Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signatures
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Site fault reports
Pages: 1, 2
craziness
dear mata,
is there any way i can disable a few people's signatures, and not everyone elses?
most of them are nice, but some peoples who may be obsessed with rodents or may be noobs of those obsessed with rodents have ridiculously long sigs that make the forum impossible to read. is there anyway to just disable those? oh please say yes....... i try to keep mine short! i really do!

love, wub.gif
crazi (aka jess)
Mata
Unfortunately there is no way of doing this.

It is a good point though, the whole signature thing is getting rather out of hand.

Let's put it like this, if your signature is regularly longer than your posts then it's too long, time to trim it down folks!
prezgfish
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 3 2003, 08:11 AM)
Unfortunately there is no way of doing this.

It is a good point though, the whole signature thing is getting rather out of hand.

Let's put it like this, if your signature is regularly longer than your posts then it's too long, time to trim it down folks!

agreed
Spacehappy
But some of them are damn cool and funny.....even Hampster boys.
craziness
thanks mata
i know gerbils sig is amusing, but his posts are usually not even one line and his signature is like a novel. he needs to cut it down!!!!! it gets crazy at one point.
please shorten you sig gerbil!
gerbilfromhell
i did. it's about 1/2 the size now. and my posts average about 2 lines, i make occasional really long posts. the only reason my sig's so long is cause i've got 4 noobs, a graduated noob, an anti-noob, i co-created a cult, am a member of another cult, own a vodka imp, and get 1 line of my own. biggrin.gif
craziness
all of the noobs could fit on one line ya know
thanks for shortening it though
gerbilfromhell
it would be at least 2 lines, their names're kinda long and besides they're special they each deserve their own line biggrin.gif
GhettoSmitty
How do I change my status from newbie?
craziness
youve gotta post 10 times
lol i love your name!
Mata
And once you've posted 500 times you can change it to whatever you want. If you're as prolific as a certain Mr GerbilFH then this should take you about half an hour wink.gif
prezgfish
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 4 2003, 10:29 AM)
And once you've posted 500 times you can change it to whatever you want. If you're as prolific as a certain Mr GerbilFH then this should take you about half an hour wink.gif

gerbil has never done 500 a day let alone in a half hour

the most i've ever done is 250 a day
gerbilfromhell
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 4 2003, 10:29 AM)

ohmy.gif half an hour? i'm insulted it took me 3 min biggrin.gif
craziness
ROTFL MATA!
leopold
QUOTE (prezgfish @ Apr 4 2003, 11:54 AM)
gerbil has never done 500 a day let alone in a half hour

Methinks someone needs a crash course in sarcasm... rolleyes.gif
gerbilfromhell
just like everyone to note that my sig is now MUCH shorter, it's actually normal-sized now biggrin.gif
GhettoSmitty
Whoa. I e-mailed the creator of the site. And to my surpise he e-mailed me back I have tryed so many times to get replys but he is the only one.. I love Samuri Lapin thouygh he is pimp. Though I thank you for liking my Name I have it on yahoo so i decided to make it here. But thanks for helping do you all mind if i post on this forum?
craziness
no we would love you to post and mata is the creator of the site he posts here too! he posted on this thread actually. most everyone is really nice too and will want to adopt you. where are you from?
GhettoSmitty
ph34r.gif cool face. ut Me i am from Oklahoma. It is boring and lke the twilight zone here. But I would love to be adopted into this are there any rules at all or anything???
GhettoSmitty
Were is everyone. Its a saturday so Er i am gunan post like stupid things to change my rank thingy. So please don't like ignore me.
GhettoSmitty
This is to raise my raqnk >_>
GhettoSmitty
Onlky 3 MORE!
GhettoSmitty
Only 1 after this !
GhettoSmitty
Well i hope its changed but i will post later tonight
craziness
go on to general chat. this is for fault reports
GhettoSmitty
So er were is you guys?
craziness
post in general chat this is the site fault reports section
gerbilfromhell
jus like everyone to notice that my sig is actually normal sized now and i think crazi's is longer. i'm happy biggrin.gif
craziness
yours is 10 lines, mine is 7. wink.gif
gerbilfromhell
fine, but there my sig is still normal-sized. many ppl have longer sigs than me
leopold
Gerbil, great jorb on gettin the siggy down to size bud! smile.gif

I hope others take yer lead...
gerbilfromhell
and now my sig's another 2 lines shorter biggrin.gif
LilNick
I am trying to keep my sgnature short but I just keep thinking of things that I want to add to it.
gerbilfromhell
then at least make the font normal sized
leopold
or even teeny sized.... use SIZE=1 at the front an /SIZE at the end... works fer me!
gerbilfromhell
but your sig's onea the longer ones...... anyways, i'm makin mine size 0 so my sig gets even smaller biggrin.gif
leopold
Yikes!! Didn't know ya could do that!!! Thankies buddy!

Yeah, the sig is stretched by the piccy - I may hafta do summat about that...
gerbilfromhell
QUOTE (leopold @ Apr 13 2003, 03:44 PM)
Yikes!! Didn't know ya could do that!!! Thankies buddy!

Yeah, the sig is stretched by the piccy - I may hafta do summat about that...

somehow, absolutely no one besides me (until this moment) knows that 'small' isn't the smallest font, and 'largest' isn't the largest font. (expectant pause before gerbil reveals his holy secret) you can change the #s manually (instead of size=14, you can put size=500000 tho i think 33 is the largest and it'll automatically go to that if you put anythin higher)
leopold
I knew about the max size from me days tinkerin wi HTML - I used 50 once or twice here an it seemed OK... but I thought 0 would be non-existent!
gerbilfromhell
you didn't use 50 (tho you think you did this happened to me). it'll let you post with whatever # you put in, but if the #'s too high it'll automatically go back to about 33. i found this out when i was editing a post (or was i quoting it i forgot whatever, still the same point)
Mata
Thanks for taming the demon signatures from hell peeps, it makes the board a lot more readable!

Aren't you all lovely? wub.gif
LilNick
Is my sig still too long?
SuperKathoid
i dont know what the big deal is with big signatures

mine is nice and little...
gerbilfromhell
that's cause you haven't been here for awhile biggrin.gif
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 18 2003, 10:34 PM)
that's cause you haven't been here for awhile biggrin.gif

I've been here for a while and my sig is there for no reason at all
gerbilfromhell
that's cause you dun include cult/legue/clan memberships/creations, noobs/foobs/anti-noobs/minions/anti-minions, or animal things (vodka imps, weird smiley's, acid bunnies, etc.) if you did, your sig would be longish now
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 20 2003, 09:12 PM)
that's cause you dun include cult/legue/clan memberships/creations, noobs/foobs/anti-noobs/minions/anti-minions, or animal things (vodka imps, weird smiley's, acid bunnies, etc.) if you did, your sig would be longish now

no it would nt
Mata
LilNick, it is still probably about twice as long as is needed. To put it in context; you typed a one line post and due to your signature I couldn't see the next reply until your one line had been scrolled off the top of the browser.
prezgfish
yeah if the sig takes up the screen its way too long
LilNick
i just took a big part of my signature out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.