Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The M.i.a. Family Album
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
leopold
Thinkin about it... does anyone else think we should pin this? I mean, it IS a valid, ongoin thingummy fer people we all know an care about...
Phyllis
*cough* I agree w/ ya Leo, but I'm just a tad biased..lmao.
Debaser
i think so, cause it's an equally important part of the family album...

and so, with a flick of my magical moddy wand...
leopold
Nice pinnin action there, d-man! biggrin.gif

Cand - can ya do us all a favour please? Can ya put the link to the MIA album in yer first post? With the fam album offline, it's a bit tricky to get to fer us poor unfortunates who forgot to bookmark it...
LoLo
QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 20 2003, 09:30 AM)
Nice pinnin action there, d-man! biggrin.gif

Cand - can ya do us all a favour please? Can ya put the link to the MIA album in yer first post? With the fam album offline, it's a bit tricky to get to fer us poor unfortunates who forgot to bookmark it...

I'm halfway through the rebuild of the index, the main family album should be up in an hour or so.
Phyllis
Psst Leo, there already is a link in my first post, lol. But I'll put another link right here for convenience. biggrin.gif

MIA Family Album

Voila!

PS: YAAAAAAY @ pinning! biggrin.gif *admires Debs' magical moddy wand...*

Erm...that sounded dirty... blink.gif
leopold
Oh yeah, so there is... silly me sleep.gif
Debaser
QUOTE (candice @ Aug 20 2003, 06:02 PM)
*admires Debs' magical moddy wand...*

yeah, i get a lot of that. tongue.gif

phew, now the obvious gag is out of the way, normal posting can resume...
Phyllis
I did a new layout today, cause I got bored w/ the old one. Go see! happy.gif
MistressAlti
'Tis lovely! Nice work, dear!
leopold
Ooooh, that's jolly nice, is that smile.gif An ya linked to ISH too... thank you!!! *hugs*

I think a big-up fer candice is in order, people!
Phyllis
ty Missy and Leo! happy.gif

I didn't really do much, though. Twas an already set-up free layout...cause I'm far too lazy to learn to do something like that on my own..lol. I just customized a few little things, nothing much, really.

And of course I linked to ISH. Decided it was about time I did! Plus, I had 6 link spots to fill in the layout thingy. happy.gif
Phyllis
Due to recent forum events that shed light onto his true identity, Guy has been deleted from the album.

If anyone feels I was wrong to do this, by all means, feel free to debate it with me.
elf
Wow, Candice... nice layout. What'd you use to make it? I'm surprised I'm not on the MIA album, I've been away lately <<;
LoLo
QUOTE (elf @ Sep 13 2003, 06:43 PM)
Wow, Candice... nice layout. What'd you use to make it? I'm surprised I'm not on the MIA album, I've been away lately <<;

It takes 3 conseq months of not being around to be placed in there and you havent been away that long.
Phyllis
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 13 2003, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (elf @ Sep 13 2003, 06:43 PM)

It takes 3 conseq months of not being around to be placed in there and you havent been away that long.

Thanks, Liz. smile.gif It's just a free layout thingy that I found. The people who made it are linked there.

And yeah, like Lo said, it takes 3 months of being gone to be switched over (or 1 month, if you announce it). And you haven't been gone that long (which is a good thing! smile.gif )
Phyllis
IEOFERIOWEJOIVNEOIJREOWJOIWEMR!!!!!!!

Freewebs hates me.

I am in the middle of updating the site. I have TWO people left to add. It will now not let me into my site manager.

This is obviously some horrible conspiracy.

Well, even though it's not done because of EDITING Freewebs, the people being added are Double Minded, Eileen Aries, Everlasting Godstopper, Kawaii Neko, Lindy Lou who (*sigh*) , Racing Away 13, Raven 343, Smallsam, and Nummy Nums. Just thought I'd add a quick note about Nummy and why I decided it was best to move her to the MIA site. The rule is, if your departure is announced, you get moved there after a month. Even though it wasn't Nummy who announced her departure, she has been gone (unless I'm mistaken...I could be, I didn't bother checking, honestly) about a month. If she comes back after her ban is lifted, she will, of course, be moved back to the regular album. In the meantime, people who were close to her and have something positive to say are welcome to, just as they are with anyone on the album. I will not, however, post any negative comments, so please don't bother sending them to me. My feelings about her are pretty well known, but it'd be unfair of me to treat her any differently than any other MIA member, so please don't ask me to. I don't think anyone would actually do that, but I figured I should put it up here just in case.

If anyone feels I was wrong to add any of these people, by all means, tell me.

*Edit* btw, Lo...I got all of the files I needed from the Fam Album, even though they aren't uploaded yet. So you can go ahead and delete all of those people whenever ya like. smile.gif And thanks for being so patient while I procrastinated with updating this...lol. happy.gif

*Edit again!* Woo! It let me into the Site Manager, FINALLY! The site is now updated! happy.gif
Phyllis
Updates added..yaaay!

I put up Crissi's memories of Double Minded, and I finally got around to linking to Kawaii Neko and Racingaway 13's audio files. They're the first ones in the MIA album to have any, so I didn't even think about it when I was moving them.

Anyway, remember, people are more than welcome to PM me memories of anyone they were particularly close to. smile.gif Or stick em in here...I'll see them at any rate.
Phyllis
Oooh, another update...First one in awhile other than people being deleted cause they came back.

Today I added Lo's memories of Double Minded, Everlasting Godstopper, LindyLouWho, Raven343, and Smallsam.

smile.gif

(I'm such a procrastinator though...she sent them to me 2 days ago..lol tongue.gif )
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 12 2003, 12:24 AM)
Oooh, another update...First one in awhile other than people being deleted cause they came back.

Today I added Lo's memories of Double Minded, Everlasting Godstopper, LindyLouWho, Raven343, and Smallsam.

smile.gif

(I'm such a procrastinator though...she sent them to me 2 days ago..lol tongue.gif )

Sh*t. laugh.gif I meant to write those whenever it was that you put them in. What wasn't that a month ago? You're fast!
Phyllis
Another update. I linked the tribute site that Lo made for Dayan on the MIA site. Like she mentioned in the Family Album thread, he will be staying on the active members' album forever...which is absolutely as it should be.

I know there are quite a few MIA members I haven't added. I promise I'll get to it once school lets out for winter break. Right now it's just as well that I'm busy with school though, because freewebs is apparently undergoing some changes and is all nutso.
Phyllis
No, I didn't forget about this site!

Well. Sort of. I forgot about doing updates, anyway.

But one has been done now! Emiliza, Gary, Jadestorm, MAtt, NoName4444, Poppa.Moo, Shuilong, Sickness, Witchblade Babe, and Wolfbane were all added today. I went ahead and made the update for January, so anyone who hadn't posted since October was added.

As always, if ya have any memories about these people that you want to share, just let me know. smile.gif
Phyllis
Emiliza moved back to the regular album because she came back the day after I moved her over. tongue.gif I'm just kidding, welcome back, Emiliza. biggrin.gif

Also, I feel the need to remind everyone that when doing updates, I only go through the list of members who are on the regular family album. If there is someone who has been gone a long time, but is not on the family album, they won't get put up on the MIA album unless you speak up. tongue.gif
Phyllis
Hehe...whoops.

I forgot to move Dancing Altoid with everyone else in that big update I did earlier...and she hasn't posted since August.

Oh well. She's on there now.
poppa.moo
Dec 31 2003, poppa.moo is MIA. A day that will live in infamy. I am still here, and am hoping I may be allowed back in through the back door quietly, although there might not be many people that remember me looking at the MIA list! I'm honoured that I was thought upon, to become a member if the MME (MIA Matazone Elite) however if anyone would care to remove me from the list once I have been accepted (AGAIN) I would be most thankful! xxx
LoLo
QUOTE (poppa.moo @ Mar 7 2004, 03:37 PM)
Dec 31 2003, poppa.moo is MIA. A day that will live in infamy. I am still here, and am hoping I may be allowed back in through the back door quietly, although there might not be many people that remember me looking at the MIA list! I'm honoured that I was thought upon, to become a member if the MME (MIA Matazone Elite) however if anyone would care to remove me from the list once I have been accepted (AGAIN) I would be most thankful! xxx

How could you not be accepted? Welcome back! Yay! **dances** I missed you.
Phyllis
Oooh welcome back, Poppa! happy.gif

I'll delete you from the MIA list tomorrow as I'm not on for very long tonight. smile.gif
Phyllis
Update: Poppa Moo moved back to the regular album..yay! happy.gif
poppa.moo
Muchos Gracias my dear, very kind of you! Hey Lo! long time no see! Would dance with ya hun, but I've got a dodgy knee! sad.gif
LindyLouWho
... Am I considered MIA yet????
LoLo
QUOTE (LindyLouWho @ Apr 6 2004, 01:28 PM)
... Am I considered MIA yet????

You were, and welcome back! That is of course if you are back?!
sizzlieswix
hrmmm....

espresso_bean?
blewziebubblewrap?

what happened to these dear people

are they MIA?
Phyllis
I think so.

But I haven't had the time to update the album (other than delete a few people who came back) because of school. dry.gif

Damn school...getting in the way of my Internet social life! tongue.gif
LoLo
I know that Candice has been busy so I hacked her website and updated it for her so I wouldn't have to study, clean or get ready for work. laugh.gif I really know the password so I didn't really hack

Added to the MIA album : Angel Death, Covert Yawn, Depressed Fromage, Padonae, Sadistickitty, and Super Kathoid.
Phyllis
Okay kiddies...I need someone to take over the MIA album for me.

I just have found that I don't have the time for it. Whoever takes over, I'll give you the account names and passwords and all that (well, I'll change the password first cause it's used for other things as well)...or you can change it to a whole new site if you want.

Someone volunteer...please? wub.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ May 28 2004, 09:09 AM)
Okay kiddies...I need someone to take over the MIA album for me.

I just have found that I don't have the time for it. Whoever takes over, I'll give you the account names and passwords and all that (well, I'll change the password first cause it's used for other things as well)...or you can change it to a whole new site if you want.

Someone volunteer...please? wub.gif

I'll do that one too if no one else will. I already know the passwords and such and it's not big enough that I would have to start a new account. This is of course if no one else will do it. laugh.gif
LoLo
Elf, Flee, and Oxymoronical added to the album and Cthulhu, Padonae and Galder Weather Wax's Hat removed from album.

Just out of curiosity would people be sad to see those who have been gone over a year removed from the album? Just a thought.
leopold
I think maybe only those who don't have any comments left by others... if nobody has left messages then it's pretty obvious they won't be too sorely missed if they were dropped off.

If you're getting light on space, you could always drop the sound files and photos. I'd guess that anyone gone for so long wouldn't be that fussed if they went.
LoLo
It wasn't a space issue Leo, it was just more when I was looking at everyone in there there were a lot of people that I know and maybe you know, but a ton of other people have probably never heard of. Add to that that some haven't posted since April of last year and I'm just thinking there's probably a good chance they're not coming back.

It was just a thought anywho.
leopold
Well, how about a "gone for good" section, which won't be such a bind to update and leave in the comments of all those who cared?

Or am I just being overly sentimental here?
Pab
web-builder here, if needed ...

I must confess I've only looked at the MIA album a couple of times ... What was the main fundamental point behind it again? What, in fact, are the stats on it? ... like ... how many people visit? If there are no stats we might bolt a counter on it to find out ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.