Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Singing Kitten - New Animation Online!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Mata
Hi all,

There's a new animation up. The Ace of Spades.

Have fun, I'm off to spend some time with my gf since it's nearly ten and I've been working on this all night!

Link's on the main page...
Caughtinlife
That was really very kinky, well done mata biggrin.gif

Is it me or is that song everywhere at the moment blink.gif
Mata
It feels like it is to me...
LoLo
That was simply spiffy! Love it!
CrissiLove
LOL *clapping* That was so great! smile.gif
HeatherS
It's amazing. it's like a film it's so real! smile.gif
leopold
Nice ta see yer sellin out in such excellent style, mata! laugh.gif

There's one in the eye fer Joel, anyways... let's see if he can match that!
InfamousPenis
I see you got some of your inspiration for the video from the white stripes
Mata
Thanks everyone!

I was rather pleased with how my White Stripes section worked, it blended pretty well with the other visuals and was actually surprisingly easy to do!

Well... Easy in comparison to something that's really really complicated rather than very complicated...

There's one in the eye fer Joel, anyways... let's see if he can match that!

The idea has never been to put Joel down, I really like the guy, but instead I just want to raise the bar for what people do with this kind of thing on the web. It's not just him, although he does do it too, there are loads of singing animal animations and they all seem to have one, maybe two, backgrounds and generally not much going on. Often you will have seen the whole 'joke' after thirty seconds and that's not really what I call entertainment... So I decided to go completely over the top and make one of these things how I want to see them.

Now we'll just have to see if anyone decides to take up the challenge!
mr scribble

this isn't me
but he's got the right expression...

you are insane
that kitten with lips is frightening

well
i won't sleep tonight...
mr scribble
(visit emotioneric.com for all your emotion needs...)
Sun Tsu
Nice one, mata. huh.gif
WeeJ
Waiting for it to load...

Added later (56k sucks): Omg....that was all kinds of funny. The white Striped rip was pretty damn good biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (mr scribble @ Aug 14 2003, 05:25 PM)

Nah...I was more like

I make animations every three or four weeks...

Bah...I remember when it was every other Thursday, reg'lar...ee, when I were a lad...tongue.gif
Mata
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Aug 14 2003, 11:28 PM)
I make animations every three or four weeks...

Bah...I remember when it was every other Thursday, reg'lar...ee, when I were a lad...tongue.gif

Life has caught up with me since then... And there is the point that the level of detail in the animations is ramped up massively since the early days.

I went back and watched the first Mr Snaffleburger animation yesterday... Oh my god the sound is dreadful! The quality I demand from my animations before I'll put them online now is so much higher than it used to be too!

Now I've really got to get on with my PhD thesis for a while so there could be a bit of a wait before the next animation comes out; some things in life are more important than animating. I know, I know, it's hard to believe but it's true.
mr scribble
we're gonna have to wait longer for mittens
*hint hint*
oh well

i suppose your life is kinda important...
CrissiLove
QUOTE (mr scribble @ Aug 15 2003, 07:09 AM)
*hint hint*

ooohhhh... that was subtle tongue.gif hehe I like the Mitten cartoons.... smile.gif and LGG... and Samuri Lapin... and...

Um... I guess you get the point smile.gif lol
leopold
QUOTE (mr scribble @ Aug 15 2003, 01:09 PM)
*hint hint*
oh well

i suppose your life is kinda important...

But... but... THIS has cats in it!! Singin "Ace of Spades"!! An motorbikes an car chases!! What more do ya want, man????

Honestly, some people! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

(btw - I was bein sarcastic... no complaints please!)
CommieBastard
Yeah, Mata, I know, I kid, I kid. smile.gif
MoonlightSavingsTime
*giggles* Kittens on motorcycles. Headbangin' kittens. Too much fun. biggrin.gif

Wow, mr scribble, that emotioneric link you just posted is great. LOL!
Rattgirl
QUOTE (Mata @ Aug 15 2003, 05:09 AM)
I went back and watched the first Mr Snaffleburger animation yesterday... Oh my god the sound is dreadful!

Now I've really got to get on with my PhD thesis for a while so there could be a bit of a wait before the next animation comes out; some things in life are more important than animating. I know, I know, it's hard to believe but it's true.

Wooohoooo!!!!! That was too cute. Although my bf got all freaked out by the lips on the kitten but hey, what does he know anyway? *giggle*

We were showing some friends your site the other day and were going through the Mr SB animations and yeah, I noticed the sound on the first SB was....um....really really fuzzy!

What's the PhD for? Omg....Dr. Mata......
Weary Traveler
Really awsome work man... all of it...
kidvicious2punk
omg.....

MATA!!!!!!!!

youve done it yet again....

brilliant!
mr scribble
mata

for your outstanding work in the feild of...
erm...
...crayzee animatory developments
i award you with a link to...

ILOVECHEESE.COM!!

methinks it's .com

oh well

my hinting was very subtle
i am very good at it

*CrissiLove...
this is your conscience speaking...
give mr scribble all your money...
...and food...*

you see!?!
Logicman
How long does that frigging animation take to load?! I waited for ten minutes and it was still on 2%!!
Mata
The sound on there is set up a sneaky way so that the soundtrack only has to load once but still keeps to the same speed as the animation... It's a bit complicated to explain unless you know a lot about how sound in a Flash file works...

2% is where the music loads in, so there's about 3-400k loading in at that percent point. The entire movie is around 1400k. If you're on a slow connection then this will take a fair while to load, if you're not then it sounds like you've got a loading error: leave the page clear your cached internet files (in IE that's Tools>Internet Options then press 'Delete files' then 'OK') then have another go.
CrissiLove
I knew the animation would take a while to load... maybe that's why I was actually quite surprised how fast it loaded on my 'puter--which is known for taking for taking forever.

QUOTE (mr scribble @ Aug 17 2003, 08:47 AM)
my hinting was very subtle
*CrissiLove...
this is your conscience speaking...
give mr scribble all your money...
...and food...*

*blindly gives Mr. Scribble the 47 cents I have in my purse and my toast*

Huh? Wait.... Why did I just do that....? I'm hungry! *grabs my piece of toast back* tongue.gif
mr scribble
gah!
i'm sure 47 cents can buy many a piece of toast
though i'm not in canada (or america- not sure!)
so i don't think people will accept the cents
however the buses do accept euros...

sometimes the animations take a while to load
so i just click on back and watch another one
and don't delete anything
and then when i try downloading it again
it'll start from where it left off
so sometimes i'll do this about three or so times
before it starts loading again
MAGIC!
Logicman
QUOTE (mr scribble @ Aug 22 2003, 09:10 AM)
though i'm not in canada (or america- not sure!)

both.
Sir Psycho Sexy
there was an advert on tele about some dodgy milk flavouring stuff that was very similar style what with the cats with lips and singing, they were wearing flat caps too...and one was playing an accordian

...dayan saw it too, i'm not making it up!
Debaser
it's true...very, VERY similar...creepily so...
rosiemonkey
I think that the 'crusha' ad was made by the 'Joel' that was mentioned earlier on in the thread. I can't remember, but I think it was the one in which the kittens do Elbow covering Independent Women.
MAtt
notice i don't post often anymore.... but that was just so boss i had to come online and asy "that was so boss" i think ill leave my mark somewhere else
Mata
'Lo! You've not been on here for a while have you?
MAtt
no its kinda wierd...ive been doing alot of stuff over the summer but its kinda cool coming back on and being reconized by like 2 people...o well. im trying to get on more.
CovertYawn
Aah.. "The Ace of Spades." classic.. I was just thinking of that song while watching "the Young Ones" on DVD.. and then, lo and behold.. they played the very same song! On the one where they do university challenge... aahhh.... sublime.
BloodCri
good cartoon but it kinda scared me
Mata
Thanks, glad you liked it... Quite a lot of people said they found it scary which I wasn't expecting. I guess the lips were a bit much!

BTW, sorry about trimming your sig but I try to keep things as readable as possible on here and the pic was too big. The general rule of thumb is that sigs shouldn't be much taller than 100 pixels (that's the same size as the avatar pictures). If they get much bigger than that it means that often you've got half a page of picture between each post and that's not really the point of forums!
MAtt
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 18 2003, 07:16 AM)
Thanks, glad you liked it... Quite a lot of people said they found it scary which I wasn't expecting. I guess the lips were a bit much!

BTW, sorry about trimming your sig but I try to keep things as readable as possible on here and the pic was too big. The general rule of thumb is that sigs shouldn't be much taller than 100 pixels (that's the same size as the avatar pictures). If they get much bigger than that it means that often you've got half a page of picture between each post and that's not really the point of forums!

yah!!! how dare you.....wait what? Im from the time before pics in the sig...o well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.