Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-shirt Ideas
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2
TheGerbil
I've no idea if you're open to ideas for new t-shirt designs, but while watching LGG and the Ice Cream Man just now I found myself thinking 'hm, I'd pay a chunking great wodge of cash for a t-shirt with that on the front', and it seemed like a good idea to tell you, rather than just hoping you'd pick up on the psychic vibes. Or something.

The piccie in question is:

http://www.killmenow.co.uk/images/lgg.jpeg

Big Hugglie-wugglies

The Gerbil.

(PS, yes, I will be ordering one of the existing designs anyway, so feel free to utterly disregard this post! smile.gif )
Mata
Hmm... Fair point, that is a pretty good image isn't it?

Well, there's actually a new LGG design coming out very soon anyway which will make a total of three designs featuring the bonnie gothic lass, so I think that next time I make a design it will probably be of Mr Snaffleburger (either the Corporation logo or just a plain 'CONFORM CONSUME OBEY' text design).

The trouble is that whenever I get a new design made I try to get it printed in as many sizes as I can so there will be something to fit pretty much everyone which makes the whole process extremely expensive. Essentially what I'm saying is that I'd love to make that design but I can't afford it. I've just emptied my coffers to pay for the site's hosting charge for the next year which was rather a lot of money too!

Mata
gerbilfromhell
you need more mr. snaffleburger t-shirts. he's slowly replacing mittens as the #1 character on matazone and so there should be more than 1 t-shirt of him. you could have 'conform consume obey' written all over the t-shirt with him in the middle or something like that.... (trails off, runs away, hides in corner)
TheGerbil
Fair enough - I eagerly await the new design! smile.gif
Pernicious
Please please please follow up on the CONFORM CONSUME OBEY t-shirt idea.

I'm being forced to take a class in corporate law and it makes me want to poke my eyes out with a rusty fork.

At least wearing the shirt proudly would give me 1/2 of a second of peace of mind.
Aelfgifu
I can picture a plain black t-shirt with 'conform consume obey' written across it in white. I would buy it if I happened to have money. Of course, cruel Fate has decided to make me penniless. dry.gif Stoopid Fate.
craziness
great ideas all of you i agree you should make more t-shirts but....i dont have any ideas because im an uncreative lazy bum. hows about you put a big picture of my face on one of them? hehehe...but if you dont have enough money then maybe you should uh....well if you dont want ads then i guess the only solution is to raise t-shirt prices but i dont want you to get any ideas about that either...hmmmmm.......ahhh i dont like this now im confused you must go through this every day........ dry.gif
Mata
The borderland between what I would like to do and what I can afford is a wide space indeed unfortunately. The t-shirts really do just go to paying to keep the site running and I can't resist spending any extra profit on getting new designs made. I really should try and pay myself some money so that I can pay the rent more easily...

I think that black t-shirts with the plain white C.C.C. print will be next on my list of things to get made... Now to sell lots of the new LGG design (which should be arriving at my house today) so that I can afford to get them made!

Yep, confusion and busy-ness is my daily state. huh.gif
witchblade_babe
you should have "ooo... bouncy walls!!!" bwhahaha and me is know many friends that would buy it too yep yep tis a good idea i say ^-^ biggrin.gif wink.gif smile.gif tongue.gif (can you tell i like the smilies yet? laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif wink.gif wink.gif tongue.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif blink.gif lol how bout now?)
gerbilfromhell
this might just be my cynical way of looking at life but somehow i doubt the generosity of your viewers will not keep your site running for more than another few months and then you will have to resort to popups. don't get me wrong, i'm glad you're keeping this site popup free but if i had to choose between closing annoying popups or having matazone close down, i'd choose to have popups, however evil and annoying they are.
Majicou83
Signed t-shirts?
SuperKathoid
how bout Mata just sells us plain white t-shirts. with nothing on them.

then we can buy markers and just color on them instead...
LoLo
Maybe just do plain old tie dye shirts, it's what kept the hippies going.
NoName4444
I dono Gerbil, I think that as more and more people visit Mata's site, there will always be new people to buy tshirts. With popularity, sales can only increase, not decrease. ::sigh:: If only we could find Mata a rich rich sponser.
gerbilfromhell
ok fine. i'm making a poll to see how fast sales will increase because i don't think the site grows as fast as you're making it seem it does
NoName4444
::blinks:: And that poll would tell you....

Mata already gets over 1000 hits a day, now we're shooting for 2000. It's growth is expotential, as more people start visiting, they will of course love Mata's work and tell their friends. It's like some freaky fibonacci sequence. Still, it doesn't really matter. Mata know's what he's doing, and he's doing it. ph34r.gif
gerbilfromhell
i know that but how many people who like matazone actually took the time to buy a t-shirt? i'm not asking if you've visited or like matazone, i'm asking if you bought a t-shirt. somehow i think that number (if people are honest) will be less than you think (though not really low). i know mata knows what he's doing, otherwise the site wouldn't be around now, i'm just wondering if many people who would buy a t-shirt are always saying 'someone else will buy it if i don't' or 'i'll buy it later'
craziness
i would love a tshirt with a screen shot of the mr sb max cat snoboarding. and you can make it in white on cafe press! the mr sb max tshirts should be white, theyd look bad if they were black. besides, i dont understand the hatred of white some people have.white is not a bad color. it did not do anything to you. you may prefer black, and i do prefer black, but i love white as well.
lilasylum
ello eveybody, witchblade_babe had a great idea, bouncy wall shirt would be awsome sometime in the future, and yea u got a lotta LGG shirts... but still it'd be awsome. that's it for now, need caffine ph34r.gif adios

(1st post yay)
CrissiLove
*likes the bouncy wall t-shirt idea* I love that... smile.gif I have to admit I have not bought any t-shirts or anything yet... but I REALLY am going to. *solemnly swear*
prezgfish
want the mittens playing with globe t-shirt when ever mata want's to design one

on the back could be the picture of mittins sleeping with snowdrop saying how cute mittins looks
CrissiLove
Okay.. I just bought my first t-shirt from here smile.gif I got the LGG "Do you have my size in black?" one.
craziness
YAY YOURE GONNA LOVE IT! my mr sb tshirt came very fast and i was so happy and ive worn it like 5 times already omg it rules!!!!! i also PMed mata telling him that if not for this forum i wouldnt have bought it for like another year and he said this forum wasnt meant to be a marketing device but thats not a bad thing hehe
YOU SEE?! this forum is a marketing device!
CrissiLove
It is... LOL I was gonna buy shirts and stuff anyways (I want a mousepad too) sooner or later.. but when I read the posts today I felt guilty about not doing it yet.. LOL i only ordered the one so far... I wish that there were pics of models wearing the shirts to get a better idea of how they fit... lol so I ordered just the one so far smile.gif didn't wanna have 3 shirts that don't fit the way I like 'em... LOL smile.gif
craziness
i can send you a pic of me wearing mine lol
prezgfish
QUOTE (craziness @ Mar 15 2003, 03:51 AM)
YOU SEE?! this forum is a marketing device!

then we are happy

see proof that all your troubles can be solved through shopping

Conform, Consume OBEY!
gerbilfromhell
i've got troubles. must shop. BUY BUY BUY. MAKE LIFE HAPPY! WHEEEEEEEE! biggrin.gif
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Mar 15 2003, 02:17 PM)
i've got troubles. must shop. BUY BUY BUY. MAKE LIFE HAPPY! WHEEEEEEEE! biggrin.gif

then may i suggest the solid gold mr sb brand diamond encrusted super Smitemeisterô omega
gerbilfromhell
whoa.... a fancy smitemaster. MUST BUY! MUST HAVE BEST SMITEMASTER!
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Mar 15 2003, 03:31 PM)
whoa.... a fancy smitemaster. MUST BUY! MUST HAVE BEST SMITEMASTER!

the fancy ones a Smitemeisterô not a Smitemasterô
gerbilfromhell
ahhh, i see. well, i'll get both of them, because they're both schway biggrin.gif
prezgfish
and full of smitey goodness smile.gif
gerbilfromhell
WHEEEE! SMITING!(goes out into the street and smites heathens)
prezgfish
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Mar 17 2003, 10:48 PM)
WHEEEE! SMITING!(goes out into the street and smites heathens)

walks out on street see's everyone smitted and goes back in bored
acidteardrop
*bump*gerb's first post thread. *giggles*you were such a n00b back then gerb!
CommieBastard
Sarah's new hair.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 26 2003, 11:06 PM)
Sarah's new hair.

oh common!! i've been waiting for that since late august!! i wanted it for the first mata meet!
LoLo
QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Dec 26 2003, 10:33 AM)
*bump*gerb's first post thread. *giggles*you were such a n00b back then gerb!

Actually I think that was The Gerbil, not Gerbilfromhell. Either way still cool to have this bumped, although I don't know if Mata can use the ideas.
acidteardrop
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Feb 24 2003, 06:23 PM)
you need more mr. snaffleburger t-shirts. he's slowly replacing mittens as the #1 character on matazone and so there should be more than 1 t-shirt of him. you could have 'conform consume obey' written all over the t-shirt with him in the middle or something like that.... (trails off, runs away, hides in corner)

as i said, gerbilfromhell's first post.
Ocean!
I seriously would buy a shirt if I wasn't 14 and didn't live in Canada and had a Credit Card. But sadly, I'm 14, live in Canada and have no Credit Card. *cries* Good luck anyways.
FunkyGothCheeseMonkey
I wannna buy a t-shirt but i dun have any money and im only 12 so my mom will not let me get i job (goddamn labor laws...)
Mata
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 26 2003, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 26 2003, 11:06 PM)
Sarah's new hair.

oh common!! i've been waiting for that since late august!! i wanted it for the first mata meet!

You'll be waiting for a bit longer yet, I've not got a lot of money at the moment and if a couple of people I've done jobs for don't pay me soon then I'm going to be in some very serious problems by the end of this month!
Sir Maxerpopple
Rob them! I need more snaffleburger!
Polocrunch
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE produce a T-shirt with "Pull my nipples... hard* Written on it. A picture of Mittens himself is optional.
Sir Maxerpopple
Polo, do you want people to think you are a freak??!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
sjbbandgeek
Make a t-shirt whith a family portrait of all your childrens.
Polocrunch
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Jan 2 2004, 11:10 PM)
Polo, do you want people to think you are a freak??!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

And who wouldn't?

*Questioning frown*
EvilSpork
POLO! You just read my MIND! :-D I would SO buy that if you, Mata, made it ohmy.gif
Polocrunch
This calls for immediate and unrepentant sex-based celebrations!
Mata
Sorry, but the chances of me making that T-shirt are pretty much zero, come on, I'm not about to make something that would most likely increase sexual harassment by tenfold for those wearing it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.