Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Is The Best?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2
Nachodude
Mr.snaffleburger is the best! lol well he is like a hamburger that is samrt wat more do you ask for ,alot but oh well laugh.gif
Kurruskita
Mr Snaffleburger looked straight into my eyes and stole my heart forever
acidteardrop
why is it that whenever mr.sb gets a vote, lgg gets another one! two new votes, mr.sb was down by one, got two new votes, and lgg is STILL up by one! damnit!
Fluffy
I'm pretty sure that's my fault. biggrin.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I like Mr. Snaffleburger. Corporations are probably that evil.. which makes it funny.. biggrin.gif
acidteardrop
yay! were tied! (again)
Sir Maxerpopple
QUOTE (Silver Star Angel of Da Towers @ Dec 30 2003, 05:52 PM)
I like Mr. Snaffleburger. Corporations are probably that evil.. which makes it funny.. biggrin.gif

What do you mean probably? Most definatly evil! Just the degree to which they are varies.
Nachodude
ph34r.gif we should invade some evil coparation and then take all their paper plates and cups!becuase they're not rlly paper!there stryfoam!
Fluffy
QUOTE (Nachodude @ Dec 30 2003, 08:35 PM)
ph34r.gif we should invade some evil coparation and then take all their paper plates and cups!becuase they're not rlly paper!there stryfoam!

While you're right, there are styrofoam plates, there are also literally paper plates, therefore they may actually be paper plates.

Don't ask... I just felt like defending disposable plates.
Sir Maxerpopple
QUOTE (Nachodude @ Dec 30 2003, 09:35 PM)

So your best way to hack the corporate reality is through plate theft?
Fluffy
LGG is the best storywise, and therefore my favorite. Although I do agree, hilaritywise (is that even a word?) Mr. SB is the best.
Sir Maxerpopple
But does the goth girl have a meaningful message like snaffy does? That's what is so great about him, he works on multiple levels.
Fluffy
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Dec 31 2003, 11:39 AM)
But does the goth girl have a meaningful message like snaffy does?  That's what is so great about him, he works on multiple levels.

Er... be careful of doors that you never noticed before, especially if goth bunnies are behind them?
Little Green Goth
LGG...of course!!! Though I might be biased.
acidteardrop
noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr.sb is fallen behind again! *pouts*
Sir Maxerpopple
I wish at least one person voted for nine mouthed baby. He was my introduction to matazone.
cristyblah
This is very confusing lmao wow!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Mata
Mr Sb has lots of ideas in it about questioning the reality that is presented to you andthe agenda with which it comes (eg. we want you to be happy = you will be happy when you buy our products, why we would we make products that make you sad?).

LGG also has some very important messages in it about choosing your own destiny, not allowing yourself to get sucked into the patterns of society that breed into us things that we don't want to be there. Just because Sarah is the daughter of Satan it doesn't mean that she has to be evil, although that is a side of her own character that in time she will have to come to terms with. She has the choice, so on our level this means that just because, for example, our parents behave towards us or others in ways that we don't want to copy it doesn't mean that we will have to follow in their footsteps. I think the message of the LGG animations is just as important as the Mr Sb ones.

In some ways Mr Sb's meaning is common sense, of course you shouldn't trust what people who are trying to sell you something tell you, but LGG's is more profound, it's about finding your own identity in the world and knowing that there is nothing wrong sometimes with breaking a chain. You can be who you want to be. Sure, at times it will be tough, but if you stick to following your own nature then you can become who you want to be, not who others expect you to be.
gerbilfromhell
Well, while the basis of the Mr. Sb animations ARE common sense, they're also practical, yet make you think. Obviously, they make you think about the motives of massive corperations and just what is in their products, but they also make you think about how much you DON'T know about the government. The government can make all information about something off-limits to the public at will simply by classifying it. It makes you think about how much we don't know about our government, as well as if we want to know it. Obviously, I don't think our governmnet is shoving electrodes into unsuspecting corperate mascots or anything, but you get my point...

While I've always liked the LGG animations (both design and music), as well as the more philosophical and profound meanings behind it, I've always perfered Mr. SB because there're plenty of corperations/organizations that are disturbingly similar to The Corperation (obviously not the same). Plus I liked the design of the animations more than I liked LGG's.

And besides, it has The Corperation. How can you not love The Corperation? The Corperation loves you, so you should love and submit to it.
Queenie
I chose Little Goth Girl. I like her lots an lots laugh.gif but was very tempted to vote Samuri Lapin... like that animation lots too. In fact i want to vote for them all. *pouts* ppppwwwweeeaaasssee!!!?? tongue.gif
TerminalFrost
I choose Mittens and Snowdrop. Cute little kitties they are.
Juiceisgood
Mr Snaffleburger, of course wink.gif
CommieBastard
Sarah reminds me somewhat of Adam in Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Adam is the Antichrist and son of Satan, but he ended up being raised as a human.
Mutilation
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Dec 31 2003, 03:26 AM)
QUOTE (Nachodude @ Dec 30 2003, 09:35 PM)

So your best way to hack the corporate reality is through plate theft?

I also have a wicked scheme, invovling jamming the little gate barrier thing to their carpark.

Mwhahahahahaha!

Anyway 5|3 |2(_)|_35 _|()()!!!!!!!!!!11111
MiniRagnarok
Sorry guys, I love lgg too much. I just can't vote for SB. Mittens was my intro to matazone so SB would be third. Otherwise, I love SB more. Although, if I had to choose to see only one more until the end of time, it would be Samuri Lapin. I just haven't had a chance to see many of him. dry.gif
gothictheysay
Mmkay, I need to go back to the Lapin and watch, the first one I watched with a short attention span and didn't finish. I am not sure I could choose between LGG and Snaffy. I dearly love both and their messages and I identify with Sarah (we share a name and I always agree with her point of view although I don't have my own lab and my father isn't Satan) but I love the satire in Snaffy. Argh! Can't choose. Snaffy was also my intro to the other side.

Oh, and /100th post biggrin.gif
Hobbes
Mittens and Snowdrop

They brought me here, so I owe them that.

Oh... and the "Be Good? Be Evil?" life test is a favourite, too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.