Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Those Coming To The West Coast Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Debaser
next summer, eh? hmmm.../me thinks he might be able to make it, go me!

course, i need money for the flights...which i'm working on...

any spare change, mate?
Prince Aries
*gropes around for spare change for Debaser* If I keep doing this every day until the Meet we'll have enough! biggrin.gif
elf
QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Jul 17 2003, 11:31 PM)
Ew...camping...I can easily imagine that I'm the only person who is not at all pleased with that activity. Nothing but bad camping experiences in my past. *shudder*

yeah, hehe...

*shudder* i hate camping now >:\
LoLo
QUOTE (Debaser @ Jul 18 2003, 07:40 PM)
next summer, eh? hmmm.../me thinks he might be able to make it, go me!

course, i need money for the flights...which i'm working on...

any spare change, mate?

what if we all throw our spare change in a jar and then mail it to d-man for his trip to the US fund?
Debaser
yeah, that'd rock! 100 each and i'm set tongue.gif
Oni Usagi
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 18 2003, 11:21 PM)
what if we all throw our spare change in a jar and then mail it to d-man for his trip to the US fund?

That would take almost as much work as the get together.
Phyllis
debs...i'll seriously send you some tumbleweeds to sell, if customs will allow it..lol.

i dunno how you'd sell them though...hrm. but yeah, lol....ya could keep all the profits. tongue.gif

and yes, the meet is happening next summer.
hinsley
lol, yeah i will actually be 17 when this happens so yesss....
i jsut need to get a job soonish and im set. and if they dont give me time off ill quit, HA HA HA.
so first i need to move back inwith my dad, then get a job in the only shop in the village cause then i get to make my own working times... :faints: i dont wanna job :tears: i know ill jsut win the lottery!!!! (if i win a very large amount ill pay for Dman and any other people who cant get the money, now all cross your fingers for me) biggrin.gif
LoLo
Just a reminder there is supposed to be a planning crew meeting for this meet at 4 pm pst today.
Phyllis
there is?

gah no one told me about this.

*glares at everyone*
kidvicious2punk
wut? huh.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 22 2003, 11:50 AM)
Just a reminder there is supposed to be a planning crew meeting for this meet at 4 pm pst today.

huh.gif

Erm... okay.... if ya say so.
Phyllis
okay, maybe i should save this for the meeting, but oh well.

i was looking at the KOA website...and found an phone number for information:

(916) 371-6771

things we need to know are:

1) how many beds do the cabins have, and what size are they?

2) how much will it cost to have a group of approximately 10 people stay? (they only have rates for 2 people...says it'll cost more for more people. this is also assuming that moonlight, her bf, and lo will stay the night...which they might not since they live in the area).

3) how much extra does it cost for phone service? (i'd like to get a phone card to make a group call to all of those who were planning on coming but couldn't)

4) how far in advance should we make the reservations?

i would call myself, but i have no long-distance. so, anyone wanna volunteer to do that?
Prince Aries
Ahhh! I won't be able to make that meeting, guys dry.gif

I've got somewhere I really need to be. Really sorry guys, I know I said I'd be there. But I'm sure whatever is talked about I'll agree with anyway biggrin.gif
LoLo
I'll call them cand doesn't cost me anything. Oh and guess its looking like no planning meeting today. (could be wrong on that one) Maybe shoot for tomorrow?
Prince Aries
Tomorrow works for me, Lo (provided you want me there of course) Just post the time and all that fun jazz and I be here....erm...there....whatever happy.gif
Phyllis
well. i have news. and it's not good.

it looks like im probably not going to be able to make the meet. i was talking to my husband today, and he brought to light the fact that we can't afford for him to take that long off of work...would take us a week, w/ as long as it takes to drive there. he doesn't want to drive for the 9 hours straight it'd take to get there....he'd want to stop off somewhere for the night...so, yeah. i'd have to save enough money to pay for the gas there, lodging, food, and enough to replace what he'd make for that week.

which is something that i really can't do...even if i save every penny i get from school. i might be able to go greyhound and come by myself, but i just don't know. i might have a job by that time too....and if i do it'll be a new one, so i just can't take a week off like that.
cheese is funny
ohmy.gif

nooooooooooooo....

you will be missed if you cant make it cand sad.gif
Prince Aries
I really hope you can find something, Candice! I'd really like for you to be there!

Yeah, Greyhound with me! happy.gif
Phyllis
i hope i can make it too sad.gif

we'll just have to wait and see what happens, i guess.
Prince Aries
Yeah.....but a lot can happen in a year! happy.gif
LoLo
OK rescheduled meeting......tomorrow at 4 pm pst (which is pretty much 24 hours from this post)

anyone interested in helping PM me or Cheese, we can always use a bigger planning committee. lol
Prince Aries
Hey all. Was that meeting still going on for today? I know it should be around this time.....just curious happy.gif
LoLo
Oh crap it was supposed to start 6 mins ago.
cheese is funny
eep!! im an hour late... is it still going?
Prince Aries
At the time LoLo and I were really the only ones online so we were talking about rescheduling actually happy.gif
LoLo
it didnt even happen cause aries and i were the only ones on. lol
cheese is funny
another rescheduling... <sighs> ill make it to the next one dry.gif
Prince Aries
Well who all do we need again? Because now me, Lo, and cheese are all here......maybe we could even do it tonight? So who all are we waiting on? Just a thought.....rescheduling could prove fatal happy.gif
cheese is funny
i dunno... who did we have last time?

you.... me... lo.... erm..... unsure.gif
Prince Aries
*laughs* Let's hope Lo remembers then.....curse us men and our bad memories! happy.gif
cheese is funny
hmmm... ok... <waits for lo>

hmm... im tired of waiting...

<runs off screaming>
LoLo
was cheese, aries, cand, me, and oni
Stray
are you talkin Canada? 'CAUSE I LIVE ON THE WEst COAST THERE!
LoLo
QUOTE (Stray @ Jul 24 2003, 07:12 AM)
are you talkin Canada? 'CAUSE I LIVE ON THE WEst COAST THERE!

Sacramento, California, as has been stated throughout this thread.
Little Green Goth
When is this schedualed to happen? unsure.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Little Green Goth @ Jul 24 2003, 07:47 PM)
When is this schedualed to happen? unsure.gif

we're shooting for june 2004
hinsley
if i dont make this meet ill die. DIE. sad.gif god i hope i get this money together.
sad.gif i need something like a grand. A THOUSAND POUNDS. i really need to get a job quickly. sad.gif but i cant till i move into my dads again, oh god this is so frustrating.

wat if i get a job, will the bank give me a loan?
Prince Aries
I agree Hins. I will simply keel over and die right there if I can't make this meet.

I CANNOT WAIT!!
LoLo
We need to get back to planning this sometime. lol
Debaser
yes, we do, so i can book plane tickets... dry.gif
leopold
Oooh, guess what? I could prolly come to this now! I spoke to the missus, an she's cool with it! She dun wanna come, but she's happy fer me to do so... Not that I need her permission, I jus like to make sure she's not gonna be miffed at me or anythin.

So it'd be fer a week. Now I need to check flight prices so I can save up!
CommieBastard
I really, really, want to go. It's almost certainly not going to happen, since I'm not going to be able to go with my family (who have a holiday in August), and my mother would never let me stay in America on my own (note: she doesn't consider people met over the internet real people). Would be ueberish cool though.
Prince Aries
Yes we do need to get back to planning this. This is going to be a big highlight of my life that's for sure! biggrin.gif

Leo, that is GREAT to hear that you could probably make it too! This is turning out to be one uber-ish time we're going to have! *is all excited*

Commie - I would do EVERYTHING in my power to get you here. I would KILL to see me e-hubby happy.gif
VVes
0ooo...west coast meet in CAli in 2004?...damn can't it be like October 2003? I am gonna be in Long Beach in October...arghh... this would suck cause I have commited enough resources for a week in Long Beach and I really had other plans for Next summer...hmmm...we'll see?

I keep my eyes on this thread ....

blink.gif

I would seriously liek to meet all of you guys and UNf! the night away... oh wait that was a wet dream ..um

::...tiptoes backwards out of the room...runs away ..::
Prince Aries
And let's not all forget what I'm now dubbing "West Coast Meet: The Pre-Show"

This is when Aries pops by randomly sometime later this year for a quick hello, molests Cheese, and tears up local goth nights with Lolo laugh.gif

And you were right VVes, it'll probably be a night of much hypothetical uNFing laugh.gif
monkey_called_narth
ok i really really want to go to this thing... could somone maybe sweep threw illinois and pick me up???
Prince Aries
Narth, I'll be coming from Iowa.....maybe we can work something out together?
monkey_called_narth
maybee. ill try!
magikeyes14
hmm.... sacremento... damn, due to the fact that im not old enough to have my license and my dad would never go for it, i dont think i can go.. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif i wish i could go... i suck... i hate being young and ridless... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.