Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Do You Think Of Society
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Spacehappy
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Apr 3 2003, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Apr 3 2003, 06:26 PM)
Not everyone would die, enough would survive to repopulate the world....and maybe this time they won't screw it up.

I see it this way the states have a president everyone knows fixed the votes to get power.....yet they all sit on there arses and do nothing about it, all they have to do is demand of their congress man/woman to demand a vote on a revote. We have a blair in the U.K who only see's himself on the european throne, and will most proberly take us into the Euro with or without the consent of the UK people.

We also have a very unpopulor war in iraq, and yes the regime there must go. But the states have ordered assinations before whats one more.....oh i forgot they tried and failed....... then keep on trying.

So yeh nuke the lot let the after life sort em out. Oh and yes i'll die to but if something comes out of it then it's not an entirely wasted point. I i could also throw in poverty,greed,animal extinction, gobalwarming, pollution ....ect,ect. yeh you may think OUR lives mean something, but what of the others that come after.....lets think of them.

/me end's rant mode.

you make good points... but nuclear war would have too big of an effect on the world... many plants and animals might not be able to survive...

They survived in enough numbers to repopulate the world after a huge metor hit us a few million years ago, and if i recall blotted out the sun, so they will survive again...what they won't survive is the human race killing them off at a huge rate. Oh and we survived that to so whats a full scale nuclear war....nothing really life will go on.
craziness
all of this thinking makes my brain hurt.
i say we just force everyone to have less kids like they did in china when th population got to big.
MAtt
first we have to stop the 19 year old drug addicts from having 6 kids before 21 and then we have to stop the 19 year old drug addicts from beating their kids and making kids that will grow up to be 19 year old drug addicts who make kids..... gah

what we need is a bomb that sterilizes all peolpe with an IQ of under 100 that way we would have a better society.

and say no to affermitive action
ravein
War, let alone nuclear war is not the answer. The meteor that hit earth is call natural selection. There is no way to solve all the problems in this world.. and if you did there would just be more to come. You want peace on earth you need total disarmament. There will always be violence. As long as there is greed and envy and mental instability you will have violence. The difference is with total disarmament you will have people strangling each other and stabbing people.. you just want be able to waste large numbers at once.
I don't think you understand what nuclear war would mean to this planet. It would be the END. NO MORE WORLD. The US alone has enough nukes to toast this planet. If one missile is launched it starts a chain reaction all over the world.. US nukes N. Korea, N' Korea nukes S Korea and California, Russia see Nukes in the air and there goes Russia.. US shoots back and the next thing you know everyone is a target..caose... earth is left in a nuclear winter for the next ... oh say 500 million years.. if you happen to make it from the initial blast and your skin didn't melt off... you would die within days from radiation poison.. if the radiation poison doesn't get you the lack of food/heat from the sun being blocked by the dust could would.... of couse that is assuming that the violence of thousands of nuclear explosions doesnt rip the earth apart and out of orbit. So lets see total destruction = peace.. never thought of it that way... dry.gif
Lord of darness
YOU ALL AGREE WITH ME (SCREEEM IN HOROR) DISTRYING THE WORLD IS A GOOD THING OR AT LEAT MOST THE PEOPLE.

But there is a flaw in your plan see stupid peopel tend to live they are like roches and don't die we would have to kill them all after the fact. Then mabey there woun't be enogth people to survive so just finnish the job.
leopold
ravein is on the money there. Anyone who thinks war is the answer is an idiot. Anyone who thinks nukes will fix everythin is a moron.

Sorry spacehappy - I do hope ya weren't bein serious. After seein the footage of the devastation in Hiroshima an Nagasaki, anyone who believes nukes are an answer to anythin needs their head examinin. I always wondered whether Harry Truman could sleep at night after what he unleashed...

BTW, society sucks. This forum ain't a society, it's a collective.
MAtt
although not the answer the nukes were helpful. I was talking about nukes and ww2 in my history class today (im always talking about stuff on the forums in history class and visa versa) and the figures were 1,000,000 american troops would have died in the invasion of Japan instead of the 70,000 in the first bombing and 40,000 in the second. those are rough figures but nukes definatly saved alot of lives.
MAtt
This forum ain't a society, it's a collective.

dood we are all borg...
leopold
QUOTE (MAtt @ Apr 3 2003, 08:39 PM)
the figures were 1,000,000 american troops would have died in the invasion of Japan

I'd love ta know how they worked that out...

'sides, it's no great loss, a mere drop in the ocean...
MAtt
yah
its funny how they did but i guess they figured it out from how long it took the troops to secure the small islands and also how the Japanese would rather die then give up
MAtt
in fact after both bombs were dropped the gerenals still did not want to surrender and only did after Hirohito insisted (he was the emporer)
ravein
true it saved US soldiers lives.. but why bomb cities.. when I was a small kid I watched this PBS special that looked like a harmless cartoon. But it was about Hiroshima an Nagasaki it showed actual footage of the bomb exploding.. it showed the imprints left behind, the bomb shadows, there where imprints of children playing burned into walls.. (the heat is so intense it leaves a imprint like spraying a stencil with spray paint)...it showed the people left behind in this city that was just a hole in the ground.. it showed the radiation sickness... it was horrible.. and if that wasn't bad enough it ended with a small boy playing in his yard looking at the bomb explode.. it showed the shock wave.. it showed his skin melt off and it showed him turn to ash..
I would rather have sacrificed American lives to keep 100,000 + Japanese civilians from dying a horrific death. And my father and two uncles where one of those men who fought in that war.. I lost a uncle in that war.. the nuclar bomb is the most horrific item ever created.
MAtt
i dond't know
i think it was worth it

that being said i never want to see it again.
ravein
In a military war you bomb military targets.. not cities
Spacehappy
Ok to be pedantic the bombs dropped in WW2 were atomic, nuclear are more precise and devastating.

The point i was making leopold is that society sucks and has gotten worse, every year i get older......maybe thats just my old man head going in action tongue.gif

But i would like to see a change in the world.....maybe someone else does to hence this new SARS thing. ph34r.gif

But anyway metioning nukes got a great response biggrin.gif
leopold
QUOTE (ravein @ Apr 3 2003, 09:14 PM)
I would rather have sacrificed American lives to keep 100,000 + Japanese civilians from dying a horrific death.

I agree. Conventional weapons may kill, but they don't poison where they hit, nor do they sweep away all life for miles around.

MAtt, I can't agree that it was worth it. That weapon is just too indiscriminate and powerful. It's not just the initial destruction but the suffering afterwards. I didn't see the film that ravein did, just some stock shots and stills, but it was enough to make me believe it's the most horrifying thing humankind has ever manufactured. I do agree that we don't need to see it in action again, though.
Lord of darness
Just distroy the world and there will be no problems....

Fine don't dive me the controle of nucks just let me se the controle panal I wount lanch one.

(RED ALERT ALL BOMBS LUNCHED)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DIIIIIIIIIIE

<Lord of darness wakes up>
Danm not real.
leopold
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Apr 3 2003, 09:20 PM)
Ok to be pedantic the bombs dropped in WW2 were atomic, nuclear are more precise and devastating.

Is there a difference??

As far as I'm aware, they both work with fissile material.
Spacehappy
Atomic were not precise nuclear are they were designed to be dropped on military targets only (2mile total destruction range 6 miles after is totally flattened by the blast 8 miles in all).....i say designed because as we all know they would be dropped on civilian centers to. OH and they make atomic bombs look weak, they range into megatons atomic don't.

You have to realise between the two atomic came first.......they only improve on these things .....not make em weaker.
ravein
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Apr 3 2003, 09:20 PM)

Saddly the details dont matter when you kill 100,000+ in less than a min.. ( I know it didnt happen at the same time...) Atomic is the mother of nuclear both suck ass.
ravein
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Apr 3 2003, 09:30 PM)
Atomic were not precise nuclear are they were designed to be dropped on military targets only (2mile total destruction range 6 miles after is totally flattened by the blast 8 miles in all).....i say designed because as we all know they would be dropped on civilian centers to. OH and they make atomic bombs look weak, they range into megatons atomic don't.

You have to realise between the two atomic came first.......they only improve on these things .....not make em weaker.

And that is the point.. look what two atomic bombs did.. it murderd 100,000+ people...think of modern day nuclear hollicost.. if you are unhappy with socity.. leave it.
Spacehappy
hmmm thats quiet negative ravein.....i prefer to try to destroy it or even better fix it wink.gif .

The nuke thing was to stimulate converstation .....worked as well now SARS is what i really love dry.gif
ravein
it is not negative.. it is true.. if you are unhappy.. and your unwilling to take positive action to help correct the issue.. leave.. find a new place that has a social structure you like.. there are ton's of them. Or find a deserted island and start your own, im sure you can by a acme start your own society kit.
Lord of darness
YOU are right distroy it with me help me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.