins and stuffing us all into the two of them. lol. It would make it a lot cheaper for everyone, and I'm sure we could take turns sleeping on floors and beds. The 2 bedrooms have a big bed and a bunk bed, so thats room for at least 5 people I would say to have bed space. So say we have 10 people per cabin 5 get beds one night and those 5 get the floors the next night? I'm sure we can work out something with air mattresses to make the floor more comfortable right?
Prince Aries
Naturally. I have access to many air mattresses and the like. It's not a bad idea, Lo. Matazone Camping Experience. Actually sounds like a great idea. And depending on the number of people for it, might be able to situate things where those *OF AGE* want to drink, have them in one cabin. Depends on how many people, etc etc etc of course. Just a thought.
Phyllis
I think cramming us all in a couple cabins would be the best choice.

Also, I like the idea you raised in IRC about those of us who are of age going out to a club to drink, Lo. That way, we are assured that no one underaged will be drinking. smile.gif
Prince Aries
Exactly Cand. The last thing we want ruining everyone's good time is getting busted for under age drinking. That would be teh suck =/

And Lo, just you wait....just you wait till we start drinkin together....prepare for teh NUN! laugh.gif
LoLo
So as we were discussing in IRC is this going to be a sat, sun, monday thing so we can hit up goth night on sunday and have a blast?

I can't wait to see the nun aries! But drunk or sober you're not gonna get me to dance. tongue.gif
Prince Aries
/me snuggles Lo and hands her a bottle of Tequilla

That a dare or a double dare? laugh.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 8 2003, 07:54 PM)
But drunk or sober you're not gonna get me to dance. tongue.gif

Big freakin DITTO on my part.

Candice does not dance.

Under ANY circumstances.
LoLo
QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Oct 8 2003, 06:57 PM)
/me snuggles Lo and hands her a bottle of Tequilla

That a dare or a double dare? laugh.gif

I should have never told you about the tequilla. tongue.gif
phoenix
umm, i definatly going[i don't care if i have to sell my sell out to for money, i'm going, hehe] (adult/no parent), and how are we going about the payments, i live cross country so i really can't hand it to someone? lo (or anyone) if you could be so nice as to pm with the finalized details that we have already, that would be oh so very super.

i saw its the weekend after the 4th, butis it friday-sunday or sat-monday?
i just need to know for schedule/finding living prices (i'm making a campus visit side trip in san fran), but i am definatly going.

lolo-the taxi thing would be great as soon as the dates are finalized, i'll recheck train/bus schedules.

umm i don't remeber who said they might be in a day early but, i'm getting a hotel room for a few days before the meet though its going to be in san fran, but you are more then welcome to crash with me if that needs to be the case.
Little Green Goth
Actually, that'd be very very helpfull for me as well. If I'm going to be going to this thing...
Phyllis
I believe it's going to be from Sat through Monday, so those of us who are of age can go to goth night at a local club. happy.gif

I can't wait.

Oh, and FYI, the club is 18+...so you don't have to be 21 to go, just 18. smile.gif Those of you who aren't 18...hmm. Well, it is only one night out of 2. I'm sure we can devise something fun for you guys to do while we're at the club. smile.gif
Prince Aries
QUOTE (candice @ Oct 9 2003, 01:39 AM)
I believe it's going to be from Sat through Monday, so those of us who are of age can go to goth night at a local club. happy.gif

I can't wait.

Oh, and FYI, the club is 18+...so you don't have to be 21 to go, just 18. smile.gif Those of you who aren't 18...hmm. Well, it is only one night out of 2. I'm sure we can devise something fun for you guys to do while we're at the club. smile.gif

Candice when you said that, I got that confounded 50 Cent song "In Da Club" stuck in my head @_@

Anyway, as for the youngin's......I'm sure, like Lo said, there are places they can hang out, like that coffee bar or whatever it was. Not too sure, don't know the area well. But I'm sure we'll all find something to make sure they're having fun while we're doing our Big Mata Pimpin' Thang! laugh.gif
kidvicious2punk
i dun think i'll be able to go sadly...

but IF i do get to..which would be like...a miracle...then i think coffee sounds good... biggrin.gif
phoenix
like i said eariler, i'm getting a hotel in san fran, the option of crashing there is open to anyone. mata forumers shouldn't have to sleep in the street. just let me know as we get closer to the dates..
Debaser
you're getting a hotel in SF? O_O

/me might, MIGHT just be able to make it then...

hehe, this is sooooo hit and miss for me atm...
phoenix
well like i said its open if you need it. just let me know, at least a week before the meet.
Phyllis
Well...I think it'd be a really good idea for us all to crash in the cabins. If we all go there, it'd only be about $6 to $10 a night per person, assuming that a bunch of us stay there. Can't beat that. We could go to a hotel, but then noise would be an issue, and so would the number of people staying in each room.
phoenix
QUOTE (candice @ Oct 11 2003, 01:42 PM)
Well...I think it'd be a really good idea for us all to crash in the cabins. If we all go there, it'd only be about $6 to $10 a night per person, assuming that a bunch of us stay there. Can't beat that. We could go to a hotel, but then noise would be an issue, and so would the number of people staying in each room.

no, no, i'm going to be in san fran a few days before the meet, debaser siad that if he can go he'll be in a day eariler, and since i'm going to have a hotel before hand he could crash with me. but i am going to the cabins (me so excited about them). biggrin.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (phoenix @ Oct 11 2003, 10:55 AM)
no, no, i'm going to be in san fran a few days before the meet, debaser siad that if he can go he'll be in a day eariler, and since i'm going to have a hotel before hand he could crash with me. but i am going to the cabins (me so excited about them). biggrin.gif

Ohhh! Okay. biggrin.gif I must have missed that part, whoops!

I'm extra excited now myself..cause I've never been to a club before. Ever.

Ah, the joys of small town life. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.