Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Won't Be Around So Much
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
leopold
Okay, so now I'm back from the study stuffs, an guess what??

I'm now a fully certified CCNA!!! w00t!! biggrin.gif

Pity the rest of my life isn't running so sweetly... I need to get away from things for a short while, so I'll still be a bit AWOL...
CommieBastard
Good to hear about the CCNA, leo!

Shame about whatever else is going on in your life. Hope everything gets smoothed over soon. smile.gif
Phyllis
Congrats on the CCNA, Leo! smile.gif

And I'm sorry to hear about the RL stuff (I had suspicions about what it was that were confirmed after reading a post of yours in Issues). *big hugs* If you ever need to unload about anything or just need a hug, I'm always here. I hope things get worked out soon.
Jaq
Go Leo!

Yay! We've missed you round about the boards lately. Well at least I have.

How's my original e spouse? smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Congrates on CCNA! biggrin.gif

Missed you lot round here lately hope you can get stuff sorted & come back soon. *big Hugs*
leopold
Thanks, you guys smile.gif

I'd thought about posting more, but I wasn't sure how good an idea it was to plaster 12 months of my brain mess here. I know people care and support, but there's only so far I think these things can be pushed.

Best left said, that a few hours ago I felt horribly trapped after a bloody great week in London - if you can describe doing 8:30am to 8:00pm training and being holed up in a grotty hotel in Kings Cross in such a fashion! Now, however, things have moved on a step, the trap I thought I was in has gone away (hopefully indefinitely but I have a horrid feeling it'll be back) and I've had a nice evening.

If I get enough people ask me what happened, I might post something more extensive.

Oh, and the reason for my lack of the usual "stylised" posting is cos I really don't feel up to it. Yep, it's not me, entirely, but I'm not feeling very "me" at the moment.
CrissiLove
Congratulations on the CCNA certification smile.gif That is really great! Also, I hope that the other problems in your life will work out for you!
Cath Sparrow
You know we want to help so if you feel the need post away & and dont worry about the post styling I think at the moment thats the least of your worries. That'll sort it's self out when you feel up to it & from the sounds of things it been a rather hektic week if not couple of months so your probably pretty exhausted and thats probably not going to ease up till you sort out this other stuff. So hange on in there & you know you can turn to us if you want to talk anything through. PM if you need to rant or anything. *more Big Hugs*
Jaq
QUOTE (Cath @ Sep 21 2003, 04:19 AM)
You know we want to help so if you feel the need post away & and dont worry about the post styling I think at the moment thats the least of your worries. That'll sort it's self out when you feel up to it & from the sounds of things it been a rather hektic week if not couple of months so your probably pretty exhausted and thats probably not going to ease up till you sort out this other stuff. So hange on in there & you know you can turn to us if you want to talk anything through. PM if you need to rant or anything. *more Big Hugs*

Couldn't have said it better Cath.

Rant away if you like Leo either here or in PM's.
Pab
*bump*

leo, howya doin', buddy?
LoLo
I miss Leo. **whines** just had to be said.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 29 2003, 09:25 AM)
I miss Leo. **whines** just had to be said.

Me too. *cries*
Industrial Kybosh
I don't. I hate the bum-faced old sheepfiddler.

/me bites a knuckle and turns away, moist-eyed...
CrissiLove
*stomping my feet and pounding my fists on my desk while chanting*

I want Leopold!
I want Leopold!
I want Leopold!
I want Leopold!
I want Leopold!
I want Leopold!
I want Leopold!
I want Leopold!

hehe tongue.gif

I hope things are going well for you, Leopold! We miss you a lot! *Hugs*
leopold
erm... yeah, sorry about the ole absence an that, but summat dead strange happened. RL caught up wi me an has taken me away from all you lovely people!

So what's been happenin? Well, fer a start I've not been "home" hardly at all recently. Since I split with the wife, it's been a place I like to come to less an less... it's pretty sad, I'm only here to pack some stuff for a work-related jaunt an it dun feel like home any more *snif* So I've been spendin most of me time round where me girlfriend lives, cos I dun like bein in this house on me own so much. This does mean I'm not at either me Internet connection or me puter at all very much...

Oh, the work related jaunt is I'm workin for a few weeks in Switzerland - just come back from a few days there fer the weekend, an I'm back off tomorrow at some insanely early hour.

So yeah, I've been AWOL fer a good while, an I suspect while I'm in this transitional phase of RL that I'll be largely absent fer a good while longer. Mebbe one day I'll be back, but at the mo it's really hard to say...

But I am happy, an that makes a nice change.

Thanks fer all yer thoughts an best wishes, you guys. I wish I could meet ya all an give ya all a massive great big hug smile.gif
LoLo
leo we love you and miss you tons! I'm glad things are going better for you, though at least its happening to a person who deserves it!
MistressAlti
Hey hon... just take care of yourself, okay? You're in our thoughts/prayers/wishes/etc, and we'll be happy to have you if and when you get resettled. wub.gif
Cath Sparrow
I'm with the general vote of WE MISS YOU! but its good to here things are starting to sort them selves out & I hope it all settles for you soon. Come back & see us when you can & seeing as RL hugs aren't possible Here's some *HUGE CYBER HUGS* biggrin.gif
CrissiLove
I'm glad that it sounds like you finally have things going in the right direction. smile.gif Good things couldn't happen to a more deserving person! I really miss you, though. Take good care of yourself! *Hugssssss*
leopold
Awww, thanks you guys. I do miss you lot, but it's been a bit hectic here fer me... I'm hardly ever at me puter these days, spendin more time with me new family.

I jus got back from Switzerland an I have a coupla hours spare to pop on here an see what's been happenin. Then I've gotta make a few calls an sort some stuff out cos of everythin that needs to be dealt with - like organisin me MCSE course an gettin some paperwork fer me divorce... an to cap it all I've gone an misplaced me mobile phone (I think I left it in me girlfriend's car yesterday, but she's doin interviews today which'll make it a bit difficult to contact her) so I've now gotta play "hunt the phone number". Damn stoopid phone memory makin me not bothered to remember any of 'em mad.gif

I'll pop on here when I can, but it's gonna be really infrequent. I guess I should make more of an effort to email some of ya... even that bum bag inky! tongue.gif laugh.gif
CrissiLove
It's really nice to see you posted today! I'm glad that you are getting everything settled. smile.gif I hope that you and your new girlfriend are happy and doing well! Take good care of yourself.... I miss you! ********GiganticHugs&KissOnTheCheek********
Industrial Kybosh
You'd better email me, you scabby old phallus-wrangler.

We still have to have that pint in Manchester, y'know. My time is rather less free now...
Spacehappy
Leo, the ladies are getting restless mate so you better flirt with some of em wink.gif

Missin you huh.gif
leopold
Well, I've started me MCSE course now... great fun too, gotta leave work dead on time an drive 60-ish miles to the trainin centre, in lovely Manc rush hour traffic, then do 3 hours, then drive the 60-ish miles back... gettin in at almost 10pm two nights a week is gonna kill me big time! Oh well, at least it's more qualifications an so leads to better job wi more money an therefore a bigger house for me an the girlfriend an the kids...

But still no sign of any increase in me online time, even with the new ADSL connection at work in place. Hey ho...
CommieBastard
More qualifications? You greedy bastard tongue.gif Leave some for the rest of us!
leopold
Meh... I jus like havin letters after me name tongue.gif

Leo, BEng, CCNA, MCSE (pending)
CommieBastard
A girl I know had letters after her name for being good at playing the recorder. Maybe you could give that a shot?

Edit to add: Does that mean your name is Lee Beng? Hehehe...I'm not sure why I find that funny, but still.
leopold
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 1 2003, 10:33 PM)
A girl I know had letters after her name for being good at playing the recorder. Maybe you could give that a shot?

Edit to add: Does that mean your name is Lee Beng? Hehehe...I'm not sure why I find that funny, but still.

Letters fer bein able to play the recorder??? WTF???? ohmy.gif

Mind, fer bein able to play the most tuneless instrument in creation, ya should get knighted or summat... an anyone listenin should qualify fer the George Cross, fer bravery above an beyond the call of duty... laugh.gif

An no, me name isn't Lee Beng. Although it would be preferable... dry.gif
CommieBastard
Ah, but Lee, you never heard her play...it was...well, I never heard her play either. We were at school together, I didn't know her that well. Can't remember what was after her name...began with a B though. And she'd better be damn good, or I'm going to apply for letters after my name for being able to form a coherent sentence of written English. God knows she never could.
leopold
Hmmmm... I sense a silly topic comin on here... Letters after yer name fer bein able to do mundane stuff really well. I guess I should think of a cogent paradigm before I start such a thing.

/me thinks hard for a mo

GAH! Nowt forthcomin... damn my lack of creativity mad.gif
CommieBastard
Lee, you just used "cogent paradigm" in an everyday sentence. For that, you get letters.
leopold
Really? How cool! biggrin.gif

erm... so what letters do I get then, exactly?
CommieBastard
Uh...what letters do you want?
leopold
erm... how's about MCP - Master of Cogent Paradigms?

Not my fault that people in my profession will confuse it with the Microsoft one now, is it?? wink.gif laugh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
I'm still hankering after that OBe, so i really can be Sir Psyhco Sexy OBe laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.