Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Counsellor's Encounter
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
Yep, it's here at last, use the link on frontpage! http://www.matazone.co.uk/theotherside.html
prezgfish
sweeeeeeeet

very very sweet

different from all the other goth girl episodes yet is still part of them, although slightly darker and not as comical as previous this one has it's own sense of place within srarh's world, it just shows us that a lot is going on in the background that our beloved sarah is completely oblivious to. with makes future story lines all the more interesting.

em.. what i mean is LGG rules
Mata
biggrin.gif
prezgfish
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 27 2003, 12:29 PM)
biggrin.gif

yay mata happy

ok questions that automatically arise

will belial get a rematch?

is zuriel trying to let sarah choose or influence her?

is zuriel working on behalf of heaven or is he one of the fallen who didn't go to hell and is protecting sarah from both sides? (guardian angel if you will)

are both sides aware that sarah is allready planning on using both angels and demons for her own personal gain? (flufflikins episode)

why do parents always try to decide what your future career will be?
Mata
I could give some answers to most of those, but the last one has me stumped wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
That was tremendous.

The music and the visuals tied together perfectly. The dialogue was suitably high-drama without being cheesy. The fight between Good and Evil was nicely brutal.

And I'm very glad you didn't show Sarah's face at the end. It shows you're comfortable with how recognisable she is from just a part of her, and it allowed the focus to remain on Zuriel, who was, of course, the main character of the piece.

It was brilliant - five weeks well spnt in my opinion. You should be proud.
prezgfish
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 27 2003, 12:59 PM)
I could give some answers to most of those, but the last one has me stumped wink.gif

yeah that's one of those why do they wish to controll us questions!

ok then answer the others... pwease wub.gif
sjwt
WOOT!!!

Thank you muchly <G>
this is gona take forever on my cable to download
as ive reached my cap,
but even if took 10 secodns it woudl still be forever ..
ravein
OMG!!!!!!! ohmy.gif THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!! WOW!!!! THE TRANSITIONS ARE KILLER!!!!!! VERY GOOD WORK MATA!!!!!!!!!

***beaming with joy*** biggrin.gif
MistressAlti
That was absolutely beautiful. I'm so proud. >goes to watch it yet again<
LoLo
wonderful wonderful wonderful as always!
Mata
Hey Lolo, I thought you were trying to not be on here so often (not that I'm complaining, just observing!).

And no, I'm not going to answer those questions tongue.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 27 2003, 09:27 AM)
Hey Lolo, I thought you were trying to not be on here so often (not that I'm complaining, just observing!).

And no, I'm not going to answer those questions tongue.gif

I was but I'm so weak.
Spacehappy
First time poster here, loved the Counsellors Encounter....would love you to print up some Counsellor tee-shirts, while he is in Zuriel form. smile.gif

Love the site, and i hope to come here quiet often so see you all again.
witchblade_babe
its wonderful i love it hehe. it makes you wonder how the storyline is going to be. we all want our beloved sarah to win in the end but how is she going to win evil or good... ah its wonderful ^^V great work mata laugh.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif
Sun Tsu
I can't wait to get Modular Series' album.

Sun Tsu
craziness
DUDEEEEEEEEE! that was the best LLG so far! i always thought LLG was cool, but i didnt like her the most because she needed more of a dark quality that i could see was trying to be there but it just wasnt working for me but snaff is still my favorite but that was still the coolest thing ever!

ok....that didnt make much sense but it was just awesome so yeah!
Smallsam
Oh my god.
Thats all I can think of to say.
Oh. My. God.
That was quite possibly the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Ever. I love you.

*dumbfounded*
gerbilfromhell
OMG that was the most INSANELY SCHWAY LGG! biggrin.gif the music was great, the plot was great, the whole animation was just SOOOO SCHWAY! can't wait for the next one biggrin.gif
Sarah the Spider
That was uber wicked, Mata! Finally got it to load! It was incredible, and I loved the music! That was the coolest thing ever...

AL HAIL MATA!
gerbilfromhell
(hails mata) (we already did this in another thread)
Clodia Risa
It's great to have some back story to Sarah, and to have validation in her claim that she's the daughter of Satan. Not that I ever doubted it, but I was not looking forward to a possible twist where we find out that Sarah is actually insane. I love the hint in the first animation (sign - Zuriel's college...and the angel drawn on it). I hope you plan to continue on this storyline for your next post.
leopold
Such a beautiful twist to the tale...

...top banana Mata! Keep em comin biggrin.gif
Alex The Kender
I really like the music fo it, I twiddle my thumbs staring at the Modular Series web page waiting for some sort of update on the album coming out, alas, nothing yet wink.gif
Free Psycho
Wow. Just wow. I had to watch it like three times in a row just because. I'm just sitting here, watching the new LGG going,"Wow...wow..." to no one but the screen. You did a REALLY great job with that one, Mata. Wow. I hope you seriously consider making shirts from that episode. Oh, btw-does anyone else think that Belial looks like Mata, especially from his early pictures? Could be just me...would be an interesting twist though...
Free Psycho
QUOTE (Clodia Risa @ Mar 29 2003, 12:21 PM)
(sign - Zuriel's college...and the angel drawn on it)

Excellent observation!! I never saw that and had to go back and watch that episode!! No doubt Mata had this in mind the whole time...genius...where did he get those names from I wonder?
craziness
Zuriel and Belial both look like mata. i thought that was kind of obvious. i didnt bother stating what i find to be obvious. oh well, i notcie weird stuff like that. the clown killer didnt just look liek mata it was him and notice how similar the shape of the face is and everything yeah.........
Free Psycho
Sorry, I guess I'm bad at always stating the obvious. At least I'm not alone in thinking everyone looks like Mata...people wise...on the other side....yeah... unsure.gif
Ashley
I want to show it to other people, but they've never seen the other ones, and it wouldn't make sense. sad.gif

Oh well. <3 it.
craziness
my cousin was over yesterday, trying to get me to download rap on kazaa. so i shooed him away and turned on the new LLG again. he walked into my room in the middle of it and watched, looking very confused. he stared at me for about a second and then just made me download rap again.
Mata
I'm told by the Modular Series guys that there are a couple of tracks by them on Kazaa. Their new album should be available soon... I've somehow basically become their manager! I'll be putting a link up for where you can buy the album on my page as soon as I get it from the distribution guys.

Okay, kudos will be paid to anyone who can find out why I chose the angel Zuriel to work in the college smile.gif
gerbilfromhell
the answer isn't in the bible right. cause if it is, i'm not lookin, the bible's too long laugh.gif
Koyotuma
Zuriel is apparently either a band (which frankly makes no sense) or more likely he is the head Merarite. I cant find out what a Merarite is though, I think it must be one of the tribes...why the Collage counciller is called this is beyond my meagre facilities. One more thing...what ever happened to Devils?
Mata
Devils is still around, he turns up in animations now and then...

Zuriel... I'm not sure if he turned up in the Bible, I could look it up. You're on the right tracks there though.
gerbilfromhell
? he does? i've only seen him in 2......... is he hidden or something? (embedded in the wallpaper, in the floor, actually lgg..... that last 1 makes no sense,ignore it)
craziness
but mata:
is the clown killer supposed to be you?
are zuriel and belial supposed to be you?
gerbilfromhell
are you saying mata kills clowns and is an angel and a devil at the same time? that makes no sense i'm confused i'll be leaving now (runs away) ph34r.gif
craziness
GERBIL! you dont understand! dont you see the facial and body type similarities? i think that mata tried to make them resemble himself and express his different sides. i dunno, mata you tell me. i couldnt find them on kazaa!!!! *CRIES*
gerbilfromhell
you coulda been more specific when you said 'are they supposed to be mata' mad.gif
diceisdice
Zuriel's not in the Bible - only three angels appear in the Bible. Could be in the Apocrypha though. The Merarites aren't a tribe, either. ~frowns~

excellent fight scene between Zuriel and Belial! I'd love to see more of those!

also, in the first lgg, didn't he say, "There are definitely no spiders in here"? as a spider crawled across the wall? Why?
diceisdice
okay, here's what I found.

Zuriel
Angel of Harmony
An angel who holds dominion over the sun sign of Libra, he encourages us to be more harmonious, sociable and appreciative of beauty.

I'm going to feel really dumb if it's out of Good Omens or something, aren't I?
sjwt
QUOTE (diceisdice @ Apr 3 2003, 01:09 AM)
okay, here's what I found.

Zuriel
Angel of Harmony
An angel who holds dominion over the sun sign of Libra, he encourages us to be more harmonious, sociable and appreciative of beauty.

I'm going to feel really dumb if it's out of Good Omens or something, aren't I?

never,
cause if he is then thats cool :>
Mata
Okay...

1) Modular Series on Kazaa: I've had a check and I can't find 'em either. That'll teach me to listen to the members of the least reliable band in the world!

2) Am I the angel, the devil and the clown killer? That depends how you look at it. I've always said that everything a person does is a self-portrait because it reveals as aspect of their inner self, but as to what it reveals is a more complex question. There is a more simple answer as to why these characters look like me. For purposes of 'time-saving' (hahahahaha .... hahahahahahahaha .... hahahahaha *wipes tear from eye*) and more importantly for the coolness of the effect in my more realistic animations I use a technique called rotoscoping. This involves making a film and then tracing around the outlines, frame by frame, to create an extremely realistic animation effect. It takes a very long time indeed but it is the 'fastest' (hahahaha) way to get the result I'm looking for.

3) SJWT, kudos to you. You're very close to the answer of why I chose Zuriel, close enough that I will tell you the correct answer. I have a wonderful book called 'A Dictionary of Angel: including the fallen angels' by Gustav Davidson (track down a copy if you can, it's a superb reference work) and in there Zuriel is the final entry, and among his other listed attributes is that he is 'also a curer of stupidity in man', which is a rather more blunt way of stating the definition that you found! I liked the idea that an angel with this role would be running a college (but not the headmaster). Belial was a lot more difficult to pick, he's chosen more for his ranking in hell than any specific duty.

4) Thinking about it I guess Devils has only been in a couple of animations. Well, he's a dog so he wanders around the house and sleeps a lot smile.gif
gerbilfromhell
you should have devils randomly walk across the screen in a mittens animation.......well I think it'd be funny, stop staring at me! ph34r.gif
diceisdice
you should have devils randomly walk across the screen in a mittens animation.......well I think it'd be funny, stop staring at me! 

I agree. I laughed so hard at the end of the Harvest animation... I walked around all week going, "Hey, Mittens, what's in the bag? It smells great!"

ah, curer of stupidity... I could use one of those. biggrin.gif

~starts to suspect Belial is the principle; goes to watch the animations again~
prezgfish
QUOTE (diceisdice @ Apr 3 2003, 05:42 PM)
you should have devils randomly walk across the screen in a mittens animation.......well I think it'd be funny, stop staring at me!

I agree. I laughed so hard at the end of the Harvest animation... I walked around all week going, "Hey, Mittens, what's in the bag? It smells great!"

ah, curer of stupidity... I could use one of those. biggrin.gif

~starts to suspect Belial is the principle; goes to watch the animations again~

mittens cameo in harvester was sweet.

i doubt belial is in th collage but he'll be back they always come back
Mata
The devils cameo is a good suggestion. If I can justify it in a plot sometime I may just do that.

On the other hand I might never write a plot that justifies it, we'll have to wait and see!
TraciGrrl
If I can be a word whore.....
"free will" is two words. wink.gif

That said, awesome animation. It shows a lot more of your artistic talent!!!!
prezgfish
devils is a friendly dog so far isn't he but does he have the capability to breath napalm?
gerbilfromhell
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 31 2003, 07:28 PM)
Okay, kudos will be paid to anyone who can find out why I chose the angel Zuriel to work in the college smile.gif

Well, after many months, I think I might have the answer! Or at least something LEADING to the answer....

I decided to look up 'Zuriel' in the dictionary and it says:

"Zuriel, rock or strength of God"

'That have anything to do with it?

Oh, and I randomly found where the "abandon every hope, ye who enter here" (written on the sign for Zuriel's college) is from. It's from Dante, and it's part of the writing on the gates of Hell:

"Through me the way into the suffering city,
Through me the way to the eternal pain,
Through me the way that runs among the lost.
Justice urged on my high artificer;
My maker was divine authority,
The highest wisdom, and the primal love.
Before me nothing but eternal things were made,
And I endure eternally.
Abandon every hope, ye who enter here"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.