Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Injuries
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Moosh
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Jun 5 2005, 07:13 AM)

Am I just a really big perv, or does this sound pseudo-erotic to anyone else?

/spam

I wasn't going to mention it but... yeah I thought that too

[/spam]
I_am_the_best
I'm not one for getting hurt so much and I've never really broken anything but I did burn myself with a spoon one time and had a spoon shaped red bit on my chin for about a week. I was making tea but was only wearing a towel. The towel was slipping so I caught it and then the spoon just... landed on my chin really.

I was also ill one time and making tea and I picked up the kettle full of boiling water, misjudged where the mug was and poured it all over my foot. I didn't actually realised I'd done it until I saw there wasn't any water in the mug.

This morning I woke up and smashed my head on my light (that hangs over my bed) I fell back and was lying there for quite a while...

Not forgetting the time you sneezed on the bus and managed to whack your head on the seat infront... laugh.gif
Freaker
Okay, here we go

When I was about two years old, my mom carried me up the stairs. The heel of her shoe broke, she lost balance, and fell down with me in her arms. nfortunately, she landed on top of me.
Result: Front teeth through both of my lips, still have all the scars, 1 week completely in shock, couldn't speak or whatever (or so they told me wink.gif)

12 years old. I was at a friends place, and we held a contest of who could cut a piece of paper the fastest. I won, but I had also cut off the top of my finger. Went home, my mom was gone, I didn't know what to do, and passed out cause of the loss of blood.

About a year ago. I told one of my friends he didn't have the guts to jump to my toes with his combat boots one (you know, the ones with lead in the nose). Don't ask me why I dared him. He jumped. I broke a toe.
It never healed quite well, so everytime I bump into something if feels like that guy is jumping on my feet again tongue.gif

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend bit me a little to enhousiastic. He actually bit a piece out of my arm.

And further I've got a lot of bruises, scars (agressive cats smile.gif) and so on.

Go ahead, laugh smile.gif
mooooooooooopo
As of about a month ago I've had a few nasty scars on my hand. :s

Two little semicircular lines from a model airplane propellor at the bottom of my thumb, though they weren't too painful.

The other one is from putting away a soldering iron which (I thought) had cooled down. I managed to flick a lump of solder into the air and catch it on the back of my hand where it burnt a nice little 2mm deep hole. OwOwOw.
Forever Unknown
Heh.

I've got a lovely few scars on my face from tripping on the top step at home, stumbling (and thus gaining momentum), and spanking the edge of the windowsill and radiator with my head. Cue broken nose, lots of blood and squeaking while trying to make sure I didn't stain the carpet.

So. Yeah. This was about a year ago, and I was completely sober. I'm now left with a two-and-a-half inch scar down the middle of my forehead, and a thick inch-long scar between my eyes.

About a week after, my chair at work broke while I was leaning back. I fall backwards onto this huge piece on metal which held the chair together (inefficiently, it seems), get bashed in the lower back. Avoided impaling myself, though, so that was lucky.

After much drinking on New Years, I tried to lean on a chair to bend and get something off the floor. Except I missed the chair and hit the floor with my face. I spent the rest of the weekend looking like I had cerebral palsy.

I'm very clumsy.
voices_in_my_head
When I was seven, We were having a sleeping bag race down The stair case (I don't know why) And I thought that we would be able to turn the sleeping bag, so that It wouldn't hit the wall whenever the staricase turned. I was wrong.

Another time, I was ironing (This was last year) and I Dropped the Iron on my finger. You can guess the results of that.
Museum Girl
1: I picked up the tonges I'd been using in science by the wrong end and ended up with blistered fingers.

2: I was friends with these boys who used to unscrew all the bannisters and table tops around the school. I thought it was funny. Then I fell down those stairs, grabbed the afore mentioned bannister which then acted kind of like a pole vault and I ended up upside down at the bottom of the stairs on top of a 5th former, who was about as surprised as I was. (this is true I swear)

3: I attempted to fish my cat out from behind the sink when I was seven and broke one of my teeth in half.

4: I fainted at the airport and bounced off a metal bollard. Result: broken teeth, nose and glasses. Mum was checking out my teeth, touched the exposed nerve causing me to faint again. This time I hit the back of my head and gained a concussion.

5: Sparring: the guy's knuckles collided with mine and the diamond ring he was wearing sliced them open, he then got yelled at by the sensei (what kind of selfish moron wears rings while sparring?).
artist.unknown
I have a scar on one thumb from using an x-acto knife to trim a Christmas tree (not a clever plan).

The opposite thumb doesn't bend. This is due to me cutting through it with an x-acto knife whilst dissecting a kidney (remember kids, looking around the room is not doctor-recommended knife handling).

I also set my hand on fire off a flaming marshmellow. eheh.
Chronotub
When I was 1 or 2 my sister pushed me of a chair and I bit part of my tong off, now my tong is a weird shape.
I also have a small lump inside my mouth just under my lip where I tripped over and my teeth went through my lip.
And I also have a small scar on one of my fingers from trapping my finger in a door.
And last but not lest, I have some nerve damage in my right shin after jumping into a bush and hitting my shin on a branch
Zin
I stepped on a shoe adn fell down the stairs

i got a big bruise and it turned purple then blue then green and yellowish
I_am_the_best
I have two prong-shaped scars in the joiny bit between the thumb and first finger from stabbing myself whilst trying to break a whole in a coconut with a bread knife...

About twenty minutes ago, I was walking to my saxophone case with my saxophone leaning partly over my shoulder. Somehow it managed to swing round and whack me on the head. Now I have a large bumb on the side.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Museum Girl @ Jun 6 2005, 01:42 PM)
3: I attempted to fish my cat out from behind the sink when I was seven and broke one of my teeth in half.

4: I fainted at the airport and bounced off a metal bollard. Result: broken teeth, nose and glasses. Mum was checking out my teeth, touched the exposed nerve causing me to faint again. This time I hit the back of my head and gained a concussion.

When I was about 7 I was walking along a wall and I fell off and broke my front tooth in half... I now have no nerve in the tooth but when I did and I didn't have a cap on it (they fell off quite regularly unsure.gif ) I loved the feel of my tongue on the exposed nerve, although it probably wasn't fully functional after the incident. I've had hours of work on the tooth and not one anethetic... it's great!
artist.unknown
When I was 1 or 2 my sister pushed me of a chair and I bit part of my tong off, now my tong is a weird shape.

I did that doing a summersault on my parent's water bed when I was about six.

I also split open the bridge of my nose when I thundered up the stairs once, causing a plate to fall off a shelf and break across my face.

I also bunged myself up in history class because I turned around too quickly getting ready to sit down and fainted a bit, fell over, tripped over my desk, tried to grab the desk next to mine which also fell over with all my text books on it, in the process domino'ing over another nearby desk, all of which I managed to land under. ...my classmates thought it was a riot.
voices_in_my_head
About three minutes ago, I was chewing on the end of this necklace I had made, and ended up Pierceing a piece of wire through my tounge... I'm Brillent, arn't I?
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jun 8 2005, 10:43 PM)
About three minutes ago, I was chewing on the end of this necklace I had made, and ended up Pierceing a piece of wire through my tounge... I'm Brillent, arn't I?

Daftly SO!
Faerieryn
OK stupid things I have done...

When I was little I came down a slide on my front, sneezed and bashed my mouth on the end of the slide. Result- chip on front tooth.

Fell down the stairs last week when I was late for work and twisted my ankle- result not just late for work but also off sick.

Sang too loud at a karaoke when ill with bad throad. Result- a very quiet Ryn for a couple of days.

I'ma actually quite good at doing stupid things and not getting hurt. I have done the usual ankle twists etc but have never broken a major bone or anything else
Moosh
Not really that injured but very stupid. Last night I was watching a DVD with my sister and her boyfriend Pete. When it finished I jumped from the sofa across the room to the TV, to take the DVD out. When this was commented on as being strange (because of the way I leapt), I said it wasn't that strange as my sister does something similar but dives. I proceeded to demonstrate this but ended up getting huge friction burns down my legs because I forgot I was wearing shorts.
MonochromeRainbow
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Jun 9 2005, 04:51 PM)
Not really that injured but very stupid. Last night I was watching a DVD with my sister and her boyfriend Pete. When it finished I jumped from the sofa across the room to the TV, to take the DVD out. When this was commented on as being strange (because of the way I leapt), I said it wasn't that strange as my sister does something similar but dives. I proceeded to demonstrate this but ended up getting huge friction burns down my legs because I forgot I was wearing shorts.

you leap like a stupid gangling leaping thing. in shorts. and yes, you are very stupid. i simply stretch out across the floor in a graceful manner.

this is not spam.

my stupid injury: me and my friend katy were getting slowly tipsy and dancing. i stepped backwards, stood on a glass, limped for a week and spent an hour in casualty.
Calantyr
I punched my brother in the mouth because he was cheating at some card game or another.

However he had a chipped tooth at the time. I sliced my thumb open, cut deep into a blood vessle, and nearly lost my thumb.
Theres no way your thumb is suppossed to go completely purple....

On the bright side I now have a cool scar that looks lke a Y.
Quoth(The Raven)
Brrrrrrr! this thread makes me nervous... unsure.gif
I_am_the_best
When poked or tickled anywhere near my tummy region, automatically I make a noise resembling 'OOAAGGHHMM' and fall on the floor. I was being tickled last night and then I jerked backwards onto this metal pole and upon examining my back this morning, I have a large blue line across my back. Ow... unsure.gif
depressed lonely crazy person
EVERY time a make kebabs I burn my hand on the oven.
EVERY time I eat corned meat I choke
I burn myself on the kettle most weeks

I should stay from hot things

I have 4 inch long half inch wide scar on the back of my calf from putting my foot through a wall.
and I have 44 scars on my left hand and 65 on my right half of which are from sticking my hands through glass windows and doors.
porcelainwarrior
*bumpalicious baby*

I've been sitting with my feet curled under me, the right one went dead. So - I thinks I do - "Let's get up and walk about for a bit before it falls off then Missy-me-lass" Turns out I'd underestimated how numb it actually is and go right over on my ankle and (because we're decorating right now) all the carpets are up and the Gripperrods are exposed. Apparently it's not a good idea to land on them flat on your back...Ow...Funnily enough when all this was going on I was messing around looking at all the topics I've started here so I thought I'd give it a bump. Pity me or suffer my pouty wrath...Grr...Tell me more stories you make me feel less clumsy that way tongue.gif
voices_in_my_head
My friend had been re-modeling her kitchen, and they had put in one of those flat stovetops. I wasn't paying attention to the little bright red "still hot" button, and I leaned my hand on the stovetop.
My hand started swelling up and I was from then on an Offical Idiot.
Mittens322
I broke my paw eating a potatoe chip. Somehow. Do I win something? blink.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Jun 6 2005, 05:37 PM)
I also set my hand on fire off a flaming marshmellow. eheh.

I only managed a scar from my flaming marshmallow...
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Jun 9 2005, 02:05 AM)
When I was little I came down a slide on my front, sneezed and bashed my mouth on the end of the slide. Result- chip on front tooth.

When I was little, I had a toy wagon, which I went to pull, when I saw a spider on the handle... i released the handle quickly, in my fright, and it bounced up and hit me in the mouth, chipping my tooth. I finally had it bonded, and it took two tries to get the bonding right. Now, years later, the bonding is breaking down, and I have to get the tooth crowned... at over four hundred dollars! Considering the original bonding, this little accident in my youth has cost close to a thousand dollars! All for a spider, long dead... oog.
gothictheysay
I had to check to make sure I hadn't posted yet... I think I might've posted something in a thread like this before... anyway.

When I was about four, I think, I stabbed myself in the face with a pencil. *I* had a hard time finding the lead mark, but no one else did. I think it's mostly gone now.

I have a chipped tooth that hasn't been fixed - I quite like it, actually - and I'm not exactly sure as to how it happened, but I think I was eightish and was swimming in the pool without goggles and my eyes shut and my face went *smack* into the concrete wall. Not to mention the time I tried to get out of the pool and my sister yanked on my leg, slamming my chin on the edge. My teeth are more sensitive now.

Ah, what else more recently... when we moved into our new house, the stairs weren't carpeted. I was holding onto the railing, on about the third or fourth step, and I slipped. It hurt, but I didn't think I damaged anything until I noticed a two-inch bruise on my forearm just above my elbow. This thing changed to many colors of the rainbow and was around for quite a while.

Also, the back of my ankle is scratched up pretty badly. I've no idea why, but I only noticed because it hurt when I scraped it against the steps, and because my sister pointed it out to me.

It's amazing I haven't broken anything yet...
I_am_the_best
I am currently covered all over in lots of little scratches. I was in France with my penfriend, her boyfriend and other mate and we'd run down to the ocean to watch the sun set. The way to the ocean is lined with gorse bush and brambles. When we returned, it was very dark and my eye-sight being pretty twisted anyway meant that I just couldn't see. Might aswell have had my eyes closed. I walk into one of the bushes and spent a while trying to get out. I was also wearing a lovely silk netting skirt which is now covered in several holes. dry.gif
Fallen Element
This happened a few months back so I'm gonna start with the furthest injuries and work my way up to the most recent: i.e. three hours ago!

1st: A few months back I was walking back to my flat and fell over. That was silly enough until I picked myself up, had the obligatory look around to make sure no-one seen me and realised I'd twisted my ankle... Limpy walk ensued and I decided on a bus back to the flat. Was getting of at my stop and fell off the bus, twisting my other ankle... After climbing the hill to my flat I practically crawled into my bed, woke up three hours later with two balloons where my ankles usually lived. Couldn't walk for days...

2nd: Finished all of my exams so decided a celebratory drink was in order. Had a fab time at the Union the came outside and seen the massive decorative boulders (Yes, I know...) and made the decision I would jump from boulder to boulder! Fell off and hit my head on the boulder my feet were aiming for. Owww. Then when I made it back to my friends flat I didn't catch the door in time and it smacked me in the face. Lovely bruises in the morning!

3rd: Today... I was in town and decided to stop in City Square and have a wee seat. So I wander over to the fountain thing and make to sit down on the top step so I can throw money in the fountain (I need human interaction) but I misjudged the distance missed the step I wanted and fell on me bum. I've just checked and I have a lovely bruise on my lower back... Great!

Morals of these stories include: stay away from alcohol, buses of any kind, steps, fountains, doors and decorative boulders...

Fal xXx
{Gothic Angel}
I concussed myself with my poi.

I gave myself a nosebleed with my poi.

I split my lip with juggling balls.

I deafened myself for an hour in one ear with an (unlit) fire stick.

Are we noticing a pattern here?
Sky
At gym I was trying to land an aerial cartwheel. In defiance of all physical law, I somehow ended up stood up on my own wrist. Which on the plus side meant that when people asked me why my wrist was all red and bigger than normal, I got to watch them try to stand on their own wrists, which was quite amusing...

I have a scar on my chin from the last tantrum I ever threw. I was but four. I cleverly decided to have said raging tantrum on the tiled kitchen floor, wearing socks. And then suddenly the kitchen floor was an awful lot nearer to eye level, and had blood on it, and I needed to go to A&E for stitches...
voices_in_my_head
The kids my mom watches are evil. I have a huge scratch on my leg surrounded by a bruise from a five-year-old clawing at it. The same five-year-old bit me on my shoulder blade so I now have a tooth-shaped bruise there, and (still from the same kid) Several unknown bruises all across my arms and legs.

If this is how he treats people he likes then God help his Enemies.
oxym0ronical
I don't remember how old I was, but it was before I started school so I'm guessing 3 or 4. We were shopping at a Kmart, and we walked by a stand that had miniature cactus plants. My mom and aunt of course told me and my sister we weren't allowed to touch them. I reached out and grabbed one and squeezed it in my fist. Ouch!

When I was about five, we were remodeling part of our house and had nails, old boards, etc out in the very back part of our yard. My parents had told us to stay away from there because of the nails, but for whatever reason, I was mad at them and decided to go sit down out in the middle of all the boards. I sat down and immediately had a board stuck to my butt. Result of that? Tetanus shot and 2 stitches

As I got older, I'd like to think I got smarter, but really I just became more of a chicken. I've been pelted in the head with apples and fallen out of the tree house because of it, fell in a stock tank and nearly drowned, started our living room carpet on fire and burned myself, and.. probably the most "duh" moment was when I'd first moved out on my own.

I didn't have a car, so my mom came to get me to run me to the store. I forgot something, so I ran back inside, and came back out and headed towards the car. I noticed a fairly big branch, and thought about stepping over it, but I ended up stepping ON it, and it rolled. I rolled with it, and ended up sprawled out in the mud and leaves. I twisted my ankle so badly that I had to wear an air cast and brace for weeks afterward! Everyone had a good chuckle at the fact that I'd tripped over a stick and nearly broke my ankle.
JimiJimi
All I can think of was the time I chipped my tooth on a sausage. Haven't done anything about it though, but I never buy cheap sausages anymore.

Also I broke my arm once but that's not quite as interesting.
pgrmdave
Not my injury, but possibly the dumbest injury I've heard of.

A friend of mine broke his arm. He broke it while playing kickball in the street. He broke it running into a parked car because it was first base. Now, the worst part about it? His mother got the town to put up a "Slow, children" sign.
JimiJimi
I walked into an open door about 20 minutes ago. Now I have a red line on my head...

For some reason I was looking at the bin at the time.
I_am_the_best
This morning I woke up 15 minutes before having to leave to see my great aunt. I still had to get dressed, washed, practise the piano, make her a card and have breakfast. I was working super fast and when I came to get some paper to make the card with, my big toe got caught in the leg of my pyjama bottoms and I flew forwards hopping on one leg and landed on the corner of a large oak desk. Result: a large bruise on my back side and a horrible, horrible looking multicoloured cut on my toe. unsure.gif
Daria
I once ran into a netball post, and got myself light concussion.
I have a very small chip on my tooth from biting down on a needle whilst sewing some thick fabric by hand (and mouth).
My arms are scarred from walking into doorframes (I have no concept of space... and I'm learning to drive).
When I was little, I once jumped off the top of the stairs to see what flying felt like.
It felt good, and although I didn't severely hurt myself, my mum smacked my bottom because of the jump.
uninspired pizza guy
Of the many concusions that i have had, this would be the most interesting. Me and some friends were bored and at the park down the road when someone decided to see who could jump off the swings furtherest. I ended up flying about 5 meters and landing on my head. Luckily i had missed the bench that was there.
mooooooooooopo
I might have already posted this but meh.

I was about 15 and stood in my grans kitchen facing away from the door when I heard a buzzing noise behind me, reached behind my back and grabbed the source of the buzzing without even looking behind me.

Nice catch, except that it was a wasp which proceeded to shred the palm of my hand with its nasty stingy bits. It was weird, at first it felt like I'd grabbed some weird vibrating spikey ball! Clearly wasps are vicious buggers!

OwOwOw!!
El Nino
Here's mine, I was late for school one day (not such a big surprise) so I decided to take a bit of a short cut by jumping some iron railings. I got up there okay but my feet got stuck between the tops of the railings so when I tried to jump down the other side I just went WHAP against one of the rails. Giving me a chipped tooth and scar on my lip.
Ashbless
I can trip while standing still. I'm still working on graceful. biggrin.gif

The most embaressing black eye I ever had came from chambermaid work. I had made up the hide-a-bed and was trying to put it back together. The stupid thing was sticking so I pulled it out a bit and gave it quite a shove. It folded in and pulled me into the back of the sofa. The next day at school I was asked about the shiner and what do I say?

"I got it in bed." laugh.gif

I got bugged about it for days.
oscarhilton
I was on the bus with a few of my friends and i needed to sneeze... so i sneezed and accidentally smacked my head on the bar of the bus. It hurt very much but it was very funny.
haunted tape-dispenser
i was opening a package of muffins, and i almost cut my finger off. you cold see the bone. i feel smart thinking about that. go me!
symphony
a couple years back I ran into a light switch. Don't know how I managed that one but hey...it's possible.
uninspired pizza guy
I was thowing some jelly beans in the air and catching them in my mouth when i bit though my lip. now iv got a big fat scar there.
MrRandomQuotes
I have had lots of injuries that other people laughed at.

For a start a few weeks ago I was running into my lounge and went to perform a amazing leap into the room to annonce my presence. Instead I leapt straight into the doorframe and kind of collapsed into the room in agony.

But then again I gave on of my friends a scar across his forehead. I was pushiong him around in a tesco trolly late on night/early one morning and we found out it doesnt go across rumble strips very well. Maybe i should have tried it before i was running. huh.gif
uninspired pizza guy
Ah yes, memories of trolleys. About two years ago me and a friend decided it would be a good idea to see how fast we could make two trolleys collide with us in them. Silly me had my fingers over the edge and when we hit, it was agony!
Calantyr
I burnt my tongue pretty badly the other night. But damn, those noodles were worth it!

Now it just feels odd though.

Oh yeah, I ripped some hair out when I was taking off my hair band. I consider that to be an injury. Poor poor hair. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.